[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to play any decent videogames if you're blind?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_9928.png (518KB, 1076x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9928.png
518KB, 1076x1600px
Is it possible to play any decent videogames if you're blind? Can playing with just sound and a ton of effort alone work?
>>
>>387822228
you do understand the word video right?
>>
if by blind you mean total vision loss then the list is narrow. but if your sense of vision isn't totally gone then there's lots you could play with a bit of adaption
>>
>>387822228
Lol no
>>
>>387822228
you'd need a good audio setup
>>
>>387822228
Of course it's possible, some blind guy played the shit out of Ocarina of Time
>>
>>387822228
Pretty sure I beat the first level of Halo CE with my eyes closed when I was 13.

I could see (lol) a blind person being able to play racing sims if you have surround indicators for the distance to objects around you.
>>
>>387823994

That was after a speedrunner mapped out the entire game with steps like "Turn right here, hold Z, sidehop three times, backflip twice, then jump attack." etc.

So another person with vision would have to map the game out for you before you could even hope to play it, unless the game is from several years in the future, where legitimate games for blind people have already been made.
>>
I remember there was one HL2 mod where you had to play entirely only by listening
>>
https://youtu.be/yoyReJLXo_8
>>
i once watched a blind guy beat the water temple in ocarina of time

he used the hookshot to figure out where the walls were, by listening to how long it took for the hookshot to hit

it was pretty nuts
>>
>>387825278
came to post this.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.