[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain the plot of the game to me? I understood

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 12

File: Virtues-Last-Reward-Box-Art_3DS.jpg (270KB, 1543x1378px) Image search: [Google]
Virtues-Last-Reward-Box-Art_3DS.jpg
270KB, 1543x1378px
Can someone explain the plot of the game to me? I understood most of the stuff, but the rotation of consciousness between those five points (A,B,C,D and E) in time is fucking insane.
Also, if I understood correctly, Sigma is old all the time throughout the timeline in which the ending of the game happens (the timeline in which Akane is in K's suit)? If so, is that the reason the girls react badly to his advances throughout the puzzle solving segments?
>>
File: 1489706160702.jpg (22KB, 349x416px) Image search: [Google]
1489706160702.jpg
22KB, 349x416px
>>387829343
Don't worry anon, nothing of that matters in ZTD
>>
>>387829343
Woooow watch those spoilers anon.
>>
>>387829343
Basically, they are trying to go back in time and stop the events that cause this game to happen and create a golden timeline\AU where nobody died from RAD-6 and those anti-matter missiles.
>>
>>387829797
I know that's the basic explanation, but I'm interested in the details.
>>
>>387829486
i hurt myself today
>>
>>387829486
>>387829923
What do you mean? Also is it true ZTD is a terrible game?
>>
>>387829343
Him being an old man all along was a horrible twist. So what if he's got cybernetic young man arms? Nobody ever commented on his appearance? He didn't feel the big apparatus stuck to his face over his eye, or replacing it even? They took it too far with that one. Also the disease slowing down time or speeding it up or whatever was also patently absurd. I love the game but it definitely has a few weak points, my least favorite in the series
>>
>>387829868
Post some more in-depth questions then anon and I'll answer to the best I can.

Also, yes to your other question.
>>
>>387830084
Nah, its okay. I mean, I liked it a lot. But I can see why people like it the least, and it leaves a few loose ends that some found very upsetting. And the all 3D thing is a bad meme, they should have gone back to portraits and 2D. Its so cheesy and hard to take seriously sometimes.
>>
>>387830093
>He didn't feel the big apparatus stuck to his face over his eye, or replacing it even?
Yeah, it was extremely far-fetched, but I think it believable, at least.
>Also the disease slowing down time or speeding it up or whatever was also patently absurd
I definitely agree with you on this one, I mean, how can it be so selective, changing how you feel gravity, but making you communicate normally? I guess you can argue the final phase of the disease was when you got suicidal or started zoning out, but how come only Alice and Quark got into that final phase?
There's one scene where Phi, Clover and Sigma all say they feel like they're floating etc,
but I still don't think that's enough to ameliorate that stupid plot twist. At least they tried, I guess.

>my least favorite in the series
I loved VLR a lot more than 999 because it has a much bigger scale and the OST is better, but I do agree the character cast is inferior purely because of Snake being in 999, I really love that guy.

>>387830149
>Post some more in-depth questions
Can you explain the switching of consciousness between the A, B, C, D and E points? Akane explains it in-game, but I still didn't understand it.
Also, did I guess about Sigma being old in that one time line so that's why Clover and others react badly to his advances?
>>
>>387830267
I think I'll play the game, but after I rest from VLR, I've been playing it for nine hours today, I feel really tired.
>>
>>387830084
>is it true ZTD is a terrible game?
That's a fucking understatement.
>>
>>387829343
The chart at the end is a straight line. A-B-C-D-E.
It's not as complex as you think.
>>
>>387831070
Yeah but which consciousness keeps throwing out which ones from their respective bodies? And why is Sigma old in that one timeline? Don't just the consciousness switch? If the body follows the consciousness, then Old Sigma should have been in 2028. and young one in 2075.
>>
Is sigma old in every timeline?
What consience is in sigma's body in ztd? Where's the other consience?
Why did they need Junpei on the warehouse?
Why did they need Dio to plant the bombs? Couldn't they just plant the bombs themselves?
>>
>>387830631
First of all, Sigma is old throughout all timelines in VLR, not just the Alice line. In terms of the ABCDE thing, it's simpler than it sounds. It's just swapping minds between old Sigma and young Sigma. They swap at the start of the AB game, when young sigma is in his car, gets gassed and wakes up in the AB room, and then they swap back when Akane fakes a stab. All this means is that Sigma's mind takes an unusual path from his perspective, going from the car, to the future, back to the present, then living through 40 or so years until he gets sent back to the past to undertake his mission. If I remember correctly, the E is a theoretical timeline if he succeeds in his mission, which would then wreck the occurance of VLR, but fuck it time travel, it'll probably work out.
>>
>>387830631
The points are just landmarks for when each (plot important) "jump" takes place. The letters are organized chronologically by time / year, but not the order they take place to the player / Young Sigma's consciousness. Basically the plot happens like this:

1. Old Sigma jumps into Young Sigma's body (Intro scene where Akane kidnaps Sigma)
2. Young Sigma is pushed to the future where the game (VLR) starts
3. ZTD happens with Old Sigma in Young Sigma's body. In the VLR timeline, Sigma fails to prevent the release of radical-6.
4. Akane stabs Young Sigma (in Old Sigma's body, after the events of VLR) to push his consciousness back into his own body. This is the "no arms" scene. At this point there is no more time jumping until Sigma completes the AB game, at which point he jumps to the past (step 1.) Akane believes by jumping to the past, Sigma can create a new point on the timeline.

>>387831604
You always play as Young Sigma (in Old Body) in VLR, and the reverse in ZTD.
>>
>>387831309
You're always Young Sigma- Old Sigma swaps places with Young at the start of the game,
when Young is kidnapped, and then the game is always through Young's perspective, except the one line after Akane "stabs" Phi. Young's consciousness jumps to just before the annihilation reactors explode, which starts the cycle all over again, such that Young, now the new Old, would take control of new Young Sigma's body in 2028 and stop the DCOM shenanigans.
>>
>>387831612
>First of all, Sigma is old throughout all timelines in VLR, not just the Alice line
But that's insane, Clover clearly flirted with him a few times, is she into old men? Well,
I guess it's not impossible, but still. Also Luna responded positively a few times too, and Alice blushed at that one scene in her route. Are they all into old men? Well, Luna is understandable as she's a GOLEM, I guess.

>which would then wreck the occurance of VLR
I think it wouldn't, the timelines won't be erased, they'd just stay that way, but I guess the only timeline ZTD follows is the one in which Sigma and Phi succeeded, or something. Still haven't played the game.

>>387831854
Shit nigga, you spoiled ZTD for me.
>>
>>387831604
Yes.
Old Sigma's. The other conscience is simaltaneously undergoing VLR (or it might not be, since events in ZTD might fuck up VLR ever happening. In this case, we assume that the timelines have become seperated somehow.
Psi power battery? Sigma already saw him in the game so he has to invite him? His cool detective work with the luminol? Take your pick.
Why make Sigma make bombs when a helpful jihadist will come deliver them to you? And again, since Sigma already witnessed what occurs, Dio has to be a part of the game.

>>387831991
Pretty sure Clover is flirting with him purely to manipulate him. She's not actually going for grandpa dick, she bounces the fuck out immediately if you fall for it. I don't remember the Alice scene, but if Sigma's being lewd it's probably just Alice being embarassed by a dirty old man.
>>
>>387832367
I remember clearly, she did blush, after Sigma told her he's interested in her, it's implying romance, for sure. I would agree with the other Anon that claims you're always Young Sigma,
but obviously in the true ending near Kyle's coffin you are in Old Sigma's body. I think it's safer to say you're Old Sigma only in that one timeline or something, unless Alice really was blushing from embarrassment, but I highly doubt it.
>>
>>387829343
Slightly off-topic, but am I the only one bothered by Phi's expression here?
>>
>>387831991
What? Everything I told you is mentioned in VLR, including that Old Sigma is in ZTD and that he fails. In the VLR ending you return to young Sigma's body without his arms and eye, and he has to create the AB game again and become Akane's bitch. Hell, ZTD tells you about Old Sigma in the trailers. But that ends up mattering relatively little in the garnd scheme of things. Trust me, you're still going for a ride in ZTD.
>>
>>387830084
ZTD is crap. 999 and VLR take the entire game explaining Morphogenetic fields, so when it turns out the characters can access it it doesn't come out of nowhere.

ZTD just pulls mind hacks, alien teleportation pods, and complex motives out of nowhere.
>>
>>387832662
Not at all, also both Sigma and Phi don't look like that in-game. Phi looks much younger and her face is different, same goes for Sigma, and he looks really buffed and agressive in the box art.
>>
>>387832710
Oh, my bad then, sorry.
>>
File: Ou4qN.jpg (178KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
Ou4qN.jpg
178KB, 960x544px
>>387830631
Alright shit where to begin.

Akane kidnaps Sigma (She's not really kidnapping him, just giving him a shock) but the shock of these events causes his consciousness to switch with the consciousness of Sigma in the elevator when he's an old man and when he's finished the Ambidex Nonary Game. The young Sigma's consciousness must jump somewhere therefore his consciousness inhabits the old Sigma who's just jumped back to his younger body. Young Sigma in his old body goes through the Nonary Game as planned to gain his powers but also so that Phi can obtain them too. At the end the shock both Young Sigma and the Sigma after the events of ZTD causes both of them to switch again. At this point it should be noted that the Sigma who's went through ZTD has failed fucking miserably and lost both his arms and an eye. Young Sigma receives an explanation from Akane to develop the Nonary game blah blah blah and then after all this is done which is after a really long fucking time he chills in the elevator and waits for his consciousness to jump back to Point A before ZTD happens so that he can hopefully fix it this time.
>>
>>387832605
No that's retarded. Exhibit A, old sigma is present in the director's office as a recording in a Tenmyouji line. Exhibit B, Dio calls Sigma a senile old fuck in the ending where he gets his hand chopped off. Exhibit C, who in the fuck else is going to build the AB game alone for 40 years? Sigma is always old physically in the events of VLR, this has never been a point of contention before.
>>
>>387833123
I completely forgot about A and especially B (it did seem weird to me that Dio called him a senile old fuck), but what do you mean by C?
>>
>>387832605
You are never playing as Old Sigma in VLR you are always Young Sigma and the body he inhabits is his older self. There are plenty of points in VLR where characters refer to Sigma as an old man and but he never notices due to various factors.
>>
What does the nineth lion and the sun mean?
Why was it all over the warehouse?
>>
Wanna get into these games but only have a 3ds, are they all on the eshop?
>>
>>387833289
Sigma is the one who builds the AB game. After he fails his mission in ZTD, he gets patched up and given robo-arms, and is then sent to the moon base to begin the AB project, to create the AB game. He's Zero, how in the fuck did you miss this? If he is physically young in VLR, who spent 40 years setting up the AB game? Presumably you think that in most timelines he just got cryo'd, but if he did, there's nobody to build the game.
>>
>>387833615
VLR and ZTD are, yeah.
Just emulate 999 if you can't find a copy.
>>
>>387833615
yes, but you might want to play the third one on pc, the 3ds version sucks.
>>
>>387833728
How essential is 999?
>>
>>387833539
The man on the moon rules the infinite time.

>>387833123
Who else is going to create the AB Nonary Game?
>>
>>387833791
don't bother playing the series if you're not gonna play 999, it's literally the most important one in the series and also the best
>>
>>387833791
It's most worth.
ZTD is the only one you should consider skipping.
>>
>>387833817
Yeah, but what's its tacit meaning, like it could have been anything, but they put a big emphasis on the lions, there would be no need to mention it anywhere but warehouse b.
>>
>>387833791
999 is excellent, do not skip it. It will also make VLR better a better experience for you.

Sadly I cannot say the same for ZTD.
>>
File: ever17.jpg (409KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ever17.jpg
409KB, 1600x1200px
>>387830093
>was a horrible twist.
The twist worked way better in ever17, which is where like 90% of material for zero escape got recycled from.
>>
>>387833995
There's some lion symbolism at various points in VLR but from what I remember it was chalked up as Dio just being shit at doing anagrams and trying to mislead everyone.
>>
>>387833682
You're right, my bad, I'm just tired because of playing for so long.
One more question - in Dio's route,
Phi, Sigma and Dio all escape and together go to the nearest settlement, but why does it then abruptly end before we see them get to that settlement? The game could have somehow stopped them from getting there, like Dio killing them, much better than having such a cliffhanger. What if Sigma asked Dio for the other bomb codes and he gave them to him,
then he remembered them and traveled back to the past? Of course, the game would have been a lot shorter then.
>>
>>387834724
Probably because it'd get really obvious when they went to Rizome that they're actually on the moon. I mean, they're still all infected with radical 6. Best case is they die before they reach a settlement and potentially infect it.
>>
>>387834952
You're right, but the best option was to kill them off, or at least Sigma and Phi in that ending.
A bad decision made for I don't know what reason. It's interesting to imagine what happened in that timeline though, did they go with Dio and chill out after all that shit?
>>
>>387829343
>this guy
>22
must have used a lot of drugs!
ZTD twists were incredibly forced. Nakamura is a hack
>>
File: Zero_Sr..png (87KB, 200x469px) Image search: [Google]
Zero_Sr..png
87KB, 200x469px
>>387835114
forgot the spoiler
>>
>>387834952
When Tenmyouji realizes who Zero sr. is, why does he say nothing to Sigma when he meets him with Phi in the rec room where he tests them with Luminol? Does he mean that he realized that Zero is the one who killed Akane, and that he doesn't know his exact identity yet, but will figure it out once he finds out who killed Akane?
>>
>see a plague doctor
>get instantly butthurt

Fuck this shitty series and fuck ZTD especially.
>>
File: 1467762105625.png (505KB, 500x678px) Image search: [Google]
1467762105625.png
505KB, 500x678px
>>387829343

On Dec 25, 2028 (Point A), a girl named Phi has her consciousness sent forward in time to Jan 25, 2074 (Point B). Her body does not appear to be much older despite being hurtled about 45 years into the future. Phi plays through the Nonary Game: Ambidex Edition. Throughout the game, Phi develops esper powers.
After the Nonary Game ends, on Jan. 27, 2074 (Point C), Phi is attacked by Akane Kurashiki and her consciousness is sent back to the past on April 13, 2029 (Point D). However, at this time Phi’s body was already placed into cold stasis, so she cannot awaken. Her body is being stored in a younger Akane’s headquarters along with two other frozen people: Clover and Alice.
While in cold stasis, Phi’s body is transported to a facility on the moon known as Rhizome-9, where the Nonary Game: Ambidex Edition is set to take place. After 45 years, on Jan. 25, 2074 (Point B), Phi is unfrozen and wakes up. She meets Dr. Klim and the two of them both send their consciousness back to the past on Dec. 25, 2028 (Point A). Phi, now in her slightly younger body, seeks out Dr. Klim who is now in his younger college-aged body. Together, the two infiltrate the Mars Mission Testing Site on Dec. 31, 2028 (Point D) where they try to stop the spread of Radical-6. This is the plot of Zero Time Dilemma.
In a Bad Ending for ZTD, Phi and Dr. Klim fail to stop the spread of Radical-6. At some time before April 13, 2029 (Point D), Phi finds Akane Kurashiki and volunteers to be placed into cold stasis. While frozen on April 13, 2029 (Point D), Phi’s consciousness is flung forward in time to Jan. 27, 2074 (Point C). Phi then meets a mysterious person inhabiting the body of Kyle Klim.
In a Good Ending for ZTD, Phi succeeds in stopping the spread of Radical-6 and creates the new timeline branching off from Point E.
>>
File: 1482019935290.gif (987KB, 350x525px) Image search: [Google]
1482019935290.gif
987KB, 350x525px
>>387835363

On Dec. 25, 2028 (Point A), college student Sigma Klim is "kidnapped" from his car. His consciousness is sent forward in time to Jan. 25, 2074 (Point B), where he inhabits his 67 year old self's body. He then participates in the Nonary Game: Ambidex Edition.

After the Nonary Game ends, on Jan. 27, 2074 (Point C), Sigma is seemingly stabbed by Akane Kurashiki and his consciousness is sent back to the past on April 13, 2029 (Point D) where he awakens in a younger Akane's headquarters. Sigma discovers his arms and eye to be missing, apparently lost trying to save a woman. Radical-6 has spread and the world is in disarray.

Sigma then spends the next 45 years working with Akane to create the Nonary Game: Ambidex Edition and transform himself into a powerful esper. During this time, he becomes an expert in genetic engineering, robotics, and artificial intelligence.
On Jan. 25, 2074 (Point B), the older Sigma, now known as Dr. Klim, sends his consciousness back to the past on Dec. 25, 2028 (Point A). Dr. Klim inhabits his younger college-aged self's body and infiltrates the Mars Mission Testing Site on Dec. 31, 2028 (Point E) where he hopes to stop the spread of Radical-6. This is the plot of Zero Time Dilemma.

In a Bad Ending for ZTD, Dr. Klim loses his arms and eye and fails to stop the spread of Radical-6. He is taken into custody by Akane for recovery and on April 13, 2029 (Point D), Dr. Klim's consciousness returns to the future on Jan. 27, 2074 (Point C).
In a Good Ending for ZTD, Dr. Klim succeeds in stopping the spread of Radical-6 and creates the new timeline branching off from Point E.
>>
>>387835363
>>387835480
Thanks, this is the easiest explanation ih this thread.
>>
What the hell happens in Clover's ending?
>>
>>387836360
they all killed themselves because of radical 6
>>
>>387836871
I got that, but why did Radical-6 activate in each one of them only in that one timeline?
>>
>>387829486
>playing ztd
>>
File: 3577263-skullgreymon.gif (26KB, 664x500px) Image search: [Google]
3577263-skullgreymon.gif
26KB, 664x500px
>>387830631
It's been a while but
the 'floating' ' is represented by Phi jumping at the start of the game. She can only do that if she was a ROBOT. She isn't so why could she jump like 10 feet in the air?

it's to red herring her being a robot when in reality it's to show they are without gravity

They made about 20+ references to sigma being an old man

Also, he didn't feel the eye machine/arm shit etc because his body is used to it, so it's like another limb
>>
>>387838284
I understand everything except the first part about floating. I get that, and that it was a red herring, but I still think the plot twist is stupid because as I mentioned, how can they perceive gravity differently, but everything else related to cognition got left untouched. Unless it wasn't untouched, but everyone was slow so no one noticed? That would be a fine explanation if Quark and Alice didn't become phased in so many timelines and started responding slowly.
Does that mean that they got even slower than the others? And why does that happen to only Quark and Alice, and not the others (except in one of so many time lines in the game)?
>>
So the events of ZTD is when old sigma was in young sigma's body therefore after VLR but before the ending where we see a Sigma without arms and one eye?
>>
>>387838529
The virus applies to everyone as a "BASELINE". Think of getting a cold. Some people become bitches and can't move and are stuck in bed. Others can play sports and just ignore that shit.

Following this, the reason those two got fucked by the virus more than everyone else is because it's "PREDERMINATION"

This is found in other shows like
Steins Gate with Mayuri's death being unable to avoid
or Donny Darko with basically everything
Final fantasy 8 with Ultimecia, Orphanage etc

It's pretty common thing.

The Floating thing was again, a red herring and the contestants knew about a robot,
but assumed it was her or just didn't care enough about it.

Maybe she jumped within the realm of possibility or something but it's been a while on that part.
>>
File: snails-for-kids.jpg (13KB, 300x180px) Image search: [Google]
snails-for-kids.jpg
13KB, 300x180px
>>387838284
>>387838985
>>387838846
Young Sigma(Kid)->VLROld Sigma(Kid)=WINS
___
Young Sigma(Kid)->VLROld Sigma(Kid)=LOSES
^THEN -> Old Sigma(old)->Young Sigma(Old)->ZTD
>>
File: gestalt.png (28KB, 1920x780px) Image search: [Google]
gestalt.png
28KB, 1920x780px
>>387839324
>>387829343
I made this just now, It's basically what happens.
>>
【F】
>>
File: 1448563049235.jpg (86KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1448563049235.jpg
86KB, 800x600px
>>387834486
>>
Why does K fuck people over (including you) in a few timelines, and escapes leaving the others? Isn't he supposed to be the clone Sigma made, why would he do that? Is it because he has no memories?
>>
>>387842173
Yes, and (ZTD spoilers) he fucks you over in his ending to make you choose between him and your daughter.
>>
>>387838284
>>387838985
Why does Phi jump so high only a few times in the game? Is it because she only wanted to do it at those specific times? Even then, how did she do it if she has Radical-6 inside her?
>>
>>387842672
I think first time wasn't on purpose,
and the second time was spur of the moment with slight knowledge she could reach Dio from there. It's also because of low gravity and not radical-6, though the latter makes them feel like it's regular gravity (low-grav feeling is offset by r-6's brain-slowing factor
>>
>>387842863
So what you're trying to say is that any one of them could have jumped that high if they wanted to, but they didn't because they thought they were on Earth?
>brain-slowing factor
Why do they perceive gravity like that thanks to it, but not everything else (others talking to them etc)?
>>
>>387842990
1 : I don't think anybody jumped or needed to aside from Phi in the whole game, but yes, they could've. 2 : Because they all speak this slowly, so none of them have any reason to suspect something's wrong. Even Zero 3rd speaks slower to them so that nothing can tick them off.
>>
>>387843261
I think I get it - you're saying that because all of them are speaking slowly, there's no reference point for them to realize they're slowed down? And Zero 3rd speaks slower as well on purpose so that they don't have a reference point to realize they're all slowed down?
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.