[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prey

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 284
Thread images: 20

File: prey.jpg (290KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
prey.jpg
290KB, 1920x1080px
Is Prey worth playing?
http://www.strawpoll.me/13761771
>>
no
it's a month after release and it's already 50% off
that should tell you something
>>
>>387878674
i take it you didn't actually play it
>>
>>387878538
Yes, it's a good Immersive Sim and it'll become a cult classic that people will recommend alongside games like Deus Ex and System Shock 2.

It's one of the best games of the last decade but it was marketed so badly by Bethesda that most people didn't even know and some still don't know what type of game it is. It was also boycotted for stupid reasons like "muh prey 2" or not knowing the difference between a developer and a publisher. So it flopped.
>>
>>387878538
Prey's a nice game, I'd say that it is worth it at 50% off; the only thing that I didn't enjoy was the gunplay, since at the beginning it is quite awkward, but once you progress in the game it becomes fine since you have more options
>>
Somebody redpill me on this game.
>>
>>387879367
How does it compare to Mankind Divided and Human Revolution?
>>
It's pretty good actually.
>>
>>387879416
Worth it for 5$
Just pirated it, its a solid 7/10
>>
>>387878538
Do you actually like immersive sims or do you pretend to like them and mention SS2/Thief in every Arcane thread for hip points?

If first, then yeah go play it, it's a blast and 2017 goty
>>
>>387878674
>Over 3 months is now 1 month :thinking_emote:

>>387878538
Yes it is, it would've probably been my GOTY if I wouldn't have encountered a huge glitch in my playthrough.
>>
>>387879367
>Yes, it's a good Immersive Sim and it'll become a cult classic that people will recommend alongside games like Deus Ex and System Shock 2.
>It's one of the best games of the last decade
hahaha
great post my friend
>>
>>387879416
Some studio makes a game about an injun killing aliens with a monkey wrench and spirit bow. They try to make a boba fett simulator next but Bethesda wants to make them a subsidiary and dicks them until the developers say fuck it and the game is scrapped instead. Then these other guys were making a system shock type game so Bethesda slapped the name on there so they could keep the rights
>>
>>387878674
That it didn't sell enough, which isn't a bad thing since games that sell well are often casualised pieces of trash.
>>
It's 2017 GOTY
It's the only game of this year which is actually innovative and offers such player freedom and great level design
>>
It's way better than Prey 2006
>>
>>387879790
>actually innovative
how so?
>>
Is the OST as bad as the demo made it seem?
>>
instead asking /v/ go fucking play it
theres a free trial or demo out
>>
>>387879948
OST is great the fuck are you talking about? It's spooky, repetitive to the point of being unnerving and is always on point with ingame situations.
Helicopter track is 10/10 good vibes
>>
a little off topic but are the bioshock remasters fixed?
>>
I heard this is supposed to be a System Shock successor but this game doesn't feel like an RPG at all.
>>
No. Wait for the real System Shock 3.
>>
>>387879948
>Prey OST
>Bad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4RanjlL7sg
lmao at you faggot
>>
>>387878674
That it's an under rated gem
>>387878538
Yes it's absolutely worth playing
>>
>>387878538
It flopped for some reason, but it's honestly the best System Shock game.
>>
>>387879464
It blows them out of the water. Not half as good as the original Deus Ex though.
>>
>>387881574
>It blows them out of the water.
can you elaborate?
>>
>>387879464
It's better, it's less story and character oriented, much more about the gameplay and exploration.
Also no cover system or immersion-breaking third person camera.

I liked HR and MD though, I'd say those are 7.5/10 games, Prey is a 8.5.
>>
daily reminder that people shitting on Prey are faggot weebs who'd rather play neptunia or some other weebshit for autistic manchilds
>>
It's very decent game better then the deus ex games solid 8-8.5 people just can't appreciate games which don't put you on rails and have unlimited ammo and no difficulty.
>>
>>387878538
My personal GOTY. And yes I am usually a Nintendo guy but this game is just amazingly well made.
>>
>>387882485
>I am usually a Nintendo guy
how is this relevant to the conversation?
>>
I'd say it was worth, it felt a bit too long towards the end because you have to do so much backtracking and I did a decent amount of exploring and side-quests so that only compounded that feeling.
>>
>>387882556
Because I think it's even better than BOTW which was the best Zelda game ever made imo.
>>
>>387881663
Much better movement and level design. For example, HR/MD fall into the trap of every path being built for the player. For example, if you want to climb up to a rooftop to infiltrate from above, there will be a specific path for doing so which will be 1 of 3 or 4 ways total. Prey is more like the original Deus Ex where the levels are designed more naturally and the various ways you can approach are emergent from the game's nonrestrictive movement system.

It also has leaning instead of a shitty cover system, a much better story, and more innovative gameplay that plays with the expectations and habits of people used to the genre.
>>
>>387878538
It's worth it,im enjoying it.
>>
I start playing on nightmare. Honestly pretty good game but they should not called it Prey because it feels nothing like Prey. Level design is top notch though. GLOO cannon is probably the best vidya weapon with the Gravity gun
>>
To the people who said yes, what year were you born in?
>>
>>387882867
>>
>>387882867
>>
>>387882867

I consider Prey to be System Shock 3
>>
>>387882867
>>
Very sad enemy variety!
>>
>>387882921
the fuck are doing with your life?
>>
if I like Prey will I like Dishonored 2?
>>
>>387883025
Dishonored 2 is better than Dishonored 1. But Prey is leaps and bounds beyond Dishonored 2.
>>
>>387883025
if you like prey you'll probably think dishonored is for babbies
>>
>>387882990
Nothing much, you?
>>
>>387883025
Did you like Dishonored 1? 2 is a sequel that improves basically everything
>>
>>387882867

>>387883025
Probably, it's more about sneaking but the game is excellent and some levels are literally designed by god
>>
>>387882867

Immersive Sims is my favorite genre, I played all of them and Prey is a good one.
>>
>>387879668
>so Bethesda slapped the name on there so they could keep the rights
The most bizarre thing about this debacle is that Bethesda thought the rights to Prey were more important than this game.
>>
>>387879464
It's far worse.
Constant backtracking, fuck all weapons, and very little enemy variety. It's alright - nothing more.
>>
>>387883417
yes
like anyone cares about fucking prey besides some old fags who enjoy mediocre shooters
the game was supposed to be named Typhoon
>>
>>387883025
Prey is clearly better but yes, Dishonored 2 is better than the first one which was already a good game. If you like the genre there's only one reason that could prevent you from enjoying the game: not liking the setting.
Or if it runs like shit on your PC of course.
>>
>>387883463
there are hardly more weapons or enemy variety in those games, retard
>>
>>387883149
>>387883162
>>387883518
alright thanks gonna play Dishonored 2 after I finished Prey.
>>
>>387880321
You get to make various choices that actually affect the story and how things play out, doesn't that automatically make it more of an RPG than System Shock?
>>
>>387883506
not a better name
>>
>>387878538
Eh, as cheap as it goes on sale for I think the gameplay is servicable with some good level design (aside from the TERRIBLE loading screens you're at the mercy of later in the game). The story starts out pretty interesting and takes a drastic nosedive near the end.
>>
Would Prey make this guys happy?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPqwDGXxLhU
>>
>>387883708
yes it is
if you had played the game you would know enemies are called Typhoons. Much better than some old dying franchise that just confused everybody
>>
>>387883781
>(aside from the TERRIBLE loading screens you're at the mercy of later in the game)
is this with an SSD?
>>
>>387883806
if you had played the game, you'd know the enemy were the typhon. "typhoon" is a shit name.
>>
>>387878538
Nope.

In before another retard claims I'm maxed out here.

But seriously if you can name a single interesting part of Prey BEYOND the Lobby I will cut my fucking arm off.
>>
>>387883871
nice argument
>>
>>387883025
If you play Dishonored 2 like a psychopath and go for SPEED and gore it is extremely fun. Pick Emily. In many regards it is different to Prey though.
>>
>>387883564
There absolutely is
>>
>>387883959
nice proof famalam
>>
>spend precious spare parts repairing turrets
>upgrade them
>move them into strategic positions
>leave area
>come back later
>half of them are destroyed
>enemies are unharmed and have reinfested the area
this pisses me off but the game is good
>>
>>387883892
>In before another retard claims I'm maxed out here.
You are
>>
>>387883892

You're just not maxed out, you lured the nightmare right next to a faulty power junction (which happens to do silly amounts of damage) like a clever little anon
>>
>>387878538
For some reason I couldn't get into this.
Kind of strange considering my favorite game is Deus ex and I both enjoyed system shock 2 and thief
>>
>>387883892
but you are maxed out

why are you lying?
>>
>>387883892
at the very least, your shotgun is maxed and you have all the gun damage mods

>But seriously if you can name a single interesting part of Prey BEYOND the Lobby I will cut my fucking arm off.
the exterior is fully freeroam and the station is actually put together the way it should be
>>
>>387883892
If you got time to make a webm out of it, then you have time to show us the neuromods and weapon kits that you 'didn't' max out in.

Also exploring Talos Exterior you tool.
>>
>>387880901
>Not posting the game director's literal swan song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpKM0S37Ujo
>>
>>387883983
You gave no proof either kiddo.
http://deusex.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons_(DXHR)
http://deusex.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons_(DXMD)
http://prey.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Prey_(2017)_Weapons
Counting the boltcaster as a weapon is rather generous.
>>
>>387884058
i didn't even notice he did that. good eye. still only accounts for maybe 2 big damage ticks
>>
>>387884012
And you're a retard.

>>387884058
Except you can clearly see from the webm it takes him down from 100% to 95% and after shocking him requires a lot of time to strike again.

All the enemies in the game on ANY difficulty have ridiculously low health and melt within seconds, particularly if you use a single stealth attack. The AI is so incredibly stupid it cannot see 5 meters in front of itself and completely fails to take cover or attack (unless it has a projectile attack) when Morgan stands in an area it cannot pathfind to.
>>
>>387884091
Same. The whole experience felt dull to me and exploration felt more like a chore than anything, for some reason I can't figure out. The combat was also shit.
>>
>>387884091
It's the lack of free time that does it.

When you played Deus ex and system shock 2 you had a lot more free time on your hands.
>>
>>387884328
>The combat was also shit.
this meme needs to die already.
>>
>>387884297
Why are you lying you idiot? You obviously have your shotgun maxed out, gun damage neuromod maxed out and sneak attack maxed out

You sound like some poser fag who wants to be the hardcorest gamerz of them all, quite SAD actually
>>
>>387884150
I'm not even remotely maxed out. Well over half of the trees weren't even unlocked and the shotgun was only half upgraded in terms of damage.

>>387884152
> your shotgun is maxed and you have all the gun damage mods
Another fucking retard. You wish it was maxed out. He'd die in TWO SECONDS FLAT if it was.

>the exterior is fully freeroam and the station is actually put together the way it should be
Large open empty space? GUTS was a fucking shitfest. They made an awful metroidvania experience by gluing everything together in a halfassed way and filling it with load screens. The only satisfying connection is the Arboretum to the Lobby.

>>387884159
>Also exploring Talos Exterior you tool.
All that open space sure was fun. God I love spending 5 minutes trying to get to an isolated escape pod.
Fuck you Preydrones are disgusting. You are an absolute disgrace to the legacy of good games like System Shock and Deus Ex. But I'll forgive you because you're definitely under 25.
>>
>>387884385
Wow yeah I sure enjoyed shooting those... Shadow monsters. And robots...

It was lame as fuck. None of the weapons are satisfying to use, there are like 3 enemy types in the whole game and they're all boring to kill, and it's too easy.
>>
>>387883892
>It takes damage when shooting it with a weapon that deal no damage
Gee anon, what could be happening here? This >>387884058
>>
>>387884274
Regardless of whether or not it's a "weapon", the boltcaster is more interesting than any weapon in HR.
>>
>>387884531
>and the shotgun was only half upgraded in terms of damage.

sure thing buddy
you maxed out the ammo capacity but not the damage? Go be a faggot somewhere else
>>
>>387884474
Do the math if you think it's wrong but you should be able to as a fan of the game.

>You sound like some poser fag who wants to be the hardcorest gamerz of them all, quite SAD actually

You see what's ironic here is that's the mentality of most Prey fags. You idiots really think this is a hardcore experience when it's even more of a cakewalk than any Call of Duty game. Prey has all the depth of a shallow puddle and Arkane half assed the whole thing but you morons won't accept that fact.

Even Bioshock Infinite puts this shitpile to shame.
>>
>>387884656
>Do the math if you think it's wrong but you should be able to as a fan of the game.
I already did
And you're a lying faggot
>>
>>387884274
>Counting the weapon that lets you deal with several type of enemies and opening secrets as a weapon is rather generous.
What did he mean by this?
>>
I hate art deco. Why does this game use art deco? What does it have to do with space stations and aliens? Of all design options, why?
>>
>>387884597
Hi.

You appear to be retarded and not even know how you precious little game works.

The junction box DOES NOT DEAL A CONSTANT STREAM OF DAMAGE. Watch the webm closely and you'll notice it shocks the Nightmare ONE FUCKING TIME for 5% of its health.

Do you want me to redo the webm with a maxed out shotgun and maxed out stealth away from a junction box without me switching to a fucking gloo cannon and wrench to humiliate it? Because it will die in two seconds flat.
>>
>>387884770
The aesthetics in this game were lame as fuck.
>>
>>387884770
It's like saying why do people fill their houses with shitty art deco?

Cause apparently it looks good and its suppose to invoke certain emotions.
>>
>>387884656
>>387883892
Does anyone who's a fan of these types of games really care how difficult the combat is? I mean, you can drop a rumbler in SS2 with a single burst from the assault rifle using anti-personnel rounds. None of these games were ever difficult, except the original SS with all difficulty types maxed.
>>
>>387884725
>I already did
Let's see it.

Go on then.
>>
>>387884770

Cribbing Bioshock of course
>>
>>387884858
Yeah fuck it, why should games have functioning gameplay mechanics?
>>
>>387884858
Yes. It helps that the game is actually you know, challenging.
>>
>>387884616
>>387884756
Yes, the weapon that lets me press a button on a computer is great!
>>
>>387884856
It invokes emotions alright
>>
>>387884770
part of the pedigree

lore-wise, the game has an alternate history and is set in the future, so all types of retro trends could loop back around
>>
>>387883892
Even without pointing the bullshit in that webm, I'll agree with you that the Nightmare is stupid, he's easy to kill and he can't follow you in most places, he's only dangerous because he hits hard.
Does that single enemy being badly designed makes the entire game not worth playing ? No.

>>387884531
>But I'll forgive you because you're definitely under 25
>>387882867
>>
>>387882867
91 it's among my favorites which include thief trilogy.

>>387882990
Probably more then you faggot
>>
At first it was interesting to me but it quickly became tedious because i made the huge mistake to upgrade guns, enemies are samey and take LOTS of shots, do LOTS of damage and i had to gather junk all the fucking time and waste more time with the crafting system
>>
File: 1452118827167.gif (456KB, 420x315px) Image search: [Google]
1452118827167.gif
456KB, 420x315px
Prey (2017)
Is literally system shock 3.

Only bad thing about it is that enemies kinda look homogeneous seeing as they are all technically the same kind of organism only different sizes and shapes.

But on a technical level it feels like a System shock 3 like what system shock 3 would literally be if it came pout today.
>>
>>387884795
It deals damage to it at least 3 times.
One of them while getting hit by the shotgun (you can see the damage dealt by the shotgun is marked white in the enemy's health, and he loses more health than the area marked)

If you just want to feel cool about it, it's ok. but don't be THAT kid please.
>>
>>387884879
how about you load your file and show us those neuromods? Just pretending your shotgun isn't maxed out when you have max bullet capacity shows what a lying bitch you are
>>
>>387885008
And to go further - I haven't had to use the boltcaster once to open a door so far. And I've explored every area I could, up until I dropped the game shortly after finishing the location where the guy in the kitchen is.
>>
>>387885202
>I haven't had to use the boltcaster once to open a door so far.

>games offers different ways to access closed places
>somehow that's a bad thing

ok
>>
>>387883892
Biggest faggot on the thread, doesn't like the game yet cares enough to post about it, make a webm, respond to a ton of people and tryhard the game.

I ghost the original thief all the time doesn't mean the game isn't good just because it isn't tryhard. Fuckoff to whatever shit grind games you play probably warframe fag.
>>
>>387884795
> it shocks the Nightmare ONE FUCKING TIME for 5% of its health.
It's consistently chunking its health after that small initial hit, or are you going to tell me that the gloo gun at the end did that damage?

>Do you want me to redo the webm
Sure, go waste your time making a webm for a game that you seemingly don't enjoy
>>
>>387885169
People keep saying this, but there's no cyberpunk, transhumanism, body horror or any horror at all. It may be mechanically similar to system shock, but it couldn't be any more totally or thematically different.
>>
>>387884924
>>387884936
I'm just saying, Thief, SS2, Deus Ex, Thief 2, are very easy games even on the hardest difficulties. Those games were more about exploration and how you solved a problem rather than how hard the problem was to solve.

Yes, Call of Duty and BioShock: Infinite are both much more difficult than any of them, so what? That doesn't make them better games and they're difficult for the wrong reasons.
>>
>>387885202
i was wondering about this. im about halfway through the game and ive only found 1 place the crossbow could be used. i figured there would be more.

>>387885358
ive gotten to the point where nerf options are the first thing i look for when trying to get in somewhere.
>>
well i played the trial and in the first 30 minutes i killed over 20 something mimics. shit got old fast, so i uninstalled and moved on
>>
>>387885358
It simply goes back to me saying it's generous to call it a weapon - because it's not.
And even if you want to call it a weapon, I was still right (and gave proof) that there are more weapons in the new Deus Ex games.
>>
>>387885427
>but it couldn't be any more totally or thematically different.
>happens in space
>transhumanism and augments
>oppressive ambiance

Sure
>>
To all the people that said no or wait for a deeper sale, what is your birth year?
>>
>>387878538
yes
>>
>>387885495
What kind of run are you doing? You'll get fucktons of use out of it if you do no-neuromods.

There's a few buttons, but it is also really useful for computers. There's several computer stations, security especially, where you have to fire the bolts to hit the 'options' tab on the screen, then another to hit the 'unlock door' tab.
>>
>>387885481
Ye exactly the hard part of thief is just navigating the maze levels.
>>
>>387883892
>claiming he is not maxed out when you can clearly see he has several damage improvement skills an shotgun upgrades
>dealing environmental damage and claiming it your own
>boasting after the kill
I don't know if you are delusional, or just that kid that brags about plain lies.
>>
>>387878538
It's def. worth playing. It's up to you if it's worth buying and at what price.
>>
>>387885427
>prey
>no transhumanism

Are you retarded?
>>
>>387885603
>>
>>387883463
HR enemies:
Dude with gun
Dude with heavy armor and gun

That's literally it from gameplay standpoint and you know it.
>>
>>387885676
it has nothing to do with transhumanism you fucktard, you aren't even human in the game
>>
>>387885623
human mods only with a fairly even spread to give me options everywhere.

the computer or button that could open a door that i couldn't hack or recycle charge my way into was, i think, near the start of psychotronics. haven't seen any electronics positioned near windows since.
>>
>>387883463
>has no idea on game design
>talks as if he has any idea
>>
>>387885839
brah if you're gonna lie at least make it convincing
>>
>>387885861
BUT THEY HAVE A DIFFERENT MODEL, AND THEY ARE FOR COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GROUPS WITH DIFFERENT MOTIVATIONS!
>>
>>387885896
>Transhumanism (abbreviated as H+ or h+) is an international and intellectual movement that aims to transform the human condition by developing and making widely available sophisticated technologies to greatly enhance human intellect and physiology.

What were you saying?
>>
File: 1503226247909.gif (1MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1503226247909.gif
1MB, 200x200px
So what skills should I get? Is there a power gaming faggot guide to this game? I don't want to waste points and my autism is preventing from playing further.
>>
>>387885427
There is no cyberpunk i agree but it has the esthetic of what the world would look like if the cold war never happened and Kennedy was not assassinated.
And its about people injecting literal talents and psyonick powers artificially so it does have transhumanism.
One thing about it that is different is that the aliens in it are actual aliens.
>>
>>387885982
b-b-b-b-b-but you are not a human!!!!
>>
>>387885992
you'll be literally crafting infinite mods soon enough. optimization doesnt mean much, except for maybe weapon upgrades
>>
>>387885861
>turrets
>robots
>cameras
>enemies with augs
Not to mention they don't constantly respawn when you leave a room.
>>
>>387885992
Lern the skill that lets you harvest alien organs early.
It will let you craft skill points faster.

As far as powers go just invest in the utility tee and pure damage psoyonick abilities.
If you want to do a no humans killed run you should also learn stun.
The game is technically beatable at 0 upgrades so dont worry to much about it.
>>
>>387885919
>I don't have an argument
That's all you have to say kid
>>
>>387885992
If you really want to minmax, get the upgrade that let's you harvest more from dead typhons and the the upgrade that gets you more material from recycling as early as possible. This will let you craft the most neuromods over the coarse of the game so they pay for themselves pretty quickly.

Otherwise just get whatever you want, you get a shit load of neuromods anyway.
>>
>>387885992
Leverage isn't very useful if you aren't planning on killing aliens with sofas, you can easily get rid of blockages with explosive canisters or recycler charges
>>
>>387886212
You forgot to teleport behind me
>>
>>387885998
>it has the esthetic of what the world would look like if the cold war never happened and Kennedy was not assassinated.
This is bullshit and you know it. It's a generic space station, and the alternative history is just a barely relevant background.

I don't understand comparisons with Deus Ex, the essence of DE was the level design allowing for multitude of various approaches (HR captured that pretty ok); Prey's more like Bioshock in that sense.
>>
>>387886163
So, still less than Prey.
>>
>>387886304
>Leverage isn't very useful if you aren't planning on killing aliens with sofas

nothing better than crushing an ethereal space monstrosity with a big crate
>>
>>387886309
No need to teleport behind you, when I can throw facts in your face.
>>
>>387886319
>I don't understand comparisons with Deus Ex, the essence of DE was the level design allowing for multitude of various approaches (HR captured that pretty ok); Prey's more like Bioshock in that sense.

You obviously didn't play Prey
>>
>>387886363
Prey
>mimic
>phantom
>big floating phantom
>robot
>turrets (possibly)
No kid
>>
>>387886319
No, see >>387882642
>>
>>387886393
Now you forgot to tip your fedora.
>>
>It's a clone of System Shock
>with the depth of Bioshock
>the enemy variety of Bioshock Infinite
>it's paraded around as the replacement for an original bounty hunting game
It's worth boycotting.
>>
>>387886304
>tfw i took leverage 1 as my 2nd mod
>tfw i realized i can knock leverage 2 and 3 items around by throwing things at them
>also sneak attack crate rockets
zero regrets
>>
>>387886431
I'm playing it right now; but I'm only like 4 hours in. The levels are pretty corridor-ish so far, does it get better later on?
>>
>>387886450
>poltergeist
>cystoid
>>
>>387886450
>other big floating phantom
>nightmare
>>
>>387886556
Yes
Also there are such alternative path early in game
Remember to watch the ceiling from times to times
>>
>>387886663
and possesed humans
>>
>>387885427
System Shock isn't cyberpunk either. It's cyber, sure, but not punk. And both body horror or horror as a whole where pretty much non-existent in the original and only briefly used in the second one.

Prey being similar or different to SS, I don't think it matters at all. I value them for what they are, but at least learn to make meaningful comparisons.

>>387885896
>You aren't even human
That's the point you idiot. Use your brain.
>>
I feel like people who dislike Prey do so for shitty reasons
>>
>>387886476
>with the depth of Bioshock
You wish Levine, you wish.
>>
>>387885189
>shotgun
>bullet
>>
I only prey on boipussy.
>>
>>387886978
best post of the thread
>>
File: ora5.jpg (342KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
ora5.jpg
342KB, 1536x2048px
>get the jetpack and enter micro gravity
>fuck this thing is slow
>takes forever to get anywhere
>spend 5-10 minutes trying to intercept a satellite
>aim for a space shuttle and leave to make dinner while character is drifting
>halfway through the game
>look up if there's a speed upgrade I missed
>there is a sprint button
>>
>>387878538
Who was behind the anti-prey shilling? Months pretending /v/ hated this game. Who did it?
>>
>>387886978
you sir have won the internets
>>
>>387885978
Yeah but it's the same enemy. Imagine if they had green goo men saying their endgame is consumption of all living AND legalizing marihuana. They're entirely different faction and there are threads on /v/ right now about how green goo ayylmaos were the good guys and their hivemind is their waifu
>>
>>387887179
>there is a sprint button
welcome to video games
>>
>>387886812
How about playing through 2/3rds of the game, getting bored, and then quitting? I dislike Prey because the story was boring, I didn't like the aesthetics, none of the characters were engaging, and the combat got old after a few hours.
>>
>>387887227
DELETE THIS
>>
>>387887339
I understand, but being a faggot isn't a legitimate complaint about the game
>>
>>387887179
also there is at least 1 jetpack speed upgrade
>>
>>387887179
>go full speed
>"i dont give a fuck"
>smash into a pilar on accident
>half health gone
holy shit
>>
>>387887395
Are you calling me a faggot?
>>
>giving money to zionmax
Idiots, all of you. If you want to play a zenimax game so badly because you have shit taste at least have the decency to pirate it and deny the fags that are actively shitting on gaming their money.
>>
>>387887604
no but you are retarded
>>
>>387887604
No you misunderstood me
>>
i ordered it with my amazon prime one week ago
still haven't received it took it as a sign so i refunded it
so now i'm going out to buy a used copy of Yakuza 0
>>
>>387887646
Fuck you
>>387887663
Okay, cool
>>
>>387878538
No just no. Fuck youtube both endings if you have to but its really not worth the time.
>>
>>387887839
This is the most retarded post I've seen in a while, congratulations
>>
>>387887839
>the amazing hours of gameplay are not worth the shitting ending
>>
>>387887839
i knew i should've left this post hidden
>>
>>387887839
>he's retarded
>he's a tripfaggot

Kys your self
>>
File: 1482506971755.jpg (128KB, 595x998px) Image search: [Google]
1482506971755.jpg
128KB, 595x998px
Why's there a prey thread with people asking if the game is worth buying every day? At least this one have SOME discussion about the game. But it seems like every thread is just retards going, ITS THE GREATEST GOTYAY, get it NOW! Instead of actually talking discussing the story points and so on. Am I missing something?
>>
>>387888223
You are missing this cock on those gorgeous lips of yours.
>>
>>387888223
It went on sale and got a demo on PC
>>
>>387888223
You're missing out on how much of a faggot you are
>>
>>387888223
Because there's really not that much to discuss about the story other than the intro, ending and its lack of story everywhere else. The story is very good in my opinion, but too sparse.

>387887839
Welcome to my filter list!
>>
>>387888495
Damn, so no pushing a story down your throat?
Nice.
>>
File: 1503108864267.jpg (366KB, 1280x1751px) Image search: [Google]
1503108864267.jpg
366KB, 1280x1751px
yes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS0NtNxlX-s
>>
>>387888301
I know it went on sale. What I'm commenting on is how noone actually discussing story points, abilities, or other gameplay elements. You just have people say its good or its shit and then the threads stop.
>>387888495
Why do people say it's good then, if it's an rpg lacking story elements.
>>
>>387888606
>I'm incapable of forming my own opinion
>>
File: 1503108905812.jpg (298KB, 1280x1479px) Image search: [Google]
1503108905812.jpg
298KB, 1280x1479px
>>387888713
>my opinion is similar to this guy's who conveniently made a video explaining said opinion, and i dont have to write 3 paragraphs of what i think of this game
FTFY
>>
>>387888606
>game review
>youtuber
>1:25:37
I just hope the youtuber meme crashes soon. Good thing youtube if fucking up their monetization.
>>
>>387888634
>if it's an rpg
disregarded
>>
>>387888634
Being pedantic, it's not exactly an RPG, but since when has an RPG needed a good story to be good? And I say that as a storyfag myself. Like I said, the story is good, just sparse. Everything else about the game is great.

>>387888606
>Says the guy that hasn't even played System Shock 1

We don't need an hour and a half long video to see you talking about the most obvious strengths and flaws of a game Joseph, fuck off.
>>
I liked the game until Dahl shows up. Also fuck the zero gravity segments.
>>
>>387888858
Sorry, I meant to say: IMMERSIVE SIMâ„¢
>>
>>387885992
>harvest ayy lmao organs first
>followed by the efficiency recycler perk
>????
>PROFIT
>>
>>387888935
>not having lvl 4 hack and creating your own army of sentry bots
pleb.
>>
>>387888952
immersive sim is the most pretentious name of a genre i've ever heard.
>>
>>387888912
ooooh, let's talk about the secret strengths and flaws of it then!
kill yourself
>>
>>387888912
>since when has an RPG needed a good story to be good.
Certainly helps.
>>
>>387889054
It was coined in a deus ex post mortem you phillistine pleb! That means it's 100% applicable to games of that genre and not a masturbatory term to inflate ego.
>>
Did they fix the really bad audio mixing that happened on release? It's why I stopped playing.
>>
>>387883463
>Constant backtracking
>In a space station
>Makes out like that that's a bad thing
>>
>>387889058
If you're going to talk for an hour and a half about a videogame, at least I expect some unique input, some different way to analyze the game, something that isn't glaringly obvious by actually playing myself, something that I might've not realized by myself. He says one interesting thing in the whole video and it's towards the end. Might as well have made a 10 minutes video only talking about that, and it would've been an OK video.

And I agree with most of his opinions on the game, but I don't need an hour long echochamber telling me how correct is my opinion.

>>387889408
Nope, it was coined by Doug Church in 1994, you know, the fucking creator of that genre. Nobody on LGS particularly liked that term, but it just stuck. I don't either, but who cares about semantics and "genres". I think Metroidvania is retarded too but here we are. A game should be bigger than the genre it's labeled in.
>>
>>387889630
this is why mark brown is infinitely better. "analyst" channels need to be purged.
>>
>>387889490
There's such a thing as too much.
Especially given if you decide to go off the beaten path and explore, you'll find every location has rooms you'll need key cards for, so you'll have to backtrack later.
So imagine:
>go along main path
>explore side path, but can't progress further
>have to fight all the enemies that have respawned since you've been away
>continue along main path
>find keycard
>go back along main path, where enemies have respawned, to get back to the side area
>enemies have respawned in the side area
>explore all of the side area
OR
>come to another locked door that requires a key card
>repeat
That's just for exploring, in almost every side area - not even for areas that the game forces you to backtrack to.
There's too much of it. If enemies didn't respawn (every time) that would at least be something.
>>
>>387889708
It's kind of hilarious. Arm chair designers are always pretentious. Yet they can't make a decent game even if they life depended on it. That's why they are youtubers and not developers.
>>
File: Capture.png (19KB, 987x624px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
19KB, 987x624px
Interesting. I figured /v/ would hate the game.
>>
>>387889490
But it is?
Back track continiously with respawning enemies when ammo is scarce was one of the most tedious parts of the game. Considering I played on nightmare, having to conserve ammo meant just ignoring and running past all the respawned enemies. And considering the enemies are all different forms of black goo, that reward little for killing them, I'd say it's a bad thing.
>>387889630
Coining a term, and creating the genre are two different things. Do you have a source on that?
>>
>>387889792
hell, say what you want about yahtzee, at least he made games, one of which helped revive 2D stealth.
>>
>>387882762
Thematically however, the title fits.
>>
>>387889861
Actually, I was thinking about his as I hit the Post button.

I loved the game about stealing, can't remember the name. I wish all "game analysts" were like him.
>>
>>387878538
Yeah, it was pretty good. Not perfect, but a solid 7/10 (an actual 7/10, not an IGN 7/10).
>>
OP here. I've decided to wait for a deeper sale. At least 75% off.
>>
>>387889818
Church was the director of System Shock and like it's says in the source below, the first person in LGS that started developing the proto-idea for the genre.

>Harvey: That improvisation thing you're talking about is definitely one of my favorite aspects. Doug Church is probably the first person I heard talking about that.

And about coining the term

>PC Gamer: I was actually going to ask, I don't know if it's common knowledge where the term came from. Was it a Kieron Gillen-coined term, or if it predated his writing on the genre.

>Warren: I think Doug Church was the one who came up with that, isn't he? He's the first person I ever heard use it.

>Harvey: I don't know, I remember a conversation with Rob Fermier, I think on Twitter, where we were trying to figure out where that term had come from. I think Rob's conclusion was that he first heard it from Doug, as well.

>Warren: Yeah, and we all hated it! It fell out of favor for awhile and recently it seems like it's come back. It's really odd.

>PC Gamer: Has anyone come up with a description they like better?

>Warren: No.

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-designers-of-dishonored-bioshock-2-and-deus-ex-swap-stories-about-making-pcs-most-complex-games/2/
>>
Bioshock in space?
>>
>>387890176
Reading this hurts.

It's like going to a barbecue with actual meat and saying "Is this homemade McDonalds"?
>>
>>387890129
Huh
>Warren Spector is stuck in Prey. The director of Deus Ex, who has worked on many games since labeled "immersive sims"—in fact, he coined the term in a post-mortem of Deus Ex—has been playing the modern games inspired by classics like Thief and System Shock.

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-uncertain-future-of-games-like-deus-ex-and-dishonored/
Maybe pcgamer should read their own articles.
>>
>>387890516
>Game "journalists" being clueless

I'm shocked.
>>
File: kekekekeke.jpg (13KB, 170x199px) Image search: [Google]
kekekekeke.jpg
13KB, 170x199px
>>387879367
>Yes, it's a good Immersive Sim and it'll become a cult classic that people will recommend alongside games like Deus Ex and System Shock 2.
>It's one of the best games of the last decade
>>
I liked that you had the freedom to kill pretty much everyone.
i could just murderhobo my way through the game.
I DONT like that if i didnt straight up off them then it wouldn't count as my kill,
Things like letting them Mind control suicide into me didn't count as a death, or Luring monsters to them, or Setting a hazard to kill them.
Also that there were characters locked away,
I wanted a 100% confirmed kill rate,
No Survivors.
>>
>>387880901
This part was fucking awesome.
>>
>>387882867
>>
File: 1502896504310.gif (1MB, 231x172px) Image search: [Google]
1502896504310.gif
1MB, 231x172px
>>387889794
>the people who are saying it's shit are just a vocal minority
>majority of /v/ actually likes it
wooooooow didn't see that one coming
>>
>>387879621
>>387890993
Screen-fucking-cap it, I've never been wrong about a game and I played literally every Immersive Sims since Ultima Underworld.

In 10 years you'll see the usual recommendations and then "oh and if you want something more recent try Prey 2017"
I just hope it'll not be followed by "it was better than the actual System Shock 3" though.
>>
>>387895563
>I just hope it'll not be followed by "it was better than the actual System Shock 3" though.

>implying that vaporware will ever come out

It was "announced" almost 2 years ago, yet Warron Spector recently said that it's not even in pre-production
>>
It's the first game I ever played through twice in a row. First time on Hard, human only. Second time Nightmare, Typhon powers only. There's an enormous amount of effort put into this game considering how many ways there are for dealing with enemies and accessing areas.

There are some nitpicks though: 1) You can't fabricate more then one item at once or one item in stacks so if you are low on a certain item then prepare to spend a fuckton of time waiting around.

2) The combat is less about good movement and reactions and more about figuring out the right answer to an opponent. If you encounter a Telepath and you don't have Psychoshock/a Nullwave transmitter then you're gonna have to hope for some explosive canisters or be prepared to waste a ton of ammo. If you do have one then the fight becomes a relative cakewalk. There is no inbetween.
The Nightmare is the biggest problem. Moves really fast and oneshots you on Hard/nightmare (if you have 100 hp). His movements aren't telegraphed at all. You basically have to abuse stairs and corners or hope you have upgraded either your sprint speed or phantom shift.

3)Some of the maintenance access vents are hard to climb through so you have to back off and crouch again

4)When exiting the main lift you can't hold down a movement key since the game will not register it for some reason. In my first game that was the first time encountering a Nightmare + telepath so I needed to run to a safe spot quickly but the game itself stopped me thanks to that. Really annoying.

5) A typhon only playthrough is a bit less fun since you can't upgrade your inventory space meaning lots of return trips to the recycler/needing to spam recycler charges

6)Low gun variety. You only have the 9mm pistol, shotgun and q-beam for doing damage. The stun gun only does damage to robots and technopaths and the gloo gun doesnt deal any damage. You basically have 3 and a half guns for dealing damage.

Still GOTY 2017 for me.
>>
I didn't care much for the combat, what really immersed me is the lore, story and atmosphere. I haven't beat it (about 8 hours in), but I'm loving all the cool shit you can discover about the station, the designs of the different areas and the mysteries that can be solved for each, as well as the growing understanding of what occurred.
Also I love Alex's commentaries on everything. I don't know why, but that fat guy has a lot of emotional weight to him.
Definitely my GOTY so far, if it keeps up this level of quality throughout the game. My only problem really is the combat is a little janky and it takes an exorbitant amount of time to finish side quests.
>>
anyone see this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCnMZLh621I
>>
>>387896249
No Razorfuck, nobody wants to watch your shit content
>>
>>387878674
It only costs 15 bucks new here
>>
>>387895981
One thing that bugged me about the main lift is that you can't have weapons out in there. There's one section where you get attacked in the lift but before it happens you just randomly pull out your weapon which just telegraphs the whole encounter.
>>
>>387896249
>everyone in the comments
>"IT UZED DA NAM OF MUH 2006 GAM, SO IT MUZD SUCK!!! XDDD THX BASED RAZURFEEST"
Fuck I wish Youtube was off limits to those under 18.
>>
I watched DSP play half of it and it seemed really boring.
>>
>>387898023
aw he's mad
>>
File: 1502350538803s.jpg (13KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
1502350538803s.jpg
13KB, 250x187px
>>387899335
damn straight
>>
File: Prey 2017.jpg (52KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
Prey 2017.jpg
52KB, 650x650px
GOTY 2017
>>
Its a very well made game. Gameplay wise feels more like deus ex or system shock. The story is shite, but the overall atmosphere is good and the game doesn't overstay its welcome. The enemies can get a bit boring.

I played it through without any alien powers which ended up being a nice little thing since the game actually acknowledged it AND it had a fairly big impact on the gameplay itself.

Definitely worth getting from a sale. The worst thing this game does is the fact that it carries the name prey.

One other issue I had was that the game no audio unless I alt+tabbed out and then opened it back up. Then it worked fine. Bizarre, but no biggie.
>>
>>387889818
>when ammo is scarce

Literal proof you didnt fucking play the game, if you're not a retard you end up with infinite ammo like 1 section into the game thanks to crafting and augmentations
>>
File: 1490676432935.jpg (144KB, 691x691px) Image search: [Google]
1490676432935.jpg
144KB, 691x691px
>literally any game released after 1999
>"worth playing"
>>
>>387901547
Cool story bro
>>
I just pirated the fitgay version. So far so good.

Wish me luck, bros
>>
>>387880175
The are not
>>
File: kidsh.png (287KB, 368x469px) Image search: [Google]
kidsh.png
287KB, 368x469px
>>387884770
>I hate a style, why does this game use a style I don't like!?
>>
>>387902214
I hope they fixed the save corruption bullshit, had to abandon game halfway through since the maps would crash. And I even resorted to reloading earlier save bullshit, but the moment exterior bugged it wouldn't unfuck. I was on 1.2. Good luck anon.
>>
File: 1496998122593.png (215KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1496998122593.png
215KB, 540x540px
>>387884770
>tfw love art deco
>>
>>387882867
>>
>>387883892

The whole cook level was dope af
>>
Actually i have a question. The test you recieve but dotn finish because of the attack isnt finished either in the medical lab. Is that a hint on the ending or was just overlooked?
>>
>>387884770
And what makes you dislike art deco?
>>
Is the Golden Gun pistol better than the Silenced Pistol? People say it is, but I upgraded damage twice and it only got to 19, while my silenced pistol was 23 with two more upgrades left...
>>
File: Prey 05.15.2017 - 19.08.39.44.jpg (295KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Prey 05.15.2017 - 19.08.39.44.jpg
295KB, 1920x1080px
Hey faggots, what was your favorite area and WHY?

Nightmare mode: No Crew Quarters
>>
>>387908540
Space around Talos, obviously.
>>
>>387908540
I was literally just going to post about how much I loved Crew Quarters. It is certainly the best level in the game; it has great writing, they get you to dig through everyone's lives and think about what the places would have been like while lively, there's intrigue and twists... FANTASTIC!
>>
>>387908540
Conceptually, the GUTS (but the execution was a bit disappointing).
Artistically and layout, the Arboretum.
Story-wise, the Crew Quarters.
>>
>>387882867
>>
>>387908540
>No Crew Quarters
Oh
Well then so far I'd say the Arboretum. Haven't been to the Shuttle Bay yet.
>>
>>387908770
This comment reads as sarcasm but I genuinely feel this way
>>
>>387909148
I didn't mind the GUTS until I went looking for one guy for a side quest and I couldn't find him. I was like 10m away from him on the other side of a wall and I couldn't understand the map so I just gave up
>>
>>387912207
Not sarcasm. You mistake my sincerity.
>>
Just got to G.U.T.S. and I'm enjoying it, the atmosphere and level design is top notch.
The lack of enemy variety is my biggest complaint

>mimics that become a non threat unless they attack en masse once you get the Psychoscope
>regular Phantom
>Fire Phantom
>Electric Phantom
>Purple aura Phantom

Feels like I'm playing BoTW if it had only Keese and Lizalfos
>>
>>387896771
Fuck off, Boris
>>
>>387884770
Art deco is fine, Arkane just has garbage artists.
>>
>>387882867
>>
>>387882867
>>
>>387915518
me, too.
>>
>>387883943
Better than yours
>>
>>387912452
Josh dalton, blackbox project?
Yeah, that one is hella retarded. You need to check under the pipe on the bottom to see him and then go right following the pipe until you see an opening.
>>
>>387882867
>>
>>387883892
>Fights right next to a power junction that hits 3-4 times, accounting for almost half of its HP
>No way of knowing where the Nightmare is when you first enter; you found the nightmare, reloaded at the start of the level, and intentionally cheesed it there for the purposes of the webm

Nice. Next time I'll show you how easy he is by gloo gunning and then throwing 10 recycler charges at him.
>>
>>387885903
You can also use the nerf gun to press the little red failsafe lock buttons some doors have
>>
I can't put my finger on why, but the was boring as fuck.
It dident have anything bad that stood out, it just put me to sleep. It could be that it has no originality at all
>let's throws bioshock and dead space in a blender and throw in the aliens from the edge of tommorow
>>
>>387893804
Kek yeah, I hid under the table, ez kills.
>>
Here's a mod that makes the gameplay experience more like the hardcore successor to System Shock 2 it was supposed to be:

http://www.nexusmods.com/prey2017/mods/1/?

Doesn't bring back all of the cut features, but most.
>>
oooooooooooooh.... should I buy Dishonored 2 now that it's on sale?
>>
>>387921245
neat, might check this out after a first playthrough
Thread posts: 284
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.