[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Songbird have to die? He literally did nothing wrong.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

File: 2103_956550981.png (239KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
2103_956550981.png
239KB, 640x360px
Why did Songbird have to die? He literally did nothing wrong.
>>
She
>>
>>387831079
He was wrong for not breaking out Elisabeth himself, even when she was tortured into being Comstock's successor.
>>
>>387831079
>He literally did nothing
True.
>>
>>387831079
>He literally did nothing wrong
He was a robot built to enslave Elisabeth

>>387832529
HDF
>>
He did an awful job of protecting her.
>>
he was in a very shitty game
>>
>>387831079
>He literally did nothing
this
>>
>>387833348
>he was in very shitty game
the only reason you don't like the game is because it's popular
>>
>>387833587
the only reason i don't like it because it's very shitty
>>
File: 1486127981799.jpg (138KB, 750x750px)
1486127981799.jpg
138KB, 750x750px
>>387831079
>Bioshock is 10 years old today
>>
>>387831079
muh feels
>>
not my fault he doesn't know how to swim
>>
>>387833587
he only reason you don't like his comment is because it's popular
>>
>>387831079
He was going to be a boss-fight before the story got changed. everything in the game implied a really cool sky-line fight. More specifically that giant bridge connecting the cities from the trailer before it all got scrappei.
>>
>>387831079

infinite's ending was such shit, when I saw this my jaw dropped and I wanted to punch levine so fucking hard for making something so incomprehensibly stupid
>>
>>387833270

this

I was really hoping BI would have been somewhat open world and feature songbird attacks if you fucked up (like shooting everyone you see) but instead it's just scripted sequences.
>>
>>387832529
>>387833258
In the making of book the plan was to unveil that Songbird was what happen to Elisabeth if she forgave/spared Booker and went on her own to become a a lovecrafting monster that gets caught and mind broken to protect herself.
>>
>>387834353
By that point I just spewed out "of course you would!", it was such flaming garbage at that point I couldn't care.
>>
>>387834665

i was still hopeful that it'd surprise me and something good would happen. Instead it went from nonsensical to straight stupid.
>>
>>387831079
>mfw it wasn't a boss
what a fucking waste
>>
>>387833270
>Literally stops booker infinite times until he receives knowledge from the future to win by default
>Did a bad job

wat
>>
File: nightmare vision.png (32KB, 591x275px)
nightmare vision.png
32KB, 591x275px
>>387834353
>mfw infinite's ending
>mfw burial at sea is somehow worse
can we never let levine write again?
>>
>>387834975
BaS was being made after Levine announced Irrational was closing. P2 had a skeleton crew of like 6 people or something.
>>
>>387834143
>>387834587

I really feel like Bioshock Infinite was a great game in the making until you encounter the WE WUZ KANGS and get thrown into Pinkertown or whatever and have to find the Chinese Gunsmith and everything you knew doesn't matter because the writer can shift dimensions at will for infinite asspulls.

fuck

"OH NO, WE DIDN'T REALIZE WE'D HAVE TO CARRY ALL THIS MACHINERY BACK THROUGH THESE HALLS THAT AREN'T BIG ENOUGH FOR IT TO COME THROUGH IN THE FIRST PLACE! OOPS!" BOOKER WHY DON'T WE DIMENSION JUMP TO A DIMENSION WHERE THAT'S DONE

hey here's an idea how about we dimension jump to a realm where i don't get a fetch quest from puddle deep whining proud people of colors that were imported by people who hate colors so much they brought some colors along just to hate them harder

how about i just dimension jump to a timeline where i'm at the end of this stupid fetch quest

how about we just time jump to paris because the limiter in the tower only works when the plot requires it

fuck im mad again
>>
Songbird was the only good thing about Bioshock Infinite
>>
>>387835498

at least until you realize there's no danger and he's just a scene change device
>>
>>387835446
Well everything in BSI is just a fragment of what it was originally. The political shit and Vox were much larger in the early gameplay.
>>
File: 1441833145745.jpg (16KB, 114x220px)
1441833145745.jpg
16KB, 114x220px
So why didn't Elizabeth just jump into that Paris portal she made?
>>
File: 1500793055073.jpg (128KB, 480x330px)
1500793055073.jpg
128KB, 480x330px
>>387833650
where did the time go
>>
File: 6256245647.jpg (114KB, 1920x1080px)
6256245647.jpg
114KB, 1920x1080px
>>387834587
The original plot was straight forward, Booker gets baptized becomes Comstock and messes with the time stream and was originally planned to be a time manipulator that force himself to not be baptized to ensure he have a heir, as well as ruining himself to ensure he could buy the child, however it strain time so badly that reality itself was dying, thus the twins went to fix it by having Booker stop Comstock in hopes the paradox would fix itself, however all this caused was a serious fractures in reality (you could say and infinity of them were made) and as such they started to pile on to this single event in history which was Columbia. Songbird was suppose to be a huge boss fight that would lead to a twist paradox that as you were readying the death blow, Elisabeth would start to became weak and it would be discovered that Songbird was another version of her that try to fix everything but failed at it, they would then merge together creating a super powerful time manipulator and then the lighthouse ending events happen however the reason all the Elisabeth's wanted to kill Booker was because that was where the anomaly started and the only way to ensure all that hell everyone suffered wouldn't happen would be if he killed himself so then Booker would drown himself to ensure none of that hell would ever happen. It's a safe bet that the reason this was all so heavily rework is because this really limited what DLC and sequels could do with the property so that overhall happen.
>>
File: 1395792075142.gif (402KB, 500x375px)
1395792075142.gif
402KB, 500x375px
>>387831079
>Songbird is hyped up to be something big that eventually leads to fucking nothing.

It's actually a good metaphor for BS:I. It puts out things that makes you think they will lead to something but then the game goes "haha you EXPECTED it to lead somewhere but in the end its fucking nothing!".
>>
>>387836160

It's still a shitty plot though, that's the thing. Bioshock 3 should have been a straightforward sequel adapted off the book.
>>
When I came across the scene when Elizabeth opens a portal to the future, I was expect the ending to be something crazy like stuff from all kinds of time periods clashing

In a way, I was sort of right with all those alternate copies around you
>>
>He doesn't row?
>No, he DOESN'T row.
And that's when I realized the plot of 90% of the game.
Man the press stuff had me so hyped in the year or two before the game came out, showing you looking at a park where a political rally was going on, and there were people summoning crows at you after you sniped some of them.
And then we got this linear as fuck attempt at a time travel tale.
>>
>>387836674
It fucking enrages me.
>>
>>387834353
lel peabrain couldn't comprehend the game so his caveman brain imploded and he got mad.

UNGABUNGA BIOSHOCK NO BANG BANG GUN
>>
>>387837925

0/10
>>
>>387833587
Its mostly a pretty bland game. I still really liked it my first playthrough, but you quickly realize the weapon variety is fucking terrible and the story is clearly written in a backwards way where the final scene with the moral punchline of the game was untouchable and everything was crafted around it. Enemy variety is meh and fighting against the patriots and handymen isn't very satisfying. The saving grace of the game is that between the tears and vigors and equipment(though it was poorly implemented), and some of the environments, the combat can be really great. The bullet sponge enemies ruin the higher difficulties somewhat though. In the few really big areas with the skyrail, its legitimately some of the most fun I've ever had in a single player fps.
>>
>play the whole game expecting a boss fight with songbird
>he dies in a cutscene

critics will praise this for "subverting expectations"
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.