[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dark Soles 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: 144435346467546.png (812KB, 1237x629px) Image search: [Google]
144435346467546.png
812KB, 1237x629px
So what the fuck happened to the Bearer of the Curse and Aldia? Now that the series is over, (without a conclusive answer or even a HINT of them in the final game), will we EVER know?
>>
time is ovulated
>>
Story in Souls games is like story in Zelda games.
People like to pretend it's some deep, interesting stuff, but that's just a meme.
The real answer is none of it matters because it was just tacked on later as an excuse for the players to go level to level killing things.
>>
>>387840872
they got retconned for being in a shitty game
>>
>>387840872
it was a perfect storm of shit that went wrong.

-The first director didn't know what he was doing

-the game was originally more open world, Bamco said "no, make it more like Dark Souls 1" so they had to start over

-the game was developed primarily for PC due to the DaS PC port's popularity, and to avoid PC porting issues again

-consoles couldn't handle the game when they tried porting it over, and they basically had to start over AGAIN, remaking all of the assets and downgrading everything

-all this within a standard videogame development schedule, with very little if any extra time, meaning they hit crunch time and had to scrap tons of content and re-arrange what they had ready in a presentable, at least somewhat sensible way

-the team that worked on DS1 collectively moved over to BB after DS1 was finished, which was the moment B Team memed themselves into existence

-DaS2 is full of small King's Field nods that really make it feel like less of a DaS1 sequel and more like a King's Field sequel.

-Tanimura told us what the point was in the design works interview. That being that they had to scrap their plans for the original map and slot locations that were already finished into a much smaller one regardless of where they were supposed to be originally.

-Instead of Black Gulch there was a sequence of areas you had to traverse that included colapsed, upside down buildings, huge broken down statues of Nashandra, a cave with a dragon skeleton impaled on stalagmites and more.
>>
File: HNNNNNNNNNNNG.jpg (61KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
HNNNNNNNNNNNG.jpg
61KB, 736x736px
>>387840872
>>387841584
are lore youtubers the biggest cucks in existence?
they somehow scrap together obscure lines in item descriptions and LARP that from actually put effort into story and it was deep.
>>
>>387840872

Still better than 3
>>
File: 1342345465757567.png (814KB, 1903x933px) Image search: [Google]
1342345465757567.png
814KB, 1903x933px
>>387841829
>are lore youtubers the biggest cucks in existence?

Cucks? Have you seen Vaati's patreon right now? Even WELL AFTER he went out of relevance?
>>
>>387841707
That's depressing. I'm kinda glad the series is over now.
>>
Here's my autistic headcanon.

I thought Aldia was one of the big tree stumps you encounter in the demon ruins under smoldering lake.

I also think that Bearer of the Curse is Wolnir

>collects crowns and combines them all into his own
>>
File: High_Lord_Wolnir_6.png (607KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
High_Lord_Wolnir_6.png
607KB, 1000x563px
>>387843285
>I also think that Bearer of the Curse is Wolnir
>>collects crowns and combines them all into his own

Wolnir doesn't make sense as the BOTC because his lore specifies that the crowns he "crushed into one" were the crowns of Carthas lords:

"Once upon a time, each of the rightful lords of Carthus were bestowed crowns judiciously, until Wolnir brought them all to their knees, and conquered most kingdoms known to their people. Thus, the crowns of Carthus became one, and Wolnir the one High Lord.

Also what a fucking shity, anticlimactic way to end the BOTC's story that would be, relegated to a mere random boss fight in the sequel.
>>
>>387841829
bloodborne and DS1 objectively have a well done story, DS2 has some interesting stuff in the dlc at least.

DS3 is just boring because 90% of shit is just told to you directly anyway, vagueness be dammed. Its still fun, but felt like a step backwards.
>>
>>387843285
>>387844373
There's also the fact that Wolnir is clearly dead/hallowed, when the BotC is eternal.
>>
>>387844560
DS2 is more like DeS in this aspect, the overall plot is nothing interesting really, but the lore and stories behind specific locations can be damn good
>>
>>387844865
i would agree with that for DS2, though i only got as far as Phalanx in DeS so far
>>
>>387842536
He literally stole his scripts word for word
>>
>>387840872
>>387841659
>>387843285
>>387844373
>>387844560
>>387844763
Ds2 takes place in an entirely different continent, there isnt really any call for him to be in Lordran/Lothric
>>
>>387845221
did he? proof or are you just memeimg?
>>
>>387845431
Theres a vid out there with more proof than I can remember, I'll see if I can find it
>>
>>387845431
>>387845507
I can't find 'the' video but theres a few videos discussing the "Vaatividya controversy". Not sure if thats going over all the stuff the original did but its probably enough for you.
>>
>>387841707
Source: my ass
>>
>>387845739
well damn, thanks anon, dont particularly care about the guy but still
>>
>>387841829
It's just an easy way for them to ride on the popularity of media but claim they're making original content. It was pretty bad for a while with basically EVERYTHING having a "Is/are X actually dead?!" theory video.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.