[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else not able to enjoy open world games after playing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: BOTW-Share_icon.jpg (237KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
BOTW-Share_icon.jpg
237KB, 1200x630px
Anyone else not able to enjoy open world games after playing this? Everything in this felt so well done and polished it makes every other game feel like an unfinished mess. I'm trying to play Horizon and it just seems absolutely terrible and boring. The way your character moves across the terrain really feels like a glitch unfinished mess and following a blip around on the map feels somehow old and outdated. I almost hate BotW for being too good and making all other games feel like shit and unenjoyable in comparison.
>>
I hate you and anyone who defends this garbage game.
>>
>>387836850

t. Horizon fan
>>
What an absolutely retarded thing to say. Botw has plenty of flaws, but of course it'll seem like a 10/10 if you compare it to fucking horizon
>>
>>387837476

I didn't say it didn't have flaws. Literally nothing in existence is without flaws. Even suggesting I suggested that is retarded.
>>
>everything in this felt so well done and polished it makes every other game feel like an unfinished mess
>botw

look anon I like the game too and im playing it right now but holy shit I wanna know what you're smoking because if anything botw feels like an unpolished and unfinished mess.
>>
>>387836749
Same, although I couldn't play open world games before. They were all trash.
>>
>>387838059
>playing on Cemu
LOL
>>
>>387838204
>implying im playing on cemu and not a switch
>>
File: 1500992646217.jpg (10KB, 269x269px) Image search: [Google]
1500992646217.jpg
10KB, 269x269px
>>387836749
I feel you OP.

BOTW has ruined all open world games like Witcher 3 and HZD for me.
Bought Horizon Zero Dawn during the E3 sale, and I've put maybe 15-20 hours into it. I finished BOTW then went back to HZD. I cant take it seriously after BOTW.
I am constantly jumping against random walls to try and climb them
I am constantly venturing into strange and difficult-to-access parts of the map and being disappointed when there's nothing there, not even a Korok Seed OR something to discover
I am also constantly marveling at how good the weather animation is in HZD, but keep expecting to be struck by lightning during every storm. I feel no fear or nothing wherever I am.
And when I go back to MGSV to try and finish it, or Blood and Wine, or Xenoblade Chronicles X... it's the same damned thing.
Breath of the Wild has really ruined open world games for me. Nintendo has set a brand new standard, and it is just too, too high.
Nintendo has literally set a new fuckin standard. Open world skyrim clones literally don't feel the same after this game, this game will be remembered 10 years down the line. Honestly, I'm left unsatisfied by how empty other games are. The focus on hyperinteractivity in the environment has changed open world forever.
>>
>>387838409
>implying I would believe you
Play any other open world game and see how polished botw is in comparison. So little glitches even at launch
>>
>>387838059
>>387838059

In what way? The physics are amazing. The overworld is endlessly interesting. You can tinker with anything and everything in a dozen ways. I can't think of anything in the game that is unpolished. It is lacking in some departments, like story or enemy variety, but absolutely is not unpolished.
>>
inb4 buttblasted sony663r5 mad that they dont have a game as perfect as botw on their bloodborne machine
>>
>>387836749
mmm nah, I enjoy the new deus ex games' worlds better than this one, even if they are smaller. It feels more alive and more concentrated.
>>
>>387838526
Eh. Depends on what you mean by polish my dude. Mechanically most things are fine from a coding perspective but things like the flurry rush, weapon degradation and horses, lackluster shrines, frame rate, world scaling and bosses tell me that some of these things could have used some tweaking and/or polishing. Most of the game feels to me likes it in an alpha stage without the rest of the game layered on top of it. Like they were testing out concepts almost. Not to mention the awful story.
>>
>>387836749

On the contrary this made me reach for games like GTA IV or RDR, where they might not have the fancy physics but feel like they have much more substantial content and fun missions. In BotW, what leaves the biggest impressions are the green circle and the shrines and the item degradation
>>
>anyone who doesn't think BOTW is a 10/10 is a Horizonfag or a contrarian
OP I think you should lay down those cocks for a while
>>
>>387837476
The only flaws the game has are in relation to it being a Zelda game and not open world. As an open world game, it's the best that's ever been made.
>>
>>387838457
https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/BOTW%20has%20ruined%20all%20open%20world%20games%20like%20Witcher%203%20and%20HZD%20for%20me./
Nice pasta
>>
>>387836749
I'm also in the same boat. Everyone else has to step it up.
>>
>>387836850
garbage taste
>>
BOTW has a ton of flaws but it completely nails things other open world games weren't even trying to do
>>
>>387839935
>RDR has substantial content

Funny, RDR is the game that disillusioned me with open world games because of how fucking empty it was

>Might not have fancy physics
>Euphoria engine
lol
>>
>>387836749
I can't even enjoy old zeldas anymore because this one was so good
>>
>>387843954
I liked RDR, but Rockstar have never been good at side activities. You wanna talk about worthless sidequests, look no further.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.