[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wow, such a masterpiece of enemy design, totally coherent and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 197
Thread images: 17

File: kino enemy placement.jpg (277KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
kino enemy placement.jpg
277KB, 1920x1080px
Wow, such a masterpiece of enemy design, totally coherent and believable.

Why can't DaStards admit their favorite game is extremely flawed and incoherent?
>>
The only people who would say Dark Souls isnt flawed are the bandwagon fans who like it to be hip.
>>
File: 1502862814889.png (283KB, 499x513px) Image search: [Google]
1502862814889.png
283KB, 499x513px
>>387886802
>ZWEIHANDER IN LEFT HAND
>SHIELD IN MAIN
>>
>>387886802
still the best in the series
>>
>>387886802
Because they can't accept that Miyazaki is a Ubisoft-tier scam artist and hack.
>>
File: dude_wtf.png (75KB, 400x320px) Image search: [Google]
dude_wtf.png
75KB, 400x320px
>>387886802
>using the Zweihänder in left hand and shield in right hand
>>
@387886896
actually its more the bandwagoning assholes who say it's bad just because they cant think of any better way to talk about the game
>>
>>387887141
If we're talking about SOULS games, then DaS3 is the best.
If we're talking about SOULSBORNE games, then Bloodborne is the best, and DaS3 is the second best.

I love them all and I love DaS (literally started a new playthrough this morning, I'm at Gaping Anus), but when you take each aspect of the game individually, it's not the best. It's a lot better than DaS2, on par with DeS and sotfs and weaker than BB/DaS3. No doubt their game will be their best, soulsborne games get better over time, simply because From gets better at making them.
>>
>>387886802
why are you crying now, casual?
>>
>>387886802
> Zweihander in left hand and Shield in right
???
>>
>>387887374
>implying it's possible to play Dark Souls professionaly
>>
>>387887351
BB>DS>Des>DS3>shit>Ds2
>>
I think what's worse is most enemies just go back to their original positions if they can't pathfind their way to you. Hell in Blighttown the enemies fucking kill themselves because they can't navigate to you properly.
>>
>>387886802
Incoherent? you mean that shit has a plot to start with? huh who knew, really not the devs thats for sure.
>>
File: muh braise le sun.jpg (498KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
muh braise le sun.jpg
498KB, 1920x1080px
>>387887374
Pointing out obvious flaw in enemy placement/game design means I'm a casual, even tho I didn't mention difficulty or struggle once. People like you are the reason nobody takes the souls community seriously.
What made you think I'm crying, where did you see cry in my post? And how the fuck could you possibly know my casual level with a single screenshot pointing out a retarded decision From made.

>>387887415
>>387887279
>>387887086
Chill, it's just something I started doing before taking DaS screenshots, switch weapons and fish for replies. I don't play like that, but I love the reactions.

Btw, why the fuck can't you see Solaire from Taurus demon bridge in pic related?
>inb4 draw distance
You can see NPC and other assets from way further later in the game
>inb4 le hur dur he spawned when you were next to him because time is convuluted
if you talk to him then go back to the bridge or one of the windows after the bridge, he dissapears
>>
>>387887351
The overall experience in DaS1 is still the best.
Even taking each aspect individually DaS3 is still behind when considering that it is the 5th and not the 2nd game in the series and can exploit the weak and ailing hardware of an entirely new generation of consoles.
Asserting that DaS3 is the best and not the second worst requires a significant amount of bullshit assertion and overvaluing the third of the boss roster that isn't shit.
>>
>>387887879
I was going to back you up but you post like you're from reddit
>>
>>387887351
Why do we do this "Soulsborne" bullshit? There's only one Bloodborne game, and at virtually every level it is a Souls game. In any case saying DaS3 is the best is almost as bad as claiming DaS2 is the best, and therefore you should repent for 300 days for making such a statement.
>>
>>387887560
But DaS3 is better than DaS in literally every aspect other than world design. I can understand DaS being your favorite, because enjoyment is personal and depends on tons of factors (just like everyone agrees that both Portal games are fantastic, everyone agrees that Portal 2 is objectively better than 1, but everyone including me PREFER Portal), but every aspect of DaS (except world design in the first third which is pure world design kino) is weaker than DaS. No matter how you look at it, DaS3 has the best bosses in the series (on par or better than bloodborne), the best animations, the best gameplay, the best enemy AI, the best dialogue writing, the best movesets, the best individual level design (Undead Burg and Ariamis may be 10/10 masterpieces, undead settlement, cotd, lothric's castle or archdragon peak are the peak of Miyazaki's talent, it's beyond simple rating, it's just art).

And you said DaS2 is the worst, you're right, it sucks. But you forgot sotfs in your rating. Sotfs is miles above DaS2, and I'm not talking about the DLC, but just the countless small changes to the base game that just fixed it and made it better and more fun.
>>
>>387888321
DS3 is bland and uninspired. It may be more polished but it ironically lacks "soul"
>>
>>387887972
>I have no arguments so I'll have to call him Reddit.
The very definition of everything wrong with this board

And if you REALLY want to know, no I'm not from Reddit. Not because /v/ said it's bad, not because of memes, but simply because I went there once out of curiosity, didn't find how to post a reply, didn't understand how to see the images without closing the thread and opening a new page, and replies are all mixed, it's hard to follow the order. Plus it's a pain in the ass to access another "board", so after 5 minutes of suffering I just stopped trying. I have nothing against Reddit, I just never used it because I don't understand, 4chan has been the only english website where I've posting in 10 years. Sometimes when i google Souls related stuff I end up on that white website with a blue UI, but again, I have no idea how it works so I just read the page and go back to the google answers.
>>
>>387888689
>I have no arguments so I'll have to call him Reddit.
Can you read? I wasn't even trying to argue with your points but support them.

Your juvenile response was overloaded with reddit mannerisms. Whether you browse the site or not you need to drop those if you want any sort of respect. Just read what you have in your post:

>le hur dur
>muh braise le sun

I mean come on.
>>
>>387887879
If you need to rely on exploiting the enemy AI and positioning to get through the game, you ARE A CASUAL. This isn't debatable. It's a fucking fact.
>>
>>387886896
i have never seen a single person claim "dark souls isn't flawed"
>>
>>387887086
>>387887279
>>387887415
>Not being part of the lefty master race
>>
>>387888673
Some parts of the game are still phenomenally done. I get what you mean, lots of half-added areas and design choices. Lack of interconnecticity is the big one. Some levels have much more choices to paths to take. Farron Keep and Crucifixion Woods are one of the best designed areas in the game, and Abyss Watchers is probably one of the best designed bosses in the series. Even the lead up to the boss, heading the clash of weapons, the darkwraiths appearing, which at first glance is very confusing for returning players. It's one of the few moments where enemies fight each other. And then the fucking boss is amazing. It isnt her hardest, but it's one of the best ever.
>>
>>387889496
I also hate poison swamps, but love Farron Keep
>>
>>387888673
Oooh, I understand perfectly what you mean anon, the throwbacks and lack of new stuff. I'll give you my opinion (if you care), how I felt when i played DaS3.

It's just obvious that Miyazaki knew that no matter what he did, memeloving fucks would be dissapointed (people wanted DaS2 to be different from DaS, and complained that it's too different. Then they wanted DaS3 to be a copy paste from DaS, and they complain because it's too similar). So knowing that there's nothing he can do, he said fuck it, literally copy pasted levels/npc/bosses/lore/vibe/feeling/aesthetics from previous games, and since he didn't have to bother creating new stuff, he just upgraded the old stuff and made it cooler, he had all the time.

From has ALWAYS been recycling their own games or copy pasting mangas/animes/movies/real life locations/real life legends, not a single one of their games is "original", "creative", and so what? Bloodborne is the least original, and yet it's by far the best, and one of the greatest games ever made. It's not about the originality, it's about the result. I'd rather have the most cliche fantasy movie ever with "an ancient evil awakens", but a good direction, than the greatest originality ever, but poorly put together.

It's true that all of DaS3 is copy pasted from previous games. But in the end, what I like about this series is the bosses, the dialogue writing, the NPC, the level design, the tightness and accuracy of the gameplay, the flashy movesets, and BB and DaS3 just nailed those aspects.

DaS3 is just pure fanservice with a japanese touch (they don't give a fuck as long as it looks cool), and my god DaS3 and Bloodborne look cooler than all previous games. Just like Artorias is Guts, and Gael is Artorias, and Manus, and has a repeating crossbow like Guts, and can airflip like abyss watchers AND can airflip WHILE shooting his crossbow at mere minutes before the fire fades and the sun dies. We've seen it already, but this is just better.
>>
>>387889135
Who the fuck said anything about exploiting enemy AI? Who the fuck said anything about AI? Where did you see any mention of "positioning to get through the game"? WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ANON.

I simply took a screenshot from a game I love and already finished. And said screenshot shows a not so perfect decision From has made. End of the story, why are you overthinking this so hard? I killed the butcher and kept on playing, never said anything about having troubles killing her or dying.
>>
>>387886802
>Why can't DaStards admit their favorite game is extremely flawed and incoherent?
Because they are literally cultists worshipping the microdick of a washed up nipnog hack.
>>
>>387888321
>made easy areas harder
>made hard areas easy as fuck
Meh. If you include the DLC from 2, I don't really see how people praise sotfs that much and shit on ds2 as if they were polar opposites. I like both equally
>>
>>387889496
Crucifixion woods is garbage.
Farron Keep is just a slightly winding path in a swamp with no Iron chain so you're spending too much time wading through shit. Don't even mention abusing the Dagger WA. The Ghru enemies are also terrible.

Abyss Watchers is a fuckup.
>Hearing the clash of weapons
What about seeing the complete absence of Abyss Watchers in the room for a solid 3 seconds?
>The Darkwraiths
Yeah I like their super broken AI too. Amazing that you have to trail behind them at just the right distance or they just stop moving entirely or half-aggro on you instead even if you're far away from them. The draw distance is just right so that enemies in the encounter can pop in and out view as the game decides to start rendering them. It's so immersive when their journey ends and they just freeze in place for the rest of eternity and don't do jack shit.
>One of the few moments where enemies fight eachother
As mentioned before, it'd be great if they could do that right.
>Boss is amazing
Boss staggers when you sneeze at him and it's only ever 3 enemies at a time.

>>387889597
>Complain because it's too different
But that's not why they complained you idiot.
>Upgraded the old stuff
But nothing that was good about the old stuff is there. This is all just straight downgrades.
>>
>>387887879
its probably due to the fact that they hide loading the parish until you get to the ramparts, and just didnt throw him there in the burg version, i dont believe you can see npcs in areas that havent loaded properly. but you are right there are a lot of npcs that can be seen in areas but further away.
>>
>>387889008
>everyone who isn't cynical ironic memelord has "reddit mannerisms"
Not him, but you're retarded.
>>
>>387890142
I wasn't talking about the actual difficulty of the area you fuck. It isn't a hard boss I fucking said so, but the atmosphere of the part of the level leading up is great. If you are gonna fucking complain about the "soul" of the game, but then refute comments on the atmosphere and aesthetic design of the area and boss by complaning about gameplay issues, you have proved nothing. I didn't mention the game play, I just talked about the atmosphere and shit, but you had to strawman my argument
>>
>>387886802
Nostalgia
>>
So I just ding donged this bell on the church roof and now i don't know where to go?
>>
>>387890052
>I don't really see how people praise sotfs that much and shit on ds2 as if they were polar opposites.
It's not just about that. There are TONS of changes, I don't know 80% of them, but there are countless little changes that I felt while replaying the game. Things like
-Enemy placement in general and little things like Heide Tower of Flame being filled with Heide Knights now (no but seriously, there are changes in enemies in every single area of the game)
-Some enemies are replaced by others
-A lot of changes to item descriptions, not just amount of text, but relevance to the lore
-The whole Aldia thing (kino dialogue writing if you ask me)
-A shitton of items are in different places or are accessible by different ways, but some like a key in Undead Bastille I think will be placed in a more coherent way that changes a lot in the routes you take and the linearity
-Finally added something when you light all the torches
-Pretty sure there's a difference in some shortcuts
-Some graphics stuff (>tfw we'll never get pre downgrade DaS2 graphics)

I once found a google doc that shows every change in every fucking area, can find it again if you want. My point was just that when I played sotfs, I noticed a shitton of different things without searching for the specific changes, I liked DaS2, but I really loved sotfs, even tho I stopped playing after Chariot. We all know Tanimura had like 4 months to fix all the bullshit of the previous director, and we all know the DLC are fantastic because he was in charge from the start (that's why bosses are so good and level design is on par with the best areas of DaS, and that's why he's Miyazaki's right hand). Sotfs just feels like DaS2 but with more dev time and more Tanimura, it's still downgraded and not 1/10 of what I should have been (with some abysmal geometry and texturing), but you notice the changes were made by someone who knows what he's doing. Now I feel like reaching Anor Londo in DaS and rerolling in sotfs.
>>
>>387890373
>if I fill my posts with jokes and buzzwords people won't notice that my opinions are shit
>>
File: 1496281093511.jpg (43KB, 641x491px) Image search: [Google]
1496281093511.jpg
43KB, 641x491px
>you see this city ?
>well you can't go in any house
>you see this forest ?
>it's actually three trees with the same enemy all over it lmao
>you see this castle ?
>it's actually a corridor
>you this totally ebin final level
>you can only walk straight lmao
>>
>>387889496
>Farron Keep
What the fuck anon? It's literally the worst area in the game.
>>
File: 1451399091812.jpg (19KB, 334x393px) Image search: [Google]
1451399091812.jpg
19KB, 334x393px
>yo dude there's this sunken forbidden city it's so mysterious and shit
>it's literally two stairs and a building with nothing but ghosts and skeletors
>wow the abyss are super mysterious dimension where evil was banished one shudders at imagining what horror lies there
>it's literally a black screen
>the city of demons used to be inhabited with humans but they all mutated into hell spawns
>it's just one big lava pool with recycled bosses as mobs and le ebin puzzle bed of cuck lmao
>>
>>387886802
>This autist is still going
Did someone shit on your favorite game you shitty Brit?
>>
>>387891249
>it's actually three trees with the same enemy all over it lmao
?
>>
>>387890659
Only thing I talked about was the atmosphere and how shoddy implementation ruins it.
I mention the boss lacking poise once and that's the only part you criticize.

The level prior to opening the gate is a slog and has no atmosphere contribution leading into the fight and once you get through that the area trips over itself while attempting to provide it.
If the Darkwraiths had made efforts to open the door and get to the Abyss Watchers and had gotten torn to mince meat or whatever and had AI that wasn't so incredibly fickle that not maintaining the right distance is enough to fuck them up it would have had great atmosphere.
The Abyss Watchers also seem to not have any real direction in regards to whom they target aside from there being one neutral Abyss Watcher in the pair that spawn. There being only 3 at a time doesn't really give the strong impression that this is a legion of fuckers.
>>
>>387890872
The cresftallen warrior in Firelink shrine tells you the first bell is on the church roof, the second one is deep down in blighttown.

Most standard path for you, without spoiling much, would be:
Go through the locked wooden door before the dragon bridge, next to Solaire (the key is somewhere in the church where you killed the gargoyles)
Do something there that will give the key to the next area and unlock a shortcut that still blows my mind
Go into the next area, and at the end you'll do something that give you the key to blighttown
Then at the end of blighttown, you ring the second bell, unlock a shortcut the firelink shrine, and have access to the second half of the game

But there are other ways inside blighttown. This one is the default one, the others require you to have a certain knowledge of the game.
>>
File: 1490966117425.jpg (27KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1490966117425.jpg
27KB, 400x300px
>aaah the radiant city of Anor Londo, only the finest warriors who have proven to be worthy of stepping on its marble floor through Sen's Fortress' ordeals are allowed in. Beings of the utmost importance live there, walled from the devastation of the curse
>it's just streets you can only watch from above
>>
>>387891352
lol
>>387891421
Well yes. It's not an open world sandbox.
>>
>>387891114
>if I talk like normal human being I'm not 1337 enough to be in 4chan secret club, therefor I'm reddit
>>
>>387886802
WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT THING WITH THE GLOWING EYES IN THE BACKGROUND? WHAT ENEMY IS THAT!?!?!?!
>>
>>387889496
>Farron Keep
you really like big open areas that are filled with slowing poison swamp, rubble and annoying enemies that you can't find anything in?
>>
>playing as a female character when you're a male
Why do men always do this? It's weird and creepy.
>>
>>387891724
tits or gtfo etc.
>>387891627
Butcher lady no. 2.
>>
>>387891519
>trying too hard to be funny is normal human behavior instead of reddit
>>
>>387891627
One of the two Butchers in the depths. Drops down behind you in an ambush attack, turns out to be a complete pushover
>>
>>387891813
He didn't try too hard to be funny though.
>>
>>387891627
The second butcher. The first one is chopping meat on a table, this one stays up there and jumps down to surprise you when you walk 4 steps.
Both are muscular and both are women.
>>
>>387891352
You need take the budget into consideration.

The second and third game - that's when questions begin to pop up.
>>
>>387892016
DSII got fucked by Bamco.
>>
>>387892185
Bumco can fuck up shit for good, yeah.
>>
>>387891352
>>wow the abyss are super mysterious dimension where evil was banished one shudders at imagining what horror lies there
>>it's literally a black screen
Honestly you're a pleb for not seeing the brilliance in this design.
>>
File: IMG_0939.jpg (191KB, 968x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0939.jpg
191KB, 968x1024px
>>387886802
How many of these did you check off OP?
>>
File: chortling garden gnome.jpg (9KB, 191x264px) Image search: [Google]
chortling garden gnome.jpg
9KB, 191x264px
>people arguing with each other over the internet
>if an argument is made, no logic will be used in its making
>if an argument is made with logic, no logic will be used in the replies to it
>no one will change the opinion they had when they came into this thread
>>
DRAGON

ASSES
>>
>>387892507
of course not. Many people new to the internet and those that have forgotten don't know the rule to internet arguments. If they get mad, you win. If you get mad, you lose
>>
>>387892615
If you had problems with dragon asses then you honestly need to git gud
>>
>>387886802
To be fair OP is correct
>>
>>387892303
They sure fucked up DaS1. I can't remember when I last played a post-2010 game with so many bugs and such stupid AI.
>>
>>387886802
It's okay to ambush player with an enemy few times in a game.
It becomes a problem in DaS2, where there are multiple ambushes with mutliple enemies that trigger all at once and swarm you.
>>
File: 1497149019482.webm (2MB, 960x600px) Image search: [Google]
1497149019482.webm
2MB, 960x600px
>>387886802
souls fags are an autistic bunch
>>
>>387886802
Is that from the first Dark Souls? I've completed the game like five or six times but I don't remember ever seeing an enemy in a place like that. Where is that?
>>
>>387893410
Depths, second butcher.
>>
>>387892926
Is this DSP playing? How the fuck do you even achieve that? Are these the kinds of people who criticize Dark Souls? I don't even.
>>
>>387892507
>if I dont like it its not logical
>>
Dark Souls is the best game ever and if you don't like it you're not a real gamer!
>>
>>387889496
>Farron Keep
>good

I fucking hate those goddamn retarded poisonous swamp levels. Their presence in basically every game is one the reasons I believe From has actually no idea what they're doing.
>>
>>387893798
>good level design
>good concept for a level
>you have to use special gear if you want to complete the levels more easily, also it's the only time you will ever need to use an antidote item
>but I don't like the level, this means it's a bad level and FromSoft are group of hacks, I'd rather play skyrim with sexy furry mods : ^ )
>>
>>387886802
I don't see the problem with the placement of this Butcher, there's an item on the opposite walkway that when you go to get it will let you see that Butcher.
>>
>>387891352
>abyss is pitch black
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
>>
>>387886802
that is a truly great flaw you discovered!

I completely reevaluated my past experiences and aligned my opinion with yours, thanks for opening my eyes
>>
>>387893550
the game physics are fucked by a mod called DaSfix that people praise as the second coming of christ despite how it breaks the game

with DaSfix on there's a good half dozen bits of terrain that wing you off in one direction, usually into a pitfall
>>
>>387889275
All of DSP's playthroughs of the Souls games have people telling him the game is perfectly fair and flawless and that all of his deaths are his fault (not that they aren't, but people like that truly exist)
>>
>>387893904
From Software are very hit and miss. Crystal Cave in Dark Souls for example is fucking garbage level design
>>
>>387886802
>group of human eating lesbians caught a chill piromancer, set him as a trap to lure other people
>one of the lesbian waits for her prey while hiding
>player character leaves the room with piromancer and she suddenly attacks
>somehow OP can't even think of such scenario
>because he played Witcher 3 too much and needs to game to explain everything
Woah
>>
>>387894182
Crystal Cave? Really? You can just run past all of the enemies and there is always a message on the invisible path

Sen's Fortress can suck my cock, though. It's fun for your first playthrough but gets really fucking annoying and slow when you know where all the traps are and have to pray that the lizard dudes don't knock you off those very thin walkways when you're at the very top of the building
>>
>>387893904
>good level design

Fucking how. How is it a good idea to slow you down to a crawl in a game where you already feel like you're driving an 18-wheeler ? And you think the poison is the problem here ? Everyone just chugs estus / grass like there's no tomorrow. Not to mention the ugliness of said areas, you find appeal in the green-grey wasteland that is Farron Keep ?
>>
>>387891963
Hi , I followed your fucking argument here and now I would like to say one thing.

I dont read much of anyones post, I skim until I find an opinion that works for me.
>>
>>387894418
So you weren't pretending to be retarded?
>>
>>387886802
I...don't remember that enemy
>>
File: 1497481592665.png (179KB, 463x492px) Image search: [Google]
1497481592665.png
179KB, 463x492px
>>387891249
>>it's actually three trees with the same enemy all over it lmao
>the hunters
>ent
>giant knights
>tree-lizards
>frogs
>mushrooms
>crystal golems
>the hydra
>>
>>387894413
It adds tention. It makes you feel like you're in danger, but you're not, unless you aggroed some darkwraith or a fucking ghruu monstrocity.
Also, at firet you don't even have to walk the swamp, there are a lot of islands where you can walk normally. Gid gud.
>>
>>387894567
nevermind, it's the butcher
>>
>>387894567
I think there are two butchers in the Depths but the second one can glitch out and never show up (at least that's what's happened to me on multiple playthroughs)

I always skip the Depths and upper Blighttown anyway, so I could be wrong
>>
>>387891249
which game are you shitting on right now because that applies to all of them
>>
>>387894649
> Git gud.

Come on nigga, this is not about difficulty. Those areas are just tedious as shit.
>>
>>387895028
I can speedrun these areas if I want. You can learn to do it too, if you don't like playing them.
>>
>>387894173
what is dsp?
>>
>>387890994
There's also improved item balance and completely new enemies such as those guys in red knight armour, the dragon before not-ornstein, those plague doctor-ish assassins at the no man's wharf (which also includes a new shortcut) and specifically the new DLC areas are fantastic, very similar to the best areas of DaS3
>>
>>387895028
>Dark Souls 1 - get the ring to walk on swamp like on ground
>Dark Souls 2- there are no areas where your movement becames so slowly even in Amana, so it's not a problem at all
>Dark Souls 3 - get any dagger with dodge ability and just dodge this shit, lmao

Git gud
>>
>>387895079
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuCLGRN6GFQ
>>
>>387895079
delicious supper pretzel
>>
>>387895079
A streamer that died a lot in the Souls games, sometimes comically inept deaths. For reference he died I think it was 3 times to the group of Hollows outside Firelink.
>>
>>387895217
I've died to the Torch Hollows in Undead Asylum more times than I'd like to admit, they're such bastards
>>
File: 1503406084613.jpg (279KB, 968x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1503406084613.jpg
279KB, 968x1024px
>>387892349
I don't think we even got a bingo this time, although I may have missed some
>>
>>387894169
You still have to be really retarded to fall off the walkway like that.
>>
>>387895401
>dogs not the worst enemy
You fucking what
>>
>>387895539
the worst enemies were the wolfmen that jumped on you in the swamp
>>
There is not a single problem in Dark Souls that can't be fixed by getting better at the game. You can't prove me wrong. You'll try, and I'll wait, but you won't be able to.
>>
>>387895078
>>387895187
>just git gud and speed run through it you fucking casual

What then is even the point of having those areas in the game if we're just going to basically ignore them ?
>>
>>387895627
Camera going bonkers
Shit FPS
>>
>>387895627
Ceaseless Discharge's attacks and hitboxes being completely fucked up

Bed of Chaos being an absolute bitch that can knock you into pits you'd have no idea were there on your first playthrough that appear when you walk over them

The horrific camera when you're fighting an enemy that's more than two feet taller than you
>>
>>387895757
>Camera going bonkers
Disable the camera correction option.
>Shit FPS
Don't play on garbage platforms.
>>
>>387895757
Both of those are consistent and can be anticipated. What can be anticipated can be worked around. If you're a coward who can't deal with a framerate drop in a fight then just roll away and delay.
>>387895837
>Ceaseless Discharge's attacks and hitboxes being completely fucked up
I refuse to believe anyone not trolling would have problems with Ceaseless Discharge. I just refuse.
>Bed of Chaos being an absolute bitch
It dies in literally 3 hits. That's all you have to do. Hit it once, hit it again, and once more. It can't even fight back for the third time. Jesus.
>The horrific camera
Don't lock on. It's a crutch for shieldbabbies like you.
>>
>>387886802
>>Why can't DaStards admit their favorite game is extremely flawed and incoherent?

because they've made their identity about how much they love these tedious, flawed titles. they're big enough no-lifers to have spend hours trudging through the sloppy combat and beat the games over and over again. they can't admit to themselves they've wasted so much time so instead they go for the white knight approach.
>>
>>387895957

I think I've spotted the guy who got absolutely wrecked by the Asylum Demon and ragequit the game.

It's you.
>>
>>387895401
you did get a bingo
>>
>>387895935
Have you fought Ceaseless Discharge without cheesing him? His attacks are completely broken

Bed of Chaos dying in three hits has nothing to do with how bad the knockback on his attacks are and how big the bottomless pits in the arena are. It's so fucking dumb.

I've never fought Centipede Demon while locked-on and the camera is still completely fucked up in that fight no matter where in the area you are. Stop acting like the game is flawless, it really isn't.
>>
>>387895854
>Disable the camera correction option.
This is it, my men. Disable it and everything will be allright, no more deaths in Anor Londo
>>387895957
>baaaah, why do they love these flawed title? Oh, I know, they're nolife permavirgins, that why! Unlike me, a good person, who loves good video games, such as danganronpa, witcher, skyrim and mass effect! Also zelda! Wahoo!

This is literally you.
>>
>>387895957
>no-lifers
The mark of the shitter. Everyone better than him has no life, even though these games aren't even that hard. Sad!
>>
>>387894332
>hating sen's fortress
>liking shit like crystal cave

pleb
>>
>>387896356
I don't like Crystal Cave and I don't hate Sen's Fortress, the interior is just an annoyance when you've already played it before and know what's coming
>>
>>387896356
It's like different people like different things! Better call other people plebs who don't agree with me
>>
>>387896221
>autistic souls cuck projecting

Kill yourself.
>>
>>387894332
>and have to pray that the lizard dudes don't knock you off those very thin walkways when you're at the very top of the building
What the hell are you talking about? They can't hit you if you just run straight.
>>
>>387896464
Liking garbage like Crystal Cave makes you a pleb though.
>>
>>387896474
It's a rare occurance, but I've had one of them knock me back into one of the axes multiple times
>>
>>387896194
>His attacks are completely broken
Learn them, anticipate them, dodge them. Goes for every other boss in the game. I hate to use the tired old meme, but git fucking good, dude.
>Bed of Chaos dying in three hits has nothing to do
It has EVERYTHING to do with it. It's just three hits. That's all you need to do. I don't care how hard you think Bed of Chaos is, or if it's "literally impossible". You just need to hit it thrice. Twice, if we discount the last, free hit. Two times. Two. Fucking hell, man.
>the camera is still completely fucked up in that fight
Why didn't you, oh I don't know, DISABLE THE ONE CAMERA OPTION THAT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED TO SOMETIMES CAUSE THE CAMERA TO GLITCH OUT FOR LIKE 6 FUCKING YEARS NOW?

Am I getting baited? Because I'm seriously convinced I'm getting baited here.
>>
>>387896603
No, he's right. Ceaseless Discharge is shockwaves the boss.
>>
>>387896221
>danganronpa, witcher, skyrim and mass effect
>good games
You're a retard.
>>
File: witcher3gotyimage1.jpg (331KB, 1586x1048px) Image search: [Google]
witcher3gotyimage1.jpg
331KB, 1586x1048px
>>387896221
Still butthurt I see.
>>
>>387896603
>It's just three hits.
Yeah, but there's a ton of bullshit in the way of you getting those three hits off. You're a complete fucking moron.

>DISABLE THE ONE CAMERA OPTION
How the fuck was I supposed to know how to do that? A LOT of people complain about the cameras in these games, so that option isn't exactly common knowledge.

What does that have to do with getting better at the game, by the way? I have to stop playing the game normally and select an option because the game is poorly programmed? How is that my bad?
>>
>>387895854
I just want a consistently behaving camera. Just give me transparent walls From, it's not too much to ask for is it ? Also will you please cut the "I wish the floor hurt more" bullshit, we're all adults here.

As for
>Don't play on garbage platforms.
Where is that fabled PC version of Demon's Souls and Bloodborne ? And I'm not even mentioning the horrendous trainwreck that is DaS on PC without DSFix.
>>
>>387896686
1) Roll
2) the fuck
3) Away
4) You
5) ???
6) Retard!
>>387896729
>You're a complete fucking moron.
And you're the one who can't hit a giant fucking boss with very obvious, glowing weak points measly two times. What does that make you?
>How the fuck was I supposed to know how to do that?
Are you kidding me? Was Dark Souls your first game? Do you seriously not know how to adjust options in a game? No, wait, I'm biting the bait again, aren't I? Fuck.
>>
>>387896852
>And you're the one who can't hit a giant fucking boss with very obvious, glowing weak points measly two times. What does that make you?
What are you even talking about? The problem isn't getting the attack off, it's getting to the place where I can attack him. Why are you acting like I don't know how to beat the boss? Are you stupid? Stop ignoring my argument.

>Do you seriously not know how to adjust options in a game?
Why the fuck would I assume that an option to not make the camera fucked up would even exist? Why wouldn't they just make that the default option? Are you fucking stupid?
>>
>>387896749
>I just want a consistently behaving camera.
That's exactly what disabling that option does, you passive aggressive cunt.

>And I'm not even mentioning the horrendous trainwreck that is DaS on PC without DSFix.
It's exactly the same game as it was on consoles, except you get to bruteforce the pathfinding induced framedrops at Blighttown.

>>387896852
>just memorize the broken hitboxes lmao
I'm gonna shit on Ceaseless Discharge as much as I shit on 2 as a whole and you won't meme your way out of this one.
>>
>>387886802
Why cant you just not give a fuck?
>>
>>387896686
Yeah but it doesn't count if you just git gud!!
>>
File: 1209414116018.jpg (32KB, 315x480px) Image search: [Google]
1209414116018.jpg
32KB, 315x480px
>>387896974
>Why the fuck would I assume that an option to not make the camera fucked up would even exist?
That's what in-game options are for you daft fucking twat! To adjust things to your liking! Dark Souls seriously WAS your first game, wasn't it. Good fucking god, is this what /v/ has become?
>>
File: shitnice.png (197KB, 267x339px) Image search: [Google]
shitnice.png
197KB, 267x339px
>>387896719
>F4 is second
Opinion Discarted
>>
>>387897027
>That's exactly what disabling that option does, you passive aggressive cunt.

And it's stil not enough, see the second part of my comment. Once again to make this clear: five games in and the camera is still as fucking broken as it was in DeS.

>It's exactly the same game as it was on consoles

Kinda my point.
>>
>>387897314
Why IS that an option, though? If it helps that much, it should be the default option and the default option should be something that weird people use.

Is Dark Souls YOUR first game? Because I've played so many games with shitty cameras that don't have the luxury of a camera correction option like DaS, and as a result am used to not having that option.

Why would I look for it if I've never seen it before or since playing DaS?
>>
>>387897571
I've never seen anyone complain about the auto-correction free camera until now and I've been in these discussions since launch. Never had problems with it either. It's very predictable and reliable. Are you trying to control the camera at all times or something?
>>
>>387888234
because most of the ranking retards never played bloodborne so you gotta mention it specially
>>
>>387895401
There were progressively larger skeletons though, I feel like the skeleball was the magnum opus. Also had a dragon surprise as a whole boss you dummy. Also also both the mage dude and black witch NPCs insult you.

>no Berserk references
It's Dark Souls son, try again.

There was a distinct lack of tragic NPC deaths though and it was nice that bosses weren't reused.
>>
>>387897653
Holy shit how fucking bad do you have to be
the game IS NOT EVEN THAT HARD dude
>>
>>387891368
>Darkroot
>>
>>387897937
Did I say it was? The fuck are you on about
>>
>>387895627
>Getting invaded by twinks in giants and a crystal zweihander at sl1
>dogshit netcode
>post-Londo game being clearly rushed
>>
>>387898040
Allow me to spell it out for you
G I T G U D
>>
>>387897934
>There was a distinct lack of tragic NPC deaths though
I teared up when that ball dude who gave you free level ups died
>>
>>387897934
I don't know, man. Getting a key shoved in your face sounds pretty metal to me.
>>
>>387898082
I've beaten 1 multiple times
>>
>>387898137
Oh yeah I forget about that, would fulfill the "NPC you help but then dies horribly" square. My god whoever filled that one out must be one daft mongoloid to miss all this shit.
>>
>>387898061
>t. casual shitter
>>
It's far from perfect and even then it's the best game ever made.
>>
>>387898297
t. even more casual shitter who thinks the aforementioned makes souls a challenge instead of simply being flawed

souls games aren't even hard ffs
>>
>>387898417
Getting invaded by twinks at SL1 isn't really a flaw, just an oversight

All you have to do is not reverse hollow and you won't even have that issue
>>
>>387898503
sure, not like you have any reason to not be hollow in the entire game desu, i'll discount that one. How do you explain the netcode being absolute garbage, or the fact that every single post-Londo level is clearly rushed garbage with either rehashed enemies or enemies that are clearly lacking some level of mechanic that their design gives off? The entirety of Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith being garbage, as an example? Or the archives (an incredibly shitty attempt at recreating Latria's wonderful design) being staffed entirely by buffed sl1 hollows?
>>
>>387898651
I'm not the person you were originally talking to. There not being any reason to reverse hollow aside from kindling is another flaw of the game, using humanities and embers in other games was actually useful
>>
>>387886802
don't snub souls, it's the perfect redflag for "gamers"
>>
>>387897934
>bosses weren't reused
You've got Crystal Sage appearing in the Archives and Anor Londo is populated by the same enemies you fight in the Deacons fight.
Not quite the same as Capra Demon though.
>>
>>387898998
also gundir
>>
>>387898998
>You've got Crystal Sage appearing in the Archives
Fug, you're right. The Deacons really aren't a boss though, if I wanted to be technical I'd say the red glowy thing is the boss just using regular enemies as hosts, but really that whole fight is just a gimmick.
>>
>>387898651
>every single post-Londo level is clearly rushed garbage

Thats one of the saddest thing about DaS1. Every time I kill O&S I immediately start thinking to myself "fuck, now I have to go through all these bullshit".
>>
>>387897934
>bosses weren't reused

Gundyr was reused twice, Deacons were a common enemy, Crystal Sages and Dragonslayer Armor both became minibosses
>>
>>387899238
The actual bossfights themselves (aside from Bed of Chaos) aren't even that bad, but the areas leading up to them are either terrible or annoying.
>>
>>387898651
At least ds1 doesn't have 3x phantom range on every single fucking weapon
>>
>>387899185
Taurus Demon also pops up twice but not really as a discrete boss with an arena.
>>
File: IMG_1039.gif (2MB, 250x245px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1039.gif
2MB, 250x245px
>there are "people" that don't like archives, catacombs, and the kiln
>>
>>387899498
I only like the Catacombs because of how goofy the skeletons are
>>
>>387899431
Ha you wish, it always had it. Don't you remember spearflippers or estoc havelturtles who could stand on the other side of the map and still reach you? How about the almighty washing pole? Or even worse, moveswappers? Imagine if Das3 had washing pole moveswapped with something like ledo's ffs
>>
>>387887879
I figure he was hiding in the tower while the Taurus Demon is up there as the reason why you can't see him before then, once you defeat it and walk in, he's just walked out to the balcony.

Doesn't he move to the other side of the bridge after you leave? It's been a while since I played.
>>
>>387899486
That's not a DaS3 boss though.
>>
>>387899498
catacombs shouldn't be counted as a post-londo area because that shit is excellent when done early on and totg is also goofy enough to pass, but archives? Damn man, if you played Demon's Souls you realize that Archives are a really shitty attempt at recreating Latria with absolutely nothing that made Latria good.
>>
>>387899498
I don't mind the archives and I like the catacombs but come on man, the kiln is complete shit
>>
>>387886802
Its a ambush, better then just spawning something there after you walk by, or having a locked door right next to it for it to pop out. You are clearly min maxing to the max and this should be nothing new you autistic fuck.
>>
>>387899584
even if that were true you couldn't roll spam for god mode and just avoid any confrontation with another player indefinitely like you can in the sequels which is the real problem
>>
>>387892926
>woooooooooooooow how was i supposed to know that gap in the bridge would make me fall and die
>>
>>387899498
>>387899565
>>387899672
>catacombs

Come back here you skeleton-raising asshole

>>387899392
You can see there were some ideas in the levels themselves, but yeah, all their gimmicks quickly become shitty. Also why does it take an hour to get to the bosses holy shit get out of my face you fucks

The kiln is just a farming area.
>>
>>387899786
>The kiln is complete shit
It's a neat area. It's the final area and has good atmosphere
>>387899672
It's not as good as latria, but it is decent
>>
>>387899672
Tomb of the Giants is unforgivable in that if you proceed there in the earlygame, return an be one of the hardest things in the entire franchise, and only for stupid reasons. If there was some form of warp back to Firelink Shrine when you hit the literal progression wall, it would be undeniably fantastic. However there isn't. There is literally only one way back, and it's a nightmare to traverse. Especially if you got cautious and decided to use the bonfire down there. Of course in subsequent playthroughs it's not that bad, but in run 1, it's beyond poorly thought out.
>>
>>387900309
Yeah, there should probably be a progression-based key or a warp back to firelink shrine after Pinwheel.
>>
>>387900309
It's difficulty is the fun part especially early on and there's pretty good gear there as incentive. I don't say this often but maybe you need to git gud
>>
>>387900535
Going down is totally fine. Going up is absolute bullshit.

>Only one single ladder in the dark
>Archers and skele-ogres everywhere
>Most of the map looks similar
>Falls literally in every necessary point in the map, and any skeleton can knock you off
>Skellies will just roll you off into deathfalls just because they can
>All of this before you even reach Pinwheel's area
>Then you need to backtrack the entire Catacombs to the beginning before your first bonfire

Unless you literally carried 10 torches and have mapped the entire area out by heart, it's pointlessly punishing. I've done earlygame expeditions there on like, my 11th run and on and it's a breeze now that I know exactly where everything is, but I can see many, many new players struggling through the Catacombs and defeating Pinwheel before thinking they can go further down that direction and only finding themselves trapped in this bullshit tomb with no proper escape.
>>
>>387899498
Dear god archives is fucking terrible.
>One (1) new enemy type unless you count the clams everyone runs past.
>Main building is literally half a room, copied and pasted several times.
>The loot is "hidden" in plain sight at the end of hallways. The avelyn is the only one fun to collect.
>backtracking all the way back to the prison to free Big Hat Logan.
>The entire outdoors area filled with fucking nothing.
>The crystal caves.
>>
>>387900268
>Also why does it take an hour to get to the bosses holy shit get out of my face you fucks
this is why i actually find lost izalith least offensive out of the post-londo areas, it's a very short and safe run to the boss, even if you don't open the shortcut. i guess it'd be shitty if you missed both the shortcut and the second bonfire, but your lack of thoroughness isn't the game's fault.
>>
>>387887879
Could be worse like all those gargoyles that aren't visible from the bottom of the church.
>>
>>387901489
Nah, I always open the shortcut because fuck lava and bootyslamming dragon asses. So it's indeed the shortest/easiest one I guess. But this way you're basically skipping the entire area so we're back to the initial problem, that is, the fact that the post Anor Londo levels are pretty bad.
>>
>>387901026
>Unless you literally carried 10 torches

Torches ? In *my* DaS1 ?
>>
>>387899623
I don't remember what the Taurus Demon reference in DaS3 is called.
The one you fight with Siegmeyer.
>>
File: 1460469256281.jpg (5KB, 199x249px) Image search: [Google]
1460469256281.jpg
5KB, 199x249px
>>387886802
Why take the second butcher as example? There are surely many better enemys to showcase.
Also, the community went to shit after Dark Souls Prepare To Die edition launched. It got popular and many people getting in the series at that time went a bit overboard with the memes.
Every new title made it worse, with Bloodbonre being the peak.
I loved to talk about the games and the experiences people had, but those days are long gone.
>>
>>387903367
>There are surely many better enemys to showcase.

Like that slime right afterwards.
>>
>>387903887
I would give that slime a pass. You're lured to the item and the slime is meant to teach you to pay attention and proceed with caution. The corridor right afterwards went a bit overboard though.
>>
>>387904151
If there was something like odd slime dripping down from the ceiling as a hint that something is wrong or maybe if that corridor came first it'd be passable but as it is it's nothing more than a "fuck you"-moment.
>>
>>387904473
>Falling for shiny item out in the open
>>
>>387904623
worked the other 432 times before
>>
>>387904473
But it doesn't do that much damage, so it's acceptable, but dripping slime as a warning would've worked better, you're right.
Thread posts: 197
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.