[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Be honest, do you grief?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 208
Thread images: 32

File: 1462599978697.jpg (74KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1462599978697.jpg
74KB, 640x640px
Be honest, do you grief?
>>
>>387836359
A bit, why?
But only to noobs and idiots who refuse to learn and get better
(people who want to learn and get better make better friends than grief targets)

or to people who have huge egos, self-esteem issues, or who rage autistically over minor issues. Those dudes gotta learn to control their feelz.
However, this does not include the self-esteem issues of the crossdressing ERPers of steam friends threads. Those ones are a weird bunch and seem to need attention, regardless of if it's positive or negative. best to ignore them.
>>
Only when provoked first
>>
File: 1503139713534.png (638KB, 1024x754px) Image search: [Google]
1503139713534.png
638KB, 1024x754px
No, because I don't enjoy being griefed.
>>
File: tumblr_nkoe1aSxT61tezt7xo1_500.png (179KB, 500x216px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nkoe1aSxT61tezt7xo1_500.png
179KB, 500x216px
Yes because I was bullied in school and this is my only way of getting back
>>
I tried once but I just don't find it fun, I know it's all virtual but I still don't feel like ruining the day of another autist online. I just don't feel anything when I do it.

Also this >>387837721
>>
We have 4 of the seven deadly sins in here and it's only been six posts
>>
>>387839007
Go on then
>>
I'm addicted to pretending to be retarded.
>>
>>387836359
I wouldn't get hard anymore if I didn't
>>
This is the picture you guys were hiding from me?
>>
>>387836359
Just a little bit.
>>
>>387837908
This, no matter what I can't stop myself from being a moralfag.
>>
File: 1466741548356.jpg (12KB, 474x473px) Image search: [Google]
1466741548356.jpg
12KB, 474x473px
I use lmaobox.
>>
in 2005. grew out of it.
>>
File: wind.jpg (167KB, 1276x526px) Image search: [Google]
wind.jpg
167KB, 1276x526px
>>387836359
Maybe it's cause I'm staff on an SS13 server, but I can't bring myself to grief. The griefer is a strange creature. It takes a specific mindset to set out for the pure objective of making someone you don't know unhappy. The people who do this aren't happy, they say they don't care but they do. They aren't having fun with the game, maybe they're jealous that other people are and want to disrupt it, or possibly they're just don't know how to win in life and want to feel powerful in some way, perhaps they really are just a shitty human being.

Either way, don't be that guy. Try to have fun that comes from you, not the frustration of others.
>>
>>387841253
upvoted
>>
I like to say "yes the rumors are true i am gamer girl" on general chat after a win because it really seems to rub autists the wrong way.
>>
I once got griefed, and I still don't really understand why.
>GTAV Online
>Just driving in my car, listening to music
>Get blown up
>Shrug and just steal an NPC car
>Listening to music more
>Get blown up by the same guy
>Repeat about 10 times
>Ask him why he's griefing me
>Says that he doesn't like my username so he's gonna just keep killing me
What a petty reason to kill someone. He got kicked from the server.
>>
>>387836359
Yeah, it's fun. In KF2 I weld doors a lot and find it hilarious locking someone in with a scrake or FP. I don't do it on long waves though, if there's more than 5-10 minutes of the wave left I'll try to restrain myself.
>>
>>387841784
what was your username?
>>
>>387841914
I'm not giving it out.
>>
>>387842052
xXxNARUTO_WEEDMANxXx is that you
>>
>>387842109
No. Fine, here it is, I made it when I was 12
Killing_Cereal
>>
>>387842239
Sounds a bit dumb but with all the ALLCAPS, spanish, and weeabo names out there you'd think yours wouldn't merit any special response.
>>
File: Xxbng.jpg (96KB, 1338x716px) Image search: [Google]
Xxbng.jpg
96KB, 1338x716px
>>387836359
Yes depending on the shit head.

>playing L4D2
>join match where guy is by himself
>vote to kick pops up
>keeps popping up because the guy is an asshole
>another guy joins pops up again vote no
>keeps doing it
>final guy joins
>keeps doing it
>finally stops
>get to segment with car alarms and zombies already coming so shoot wildly because fuck it they're already here
>vote to kick me shows up
>not happening
>get fed up try killing the guy because he's annoying
>die but worth it
>stop trying to kill each other shits cool
>stops trying to kick people
>we get to the getaway section the other two random guys died on the way to rescue
>this guy has his back turned in the chopper because we're waiting on one guy to fall off bridge
>shoot him to death
>credits roll and I'm the only survivor
>get kicked from lobby finally
>mfw
>>
Very rarely

Though if it's a girl or a kid on voicechat I sometimes give in to temptation
>>
>>387841909
>welding the doors on people
Patrician taste, especially if they let you die and sell your dropped gun. Sometimes I kill the patriarch in 1 and suicide as the last man. Or if some shitter insists on being out of position not helping the team. Being petty in killing floor is cathartic.
>>
>>387842320
He said that he thought it was me trying to be funny. I told him I just came up with it on the spot when I was 12, and he didn't believe me. He also got on his mic, and was like "Everyone kill Killing Cereal." And that's when he got kicked. He eventually added me on Rockstar Social and told me that I'm a loser.
>>
>>387836359
>swtor comes out
>be on tatooine with 2 buddies
>find republic side on other end of map
>chill with the champions
>kill a republic player when we see them
>use my de-stealth skill when they revive in field
>kill them again
>use /spit at them
>eventually get reported for griefing
>get e-mail warning me of my actions
>respond with a ticket explaining I was in the open pvp zone at my level
>get response saying reports were deleted
>continue to do the same thing on alderaan and other planets
getting into the alderaan republic city and killing people there was hilarious
>>
>>387842469
What do they hope to accomplish with this?
It's not like you can change your username.
>>
Never. If anything I'm overly polite and forviging to people who treat me like shit in return. I always try and keep a positive atmosphere because it benefits the team and therefore everyone's experience including my own. Being toxic and shitty gets you nowhere.
>>
>>387836359
I grief in CSGO all the time because that's what silver is for. I'm the guy that has his microphone volume maxed out, and pretends to be one of those extra try hard guys at the point of role playing with death sounds when I get killed and "cover me!" calls. I also make up and mix up the map call outs. Mic-spam can be incredibly fun and funny. my IGN is I get muted every game and when people threaten to mute me I tell them to fulfill the prophecy they never actually do it when I tell them that, and I make a lot of friends doing this.
>>
>>387843040
You don't sound like a very fun person to spend time with.
>>
>>387836359
Tilting idiots is the most fun I can have while a lobby lasts
>>
>>387836359

All the time. But only when we have literally no chance of winning and I'm not responsible.
>>
Never intentionally. I always feel guilty if I find out I've been focusing on one guy the whole time. I'll usually message them and apologise if they seem to be upset.
>>
It's fun once in a while, which is what games are for. Sometimes I welcome people that try to grief me simply because it adds variety and I understand their mentality somewhat.
Sometimes you just have to play Go Fish when everyone at the table is playing Poker so they have an entertaining story about "that goddamn asshole". Plus it's fun playing the villain.
>>
>>387843136
Not in CSGO, no. In any other game I still act like a retard but I play the objective and make jokes. You sound like the type of person to say "muted" before or after muting someone. I also play the objective in CSGO... I don't actually TK or any of that nonsense.
>>
>>387843397
I'm more the guy to say "just mute him" to other people who are trying to have fun.
>>
>>387843551
As it is written... I get muted every game.
>>
>>387836359
I did it a lot in vanilla WoW. I would go gank lowbies, but I would never deal the finishing blow. I would always ambush them when they were fighting a mob and let the mob finish them off. This way they would get a repair bill.
>>
>>387836359
I did a little bit in Minecraft
it was really fun because trying to get around a servers anti-griefing measures forces you to get creative

So each server brought it's own unique challenges to figure out then execute without getting caught
>>
>>387843650
Is that really the guy you wanna be?
>>
>>387843803
For CSGO, yeah. That game is a joke.
>>
>>387843881
Then why do you play it?
>>
>>387836359
Nah I’m an adult
>>
File: fuzzymayor.jpg (51KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
fuzzymayor.jpg
51KB, 640x480px
i just suck and it's confused for griefing.
people in the low ranks think they're good yet here they are with me in games.
>>
>>387836359

I used to do it a lot when I was younger and I can be a real piece of shit invader in any Dark Souls game, but I don't do it anymore. The main reason is that the people who get griefed most easily tend to have some weird emotional or mental health issue that they need to work out.

It's kind of like drawing a dick on the face of a stroke victim. Sure, it's kind of funny but it's also sad and weird and just makes you feel crummy a while later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4lQxN7kTl4

Vid related. The guy stopped making these vids because he started to realize how easy it is to trigger a bunch of people who clearly have mental health issues.
>>
>>387836359
>still being in high school
everyone who says yes needs to leave
>>
File: 1501635954398.jpg (91KB, 450x425px) Image search: [Google]
1501635954398.jpg
91KB, 450x425px
>>387843397
>Say "muted"
>don't actually mute them
>>
>>387843982
>Just say yes!
>>
File: Ultima_Online_cover.jpg (55KB, 256x342px) Image search: [Google]
Ultima_Online_cover.jpg
55KB, 256x342px
I played a thief in Ultima Online back in the late 90's/early 00's and that was a class built on stealing from other players.
Looking back on it I did some pretty mean things, but I don't know if it's griefing because the game was built to function that way. You just weren't supposed to feel comfortable and safe anywhere and I certainly received my in-game comeuppance many times.
>>
File: 1449531444462.jpg (18KB, 251x249px) Image search: [Google]
1449531444462.jpg
18KB, 251x249px
Only if the other guy is being a complete ass or if I want to mess around with a friend, I never fuck with other people's time unless they are fucking with mine.
>>
>>387843934
Because I like hitscan weapons over projectile ones, and the weapon accuracy is more consistent than pre-CSS, and the mechanics are a complete inverse to arena shooters which is interesting. I also really like mic spamming in that game in particular, that's a big reason.
>>
>>387844275
What do you get out of mic spamming?
>>
>>387836359
If I get the chance to do it for little effort yes.
>>
>>387844221

When I played the Fallout Online mod (and that game has a ton of genuine problems), I used to want to max out my Sneak skill so I could reverse pick-pocket dynamite onto other players' inventories. I lost interest after my friends stopped playing but I kind of wish I stuck with it a few more weeks.
>>
>>387844331
Sometimes, I make friends. Every time, I make laughs.
>>
yes
but griefing is only good if you're subtle about it

the pay off when you put hard work into griefing is the best

if you're an obnoxious retard screaming nigger and exploding everywhere, that's not proper griefing

that's just being a retard
>>
>>387836359

Used to do it a lot years ago. I guess I haven't stopped because I grew up but because the games I play now are less suited for it.
>>
>>387844460
That doesn't really sound like griefing if they can just mute you.
>>
>>387836359
My friend and I make a competition to see how fast we can get banned from GMod RP servers. It gets pretty funny sometimes.
>>
>>387844547
Mic spamming counts as griefing. Does TKing count as griefing if they can just kick you?
>>
>>387844331

Not to encourage mic spamming and I'm not that guy, but sometimes I get a good chuckle out of what a guy is rambling about. About 15 years ago when I was a kid I'd laugh like hell when people would spam all sorts of nonsense in a Half-Life 1 mod.

It has to be in good fun instead of some weird angry or passive-aggressive thing. Also, the mic spammer should really expect people to react negatively and be ready for that.
>>
>>387836359
Yes, and I'm surprised so many people let themselves get riled up about it, it usually just boils down to the act of getting people who are way too emotionally invested in a video game and upsetting them by not playing along.
I'm also surprised people on here use it as a way of validating their autistic meltdowns in videogames though, exactly the kinds of people who are susceptible to greifing giving all the nasty internet mans a taste of their own medicine!
>>
>>387844516
>tfw give some semblance of a real reason for deliberately ruining a part of the objective
>get away with it every time because everybody else is too busy with other things to notice or they don't care
It's like trolling when it meant something, gotta make it realistic enough to blend in but still make people mad.
>>
>>387844672

One affects the score in an irreparable way for that match. The other is dependent on people's tolerance for the spamming and can be removed by a simple button press.

Implying that the two are in any way comparable is petty, no matter how vile or hateful the spamming is.
>>
>>387844403
>reverse pick-pocket dynamite onto other players' inventories
That sounds really cool. Thievery is unfortunately a skill that didn't survive the post-Everquest clone MMORPG rush.
>>
File: image.jpg (13KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13KB, 256x256px
>single player RPG
>don't want to kill NPCs because I feel bad for them, will decline rewards if given the chance, never take the evil option

>MMOs
>will corpse camp and /spit, kite high level bosses to newbie zones, just chain CC people and run away, follow low level players without mounts and just chain movement speed reductions on them
>>
>>387844672
>tfw enjoy micspam
>every time someone goes into tf2 pubs they get votekicked
Plebs and brainlets.
>>
>>387844516
>back in my day trolling meant something
lol sure grandpa
>>
>>387844784
I've seen mic spam count as griefing. Otherwise if it isn't that means I can continue with a clean conscience.

>>387844698
Exactly.
>>
>>387844516
>if you're an obnoxious retard screaming nigger and exploding everywhere, that's not proper griefing

you know ironically, it's exactly the sort of easy low effort greifing which gets reactions out of people like you
>>
>in non-competitive games/matches
yea all the time
>in a competitive environment
I'm not a cuck so no
>>
>>387845121
no it doesn't
>>
File: 1503353384946.png (117KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1503353384946.png
117KB, 400x400px
>>387841765
I'm going to do this now
>>
File: 1498925787122.png (192KB, 493x806px) Image search: [Google]
1498925787122.png
192KB, 493x806px
>>387845185
>not wanting to join a comp match only to be paired up with other mic spammers
>>
>>387844787

As tempting as it is to bash the casual audience (which definitely is a major reason, don't get me wrong), players today can definitely find a way to exploit a system like that to the point where the entire game can become unplayable. I don't blame MMO devs from just cutting out the possibility of anything cool or risky if it's just going to lead to another incident like this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrupted_Blood_incident
>>
>>387845459
Yeah, I remember reading about that thing. Blizzard itself seemed to make a nod to it with the WotLK pre-release event where zombies were spread. Raph Koster (Designer Dragon, look him up) said something like it seems most people don't want to confront evil in a virtual world, but rather a conveniently-packaged artificial evil that they can choose to ignore if they want to. In this way negative player interaction is something heavily restricted which most people enjoy, but it makes an empty world in my view.
>>
>>387841765
Personally my favorite is stating the opposite of what happens when we win/lose a game.
>Dang guys I can't believe we lost (after winning)
>We did it guys, we won! (after losing)
It riles up someone the majority of the time, on either team. I don't know why it works so well but they'll always start insulting me in further matches.
>>
>>387845394
>wanting to be a mic spammer when it takes 2 clicks and everyone has muted you
low tier shit, If I wanted to fuck comp matches I'd make purposely wrong calls of where enemies are, follow strats incorrectly, damaging and maybe even killing teammates at times I can talk myself out it, and let enemies go by me unnoticed so they can kill my teammates when they think they are safe
>>
File: 9mpA54rbf_Y.jpg (29KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
9mpA54rbf_Y.jpg
29KB, 500x382px
>>387845838
wow
>>
>>387836359

>Normal play?
>Play normally.

>Someone camping me / harassing me only?
>Continue the cycle of bullshit griefing by harassing someone on their team who can't take it.

>They end up leaving and losing because being a man down.
>We don't.
>>
File: ayy.gif (14KB, 90x130px) Image search: [Google]
ayy.gif
14KB, 90x130px
I grief because I'm not some autist who gets upset at griefing. If I am griefed, I look for a way to join in and double the griefing. Anything else (other than not playing at all) is retarded.
>>
>>387842387
I don't grief often but when I do I'm the opposite. I don't do it to girls on the server because they get enough attention as it is and anything else just fuels the white knights anyways, and I don't do it to kids because then it's a grown adult literally bullying a fucking kid, and that's just pathetic.

The only ones I feel okay about are "adults" that start sperging out over voice as soon as you start griefing. I stop if they go the "shit, man, I'm just trying to play and enjoy the game, could you fuck off with that?" route.
>>
>>387841253

Maybe people grief on your server because you're a pseudo-intellectual douchebag who thinks other people are powertripping when he's the one waxing poetic when the very game he moderates has a character dedicated solely to griefing.
>>
>>387836359
I sure do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkg21XFtJ2U
>>
>>387845998
your post is retarded
>>
File: 1501595258154.jpg (107KB, 670x949px) Image search: [Google]
1501595258154.jpg
107KB, 670x949px
>be godlike for a match
>after everykill blast I AM THE ONE AND ONLY
>talk shit about one of the players
>constantly kill him subtley
>watch and hear anal anger
>"its just a game calm down"
>start a flamewar ingame
>start a mob against one guy who did nothing wrong
>>
>>387845735

Oh definitely. It's like a playground where everything's made out of foam and there aren't any seesaws or swings.

I understand the desire to escape from how rough the world can be, especially in a video game. Back when I used to grief as a kid I could be really, really harsh and completely ruin someone's night. But placing everyone in a bubble obviously isn't the right thing to do in the long-term. I haven't found a "risk-based" MMO that's clicked with me for a while though.
>>
>>387846145

I don't care for your opinion.
>>
If a girl comes on I sexually harass her nonstop and tell her that I want to facefuck her until she pukes and make her whore herself out to homeless people on the street. It's really fun.
>>
>>387845838

When I played Starcraft over a decade ago, I'd do that in UMS Phantom matches and usually wind up being among the last three players alive even though I'm shit at the RTS itself. The difference is that you're supposed to mislead people in Phantom matches. It's great fun to be able to outsmart players through pure bluffs though.
>>
File: went too far.png (446KB, 615x540px) Image search: [Google]
went too far.png
446KB, 615x540px
>>387836359
I find subtle griefing hilarious and will make no effort to discourage it if I see it happening but I just cannot bring myself to grief people online. It just makes me feel pathetic and ashamed of myself.

I know that the sort of people who give the best reactions, have nothing else. They're petty, alone, and sad. All they have to lift their soul is that shit RP server you just joined. When it hits me that I'm taking the one joy in life away from that lonely little autistic 15 year old, just to get a cheap laugh out of it for myself, I feel like an even lower, more pathetic human being.
>>
>>387836359
I don't like to grief. But in some very rare cases it can be funny.
Such as trove. I built my cornerstone as an underground house and down one of the holes is a long fall with spikes. When you get to the bottom you are sprung forward into a room of spikes with directional jump pads in random directions if you are somehow lucky to survive jumping back to the entrance you have to go back up the spikes. No noobie has ever made it out and the rez tombstone keeps jumping around the room so they have to self rez.

To be fair if you see a bunch of spikes in a hole maybe its your fault if you go in there.
>>
>>387846353

Not that guy but you seem like a narcissist.

Not that I'm shaming you for being a narcissist.
>>
>>387846294
>I haven't found a "risk-based" MMO that's clicked with me for a while though.
Me neither. There's some "indie" stuff in development, but I'm definitely holding my breath for a multitude of reasons. I can't remember their names, but /v/ has threads about them now and then and they're all in alpha and such so I'm not bothering to follow them.
>>
>>387846353
cared enough to reply

WHO'S GETTING GRIEFED NOW
>>
>>387836359
I good grief.
>>
This thread is some sad shit but I guess games aren't what they were in 2007. Neither is society come to think of it.

Back in my day if you were fragged and someone was being a total fag to you about it, you either outplayed him or you didn't and he reserved the right to shit talk you for the duration of the game. Now with all this retarded ass anti-bullying rhetoric and people turning into complete pussies that dynamic has changed, and with it I'm not surprised Steam is now full to the brim with furries, autists, trannies and literal children. Three hundred pound no-lifers used to keep all the rest of the dreck in check but they're either banned or muted so we're left with every other breed of vermin instead.
>>
Normally not.

But I do hold grudges.
>>
>>387846550

Trove was a great place to grief

>Giant hollow rectangle corner stone
>Zerg flies over the cornerstone
>Place cornerstone
>The giant square is building up and up
>Traps all the fliers inside

Better yet, early Trove

>Blue Mushrooms (the bouncy balls) happen to look like Pearls of Wisdom
>Old trading didnt have a confirmation
>WTS Pearls of Wisdom
>Make everyone look like a fucking retard
>>
>>387836359
Griefing is fucking dead. No one takes things seriously enough anymore and every reaction you get is always layered with irony.
The only real way to get people upset is to legit be an asshole. By making death threats and actively hurting someone's life, not just their in-game character or whatever. That, or fucking with kids and what the hell is the point? It's like picking on retards.
>>
>>387836359
I used to do it frequently, nowadays I only grief in team games if I'm with some raging faggot that can't live a minute without insulting others and blaming them for his failures
>>
>>387846865
It depends on how far you take the in-game harassment. If you do it persistently enough like Angwe people will erupt.
>>
File: cheeky.gif (2MB, 540x250px) Image search: [Google]
cheeky.gif
2MB, 540x250px
>>387846865

Griefing isn't dead, it just changed.

>join a server
>someone is having a mild fit on mic
>begin micspamming Maria Takeuchi over him
>"what the fuck is this shit?"
>he tries to votekick me
>it doesn't pass
>proceeds to complain but isn't loud enough to drown out Plastic Love
>>
>>387836359
I pretend to be incredibly bad to upset people, especially in games that wastes their time if they have to wait on me or competitive games.
>>
>>387847236
Micspamming is just low effort and can easily be countered by muting.
>>
File: Tread On Me.png (260KB, 1045x882px) Image search: [Google]
Tread On Me.png
260KB, 1045x882px
The amount of fun I have is directly proportional to the amount of fun I take from others.
>>
>>387846723

I grief by deliberately playing shit to piss off a teammate who's being a sassy cunt. Depending on the genre I either fail to heal, don't tank properly, don't cover a teammate properly, or very slowly jog over to res a teammate who's been shot and "just happen" to miss him by a second.
>>
File: dan_kuroto_by_malecoc-db198lq.png (152KB, 446x783px) Image search: [Google]
dan_kuroto_by_malecoc-db198lq.png
152KB, 446x783px
>>387836359
i shit talk and fuck with people a little bit but depends on the game
i dont care if i get griefed because im not a sensitive faggot
>>
>>387847236
Nigga that's small time mic spamming. Try setting up a big enough sound board that you can actually hold a conversation with others. Only spam music if you're on a dominating streak.
>>
>>387836359
can someone explain to me why people grief? dont understand why people do it personally.
>>
>>387846865
Griefing is not dead yet. It's still hilariously easy to get other people banned in CS:GO if you use the right tricks.
>>
>>387847540
You're on the wrong website.
>>
>>387847540
It's like shitposting in video game form
>>
>>387847598
maybe im too old to understand it fully
>>
>>387847540
It's fun. If you don't understand you have no soul.
>>
>>387847786
You're still on the wrong website.
>>
>>387847540
I only do it to people that deserve it.
>>
>>387847540

I sometimes do it to piss off a guy who has a shitty attitude. Used to do it a lot as a kid because it was just funny to see someone get genuinely angry just because their video game time wasn't going very well.

I don't do it anymore because I have a better understanding of how limited some people's free time can be and why I shouldn't go out of my way to ruin it. Depending on the type of griefing, I don't have a huge problem with other people doing it so long as they have a sense of humor about it.

Rainbow Six Siege players who shoot the new player just because he's moving slowly are absolute cunts though. I usually shoot them in the back right after they shoot the new guy. Don't play it much anymore because the community has some really bad lows.
>>
>>387847236
>some guy talks shit on mic about how much the team sucks
>he's top of the scoreboard
>he won't shut up about how much we suck
>start a votekick on him
>he starts going bananas
>"You're trying to votekick ME?!?!"
>it fails but the damage has been done
>he goes silent the rest of the game

>a child keeps complaining about not having a medic, repeatedly tells me to switch
>go medic
>tactical dance into enemy territory until dead
>start healing upon spawn
>votekick against me activated
>get kicked
>one of the team members added me and told me how that was fucked up
>play a legit game with him and have fun
I love being witty to an autistic degree, it makes getting matched with these people a lot more positive and memorable.
>>
>>387842384
>not using your ssd to load in first before the other team, switch teams, then TK them all with an auto shotty
>>
>>387847236
>not Bomber by 山下達郎
>>
>>387836359
yes, but only when its mutual with friends.

like in terraria, i will put a landmine infront of a chest, or fliid his house with water, or take battle potions, or summon bosses randomly. but never go far enough to destroy his work. and its returned to me equally. and we laugh about it, silly fun stuff, and use these as a meta game of dont touch the spikes or something of that nature.

malicious griefing? no, not unless we are in the mood and we both agree. because it can get raw.
>>
My road to silver 1 was paved with the bodies of many mewling children. Many a time was I asked "why are you doing this", and the best answer I could come up with was "because you can't stop me". I was in silver 1 for a good long while, and this was after they made it REALLY tough to actually be in silver 1, and I accidentally ranked up by just landing head shots, the game didn't care that I was losing matches anymore, so I really don't have pity for those who play ranked but can't climb.
>>
>>387847814
>>387847861
???
>>
>>387836359
Only on griefers.
>>
>get 3 friends together with you and join tf2 casual matches as groups
>all pick spy and use cloak and dagger and go around either afk or taking all the ammo packs while using your numbers to stack votes to kick people/save yourselves from being kicked
>>
>>387847540
People who aren't able to enjoy a game for its mechanics (possibly because the game is shit) try to find alternative ways to find excitement from the game. Griefing is about getting enjoyment from outside of the game, namely by the reactions from others playing the game.
>>
>>387836359
That was my favorite part of WoW
>>
>>387848667
I like to go all Engineers with mini sentries and put exit teleporters at spawn and then make a maze of entrances at an uphill choke point. Best stage for this is the custom map dm_duel at the top of the tower.
>>
>>387841253
Fuck you, all ss13 admins suck. No fun allowed.
>>
>>387848742
why not just play another game?
>>
>>387848742
Why does everyone think griefers ONLY grief and nothing else? You can enjoy a game, play it actively, and still grief. You grief when the fun of griefing outweighs the fun of playing normally. Such as when a nasally autist throws a bitch fit or an admin of some kind has a power trip.
>>
>>387836359
Of course, that's the only fun part in online play
>>
>>387836359
Is that something people actually do?
What kind of person would derive pleasure from someone's suffering.
>>
>>387849227
>pleasure from someone's suffering.
That's the essence of comedy.
>>
>>387849302
Subversion of expectations, actually.
>>
>>387849227
See
>>387847598
>>
I used to do "virtual rape" with every single couple i could find in my RO days.
>>
>>387836359
yes. sometimes i will go on pubs in various games to do goron shit
>>
File: RIP in pieces.jpg (15KB, 451x250px) Image search: [Google]
RIP in pieces.jpg
15KB, 451x250px
>>387836359
The only thing I grief is for the loss of great studios and great game series.
>>
File: 1477752072422.jpg (587KB, 1280x1886px) Image search: [Google]
1477752072422.jpg
587KB, 1280x1886px
>>
File: LAUGHING AT YOUR BUTTHURT.jpg (51KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
LAUGHING AT YOUR BUTTHURT.jpg
51KB, 1024x576px
>>387849173
I mean, I wouldn't do it if most online games weren't complete shit, but they are so anyone who unironically plays them deserves to get griefed
>>
File: 1385514684007.jpg (28KB, 480x361px) Image search: [Google]
1385514684007.jpg
28KB, 480x361px
>>387836359

If they're bitchy, moany crybabies about PvP, then hell yes. I'll have a field day.
>>
I miss myg0t
>>
File: 1360033856475.png (299KB, 356x637px) Image search: [Google]
1360033856475.png
299KB, 356x637px
>>387842052
t. Bronie
>>
>>387836914
You sound like you'd be fun to grief
>>
>>387849638

This was good, in a fucked up way. Wish they didn't go all /d/ with it, though.
>>
>>387836359
I don't play online with randos full stop.
>>
File: fun things are fun.jpg (274KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fun things are fun.jpg
274KB, 1920x1080px
>>387847540
Because it's funny to them. People will do the damnedest things to satisfy their own enjoyment, even at the expense of others. ESPECIALLY at the expense of others in certain cases.
>>
>>387849227
I'm a sadist, though I enjoy the more emotional reactions than the physical ones. It reminds me that there are human beings behind those happy facades.
>>
>>387849227
>Is that something people actually do?
Yes, quite often.

>What kind of person would derive pleasure from someone's suffering.
There's a lot of reasons.
One reason would be that something bad happened to them and, as a coping mechanism, they want to regain a sense of control. This happens even in chimps and other apes.

Another reason might be some unresolved trauma from the past. Some kind of emotional problem.

Or maybe they're mentally ill and lack the ability to feel empathy. Something wrong with them mentally or emotionally.

But sometimes people do this and there's nothing wrong with them, had a perfectly normal, trauma free life and have no emotional or mental issues.
>>
File: 1501444408342.jpg (51KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1501444408342.jpg
51KB, 720x1280px
I like to pretend I'm indian
>>
>>387836359
Yes, especially in comp or during free weekends when newfags try the game

The best time to grief is just before the game ends, if you can mange to ruin it just then you'll have wasted the optimal amount of people's time and can get the most hatemail for your efforts
>>
File: 1612730-01.jpg (64KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1612730-01.jpg
64KB, 640x480px
I do grief on almost every game I can, to the point where its more fun for me then actually playing the game. My IRL friends being the normies, girls, weebs they are are too moralfag to greif and I even do it to them in games we play online together. I can't help it, its a compulsive thing I do like a twitch or some other habit.

EVE is a game that's noted for greifing, I do it on to people who blindly put their trust into me and well I clean them out and shittalk them for being a retard/neckbeard pretty much as abusive as I can be (I've been banned times before). I don't actually think they are retarded but I like the reactions.
Games where you have to put trust into other people like Day - Z and others are the best because you can build up trust and break it with resulting death threats and everything else. You can add salt to wound by saying you will report the victim for making death threats and even follow through with it.

For starters I don't really like multiplayer games, with the exception of some shooters, like Halo, CS, RB6 I never really felt invested in any other game. Ironically as I've gotten older I find I become more and more toxic as I care less about games. For that reason I only play multiplayer games TO greif and never because I actually like playing multiplayer games for the content.

tl;dr I'm a shitty person that hates gamers particularly how these "gurl gamer, wannabe streamer, pro personalizes" have made me give no shits about what I do.
>>
>>387850128
You do realize that those last 4 lines could be applied to why anyone does anything right? Only exception is the part about apes and maybe the lack of empathy part.

Why does someone like cooking, drinking, a fetish, video games, investing money, etc.
>>
>>387850325
I miss the days of myg0t CS rages.
>>
>>387847540
its fun to make other people more miserable than I am
>>
>>387850615
correct.
>>
File: daniels.jpg (77KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
daniels.jpg
77KB, 900x900px
>>387836359
>Settle down, ok?
>>
>>387841784
Might have been me if you are a ponyfag depending on how long ago that was.
>>
>>387836914
Sounds like you just get mad a lot while playing multiplayer games and care too much that other people aren't play "the correct way".
>>
>>387836359
Fuck yeah I grief. Only when I'm playing with idiots, christians, man-children, degenerates, democrats, liberals and people who think rock music is dumb, and people who think chewing tobacco is bad for me.

All the fucking time too, it just happens that everyone I play with happen to do one or multiple of the above. Not my fault, it's their's.
>>
>>387836359
Yes
It's hilarious
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOT-_5uo6P8
>>
Very rarely. In TF2 during Halloween I would play C&D Spy and block a gap that people had to jump over, making them fall into lava. It was hilarious, but not too mean.
>>
Only if someone is being an asshole. I give them a chance too

>autist starts yelling or talking shit because of a bad play or someone performing poorly
>tell them to calm down or make a joke
>if they keep going, grief them for the rest of the match

I just don't understand blowing up at one little mistake or someone having a bad game. I won't lie, I get mad at people playing like shit but I'm not gonna bully them and make them play worse
>>
>>387836359
I only do it when someone is taking the game too seriously.
>>
>>387836914
You are the type of player I love to meet in lol whenever I played outside of the "meta" and go on to play full AD Nunu or some of my other troll builds.
>>
yes. it's a lost art in a world of ESLs and straight thieves. what if i want to hurt you and expect nothing in return?
>>
>>387851978
Cruelty is its own reward.
>>
my crowning moment was in gmod, where I convinced some newbie staff member that I was supposed to be a mod.

He made me a mod and I proceeded to ban every single staff member from the server
>>
>man I'm bored
>I'll just spawn camp for a second
>oh that guy is mad in chat, guess I'll have to do this all game
>>
I don't really understand the desire to grief. I'm not asking anyone to be nice, I just don't understand the drive to go out of your way to ruin someone else's time. It's just video games.
>>
>>387851440
>but not too mean

you're a piece of shit
>>
Yeah. I also shitpost fanbases I'm a part of and in threads about things I like. When you're in with the crowd you know what it is that really gets to them. It's like when you're sitting in a car and think "I could totally just swerve into traffic right now and destroy dozens of lives, mine included." The Internet is designed in a way that allows people to achieve that. All it takes is a spark and to touch your finger to the keyboard. We've all felt that spark. Schadenfreude is a hell of a drug and Internet anonymity will always be abused.
>>
>>387852348
You don't seem like you have a lot of friends.

If you do, they probably spend a lot of time talking about how they're glad you're not around.
>>
>>387852183
I can't say I understand it either, but I enjoy it.
>>
>>387851440
wish there were more areas like this in normal game.
>>
this is the best griefing video and if you disagree you are gay

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x7ZrKehQ_xc
>>
Every so often in WoW I would get involved in some corpse camping but I was very rarely the initiator.

But this once happened.

>Burning Crusade
>Was in a guild that could farm Black Temple
>Was grinding fishing levels in the middle of Stormwind
>A lowbie with a name like "Dankman" runs by
>Comes to a screeching halt, I check his target of target: he's looking at me
>Get a whisper: "cn u tk me thr stk"
>Reply: "I'm sorry, I don't understand."
>Get another whisper: "can u tk me thru stk"
>Reply: "I'm terribly sorry, I still don't understand what you're trying to tell me."
Fast forward a bit.
>Get another whisper: "Could you please escort me through Stormwind Stockades: the dungeon just to the north of you?"
>Reply: "Oh! Now I understand! ...No. I'm busy, go away."

Does that count as griefing?
>>
>>387836359
Why yes, I do play ss13.
>>
>>387852461
>What is hiding your power level

You can be a normie socially while still being a cancerous memeing fuck online.
>>
I hate leechers in this mmorpg I used to play, so I used to ruin their AFK exp farming sessions by killing the weak enemies they used to block themselves in. Never got old.
>>
>>387836359
yeah because open world pvp is fun
>>
>>387836359
no
I can't even watch hidden camera/ prank call stuff without feeling bad for the "victim" so there's no way I would be able to grief anybody
>>
>>387852752
this would have been more fun if the admins were just fucking with them with weird shit instead of just wasting their time.
>>
>>387841765
I think I've seen you ingame.
>>
>>387852936
>playing as librarian
>read "woody got wood" over the radio
>play as genetics
>make every monkey into a tourette syndrome human, like them all in a closet and put them next to an active intercom in some forgotten corner of the station nobody visits
>play as chemist
>give the clown space lube spray bottles and space lube grenades along with other fun toys
>play as clown
>"prank" somebody by stealing their soul and turning them into a vengeful spirit with a stolen soul stone
>they admit it was a pretty good prank

I love that game
>>
>>387850740
what?
>>
>>387853661
that's the part after the wild bones ride
>>
>>387853872
>play as chef
>raid morgue for meat, beg chemistry for space drugs, pay clown with pizza for vital objects so you can fry them
>get perma'd for frying the captain's ID and putting it in a sandwich
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (136KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
136KB, 1920x1080px
I trap my own team in a teleporter almost every time I play TF2.

Never fails to amuse me. Especially when I get top score from all the endless teleports and shittalk my team by saying I carried them
>>
>>387849754
wow that pony guy is a faggot
>>
>>387850242
>bitch lasagna
>Kek
>>
>>387843010
it gets me some giggles
>>
>>387843010
>he doesn't over positive to angry people so they get even more angry at you having fun
>>
How far is too far?
>>
>>387850740
Let's go fish
>>
>>387850740
VOTE DANIEL
>>
>>387836359
Only little kids. Nothing provokes my ire like prepubescent little shits. I played games as a kid, but I at least had the awareness and decency to not use a microphone.

>playing TF2
>little kid is on
>play a pick class, kill them right out of spawn, and Schadenfreude after every kill
>>
I main killer in dead by daylight and half the survivors are cunts who fuck with you all game then talk shit when the games over
>>
>>387849754
>xXxThEbEsTxXx has joined the match
>xXxThEbEsTxXx: hey guys
>xXxThEbEsTxXx was killed by regularjoe42
>xXxThEbEsTxXx: ong wtf hacker
>xXxThEbEsTxXx: admin?? regularjoe is hacking
>xXxThEbEsTxXx: admin???
>Admin: He's not hacking.
>xXxThEbEsTxXx was killed by regularjoe42
>xXxThEbEsTxXx: OMG fuk u hacker
>xXxThEbEsTxXx has left the game.

I see this every day. I imagime these sort of people must go through 30 servers a day accusing every player who kills them as hackers. Such is the life of a poor BR HUEHUE video gamer.
>>
>>387836359
Yes
>>
>>387854219
>teleporter traps still work
Hot damn.

Change your name to, "Mr Bones" and welcome them to your 'wild ride' every time you catch one.

Then tell them if they want off they have to say, "I want off mr. bones wild ride." record results.
>>
>>387836359
only in Overwatch competitive while drunk
It's actually more fun than playing it properly, ironically
Thread posts: 208
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.