[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8

File: daggerfall.jpg (138KB, 1024x639px) Image search: [Google]
daggerfall.jpg
138KB, 1024x639px
Can't remember the last time I saw a daggerfall thread. I just got into this game a few days ago and I'm having lots of fun. Can anyone recommend me what are the best things you can do for fun in this game beside random questing?z

Also, pic isn't my screenshot but related nontheless. I went into a dungeon looking for a little girl taken by orcs, and all I found was skeleton after skeleton, some rats and bats, and an ancient vampire (I'm level 2). Am I in for more of this type of thing?
>>
daggerfall is fun
>>
Whoa these graphics look amazing, what's there to do in daggerfall first because I get it though?
>>
How the fuck do you advance in the Mages' Guild? I joined, everyone is being an asshole to me and refusing me the good services.
>>
File: 1469398601222.jpg (59KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
1469398601222.jpg
59KB, 655x527px
>>387856897
>what's there to do in daggerfall first because I get it though?
could you elaborate anon
>>
>>387857705
What is there to do? Just dungeon crawl and quests?
>>
>>387857859
Well you can dungeon crawl, quest, do the main quest, etc. You can also try joining up with a faction and trying to work for them, become a werebear/wolf, or a vampire. Taking a loan from a bank and running for the hills is also an option, I suppose. Just do what you find fun.
>>
>>387858105
Sounds good to me.
>>
File: daggerfall female.png (37KB, 646x432px) Image search: [Google]
daggerfall female.png
37KB, 646x432px
Post your characters boys
>tfw tes won't have good looking women without mods again
>>
File: screenshott.png (70KB, 642x396px) Image search: [Google]
screenshott.png
70KB, 642x396px
>>387859004
>playing as a girl
What are you, gay?
>>
>>387856575
I would really like remakes of the old Elder Scroll games, Oblivion is still playable, but Morrowin is already a bit dated for me.

Say what you will about Skyrim's many and obvious problems but it was fun and pretty damn gorgeous compared to previous entries.

Who knows what they could do in PS4/PS5 and all of Tamriel deserves to come to lifein such a way.

So yeah, either revisit High Rock sometime or remake Daggerfall.
>>
>>387860087
>remake Daggerfall.
As much as I would love this, that means redoing all the procedural generation in a new engine, which would likely take a shitton of work when Bethesda can pump out a nuScrolls or whatever the fuck Starfield will be for more money.

At least there's that team remaking Daggerfall in the unity engine.
>>
File: 1493520211997.png (37KB, 220x284px) Image search: [Google]
1493520211997.png
37KB, 220x284px
>>387856575
>Can anyone recommend me what are the best things you can do for fun in this game beside random questing?
All you do in Daggerfall is run the same randomized modules over and over again. There is nothing else besides fucking around in towns.
>I went into a dungeon looking for a little girl taken by orcs, and all I found was skeleton after skeleton, some rats and bats, and an ancient vampire (I'm level 2)
The procgen is extremely broken. Sometimes it is impossible to find a quest objective. Most of the time the dungeons are just so large and lack any coherent design that it is very very difficult to find a specific thing without spending hours upon hours methodically searching or using console commands.

http://wiwiki.wiwiland.net/index.php?title=Daggerfall_:_DaggerfallSetup_EN
Here is the link for the version that runs on modern OS for anyone that is interested. If there is one positive thing I can say about the game, it's that there is no other game that can make me feel genuinely lost like this does.
>>
>>387860087
>I would really like the design philosophy of X game to be completely watered down and ruined because I am too lazy to play games that require effort
Nah.
>>
File: CustomTerrain.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
CustomTerrain.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>387860087
>>387860320
Have you guys been living under a rock?

There is a whole community out there working on redoing Daggerfall with the Unity Engine, literally remaking the entire game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS2SjqpEQtQ
>>
>>387861046
read my post again>>387860320
>>
File: kIKdwul.jpg (132KB, 944x526px) Image search: [Google]
kIKdwul.jpg
132KB, 944x526px
>>387861046
The shit that is already implemented is fucking amazing.
>>
File: FixedFloatingTrees.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FixedFloatingTrees.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>387861340
>>
Ya, a lot of the quests are fetch stuff or variations of it.

Daggerfall has some issues like the bugs (use the UESP version which has a custom launcher that bypasses dos commands and has bug patces) and the texture repetition (there's only about 6 real biomes/tilesets spread over the kingdoms along with variations and crosses between the biomes like Dak'From which is desert with no fauna or Phrygias which is a cross between the regular woodlands and the taiga mountains found in the Wrothgarian Mountains.

Despite this the game was huge for 1996 standards and it's still probably one of the closest things you can get to a simulated board game because of how open it is. You can buy a ship and property, take out a massive loan and don't pay it back in some shithole kingdom, become an acrobat jumping from roof to roof, become a flying horseman, become a thief etc.

The quests themselves all follow templates apart from the MQ which vary depending on the faction you're doing it. Quests from Innkeepers are pretty varied, Fighter's guild quests are basic contracts, Thieve's Guild quests are revolved around stealing items, etc.
>>
>>387858105
You can also jump on the fucking roofs. It's a very important part of the game for me.
>>
>>387860883
I just think the game and the whole region of Daggerfall deserves better than being forgotten because its game got old.

I've played plenty of old games, but even I have a limit. Most gamers do. Liking new thing isn't bad if it respects the original.

Its like the FF7 remake, would it be bad to prefer it over the original if it kept it intact except for the new gameplay and the updated graphics?

Daggerfall would also need a serious rework gameplay, not because it is bad as it is, but because we should strive to do better now that the possibility is within reach. It deserves as much.

>>387861046
Niceu.
>>
>>387862083
>Its like the FF7 remake, would it be bad to prefer it over the original if it kept it intact except for the new gameplay and the updated graphics?
Yes, because the game is designed around the gameplay. The FF7 remake will be nothing like the original except for the general plot. They will be two COMPLETELY different games with the same basic story. Would you re-shoot an old movie because it's in black and white? Did you get lost on the way to reddit?
>>
anyone remember that boilerplate guy on youtube who had lots of tutorials and stuff on the game?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.