[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Games you hate that everyone else loves MGS. It controls

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

ITT: Games you hate that everyone else loves

MGS. It controls like shit, stealth actually barely matters, and the story's pretentious. Twin Snakes controls better, but all the stuff added in makes it easy as shit. I honestly don't get why people like it, especially over 3 or 4, except that the voice acting is surprisingly good for a ps1 game.
>>
like every 5th gen game that is 3d. shit like tomb raider, fear effect, twisted metal, super mario 64, wwf no mercy. etc. they just arent fun and aged like dog shit
>>
>>387855795
SM64 has aged incredibly well in terms of controls.
>>
>>387855645

I'm with you, OP. I want to finish MGS so I can drudge through to MGS 3 and then eventually MGS 5 but it's painful.

It doesn't help that X is cancel and O is confirm in MGS1 because Japan and PS1 games.
>>
>>387855645
>and the story's pretentious

Fucking THIS.

Japanese shouldn't be allowed to write storylines.
>>
>>387855645
people like it because it was their first MGS game.

It's my favorite. One of my top 5 games of all time. But I'd still rather play 4 or even V over it.
>>
Are you are you telling me that 15 minute expository monologues where characters make sure not a single theme or symbol goes unexplained is bad storytelling?
>>
File: 12145549632.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
12145549632.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>mfw watching the ending for MGS4
>>
Dragons dogma
Pathologic
Morrowind
LOS:Ocarina of time
Total war:warhammer
Breddy much
>>
>>387857343
I forgot nier automata
>>
>>387855645
Looks like you're comparing it to other games in the same series despite it being entirely different, since it plays more like an Action game with a good setting and story.
>controls like shit
Outside of push sensitivity and 4-way walking controls are at least reliable once you get them down. The two issues mentioned are only there because the time period the game was released in.
>stealth barely matters
Despite the title Tactical Espionage Action the "stealth" elements are just simple means to avoid combat and keep the minimap up which is important for getting through areas quickly and effectively. Some paths are locked when in Alert anyhow.
>story is pretentious
It's intentionally cheesy, it either works for you or it doesn't and Japan really enjoys it. The entire series has this (perhaps aside from 3), and you can at least say there's only one superpowered psychic boss in the game.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.