[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Final Fantasy 9 is the best FF ever made.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 11

File: letöltés.jpg (12KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
letöltés.jpg
12KB, 276x183px
>Funny, unique chill start to let you get into the game
>Nailed atmosphere in every zone, when in the city you feel like you are part of the big city, when in the forest after your zeppelin was shot down you really feel isolated and full of enemies
>Unique bosses, have to kill the summoner first before the dragon etc.
>Unique character styles, good character development, heroes with personality
>Trance, it's like going Super Saiyan in Dragon Ball
>Difficulty, sometimes you either get good, or keep farming XP
>Fun mini games, find the chocobo, clear the city in time
>Easily one of the best OST a game had.

I wish someone would still make games like this.
>>
IX is my favorite as well. It has so much charm to it.
>>
File: ff9 - comfy the game.jpg (1MB, 1982x1288px) Image search: [Google]
ff9 - comfy the game.jpg
1MB, 1982x1288px
It certainly is the best game in the series. It perfectly encapsulates the history and high points of the series.
>>
Usually all my runs I end up lv 99 at the end of disc 2, this time I won't be going over lv40, I wonder if I'll be able to beat it.
>>
It's so fucking slow. Battles take forever so the gane sucks.
>>
>>387886795
How does one level up to 99 by the end of disc 2
>>
>>387889091
Autism
>>
>>387885528
>Story is kinda fun on the first disk.
>By disk two it goes completely to utter fucking shit.
>Characters you recruit later are all fucking horrid.
>Gameplay is awful throughout.
Yeah, no. There's a lot to love about FFIX, but it's far from the best FF (you could say that's FFV), let alone the best game ever.
>>
>>387889012
So every Final Fantasy game .
>>
>>387889012
Loading time IX PC - 13 seconds
VIII PC - 11 seconds

Wow
>>
>>387889190
>calls IX's story and combat shit
>praises FFV
I'm torn. On one hand you can't possibly go through life with so much shit taste in your mouth, but on the other hand FFV actually is the best FF so you're really confusing me.
>>
>>387885528
The intro sequence, by which I mean start of the game to world map, is dramatically worse than 7. It's a bunch of fights against Steiner, again and again and again. There's no strategy at all.
Compared to 7 where you have some memorable bosses even that early - the scorpion thing, the air buster thing, multiple bombing runs, don corneo, Aeris, pizza falling, the elevator boss rush sequence and breaking into Shinra as a whole, the climax of the intro at the top of the tower followed by the escape sequence and then you finally get to the world map.

Like holy shit you can't even compare them really.
Anyway after that 9 is okay-ish for a while. Disc 1 is fine and the switches between perspective from Zidane and Garnet make it interesting, you get to see some interesting characters and places. It builds up to the point where the team reunites in Alexandria castle before leaving for the northern continent and then the game starts to slow down.
Then after disc 2 the game REALLY slows down.
You visit a bunch of barren wastelands and chase Kuja through some really boring places and the plot dries up to a trickle while you just chase this ladyboy.

I liked 9 at the time and I think it's probably the reason I got into JRPGs but looking at it now it really doesn't hold up. I tried playing it recently and there are so many better games, even just within Final Fantasy.
>>
>>387889137
No i mean is there a hella cash exp farming method around there that im not aware of
>>
>>387885528
V, VI and VII are all better.
>>
>>387889559
Grand Dragons and Lv5 death
>>
>>387889320
IX's ATB system is slow as fuck compared to every other FF. Some spells take two days to finish. Looking at you Ark.
>>
>>387889474
So you agree that FFV is the best game in the series... but you like neither story nor gameplay in it? Are you literally retarded or something? What the fuck do YOU play FFV for? Turtle jokes?
>>
>>387889682
Most games have one of those summons/spells that last forever.
Who even uses Ark
>>
File: 57bdcea0d276f.jpg (154KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
57bdcea0d276f.jpg
154KB, 600x500px
>>387889559

Vivi trance trick.

Otherwise, you can wait until you obtain Excalibur 2 (provided you're fast enough) and use the equipment glitch to level even quicker.
>>
>>387889474
IX's combat is shit and the story is all over the place. It's setting is really fucking good and the characters (most of them) are written decently (subjective).
>>
>>387889616
>VII
Wait wait wait let me guess you either used to or still do listen exclusively to Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit, your favorite Gundam is Wing, your favorite DBZ saga was Cell, and you went through a phase in middleschool where you wore all black and never talked to anyone.
>>
>>387889531
>The intro sequence, by which I mean start of the game to world map, is dramatically worse than 7.

To be fair that's every game because FF7 spends exorbitant about of time in Midgard before finally settling you loose. I personally FF8 is by far the best in terms of early part/Disk 1.
>>
>>387889709
You really suck at reading.

>>387889765
>IX's combat is shit
Nope. It's just classic FF combat. Sorry that you probably started with retarded fucking VIII gameplay or something first but IX's combat is exactly what FF combat is supposed to be.
>>
>>387889632
Ah ok
>>
>>387889719
EVERYTHING in IX takes ages to happen. I hate going back to IX because the final boss turns into inputting commands for your 4 characters, going and making a tea, and coming back in 5 when you can put some more commands in.
>>
File: Lets-mosey.jpg (48KB, 512x361px) Image search: [Google]
Lets-mosey.jpg
48KB, 512x361px
>>387889774
I hate this meme.
All the edgy bullshit with 7 came after.
If you played the actual game you'd know that.

It's not fair to criticise the game for it's fans and spinoff movies.

Also Namek saga is my favorite.
>>
>>387889857
I skimmed your shitty greentext and didn't give it much thought. Now I've re-read it and see that I didn't miss anything of value. So, you like the slow-ass, easy as fuck gameplay and even the batshit retarded story in FFIX?
>>
>>387889857
>IX's combat is exactly what FF combat is supposed to be.

Slow and boring as fuck? No thanks. For the record X was my first FF but I finished IX first, VII second.
>>
>>387885528
Not the best - that' s 4/6, but Final Fantasy 9 was the last GOOD Final Fantasy.
>>
>>387889796
>FF7 spends exorbitant about of time in Midgard before finally settling you loose
It works though because it's constantly interesting with good fights and multiple plot threads.
You start off worrying about the MAKO and avalanche but then you meet Aeris and the turks and it ramps up gradually until the big payoff.
It might be one of my favorite sequences in JRPGs and it's an excellent opening to the game which is only just beginning afterwards.
>>
>>387889892
I was just shitposting but your answer is pretty reasonable.

VII is still one of the most overrated games ever made, though. Good, but overrated.

>>387889923
Underage detected.
>>
>>387889857

XIII is the ATB system perfected, regardless of what you think of the rest of the game(s)
>>
File: c881.jpg (1MB, 1191x1626px) Image search: [Google]
c881.jpg
1MB, 1191x1626px
>>387889709

I play it for the molesting of Faris.
>>
>all these ADD kids that hate FFIX
Man how did FF's fanbase get so shitty.
>>
>>387890025
Now this is bait. Paradigm shifting gets old 2 hours into the game. Manually queuing your abilities is horribly inefficient as well.
>>
>>387889774
The funny thing is that you're clearly even more desperate for attention and contrarianism than any of those stereotypical people you listed. How does it feel not being able to do anything but meme?
>>
>>387890085
I don't hate IX, but it is incredibly overrated and has flaws that tend to get glossed over on /v/. It's definitely not the best FF, but not the worst either.
>>
>>387890127
>>387889892 was reasonable but you're just triggered. Looks like I found the living stereotype.
>>
>>387890164
I don't think you know what overrated means. FFIX is not hugely popular at all. If anything makes it seem that way it's probably just the fanbase having to be extra vocal to not be drowned out by all the edgelords that grew up playing VII and VIII.
>>
I can't take Zidane seriously as a protagonist. He just looks too much like a faggot. The only other FF protagonist I have the same problem with is Vaan.

Even Tidus is more of a man than monkey faggot Zidane.
>>
File: al_bhed_shoe.png (325KB, 604x356px) Image search: [Google]
al_bhed_shoe.png
325KB, 604x356px
I hate how every FF thread is a troll thread.

Saddens a true FF fan like myself.
>>
>>387890254
Zidane is the best FF protagonist next to Balthier, your taste is horrid.
>>
>>387890308
>Spends the entire game telling Vivi it's okay not to be human, Vivi is Vivi no matter what
>Finds out he's not human
>Goes into an emo slump and needs to be saved by his friends
>>
>>387890395
Good thing that lasts for a total of 10 minutes
>>
>>387890254

Why not? You take yourself seriously.
>>
>>387885528
I prefer VII because it has it has Tifa.

And let's be honest, Zidane's plot twist of secretly being a secret weapon from outter space was pantsu on head retarded. Meanwhile, Cloud's twist of being a Shinra grunt is hands down the best one in JRPG. I mean, there are plot twists that are more exciting, like one in Baiten Kaitos, but in terms of development and character depth Cloud is #1.
>>
>>387885528
>best one
It's my favorite FF in my book but not the best one. There isn't a best one in my book but it's one of the best next to a couple others like tactics 6 and 7
>>
>>387890849
Cloud's twist is underrated. I'm sure people don't even play far enough to see it.
>>
>>387890849
>And let's be honest, Zidane's plot twist of secretly being a secret weapon from outter space was pantsu on head retarded.
That wasn't the twist completly, it was because he too was a manufactured weapon just like Vivi and the black mages.
>>
>>387890395
Only for 10 minutes while other characters do the same through the entire game.
I think somw people hate him because he is a confident character and actually charismatic.
>>
>>387891173
>Literal molestation
>Charisma
>>
>>387891223
>touches a girls but
>molester! How dare he touch m'lady that way while my fedora is on!
I mean you don't have even the balls to talk to a girl let alone to actually touch her ass.
>>
>>387886795
My first playthrough i beat it with zidane at lvl 43. He was the higest lvl character. You got it.
>>
>>387891173
His angsty phase was retarded and forced drama. Zidane is a terrible character.
>>
>>387891552
Anon that's the actual meaning of the word molestation.
>>
>>387885528
ATB is an abomination, FF9 would have been better if it had an option for normal turn based but even the 'Wait' mode is still garbage.
>>
File: 1502377489118.jpg (43KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1502377489118.jpg
43KB, 480x360px
>>387891617
No, what's forced drama is dragging it on. Zidane only lasted that way for 10 minutes and was back to is old self after his grouped grilled for being emo for even that long. What's forced drama is making the main cast all from the same orphanage and not remembering it until now.
>>
>>387891705
Touching a girls but on accident isn't molestation but fine, since he did pass it off like it was on purpose I'll let you have that one, since he gets away with it.
>>
File: 1503403961800.jpg (532KB, 850x1213px) Image search: [Google]
1503403961800.jpg
532KB, 850x1213px
>>387885528
I want to marry Freya!
>>
>>387885528
I agree, but

>trance is good

Lies. It was annoying as fuck. You would have to be very lucky to trigger it when you needed.
>>
>>387892405
You just needed to be damaged. You just didn't get to choose when to use it.
Though I do admit that was unnessary
To put into the game, they just wanted you to rely on their AP system more.
>>
>>387891730
ATB is the same as in previous games, and who uses wait ATB besides the retarded?
>>
>>387885528
Nah, that's V. IX comes close though.
>>
>IX BEST NO VII BEST IX SUCKS NO VII SUCKS
Can't we just agree both games are very good?
>>
>>387895198
Most of us do it's when VIII AND XIII get involved
>>
I didn't like Final Fantasy IX
>>
>>387895606
OKAY.

Please die
>>
>>387895198
vii seems like super nostalgia where as ix is fanservice done right. in reality they both suck gameplay wise but id play ix just everything else it has to offer
>>
>>387895606
Thats fine
>>
A BOY FROM THE PAST
>>
>>387885528
Daily reminder that out of the PS1 games, FF9 is unironically the least favored.
>>
>>387895606
Me neither. It was boring. I dropped it like 4/5ths in.
>>
>>387896596
According to shit like metacritic, it's the highest rated.

And according to me it's the best FF next to VII
>>
File: Loli Garnet.jpg (43KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
Loli Garnet.jpg
43KB, 320x224px
>>387885528
Garnet a cute!
>>
I agree and as someone who replayed, no, suffered through classic FFs I'd like to add that anyone who claims FF before VI as their favourite is either elitistic lying cunt or has shittest taste possible. V is debatable for its unique mechanics and some of the most iconic characters/events that became staple for the series.

Also, as an adult now I see how much of a cancer random encounters are. If FF games adopted carefully placed enemies like Chrono Trigger it would improve them IMMENSELY and made I to IV at least playable.
>>
IX feels like magic, like VI did.
VII felt like riding a cool new bike.
VIII felt like getting punched in the nuts after Dics 1
X felt like cancer.
>>
>>387889196
>Final Fantasy X
>slow
>>
>>387897852
Too bad the combat is the only good aspect of it.
And by the ONLY good aspect of it I literally mean it's the ONLY damn decent thing in the game.
>>
File: IMG_3362.jpg (113KB, 730x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3362.jpg
113KB, 730x1024px
It's the only game I've replayed over and over and it still doesn't get old. Garland was a pretty cool antagonist and had some badass gothic organ music.
>>
>>387897060
*tips fedora*
>>
>>387898546
What does fedora have to do with this, you literal redditor?
>>
>>387885528
It would have been the best if

1 - 9999 damage attacks that take hours to grind didn't exist (killing 99 dragons with lvl 5 death)
2 - The combat system didn't take like two turns, one to issue the command and another to actually comply. The game is so slow it certainly feels like it needs two turns to do anything.
3 - XP sharing for members outside of party existed. Never played 8 but 7 had XP sharing. 9 Bit me in the ass for those times where you're forced to play with certain characters. I had some of them so underleved I almost quit
>>
File: Eiko.webm (2MB, 500x590px) Image search: [Google]
Eiko.webm
2MB, 500x590px
>>
I agree, it's my personal favourite as well, the atmosphere is the shit
>>
That's not Tactics.
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.