[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got Portal today, and finished it today. Why is it so short?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 417147-portal-logo.jpg (79KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
417147-portal-logo.jpg
79KB, 1920x1080px
I got Portal today, and finished it today. Why is it so short?
>>
>>387822294
Because it as made by two guys who got noticed by valve way back and it was a filler in the orange box.
>>
>>387822294
it was never meant to be long
barely had a plot and differente resources in the test chambers to hold a long game

portal 2 is longer because muh plot and more stuff was added, but is still a short game
>>
>>387822294
Because it was five games for $50 upon release.
>>
>>387822294
Because it was meant to be basically a small spin off "demo" in the HL universe, a small addition
>>
Because it doesn't need to be any longer.
>>
>>387822294
it's a demo for Portal 2
>>
>>387822665
Is 2 better or more shit?
>>
>>387823697
1 is the really special one because of how unique it was at the time but 2 is still good
>>
>>387823697
In my opinion 2 feels like it's made by people who didn't "get" Portal. Everything's redesigned and it's bigger and louder and flashier and more impressive, with humour that's super in-your-face and bombastic, which just kind of ignores that Portal was a quiet and subtle game. I kind of roll my eyes whenever someone calls something "Reddit", but when it's stated that Portal technology was accidentally invented as a way to more efficiently move shower curtains I think I kind of understand what they mean.
>>
>>387823697
The humor takes a nosedive at times because the writers really wanted more memes, but Wheatley is pretty funny anyway.
>>
>>387823697
It's not better than the first, but I wouldn't call the first one shit either.

Portal 1 and 2 are both great games.
Simply don't expect the second coming of Christ; and its fanbase is cancer.
>>
>>387824173
It really is peak reddit.
>>
>>387823697
The real game of portal 2 is in coop
i really like sp bust most people don't. If you liked the puzzles in the first one then pick it up
>>
File: Ea_6tFl-.jpg (42KB, 517x517px) Image search: [Google]
Ea_6tFl-.jpg
42KB, 517x517px
>>387824173
I think i get what you mean.Thanks anon!
>>
>>387824220
Haha le epic cake vro
>>
>>387824173
The shower curtain joke was part of the original game and predates portal 2 by years.
>>
File: 1492046016939.png (526KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492046016939.png
526KB, 960x720px
>>387822294
Here's a free port of the xbox 360 DLC. It should be about as long a s the base game.
There's a link to it in the video description.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivj-0EJT0wc

If you do download and try it out, make sure you go into "Bonus Levels" and pick the "TFV map pack", INSTEAD of picking New Game.
The TFV map pack is basically more polished versions of the same maps you'd play if you press New Game.
>>
>>387822294
Portal is not finished until you get the Aperature Science achievement.
>>
>>387827732
Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention that the game appears in your steam library as a separate game. After putting the files in the correct folder, you need to restart steam before it appears in your library.
>>
>>387824173
THE CAKE WAS A LIE XDD
>>
>>387824173
Besides the fact (another anon pointed out) that the shower curtain joke was attached to the original, GLaDOS stands for Genetic Lifeform and Disk Operating System. But I kind of feel like Portal was the genesis of the Reddit stereotype, that Portal was one of the things that made this sort of dorky-irreverent humor popular. As you said, though, Portal was a lot subtler, particularly than anything that came after: consider the handling of the cake ("first you will be baked, then there will be cake," and "the cake is a lie" was scrawled on the walls where someone had clearly hidden out and starved to death), versus the stupid horseshit about lemons in the sequel.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.