[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

File: meme_games_445.jpg (81KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
meme_games_445.jpg
81KB, 1600x900px
>>
File: 1492006515.png (1MB, 850x1201px) Image search: [Google]
1492006515.png
1MB, 850x1201px
>>387864413
"Male" protagonist was too feminine
>>
File: fresh mint.jpg (74KB, 1024x676px) Image search: [Google]
fresh mint.jpg
74KB, 1024x676px
>>387864413
good bait
>>
File: 1492114694560.png (2MB, 1000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
1492114694560.png
2MB, 1000x1414px
>>387864521
He said "wrong"
>>
>>387864413
IS... THIS... THE... POWER... OF... THE... SWITCH?
>>
>>387864413
repetitive shrines? not too much to complain about though
>>
>>387864413
Your birth
>>
File: 7251171.jpg (149KB, 1199x930px) Image search: [Google]
7251171.jpg
149KB, 1199x930px
On a gameplay perspective, I would say that it's incredibly solid, and probably up there with some of the best. It does get rather tedious knowing that you'll only ever really find shrines or seeds if you explore though, making there be a seemingly lack of variety in the content.

Where it really lacks though is the story and characters, and it's so painfully obvious. None of the characters really get that much screentime, and it all feels very rushed. In previous Zelda games, you usually got to know characters pretty well, but in BotW, characters like Teba have two or three scenes before disappearing altogether.
Hell, popular characters like Sidon and Kass don't even really have much going on with them outside of their designs. It would have been nice to really get to know these characters a lot more. I thought the champion successors would be the new pilots of the Divine Beasts, but nope, just the ghosts of your friends who are dead by the time the game begins.
>>
>>387865098
>In previous Zelda games, you usually got to know characters pretty well
Bull shit.

What Magical Zelda Game has this great character screen time? The best off the top of my head is Midna. You get some good atmosphere in MM but most interactions don't last long. Otherwise BotW is pretty on par for character screen time when it comes to zeldas.
>>
>>387864413
Nothing
>>
>>387864413
The rain, my fucking God the rain. At first it's novel, soon you just get angry. In fact.... all of the weather shit is actually really annoying and gimmicky
>>
>>387866060

This. Zelda rarely has deep characters. Just little props that get a whole 10 lines of text.

That isn't the point of a Zelda game though, so it's never an issue, and besides, the voiced little speech from the King's spirit is probably the best bit of dialogue you'll ever get in a Zelda title.
>>
>>387867547

>entire game revolves around climbing
>it's raining!
>game becomes unplayable

It would have made so much more sense to have stamina drain faster from gripping harder in the moisture. I know this is less realistic, but it'd also be a whole hell of a lot more fun to play.
>>
>>387865098
You're joking right? This is literally one of the most story driven Zelda's around.

Every significant character gets like 3-5 long ass cut scenes, and all of the memories together make for more than enough story telling.

I think you're mistaking the rushed feeling for a lack of explicitness, there is a lot in the memories that takes some inferring before its specifically alluded to.
>>
>>387867547
>>387867676

>having trouble climbing in the rain

you do know you're supposed to time your jumps right? Pretty much any major cliff or wall has a path you can scale rain or shine
>>
>>387864413
>More and longer dungeons by cutting shrine numbers to half or only a third
>Better music, my god does it get boring
>Less rain, it becomes annoying
>>
>>387864413
I would say it's not something that's wrong technically, just things that suffer because of the setting.

The game has a bare-bones setting thematically, being somewhat of a post apocalyptic world, and one that is closely tied with nature, so places feel empty.

But honestly, it just makes me excited for the next Zelda game, when they can take this world design and chock it full of content, especially dungeons.
>>
>>387864413
Everything.
>>
File: zelda1-ageofchaos.jpg (783KB, 3153x1163px) Image search: [Google]
zelda1-ageofchaos.jpg
783KB, 3153x1163px
>>387864413
>Lack of real dungeons
>Voice acting
>Overworld is too big with not enough good content to fill it
>Weapon degradation
>Shrines were good but too many of them were repeats like the combat shrines
>Not enough enemy types
>No fauna enemies despite the game having a focus on nature
>bad protag designs when compared to previous games, look to OoT or SS for better ones

The sequel should change Towers into dungeons/palaces that you need to beat before acquiring the region map
>>
>>387864616
He makes me feel wrong so its wrong
>>
>>387864413
It got emulated fast allowing anyone to play and post opinions on it outside the usual small group of invested dedicated fans thus exposing it as not that great early on before it could be solidified as a classic by years of only good reviews from the previously mentioned invested fans.
>>
File: deadhand.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
deadhand.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>387864413
The same enemies over and over. Nothing scary whatsoever. This game has no Bottom of the Well.
>>
>>387868216

The OST for BotW is fucking garbage.

Also, yes, some more dungeons would have been nice. Or make fewer shrines, but make the shrines themselves more interesting/challenging.
>>
>>387870214
>The OST for BotW is fucking garbage.
What OST?
>>
>>387870017
I would want something scary again but let's be honest. Even if they tried that you'd all just say it's lame and not scary at all. No matter what they did.
>>
File: 1468869629560.jpg (108KB, 835x773px) Image search: [Google]
1468869629560.jpg
108KB, 835x773px
Most of the things you encounter in the game are all good, there's just a real lack of variety and uniqueness to everything. First time you encounter a Lynel or Hinox it's great, 10th it gets boring. I want the next game to have:

>twice as many enemies
>enemies that only appear in certain regions
>unique minibosses that can only be found in one spot on the map
>more events like the yiga hideout
>caves
>2 more towns than botw's map
>more unique NPC's traveling the world

Especially that last one. The overworld feels so empty and not lived in, in Hyrule Field you'll literally only encounter the same 2 NPCs every single time and they're always fighting a Bokoblin no matter where they are. I wish the world was loaded with NPCs climbing mountains and traveling around and you can actually interact with them, maybe travel together.

Also more unique NPC designs. The guy who races you up the mountain has quirky dialogue but then his model is literally a generic balding man, like they just got too lazy to design him and just grabbed a random model from the stable characters.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.