[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would this be the ultimate Switch game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

Would this be the ultimate Switch game?
>>
>>387831376
SMT Switch
>>
>>387831376
How would this even work though
What would you do
>>
>>387831543
Maybe you make a town/gym/route/cave and upload that.
>>
>>387831543
Think of all the mod roms for Pokemon out there. Imagine them on an actual console without all the buggy and glitchy save issues.
>>
>>387831664
Man this made me realize how boring Pokemon has become
>>
>>387831664
There's not much challenge to playing through something like that though
>>
>>387831543

RPGMaker but somehow worse
>>
>>387831376
I would pay for an official Zelda maker myself.
>>
An RPG can't be made in bite-sized chunks like a level of a platformer. It'll take too long for each level both to be made and to be played, even though I don't doubt makers would make a better Pokemon game than Game Freak ever has
>>
>>387831858
Fair enough I don't know how this shit works, but the idea that you could get some awesome Pokemon games from dedicated people just appeals to me. Agree they'd outshine Gamefreak a lot
>>
>>387831956
I think it could work. There would be a few really good ones buried under several mountains worth of trash, though.
>>
>>387831376
I would rather have a gym manager
>add your own avatar as the gym leader
>decide the type you specialize on and in what battle mode (singles, doubles, etc)
>add your own NPC classes, name them and give them teams
>design your interior and puzzles
>design your own gym badge
>levels you choose for your pokémon will define how many badges you need to go there
>need to beat the gym before uploading it
>>
>>387831858
Game Freak just needs to focus more on freedom and exploration than having complex stories, handholding, and frequent cutscenes. Pokemon Sun reviewed well but I hated it so much for the reasons above. Pokemon is supposed to be about exploring a new world, not following a yellow waypoint on your minimap so you can watch another cutscene.
>>
>>387831543
it pretty much already exists, look up pokemon essentials and pokemon unity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XozaGOtIGys
>>
>>387832405
story oriented Pokémon seems to be what they are going for right now and it sucks, kills all the replay value
>>
>>387832340
A voting system would probably sort that out though? So like you can download the most popular/most highly rated etc

I haven't played super mario maker so idk how they did that
>>
How to fix Pokemon:
>Be more like Golden Sun and less like Final Fantasy

The end thank you have a good day.
>>
>>387831376
The beauty of Mario Maker is how simple it is to make a playable level and how easy it is to jump right in. That simplicity is lost upon anything like Zelda or Pokemon.
>>
>>387831768
If you're seriously entertaining the idea of Gamefreak supplying the public with what you're implying would essentially be a complete Pokemon developer suite (i.e. the same depth of tools that romhack developers have) then I think you might have brain damage. Not trying to be rude but come on. It would spell the death of the franchise.
>>
>>387832625
>be more like garbage and less like trash.
Huh?
>>
>>387832534

Super Mario Maker had a star system that people abused by making hundreds of thousands of "music" levels that play themselves without any input.

Oh and they made a webpage for you to use to search levels from. It's shit.
>>
>>387831376
it would be shit but the concept alone would cause it so sell millions of switches
get on it nintendo
>>
>>387832625
Make Colosseum/ Gale Of Darkness 2 but with an actual mainland campaign as well.
>>
This wouldn't work well. Creating an RPG is a lot more complex than creating a platformer level.
>>
>>387832727
Golden sun embodies or exemplifies the spirit of early Pokemon in its gameplay priorities. Dungeons are light puzzles using skills you collect from monsters and this needs to come back. The HM concept wasn't bad, its implementations just became bloated and superfluous.

We need to make dungeons matter. Make them interesting. Otherwise we wind up with linear gym rushes with interspersed overly long cutscenes again and again.
>>
>>387831664
so it's a dumbed down RPG Maker?
>>
>>387833008
Honestly what's wrong with a dumbed-down RPG maker?
>>
>>387833980
It already exists dumbass, and yes it sucks.
>>
>>387832910
I think you're severely underestimating the degree of autism a large section of the Pokemon player base has.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.