[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT - Games that have too much content (this is a definite negative).

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

ITT - Games that have too much content (this is a definite negative).
I'll start.
>>
File: 2babies1foxcover.jpg (358KB, 920x1211px) Image search: [Google]
2babies1foxcover.jpg
358KB, 920x1211px
>>387836579
>>
Uuuuuh BotW has too little content in too large a world.
>>
>>387836829
No it doesn't though.
Everywhere I go there's like 8 different things to do and it's getting irritating when I'm trying to progress but get side tracked doing a bunch of stupid shit every, what seems like, 10 steps I take.
>>
>>387836996
>8 different things to do

Like what? Not including shrines because there is almost nothing to do outside of that.
>>
>>387836996
Your opinion is shit because doing everything in the game is easily possible. There should be treasure chest symbols next to location names though for ultra completionists like me.

I have yet to see a game with "too much" content. It's the pacing of the content that can be a problem, like in modern Pokémon where you have access to 30+ Pokémon and they shove tons of random features down your throat, all in the span of an hour. Compare it to the more evenly paced earlier games.
>>
>>387836996
thats what you get for having a low attention span kek
>>
>>387837103
>not including one of the things that are scattered everywhere
no.

Shrines
Koroks
Hidden area
Rare animals/insects/plants
Overworld Bosses
Misc events (Such as Fallen Stars etc)
Mini game shit
Quests
Photographing everything to get them in my compendium
Finding and activating Towers

>>387837426
>Your opinion is shit because doing everything in the game is easily possible.
It's not, not in a good time frame anyway.
I haven't checked, but if I recall correctly there's 900 korok seeds or something stupid?
I've found 30 and I've been playing for 4 days.

This is dumb, there's too much to do, it's not good. It's overwhelming.
>>
>>387837103

My post here will never be answered because there is fucking nothing to do in this game.
>>
>>387836742
lets not
>>
>>387836579
>(this is a definite negative).
why?
>>
>>387838052
Because I'm trying to progress with the game and don't want to be stopping every 10 steps to do some other things.
>>
>>387837873
I will give you the 900 Korok seeds, but the rest of the game is paced exactly how you pace yourself. The first thing I did was go to every tower and complete the map. I didn't tackle story content until the end, AFTER I got all 900 Korok Seeds and found every treasure chest. Those were the only things I needed a guide for, along with the last few shrines and side quests. But play as you want and you'll just naturally finish content.
>>
>>387837873
>Shrines
The only thing to do.
>Koroks
Not content. Filler bullshit that takes two seconds and you stumble upon randomly.
>Hidden area
Lol what? Could you be more vague? Are you just walking to random corners and being like "this hidden area is content, yes sir" Holy shit.
>Rare animals/insects/plants
What about them? Again, this is shit you just stumble upon. Takes no time.
>Overworld Bosses
The few copypasted bosses there are. I guess thats something to do.
>Misc events (Such as Fallen Stars etc)
You list ONE thing then put, etc as if there is anything other stuff. There isnt. And fallen stars are again just some random shit you end up walking to and picking up. Lets put this on the record...Picking shit up off the ground is not content. I like harvesting plants and rocks as much as the next guy but it isnt meaningful content. Its busywork and in this case padding.
>Mini game shit
Like Koroks and Shrines? You already said that. Or the sparse races that are again just busywork and provide nothing.
>Quests
Oh wow, an actual response...But its just pointing out something the game would literally have to have to even really be a game in its genre. The quests are shit, and borderline lazy.
>Photographing everything to get them in my compendium
Busywork. Adds nothing.
>Finding and activating Towers
Remember when Ubisoft towers are always shit on for being a stupid mechanic that add nothing and all it does it give you a reason to explore because the game doesnt give you any reason to on its own? I remember.

Whoever designed the island in BotW where you get stripped of your gear and have to survive needed to design the entire game because that was the only part of it that was really fun other than the first hour or two.
>>
>>387837886
literal autist >>387837873
>>
File: 1469397763968.png (83KB, 300x249px) Image search: [Google]
1469397763968.png
83KB, 300x249px
>>387837886
>here are some things to do
>HAHA SEE GUYS NOBODY HAS ANYTHING TO DO
>>
>>387838851
>it doesn't count because I don't like it!
Literal autism
>>
>>387839001
its not content. Its (((uncontent)))
>>
>>387838851
>botw towers are the same as Ubisoft towers
Have a (You) for effort
>>
>>387839080
>it doesn't count because I said so!
Again, literal autism
>>
>>387838851
What the fuck is wrong with you retard? None of what you said contradicts the fact that all of those things are part of the content in the game. Seek help.
>>
>>387839093
nice argument
do you win arguments irl with tears and throw a tantrum whenever you dont get your way ?
prove him wrong or shut the fuck up with that passive agressive bullshit that sjws cucks and women use
>>
>>387839316
Ubisoft Towers
>Alright, lemme just spit out a bunch of fucking icons for shit you'll probably never do and everything else. Exploring's for the birds.
BotW Towers
>Here's the lay of the land...alright, get lost.
>>
>>387838851
>The only thing to do.
No, the other 8 things I mentioned are also things to do, actually.
>Not content. Filler bullshit that takes two seconds and you stumble upon randomly.
>Content is not content
Uh huh.
>Lol what? Could you be more vague?
What are bombable walls with caves behind them and what not
>What about them? Again, this is shit you just stumble upon. Takes no time.
You stumble upon them and have to capture/kill them. Certain insects and creatures are a bitch to catch too and require some careful movement.
>The few copypasted bosses there are. I guess thats something to do.
I've fought 3 (maybe 4, can't remember, the stone guy, the giant stalfos, the giant cyclops bokoblin looking thing is all I can remember) so far, I don't know how many there are in all but the rewards you get from them make it always worth it.
>You list ONE thing then put, etc as if there is anything other stuff. There isnt.
I don't know how many there are, I've only just got 1/4 of the map unlocked and barely explored. I know there isn't only one though, I've seen other things appear around the map that I've not bothered going to yet.
>Picking shit up off the ground is not content.
Spotting things, mapping them down and heading towards them is content.
>Or the sparse races that are again just busywork and provide nothing.
Still content, and yes the races are what I had in mind.
>The quests are shit, and borderline lazy.
Perhaps, but they're yet more things to do.
>Busywork. Adds nothing.
Helps you track down more of those items and just trying to take that perfect picture is actually stupidly addicting.
>Remember when Ubisoft towers are always shit on for being a stupid mechanic that add nothing and all it does it give you a reason to explore because the game doesnt give you any reason to on its own? I remember.
Irrelevant. You asked me what this excessive content is that I was talking about and that's what I've gave you.
>>
File: assassinscreedmap.jpg (278KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
assassinscreedmap.jpg
278KB, 1920x1080px
Literally any post-2007 ubisoft game

Im getting really fucking tired of GTA open world clones full of boring, repetitive, one-note side missions that add nothing to gameplay at all.

I think even BOTW does this to a smaller extent. Games are beggining to turn the hidden packages and hidden minigames from GTA SA in to gameplay features and its getting really fucking boring.

Quality > quantity

Any game that uses these as side missions automatically loses my respect
>timed checkpoint race through open world
>go to x and clear camp
>climb tower and look at open world
>go to x and find y
>kill random marked npc
>kill/capture animals that spawn randomly (im looking at you RDR and MGS V)
>collect x amount of herbs or crafting material to make armour/gun/whatever

I think the few open world games to get around these or actually make them work gameplay wise are the earlier gta games and saints row 1 and 2, which made me actually WANT to do side missions.
>>
File: mass-effect-andromeda[1].jpg (122KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
mass-effect-andromeda[1].jpg
122KB, 1024x576px
And most of it is repetitive and boring
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.