[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This scene was supposed to be epic. How did they fuck this up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 13

File: maxresdefault.jpg (104KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
104KB, 1920x1080px
This scene was supposed to be epic. How did they fuck this up so bad??
The Ground Zeroes Jeep scene was so dope, why couldn't they do something similar?
>>
It happened during the day instead of at night.
>>
>>387865430
Konami wanted to rush the project, so Kojima had to make a choice, cut the story or cut the gameplay
>>
File: 20170821213907_1.jpg (128KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20170821213907_1.jpg
128KB, 1280x720px
I blame this asshole
>>
Skullface hits all the right notes for me. What funny motherfucker. To think I thought he was some kind of hot shit in GZ.
>>
>>387865595
So tell me how both were disappointments?
>>
>>387865549
Not for me
>>
>>387865549
I thought the mission start time was night?
>>
>>387865682
I dont know what you are talking about, the game play is the only reason it got such high reviews
>>
>>387865549
>>387865838
Missions in the game don't have an specific time. Time of day is dynamic even for missions, it's not just for free roam.
>>
>>387865851
>High Reviews
Please try to remember what website you're on.
I don't give a fuck about reviews.
The game was a hollow-shell of a MGS game.
>>
File: Garfield.png (11KB, 365x251px) Image search: [Google]
Garfield.png
11KB, 365x251px
3 > 1 > 2 > 4 > V > PW.
>>
>>387866119
The gameplay was fun, but the story got cut out, thats all there is to it
>>
>>387866156
I like PW more than V and 4
>>
>>387865595
>7 years in development
>game was rushed by Konami
>>
>whole game is about revenge
>numerous characters won't stop talking about revenge
>game draws several allusions to Moby Dick which is a book about revenge
>finally meet character you want revenge from and sit across him
>stay quiet

bravo Kojima
>>
>>387866276
Even PW had more variety in the side ops. In V half of them were go to point B and extract soldier.
>>
>>387865430
I really liked the ride. The only problem is the fact that skull face stares at you for half of it where they could of had a bit more dialogue and then he can stare at you for a quarter of it.
>>
>>387866197
>the gameplay was fun
For about 5 minutes before it got repetitive and boring
>>
File: 1503033771430.jpg (58KB, 600x525px) Image search: [Google]
1503033771430.jpg
58KB, 600x525px
>>387866452
>in jeep
>decide to attack him
>everyone attacks you and die
>credits roll
>>
who would have thought 4 would look so much better compared to this forgettable mess even after all this time
>>
File: 676.gif (546KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
676.gif
546KB, 255x255px
>>387865430
>>This scene was supposed to be epic.

>he didn't get it
>>
>>387866197
This >>387866951
The other Metal Gear Solid games were wildly inventive and always felt fresh. They always threw a new gameplay mechanic or twist into the mix. Does MGSV have ANYTHING like that?
Like the boss fights in MGS1, for example. The Sniper Wolf fight felt different from the Vulcan Raven fight which was really different from the Hind-D fight, and so on.
>>
>>387865430
They took to much inspiration from Skyrim
>>
And to think

it's the only skippable piece of fluff in the game.
>>
File: 1503252005944.jpg (8KB, 190x192px) Image search: [Google]
1503252005944.jpg
8KB, 190x192px
>Skullface is menacing as fuck in Ground Zeroes
>Rapes Paz, forces Chico to rape her with a gun put to his head
>Destroys Motherbase and puts Boss into a coma
>"Holy shit, he's so cool, I wonder what he'll do in Phantom Pain!"

>Fast forward to PP
>He's barely in it
>Shows up once early on to say "So you became a demon for such little weapons as these?" What the fuck
>Forces you to sit with him on a jeep ride as he explains his plan is to... kill English... and then sell people fake shit so we'll all be equal
>Gets punked by a little kid and says "WHOOOOOOOO?"
>Gets killed by fucking HUEY
>Did nothing the entire game

What the FUCK happened? He was a worse antagonist than fucking Hot Coldman.
>>
>>387866332
>pitchford
>schafer
>kojima
>obsidian
why is blaming the publisher such a common excuse from incompetent devs that can't meet a deadline?
>>
>>387867331
The boss fights are sniper cursor, man on fire, a shitty robot, and rock-skin zombies. Kinda lame. And two whole maps with repetitive filler side-ops doesn't help either.
>>
File: mn6k6iOnd1rur0aro1_500.jpg (2KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
mn6k6iOnd1rur0aro1_500.jpg
2KB, 160x160px
>>387865430
>The brief moment when Snake and Skull are quiet and the music kicks in out of nowhere. Then Snake turns his head
I wanted to die at that very moment
>>
>>387867531
>game is supposed to be about BB becoming evil
>"you'll become a demon"
>"you'll be ashamed of your deeds"
>trailer implies he's a ruthless

>fast forward
>he doesn't really do anything evil if anything he's a hero
>hardly even speaks in the whole damn game

angyreactionimage.jpg
>>
>>387867908
>"Kaz, I'm already a demon..."

Goes on to:

>Rescue animals in danger on the battlefield
>Work for private charity organizations
>Pull child soldiers out of a warzone and not take advantage of them
>Save the world without a second thought or desire for profit
>Set HUEY free

Did Boss do anything morally dubious at all ingame?
>>
>>387868348
The whole you can be boss for a bit while I fuck off elsewhere was kind of dubious.
>>
>>387868348
I guess the point was: you did all those things, but how many people you killed doing it? As if the game ignored the fact you can go all gandi up their shit and keep killing to a minimum.
>>
>>387868708
Did a kill free run first playthrough
>>
>>387866156
>Garfield
No wonder your opinion is shit
>>
>>387868708
In the originals there was a big incentive to be stealthy and kill as few as possible and the games threw everything at you to do so and made it rewarding. That's because you play as a hero in the previous games which are both supported by gameplay and story. They could've done more to incentivize doing evil shit in the gameplay, but that decent into villainy is hardly present in the gameplay and nearly non existent in the story.
>>
>>387865620
I made D-Horse take a shit on him.
>>
>>387868903
Indeed. Not really all that difficult actually. V gets a lot more challenging and interesting if you play non lethal while futon packing EVERYTHING.

Think about those patrols you left alone doing their jobs only to return to camp and everyone is gone. ..no cars. ..no tanks...no bros...not even the cute girl poster in the wall to confort him.

That' true evil right there.
>>
Where does Skullface even get his power? What is his power base? Where does all the money and political capital for XOF come from?
>>
>>387867531
>Gets punked by a little kid and says "WHOOOOOOOO?"

Kek.
>>
>>387867908
>game is about becoming a demon
>you are forced to non-lethally kidnap people and give them employement
>even put them in an entire quarantine platform when the flu breaks out to try and save as many lives as possible

Game kinda fucked up here
>>
It would have been better if they base you build was on land, like Nova Braga airport, or the Soviet base.

You'd think that Kaz would have learned his lesson about building sea platform bases.
>>
>>387869718

The road to hell is paved with good intentions

The story sucks, I know.
>>
>>387869543
Cipher, AKA The Patriots before they were run by robots. Cipher has access to the Philosophers Legacy. It's basically a source of infinite money.
>>
>>387869770
It would have been better if we actually build Outer Heaven.
>>
>>387869191
>used the knife execution throughout the main story
>get demon snake for being bad
>start playing non lethally

The game encourages you to be a good boy.

>nobody builds nukes because other players will immediately steal and disarm them
>>
>>387869718
>>game is about becoming a demon

>I've enslaved literally thousands of gerbils. >Forced them to work as slave labour building new sea platforms
>Mother Base is powered by slave gerbils running on wheels attached to generators
>I'm a demon
>>
>>387869857
>It would have been better if we actually build Outer Heaven.

For sure. Even having buildings 1-4 from the original Metal Gear. Instead it's a completely new base that is a copy of the last one that just got destroyed and was never important to the stories that come after.
>>
>>387869512
The tears in his eyes when the only thing he have left is horse shit
>>
File: MGSV story and cutscenes.jpg (20KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
MGSV story and cutscenes.jpg
20KB, 480x480px
I just finished Mission 30. Yeah, his plan is intereting and the idea is very reminiscent of Marshall McLuhan works, but all of it falls flat because Skullface and XOF aren't a present threat during the game. You fight USSR and some South African mercs because... reasons, i guess? The "story" missions that actually have anything to do with THE STORY are what, 3-4? I don't even know if you can chalk that up to the game being unfinished. It just lacks any sort of gestalt.

Also, what the fuck was up with the WHOOOOOOOOO scene? Did Man on Fire was supposed to have killed Venom by slowly coming towards him? Did Skullface not see Psycho Mantis all that time there? If he did, why is he asking WHOOOOOOOOOO? What was supposed to have happened? Who has the LUST FOR REVENGE?

The direction is so all over the place i just didn't fucking get it, at all.
>>
>MGS5TPP could have blended the themes of SOP and base building mechanics together
>After losing Mother Base, Venom Snake does sneaky ass shit in the desert
>Only has Kaz, Ocelot, a tent in the middle of nowhere, and a helicopter
>Snake drops into an area via helcopter
>Game operates as SOP, you have to find all your shit in the world
>Snake can then take any items, weapons or shit he has picked up during a mission and store them in the helicopter inventory
>If you are low on a specific item you want, you will actually have to go and steal shit from bases to replenish your inventory (securing a base, destroying the anti air to land the helicopter there serves a purpose)
>Call in Helicopter to move across the map, doesn't load you out of the world, your "fast travel" is a helicopter ride from point A to B.

>You are literally a pack of dogs roving the desert feeding off the scraps of war
>You are indestructible, and shine brighly on the battlefield as the most feared enemy to face
>Actually can fit in the Diamond Dog name
>Save the world by starting from virtually nothing

>Most importantly don't have to Fulton thousands of soldiers and fixed assets

Instead we got this garbage
>>
>>387870638
Did u rike it?
>>
>"Actually can fit the Diamond Dog name"
>The ashes (carbon) of Mother Base and what is left, under the pressure to save the world, created diamonds

what actually was the point of the name Diamond Dogs again in TPP cause I don't remember why they chose it
>>
>>387870908
I don't think they ever explained it.
Kojima just liked Bowie
>>
>>387870908

It's in one of the exposition tapes and its just some lame excuse to have another David Bowie reference
>>
>>387871238
And they had the balls to cut the song
>>
>>387865430
Because Hideous Kojigger is a hack
>>
Seriously can someone explain this

>>387870550
>>
>>387865595
he cut both.
>>
The only good thing that came out of this was the news station using pictures of the game and tried to condemn some child soldier shit.
>>
File: 1503343770793.jpg (35KB, 715x422px) Image search: [Google]
1503343770793.jpg
35KB, 715x422px
Why go with Diamond Dogs and not straight up Outer Haven is beyond me
>>
>>387870908
>>387871238
It also has a track called 1984 which is thematically important.
>>
>>387875179
How?
>>
>>387874807

This, what was the fucking point of it all.
>>
Plus they muddy things up by using DD assets for the space at the beginning and end where they scroll "Outer Heaven".

Like what is it actually supposed to be THE Outer Heaven and that's like the updated design? Were they going to retcon the new Mother Base as being THE Outer Heaven? (probably not).

You can tell they threw that shit together relatively quick and called it a day.
>>
>>387875320
Cipher and the Patriots getting started and also all the posters with "Big Boss is watching you" showing up at Mother Base after some betrayal. Miller also becomes fucking paranoid of EVERYONE.
>>
File: 1503288439030.jpg (145KB, 960x707px) Image search: [Google]
1503288439030.jpg
145KB, 960x707px
>>387875706
Master Miller isnt a patriot
Or am I a brainlet?

But I now understand the reference
>>
>>387875952

He's a stooge for the Patriots during the events of Peace Walker and TPP
>>
Fun fact but in the Disarmament ending for Chapter 3, some videos show that the camera pans over the R&D's tank hangar and then zooms out in a very specific way that highlights Sally's spot on the platform. Even though it's supposed to be gone and out of the story in the game, you can toggle Sally's model over the platform back on with mods and see that the cutscene specifically highlights the mech's upright position.

So at some point they were either going to get the mech back or the cutscene was supposed to happen before it had been taken. You can check both scenarios on Youtube.
>>
>>387876036

He's a "business partner" and supposedly the real traitor to MSF as Peace Walker's final ending puts it but they disregard it for Phantom Pain's story. They briefly reference it like twice but nothing develops from it and they have Miller play the victim.
>>
Like it's originally implied he was the real spook keeping tabs on Paz and holding her to her objectives against MSF, behind the scenes.
>>
File: images (32).jpg (21KB, 470x313px) Image search: [Google]
images (32).jpg
21KB, 470x313px
>>387876063
They get it back from Eli
There was another level which was like Lord of the Flies
Punished Snek accidentally shoots him, and then Eli gets the virus
PS leaves the island with the MG and leave a gun with one bullet for Eli, but Psycho mantis takes it out of eli
>>
>>387876036
the patriots didnt exist until some time after mgsv, unless you were referring to the actual human patriots of zero and BB et al. although he worked for zero on more than one occasion i wouldnt necessarily call him a stooge for zero
>>
>>387866119
it had the best gameplay of the entire series.
>>
>>387875952
Literally the only character who managed to break free of the patriots/cipher with any degree of success was ocelot, and that was the result of some serious mindfuckery.
>>
>>387876523

oh boy here comes this meme again
>>
>>387876579
But did anyone know what the fuck his end game was?
>>
>>387868348
>Pull child soldiers out of a warzone and not take advantage of them

LEWD
>>
>>387876635
No him

But the controls were tight, weapons were quality, sneaking was good

It was only missing the slow crawl
>>
File: i'm sorry.png (591KB, 670x630px) Image search: [Google]
i'm sorry.png
591KB, 670x630px
>>387876637

To free Boss from the coma Zero's group put him in after Metal Gear 2. Taken before Ocelot could confess his great love for him.
>>
>>387876718

>But the controls were tight, weapons were quality, sneaking was good

Oh boy i sure am glad we had these tight controls and quality weapons for infiltrating two-tent, four guy outposts in two empty maps over and over again. Fucking edge of the seat gameplay, senpai.

>sneaking was good
>you just circle the fucking outpost
>wallhacking companions
>the "soldier sort of sees me, but not really" indicator

get the fuck out of here seriously
>>
>>387876904
Aw yeah
>>
>>387876956
Gameplay /= level design retard
>>
>>387876718

It was only missing all of the finer details and little quirks they'd implemented over the years on the old engine.

It was only missing the live theater mechanics MGS 4 had.
>>
>>387876635
Oh boy here comes the butthurt
>>
>MGS4 had two enemy sides fighting and you had to sneak through them
>MGSV has a huge open battlefield during a war and there's no sides fighting one another

gay
>>
Like clockwork.

Every single one of these threads follow the five stages of grief
>>
>>387865430
Why did the guard turn on the radio?
>>
>>387876637
Taking out the patriots was his endgame.
he did it.
>>
>>387874568
>>387870550
I can explain it, but it involves spoilers
>>
>>387875952
One of the truth tapes also says 2+2=5. I'd say there are more references sprinkled throughout.
>>
>>387877346

The closest we've come to imitating it so far is through a glitch in the Infinite Heaven mod where enemy choppers on patrol will target animals under certain conditions, like if a bear decides to go full ham on a couple of foot patrols. You could be nearby doing your own thing when you think that chopper (or two) is coming over to fuck you up when they'll stall around and decide to target something way off in the distance and the alarms sound for it.

Actually got me excited at first until I found out what was going on.

We need a bear insurrection against the Soviets and PMCs.

THE TRUE SOLUTION COULD BE TO FIND A WAY TO REPLACE ANIMAL IDS WITH SOLDIERS.
>>
Seriously jot this down it could lead to something.
The only limitation is how many NPCs you can have in an area total until memory runs out and the engine crashes.
>>
>>387877667
>>387877743

let it go anon it's over the game is over the series is over
>>
>>387878157

It's only over when tinman declares he's done updating IH.
>>
>>387878365

Infinite Heaven doesn't make MGSV less boring or unengaging. It's the Fallout 4 situtation - there's just nothing there to be fixed by mods, it's a very empty and shallow game in all respects.
>>
Bad game, sexiest renditions of characters.

Agree?
>>
>>387878934

It's over.
>>
>>387865430
This is supposed to be the snake eater ladder. How the fuck did Kojima think letting a full song play out in the middle of a conversation and have the characters be silent for no appearant reason, just to pick up the conversation again as soon as the song ends, was a clever idea? It would have made so much more sense if they just tied Punished Snake up and threw him in the back of a truck while the song plays out.
>>
>such a lust for snacking
>SCOOOOOOOB
>>
>>387879620
I prefer the intense eyes and chiseled faces of previous games desu
>>
File: BB.png (539KB, 437x626px) Image search: [Google]
BB.png
539KB, 437x626px
>>387879620
Yes
>>
>>387870550
You're just retarded, anon
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.