[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you'll never visit Super Potato

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

>tfw you'll never visit Super Potato
>>
Super potato is hugely overrated though. It's really not that great
>>
>tfw you'll never visit Book Off
>>
>>387836752
>going to Japan in April next year
>going to visit Akihabara on one of the days

Recommend me games, consoles, etc but of course I can't buy everything.
>>
>>387837408
Get a japanese Saturn and if you can find a copy get Soukyugurentai aswell, it's a great shmup that unfortunately was never released outside of Japan.
>>
>>387837651
Radiant Silvergun is also pretty good but that got an Xbox 360 rerelease.
>>
>>387836752
are those replicas or original games?
>>
>>387836752
You maybe, I've already been to them.
>>
>>387838025
sometimes they remake the stickers but the cartridges themselves are 100% original
>>
>>387837651
>>387837950
Cool, I'll take note of that.

I was planning of getting a Japanese Saturn anyway, since my PAL one is shit. Will try to get hold of an Action Replay for Saturn.
>>
>>387837284
fpbp
>>
>>387837284
>>387838449
>>
>>387836752
Already been there. Got an SFC and two battery-replaced games for like 35-40 euro. Was pretty cool, but the looping Zelda music made me feel bad for the people who work there.
>>
It's ok but not as necessary as its built up to be. Also mostly filled with weeb tourists. There's some cool stuff in there though. There's also some other cool gaming stuff elsewhere in akihabara. I'd also check out Nagano Broadway elsewhere in Tokyo. Less game stuff but a lot of toys and weeb shit and some reteo games all a bit cheaper (usually) than in Akihabara

t. Someone who went to moon land in april 2017
>>
>>387837408
Akihabara is disappointing after going to Nipponbashi first.

A lot of it is because there are far less gaijin in Osaka and the cute maid girls are surprised and excited to see you instead of bored and used to 6'3" white dudes

Also, >>387837395 is spot on about Book Off. Super Potato has a great selection but the highest prices. I found Mandarake had better prices than Super Potato too.
>>
I was just there last week, OP
>>
Browse the stores if you want, but check out the game centers and make sure to walk some of the side-streets as well. I saw some ridiculous deals back there when I went through in 2008. Best damn pair of headphones I've ever bought for about 25 bucks. The plastic finally gave out sometime last year.
>>
Book off isn't all that great.
There are other shops around that have low prices too but the used games are all like new.
>>
>>387836752
I have a paid sabbatical coming up and would really like to go to Japan, but doing it alone is scary. If I do it this is one of the places I'll definitely visit.
>>
Japan's on my travel list, I'd probably visit bit don't know if I'll be able to be control impulse buys.
>>
>>387843435
I went alone back in January. I know a fair bit of nihongo, but I rarely had to use it in Tokyo as it's very tourist friendly. If you want some company, check out one of the small bars in Golden Gai, shinjuku. Those water holes hold maybe 8-10 people max so it's prettt hard not to strike up a conversation with a local or fellow tourist unless you're a conplete social retard.
>>
>>387843789
>unless you're a conplete social retard
Well I'm on /v/, aren't I?

How much Japanese do you recommend studying before visiting Japan? I don't know any.
>>
>>387844248

Are you planning on going outside Tokyo?

I studied about a year for my first trip. If you truly want to know some at least go with the knowledge of Hiragana and Katakana as well as common phrases as bare minimum. A little kanji wouldn't hurt either.
>>
>>387844443
>Are you planning on going outside Tokyo?
I think so, I would love to see a bit of the countryside even if it's on a bus and maybe visit an onsen.
>>
>>387844248
I'm on vacation in Japan right now, and frankly I haven't needed to use any Japanese at all in Tokyo and Kyoto. Almost everybody seems to be able to speak at least broken English. If you go to less-touristy cities that might not be the case.

That said, you should at the very least be able to read hiragana and katakana and learn some basic phrases. It might not be necessary, but it's still helpful.
>>
>>387844760
Same here. I want to see Mt Fuji, that one creepy forest where people kill themselves, a number of shrines and castles, and also find a good thermal baths somewhere.
>>
>>387845029
I was just in Aokigahara yesterday and I think at least 4 different people explained unprompted that suicides aren't an issue there anymore. They seem to really resent the reputation. The forest is pretty awesome to walk through. I went on a guided ice cave tour, it was pretty neat and the guide told us a lot about the history of the area and cultural significance of things in the forest. Would recommend.

It was cloudy so we never got a good view of Fuji-san, however. The guide said it is unusual for it to be so cloudy and rainy this time of year.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.