[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people treat Dark Souls like it's the first difficult

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: dark_souls.jpg (233KB, 1456x819px) Image search: [Google]
dark_souls.jpg
233KB, 1456x819px
Why do people treat Dark Souls like it's the first difficult game in existence and compare any game regardless of genre to it if it's even moderately challenging?
>>
>>387824878

because of memes
>>
>>387824878
Wow what an original observation you have there
>>
>>387824878
Because it was the first one that came out after every studio phoned it in for a decade and was pumping out shovelware that made lifelong gamers hate video games.
>>
>>387824878
Beats me. PS1 Rayman was much harder.
>>
because of blind idiots who barely played games in the 2000's like >>387825241 who don't even fully comprehend that it's a fucking sequel to a game.
>>
>>387825534
You're correct that I never had a PS3 but all I ever do is play video games I'm aware that's not something to be proud of. Please understand that not everybody can play every game, and with that in mind, many people had a similar experience in the late 2000s because many games were kiddy shit.
>>
>>387825534
Lets be real senpai. Demon Souls was a Dark Souls beta test.
>>
>>387824878
It did it the best and was the most fun
>>
>>387824878
I liked it because it was difficult but at the same time the world/lore/etc. encouraged me to keep playing despite how many times I rage quit at first. It was both difficult and fun. But I do agree that there are much harder video games than DaS
>>
>>387824878
>Why do people treat Dark Souls like it's the first difficult game in existence
Because most popular/AAA games are piss easy at all times. Souls game aren't that difficult, you're right, but compared to 99% of what gets released these days they require far more patience, strategy, and knowledge of certain mechanics to progress.
>>
i dropped it after dying 3 times to the first boss, so it's hard
>>
>>387825534
git gud casual
seriously its not even that hard...
>>
>>387825534
If you look at only mainstream games, he's right. Dark Souls was one of the few mainstream games that trusted you weren't a moron and paid attention to beat the game, whereas a lot of popular games even now assume you're retarded and need your hand held
>>
because it wasn't casual friendy in an era full of casual gamers
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.