[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a good game.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Metroid_II_US_boxart.jpg (71KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Metroid_II_US_boxart.jpg
71KB, 640x640px
This is a good game.
>>
>>387843490
Yes.
>>
>>387843490
Cool
>>
its ok

its worse fort wear being on the tiny GB screen, and it could really use a map. Made a lot of good additions to the series though and samus's suit looks great ingame
>>
Agreed. It was the second game in the series so there wasn't really any definitive traits for a Metroid game at the time (as far as the gameplay goes). It was its own thing and ended up being good at what it tried to do. Then the AM2R developers clearly missed the point of the original game and turned it into a shitty version of Zero Mission.
>>
That's exactly why they chose this game for Samus' Return
>>
>>387843490
Are there any hacks that let you play it higher than 32*32?
>>
>>387843889
I agree that the resolution was a bit small but the original game didn't need a map. The world was pretty small so it's not too difficult to find your way around and kill every Metroid. The game even intentionally prevents you from progressing until you kill every Metroid in an area and the game is pretty linear in that you only ever delve deeper into the planets surface rather than having to backtrack. So your search space is limited to whichever area you're in. Also each area had one entry/exit point and the areas weren't inter-connected so anyone with a basic sense of direction shouldn't have gotten lost. The only issue is that if you stop playing halfway through for a long time and then come back to your savefile, it's pretty difficult to pick up where you left off. But the game is pretty short anyway so that's a non-issue.
>>
>>387843490
Of course, the first three Metroid games, in general, were great.
>>
It puffs my jigglies when people tell newcomers to the series to skip Metroid II and go straight to AM2R.
>>
>>387843998
>a metroid 2 thread? Yes! I get to bitch about AM2R.

That's what you sound like, anon. You could have just talked about Metroid II, but noooo. You had to get your panties in a bunch.

Metroid II doesn't hold up anymore, but was great back then.
>>
>>387843490
The game has an atmosphere that will never be replicated
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.