[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will I be able to get by in this game without having friends

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: jMux8ZqzKMhECxQuhgu4NrbqrA.png (595KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
jMux8ZqzKMhECxQuhgu4NrbqrA.png
595KB, 1200x630px
Will I be able to get by in this game without having friends and being somewhat anti-social? Or will I just not be able to do anything like in other MMOs?
>>
You should be able to do everything but raids yeah
>>
File: IMG_0090.png (59KB, 658x662px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0090.png
59KB, 658x662px
I finished the story and I didn't make a single friend along the way... so you should be fine.
>>
>>387829687
So I cant raid without friends? Well that sucks, dont think ill be playing then. its the same in WoW and any other MMO though so I'm not surprised. Even if you work hard to get geared and good at your role it doesn't matter, people would still take their shitlord buddy over you.
>>
You should be able to do everything, just like in other mmos. If you can't do everything in other mmos while still being a loner you just suck.
>>
>>387830172
You can still raid dork, there's parties until for all of the content and you can even make your own.
>>
>>387830332
o3s and o4s is unpuggable in NA though
o1s and o2s is irrelevant midcore content
>>
File: 20170622132154_1.jpg (633KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170622132154_1.jpg
633KB, 1920x1080px
>>387829249

95% of the game is a single player PvE story game. And even the toughest dungeons in the game can be completed with random queues. Just join the first Free Company you get invited to and ride the EXP bonuses. You'll most likely quit after you finish the story anyway.
>>
File: angered raccoon.webm (388KB, 240x426px) Image search: [Google]
angered raccoon.webm
388KB, 240x426px
>>387830172
>people should take me to raids even if they don't know or like me
is this what being a millennial is like
>>
I just started playing and that's how I felt. Its tough to solo as a conjurer only because until youre a higher level you spam one or two skills for offense. Just join a free company and youre good. Story is slow at first but gets better
>>
There's already a thread up, use that one and let this one die and dont give the autistic janny any extra reason to get ff14 threads deleted
>>
>>387830172
join a static then
it's never too late to join one, there's alot of people every week looking for someone of a specific class despite being 6 weeks into the raid
but keep in mind, playing ffxiv competently at end game is a bit hard to learn and it will take some time before you'll be at a decent level
>>
>>387830614

>Its tough to solo as a conjurer only because until youre a higher level you spam one or two skills for offense.
The game is made so literally any one can do everything. It's not tough to solo as a healer. Healers are too strong in PvE with damage boosts and protect. If anything, the game gets boring after level 35 because regen makes it so you never die. Every battle is just an endurance of HP and you have endless HP.
>>
>>387830484
?? I'm not sure if you're baiting or not. If I work towards preparing myself to do something in a video game, I should be able to do it, not be prevented from doing it because I'm not a facebook tier mingling normie.

At one time it wasnt like this in WoW. In vanilla if I remember correctly I worked hard to get pre-raid geared and along the way I was noticed by people in raiding guilds for being good at my role and a dedicated player, so I was invited to go along with them to AQ40 and Naxx.

None of that matters nowadays though it seems. If you just ride enough dick your skill and gear level means nothing. And thats why MMOs arent for me anymore.
>>
>>387830937
yeah
it sucks that this is what has become of mmos
i still play ffxiv because it's all i have left
>>
>>387831215
>it's all i have left
>>>/vg/
>>
File: 1465374922116.jpg (75KB, 434x422px) Image search: [Google]
1465374922116.jpg
75KB, 434x422px
>>387830937
What the hell are you talking about you dumb retard? If you got noticed by PuGs in WoW, what's stopping you from doing the same in XIV? That's how statics are made. For a guy that got invited to do Naxx you sure are retarded. I bet you didn't last long in your guild until you got benched.
>>
>>387831790
>If you got noticed by PuGs in WoW, what's stopping you from doing the same in XIV?

I dont know because I havent played FFXIV. But if its anything like wow (which seems to be the case), the reason is because the game is so casual and easy mode that being skilled/dedicated is largely irrelevant and groups can get by with a gang of under geared shitlords and never have to deviate from their circlejerk of butt-buddies because gear is handed out for little to no effort which allows them to kill the bosses eventually, no matter how awful they are.
>>
>>387832209
You have no idea how both games play right now at endgame. You sound very ignorant to make general assumptions like that of games you never experienced currently. You should kill yourself.
>>
>>387829249
>>387783108
>>387783108
>>
>>387829249
Yes you will, static raid groups are gay anyway. You can do everything via PF, sure, it takes more time, but it's better than having static raid times and dealing with fags over discord.

>>387832685
Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>387829249
it's best played with friends, the game give you tons of tools to make friends. make the best of it.
>>
>>387833584

>it's best played with friends
>can't do 90% of the game in a party
Wut?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.