[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How's your civilization going, /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 10

File: civ5.jpg (414KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
civ5.jpg
414KB, 1000x1000px
How's your civilization going, /v/?
>>
awful
>>
Which one? I played Inca, Maya, Celts, Rome and Babylon this week.
>>
I don't get it

>playing as Chinese something
>Brazil keeps declaring war on me but with the Chinese unit able to bring them down pretty fast
>France has always been friendly
>France declares war on me randomly
>Get shit stomped since I was trying to do a cultural victory
>>
>>387851947
If you're playing 5, Napoleon has a backstabbing personality so it's not surprising.
>>
>>387850028

I downloaded Vox Populi.

What a mistake that was. I went from top civ to losing in under 50 turns from happiness suddenly plummeting in the modern era
>>
>>387851947
>cultural victory
you deserve it
>>
File: 1422124573219.jpg (44KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1422124573219.jpg
44KB, 500x375px
>tfw too much of a casual to ever play strategy games
>>
File: smac.jpg (214KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
smac.jpg
214KB, 1024x768px
quite well thanks for asking
>>
>>387851947

The computer is always trying to backstab you. No matter what civ they're playing. You just need to have a higher military than they do and they will leave you alone. Or, if you are going more economic/culture focused, bribe them to attack another civ.
>>
>Be Maya
>Spam Settlers and Pyramids
>Found First Religion based on Happiness and Gold
>Own about 19 cities before my rivals have 5.
>Snag Pagodas and Mosques. Piety boost to 2 tourism per religious building
>Win cultural victory before anyone researches gunpowder

Maya is anti-effort.
>>
>>387853145

That's what happens when you play on Prince or lower. But yes, even on higher difficulties, Maya are the best civ. Inca following close behind. They are the versatile civs that can do anything.
>>
>>387853323
I almost exclusively play on prince, where my civ and my enemy's civ produce the same things at the same rate. I sort of play Civ in a comfy way where I don't want to exert too much effort, but I want the events to have some impact. Any easier or harder sort of reduces the impact.

Only time I go higher difficulty is for achievements.
>>
File: 289070_20170805210032_1.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
289070_20170805210032_1.png
2MB, 1600x900px
...I really enjoy Civ 6.

I know it has its various flaws. But i love empire building in it more then 5 with the districts and wonder placements.
>>
>>387853712
it looks shit tho
>>
>>387853426

I know what you mean, except I play on Emperor. I can play on Deity, but I just hate that shit about the AI getting a free city. Especially since they also get enough free gold to buy a second settler. So they have out two cities by turn 20.

>>387853712

It has a ton of good ideas and even fixes a few issues Civ V had. But the Technologies track needs fixing and I can't stand the movement restrictions. Hopefully both will get fixed with the expansion.
>>
>Play Aztecs
>Literally shit culture while rushing Great Wall
>Declare war on everyone
>Watch them suicide into your capital giving you even more culture

I love this game why did I just now decide to get into it?
>>
File: sad luigi.png (61KB, 199x224px) Image search: [Google]
sad luigi.png
61KB, 199x224px
Although not the best at it, I really do enjoy and respect grand strategy games. I really like Civ 5, but I just get to enthralled and absorbed and hours pass by. I work, so I can't be doing this (plus other normie shit yeah yeah whatever).

I know a guy with a qt gf who plays nothing but GS games. I'm talking 250-800 hours into so many different strategy games. You name, he's probably played them all. I respect that a shit ton.

I wish I never found out about League of Legends. That game owns all of my vidya time, and I don't like it.
>>
File: smug frog.jpg (216KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
smug frog.jpg
216KB, 1024x768px
top qt
>>
>>387854346

I play games like Civ specifically to stay away from MMOs and MOBAs. And I got my MMO obsessed friend to do the same, now all he plays is Civ.
>>
File: 289070_20170814170926_1.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
289070_20170814170926_1.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>387854025
I dont like the art style either. But its not so bad when your playing. And when you have fully built up empires and such it can look rather busy.

>>387854048
Yeah its far from perfect. Although i rather like the movement changes. Lets you protect some units easier. Also gives horses a little more usefulness with the extra mobility. My biggest issue is with the districts and the way you can snowball tech or culture in the game tends to speed the game up too much at times. On higher difficulty levels its usual for the AI to be building space ports in the 1500-1600's if they are left alone.
>>
I played it again last week. Got bored before Astonomy as Germany, tried as the Aztecs, got bored before Knights, tried as the Japanese, got bored before classical age.
>>
Just wrapped tithings up with an air war/nuclear strike on a South American Ghandi after taking on Persia to protect Siam in Europe.
>>
Anyone recommend me a game that's similar to Civ except the game more or less never ends? Or takes a very long time? I did a round of Civ V on the slowest speed and that was some of the most fun I've had but I still completed it pretty quickly. And it was also too easy since the AI is not suited for games that long.

Basically something that would be akin to playing a round of Civ for thousands of turns except the AI doesn't go full retard once the game is over and the drama continues to be palpable between the political forces.
>>
>>387855714

Play Civ with everything but domination victory turned off.

Or play a war based RPG with a 40+ hour story.
>>
>>387854824
You're right, the game is much better in motion. There's a free demo but I still haven biten the bullet because Civ IV exists.
>>
File: 1499928419354.jpg (27KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
1499928419354.jpg
27KB, 150x150px
>>387852684
*dissenting intensifies*
>>
File: 7896876.jpg (370KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
7896876.jpg
370KB, 1920x1080px
>>387855714
>Anyone recommend me a game that's similar to Civ except the game more or less never ends?
I recommend Civ V, and just turn the settings to marathon/ huge map/ no win conditions
immortal at least
>>
File: hol up.jpg (83KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hol up.jpg
83KB, 1280x720px
*smacks lips*
>>
>>387856301

>let's combine the Maya, Egypt and Inca together into one civ
>It's not overpowered at all!
>>
>>387856414
they made her OP to get people to set aside the kang ugliness to get people to play her
>>
>>387856521

When you play a civ, you don't see their leader. So your logic makes no sense. You want to not play the civs you want to oogle.
>>
>>387856635
Have some imagination anon, I don't want to imagine that as my leader as I win the game.
>>
>>387850028
>2/3 of picture taken up with things that only appear in the closing stages of the game and usually too late to be used
I feel lied to
>>
>>387856269

Hey fuckhead read what I said again.

The AI is complete dogshit after the game ends and the player even on deity will surpass and slaughter every single city and civ unopposed with no barrier or challenge. And marathon speed is still not very long. I can hammer that shit out in a night easily. Turning off all win conditions will only make the AI more incompetent. The problem is that civ is not a game that is designed for continuous play. You achieve the victory conditions (or with victory turned off, conditions for the player to snowball into immortality) and then you scrap the save and move on. Which only takes one long gaming session to do.

I would like a game that's more oriented to long term strategy.
>>
>>387855714
Civ 4, I think, is more suited to longer playthroughs because the ai feels a lot better (they stay friends with you if you declare war on someone they don't care about for example). I find Civ 5 easier to just set up and play for a couple of hours though.
>>
>>387857113
>in a night easily
lol ok
>>
>>387851854
There's absolutely no reason to use Babylon when Korea exists
>>
I miss the wonder paintings in civ 5
the little video that plays showing it being built is cool I guess, but those painting made it seem so much more prestigious
>>
I really, really enjoy culture victories. Something about just completely subverting my enemies attempt at art and music really makes my dick hard.
>>
>>387857431

Babylon is about going wide while spamming science and military. Korea is about going tall and focusing Science wonders. They are very different. I usually prefer tall civs, but I've been wanting to play wide recently.
>>
>>387857694

Culture victory should be called domination. And Domination victory should be called military victory.

>>387857513

I miss them too. The building scenes just break the flow of the game but the paintings seem to add to it.
>>
From caveman to cosmos desu
>>
>>387854346
>tfw have ~400 hours in both ck2 and Victoria 2
>>
>>387855714
uhh that one CIv IV mod
>>
>Playing VI
>Extended the early eras
>Been batting America with the same force of slingers and warriors for WAN MIRRION turns
>There's only two tiles my units can occupy
>Washington is across a river from them
>The chokepoint is occupied by a constant cycling of American slingers and warriors from their reserve of the units they've been spamming
>The only other access to American soil is occupied by a train of Australian and Spanish settlers too confused to actually found a city

I'm considering declaring trilateral war just so I can end Roosevelt and move on with my life
>>
>>387856301
>>387856521

I think her and Poland are the hottest girls in the game. Cleopatra looks like a skank and Catherine is a bitch. Victoria is hot too though.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.