[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MediEvil Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

File: th2SYOWYGL.jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
th2SYOWYGL.jpg
9KB, 300x168px
I just saw the name "Sir Daniel" in another thread and I said to myself "Why not making a MediEvil thread?"
>Is there a good one available on PSN?
>Is there anything for a new game?
>best medievil game?
sorry for the excitement, that's a game I haven't heard since my childhood
>>
rip MediEvil you will be missed
>>
>>387850030
RIP
>>
File: Screenshot-2016-05-14-07-56-11.jpg (267KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-2016-05-14-07-56-11.jpg
267KB, 800x600px
>story
ME1 > ME2 >>>>>>>>>> MER
>atmosphere
ME1 = ME2 > MER
>music
>ME2 >MER > ME1
>levels
ME2 > ME1 > MER
>weapons
ME1 > ME2 > MER

I'd love a current gen medievil done properly game but I doubt we'll ever get one.
>>
File: 1499282953019.jpg (511KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1499282953019.jpg
511KB, 1280x720px
>>387850030
Unfortunately the studio that developed MediEvil was closed not too long ago. I think it was end of last year/beginning of this year. Was it Guerilla Cambridge? Something like that. There is really no way that a new MediEvil is ever gonna come out, anon. I'm really sorry. I probably wish more than anybody for a new one to come out as I have played the first one in ridiculous sessions with my brother who passed away and I would give anything to be able to sit down, play a new MediEvil at night and just imagine he's playing through it with me.
>>
>Sir Dan's last appearence was in a shit crossover, along with Parappa and Kakeru
>>
Is Resurrection just that worse than the original? Because it's fucking boring. Never played the originals on ps1
>>387851454
I like to pretend psasbr doesn't exist
>>
>>387851065
>I'd love a current gen medievil done properly game but I doubt we'll ever get one.
I'd love ANY action adventure game like that. Good games like that just aren't made anymore, everything is a multiplayer FPS or microtransactions. Fuck modern video games.
>>
>>387851773
It's much worse, mainly because it gets the humor and atmosphere completely wrong.
>>
Man, MediEvil's pretty well liked 'round these parts.

>>387851142

>look it up
>it's true

I didn't even know. This is genuinely depressing.
>>
>yfw medievil 3 was gonna be a parody of a song of ice and fire before it was canceled
>>
>>387851773
>>387851995
The original is gothic horror fantasy with a sprinkling of comedy, the PSP version goes batshit with the comedy element and changes the artstyle to a pretty dull tim burton nightmare before christmas. They also added in a ton of crappy minigames and an annoying as fuck imp thing that lives in your head and tells you where to go in case you get lost, like the medievil games needed them cause they're straightforward as fuck. Other than that it looks great for a PSP game.

The music in the remake is however great and the one real saving grace. It's done by the same composers, this time with a full orchestra.
>>
>>387851773

I've never played Resurrection but everything I've seen and heard of it outside of maybe some of its OST suggests that it should be avoided like the plague compared to the original.
>>
>>387851773
I played it, it's not very good, but if you really want more medievil it's better than nothing. It's terrible as a remake but if you just see it as a lazy sequel that reuses the plot of the first game it's somewhat tolerable
>>
File: 1503033760207s.jpg (2KB, 125x118px) Image search: [Google]
1503033760207s.jpg
2KB, 125x118px
>>387852296
what

I always wondered what they could possibly set Medievil 3 in, either as some sort of alternate universe deal (like going back to a gallowmere where zarok won or something) or going somewhere else in time with the time machine from ME2. Maybe he gets dumped back in celtic britain with roman zombies or something.
>>
>>387852179
What I find really depressing is that there was quite some media feedback when that fake footage and gameplay of a supposedly new MediEvil came out a few years ago but Sony still didn't take that as a hint to start development on a new MediEvil.
>>
File: 1422161340390.gif (395KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1422161340390.gif
395KB, 200x150px
it will happen eventually.
it will at least get the Bandicoot remaster treatment.
possibly a real sequel for 40ish bucks.
its just a matter of when and not if.
>>
>>387851065
I thought Resurrection was z remake of 1?
>>
>>387850030
one is better than two in almost every way imo
never played Resurrection so idk if it's good or not
>>
File: 23b.png (35KB, 517x476px) Image search: [Google]
23b.png
35KB, 517x476px
>>387852628
Keep believing, brother. I will do anyway. Every now and then I type in MediEvil into Google. I know that there never will be any news but I like to keep doing it as I know that when I stop there will be no hope left and Sir Daniel Fortesque will forever be gone.
>>
File: 1436027389233.jpg (66KB, 850x565px) Image search: [Google]
1436027389233.jpg
66KB, 850x565px
>>387852179
>Man, MediEvil's pretty well liked 'round these parts.
the underage part of /v/ is busy shitposting in a pubg thread to come here
>>
>>387852579
>>387852404
>>387851995
I didn't have fun one bit with resurrection, what's good about the original? >>387852628
If only every major dead Sony IP got the bandicoot remaster treatment
The Parappa HD remaster was fucking abysmal
>>
>>387853176
It fucked up the level design of the existing levels, fucked up the god tier atmosphere, focused too much on the humor, made the game too easy, and the new levels weren't very good
>>
I used to play it years ago along with Crash and Spyro, but never finished it. I remember getting my ass kicked by a giant pumpkin boss.

I replayed both Crash and Spyro this year so I might as well finish Medievil this halloween, thanks for reminding me OP.
>>
MR. APPLE FOR PSABR 2
>>
>>387852857
People shit on 2 a lot, but I think apart from the story a lot of things were a definite upgrade.

The levels are longer, more complex and better designed, though fewer in number. Whitechapel, Wolfrum Hall or The Freakshow are better than any of the levels from Medievil 1. The hand-holes add a lot of extra hidden parts to earlier levels and gives you a reason to actually return to them. I also think the music is generally more memorable, but that's just subjective.
>>
>>387853473
Alright, I'll give the original a try
what's with the psp and shit remakes. It should have never been an option when the ps3 was around the corner
>>
>>387853871
one of my biggest problems with that game is that health fountains are finite, which I'm pretty sure wasn't the case in 1
that has more to do with me being bad though I guess
best thing about 2 was the vampire level
>>
>>387853993
They were in 1 as well.
>>
>>387854181
alright then I guess I'm just bad at medievil 2. probably part of the reason why I don't like it
there are other reasons. I prefer getting new weapons from gods and legends than from that goofy ass professor. but again, that's just my opinion
>>
>>387853993
The vampire level is the best level in Medievil 2, by a massive longshot. The vampire burning puzzles were hectic as fuck when they came out while you were trying to push them into sunlight.

I think the puzzles in 2 are way better as well, the ones the first game were pretty brain dead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYil0_NByJE
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.