[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mega Man NEVER "sold hot cakes"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: 1460101284411.gif (1MB, 474x289px) Image search: [Google]
1460101284411.gif
1MB, 474x289px
Enough with this "WOOOOOOOOW LE CAPCOM HATES MONEY" fake news, Mega Man games statistically sell zilch, zero, nada, fuck all. Want proof sweetums?

>http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Best_selling_Capcom_games
The top selling Mega Man game, which has been outgunned by Monster Hunter, Resident Evil and Street Fighter is a game that came out in 1988

The individual Mega Man games never sold gangbusters, they just made a fuckton of them, because back then you could afford to do that without much loss because games were less expensive to make.

People remember Mega Man more as a character than his own fucking games, and even then, he isn't that popular. He's C-list, at best, I know the fanbase is very vocal and very passionate and they don't want to hear me tell you any of this, but it's the truth. If Capcom were madmen enough to sell you a new Mega Man for $20-$30 in 2017 I can bet dollars to donuts at least a hard 60% of the imminent negative replies to this thread would not buy a copy. Refute this if you think I am wrong.
>>
Sega sure got away with it
>>
What Mega Man needs right now is the Sonic Mania treatment. Just a bunch of dedicated fans who get hired to make a new game faithful to the classics.
>>
Damn you must be salty as all hell to make a thread with your copy and pasted posts the next day

Get over yourself
>>
>>387819412
They already did nearly a decade ago they're called 9 and 10

And they didn't have to rehash old levels either.
>>
>this thread again

sonicfags sure do complain don't they
>>
>>387820254
Nah, they can do it again and this time actually market it like mania

10 got little to no marketing at all
>>
>>387817909
megaman's dated
>>
What kind of man uses the word sweetums?
>>
File: sales.png (15KB, 717x317px) Image search: [Google]
sales.png
15KB, 717x317px
>>387817909
>Didn't sell anything xD
>>
>>387820945
That kinda proves they didn't sell, 30mil over 130 titles is pretty bad.
>>
>>387820254
>And they didn't have to rehash old levels either
Ironic considering that not only did 9 suck MM2's dick so hard it almost fell off but it had exact sections from the older games like the part with the bubbles rising in the water being from MM5.
>>
>>387817909
Damn he's using the word I used in my post yesterday
In the title.

Megaman2 sold enough hotcakes for them to rehash it 50 times though.

But kinda getting tired of these rehashed threads, you literally copy pasta'd your posts from yesterday kid
>>
>>387820638
A faggot man.
>>
File: 1501528765574.png (171KB, 310x450px) Image search: [Google]
1501528765574.png
171KB, 310x450px
>>387820945
>134 titles
>31 mil sales

Kek, this shit sells like garbage
>>
>>387817909
>Megaman
It's shit, why would I bother
>X
Considered
>Legends 3
>I never played them, psx or n64?
>>
>>387820945
>MonHun has 36
>Outsells it

You simply proved his point.
>>
>>387822320
PS1
>>
>>387817909
Megaman's weapon variety and advanced movement is just begging to be retooled into an FPS series.
>>
I just want a new Megaman game, fuck off.
>>
megaman thread?
>>
>>387820945
>re evil
>116 titles
what
>>
>>387823278
Probably counts all the releases an rereleases on every platform as separate release.
>>
Are you that casual from yesterday who said Megaman gameplay is dated?
>>
>>387820315
Sonic and Megamanfags are bros though? It's those Mariocucks falseflagging.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.