[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Shenmue 3 before the shekels vs Shenmue 3 after the shekels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 33684950.jpg (94KB, 900x570px) Image search: [Google]
33684950.jpg
94KB, 900x570px
>Shenmue 3 before the shekels vs Shenmue 3 after the shekels
Shenhua is aging bad and clearly underfed.
>>
>>387839896
Me on the left
>>
What's with the Japs opting to use 1-bit alpha maps with dithering all the time for hair and such these days? They forgot how to do 8-bit or higher alphas? The performance hit is really THAT big nowadays?
>>
She turned mexican
>>
File: 51696-Shenmue_2_(PAL)-5.jpg (78KB, 640x404px) Image search: [Google]
51696-Shenmue_2_(PAL)-5.jpg
78KB, 640x404px
>>387840446
What's wrong with your faaace
>>
>>387840745
Didn't mean to reply
>>
>>387839896

I don't see the problem, she looks kawaii on the right.
>>
>>387840148
>The performance hit is really THAT big nowadays?
Shader transparency effects are literally the single reason for murdering performance in vidya nowadays. It's also why FXAA and other shader-based AA techniques were created, because regular AA absolutely fucking shits itself with the amount of transparency in modern games.
>>
>>387841018

chigau
>>
>>387840446
>HAVE YOU SEEN ANY SAILORS?
ah yez. Si. Piso majado mucho trabado
>>
>>387839896
Shenmue without graphics it's NOTHING.
Back in the day the game was the most ambitious thing on any console because visuals.
>>
>>387841018
nein
>>
>>387842020
Don't talk shit about my waifu
>>
>>387841747
I'd like to see some proper tests with all that jazz. It's fucking bizarre how this dithering-based ""transparencies"" seem to have started to replace what I'd consider way more modern variants. PS2 had no problems with transparency and translucency; it was actually a bit ahead of its time , even compared to PCs of the era.

>It's also why FXAA and other shader-based AA techniques were created
Actually they were mostly invented because of the Deferred Shading rendering MSAA useless, and because of the constantly increasing playing resolutions making even MSAA more and more taxing for average consumer hardware.

The FXAA and shit can look OK when implemented right, but too many devs seem to just use them to hide their noisy artifacts.
>>
>>387839896
What engine are they using?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.