[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is the Thief reboot a good entry to the series? Thief thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

File: header.jpg (19KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
19KB, 460x215px
is the Thief reboot a good entry to the series? Thief thread
>>
>>387813715
yes. /v/'s delusional as fuck.
>>
YouTube search - Thief vs AAA gaming
>>
>>387813715
It's not.
>>
No.
>>
>>387813715
It's pretty forgettable.
>>
>>387813964

Are you retarded? The game is a linear piece of shit and is absolutely nothing like the other thief games.
>>
>>387813715
no, start with the first game and the unofficial fix, I think it's called tafferpatcher or tfix, I don't remember which is for the second game
>>
>>387813715
just start with thief gold and climb the ladder like the rest of us
>>
File: Capture.jpg (205KB, 652x1288px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
205KB, 652x1288px
It's not very good, but it's not BAD either.

>>387813964
It's such a generic blockbuster, get some fucking standards. You probably think cookcutter factory-made trash like Marvel movies are 8 out of 10's.
>>
>>387813964
lol
>>
>>387813715
Metal Age >>> Dark Project > Thi4f > Deadly Shitows
>>
Although the story of the future felt honest pounding,
the honest game itself has not played games There are many places where there are not many adjustments for people.
is fxxk.
Honest The past of nu garret is interesting.
Is it difficult for tomb vandalism to have prediction and the former Master Thief also holding complexes?
>>
>>387813715
No, they put context-sensitive actions in an Immersive Sims, that's like putting an aimbot in a FPS.

The game has other problems but that's the one you can't ignore.
>>
It's a decent game by itself, but there's not many fans of all 4 games. If you like Thiaf, you won't like the first 3 (especially 1 and 2), and vice versa.
>>
i hope thief reboot 2 magic age.
The thief is actually exposed to the threat of the assassin and must survive.
>>
File: Gar01.gif (38KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Gar01.gif
38KB, 256x256px
I heard about a Thief 1/2 FM that used a hub system, what about that?
What textures do the lockpicks use?

How do I make this Garrett skin texture more like the Garrett from Thief The Dark Project/Gold?
It looks he has a dark blue/purple tunic. The tunic has two vertical lines. Maybe with a dark grey sweater and a pair of pants in the same colour underneath. Silver belt buckle. Brown armbands. Brown gloves or darkblue gloves with a black patch on it. No mechanical eye. How should I do it? I have GIMP.

http://www.taffersparadise.co.uk/screengrabs/painting/boxart/tg-boxart.jpg
http://www.taffersparadise.co.uk/screengrabs/painting/thief1paintings/t1-hammertower.jpg
http://www.taffersparadise.co.uk/screengrabs/painting/thief1paintings/t1-cutscene-sword.jpg
https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/thief/images/0/04/TG_CS06_07.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20080505164915
>>
>>387813973
>another e-celeb worshiping cuck shills his master's garbage.

kill yourself.
>>
thi4f , hammerlite and keeper and pagan dead.
im game see tomb.
>>
>>387815012
>Another anon who will shitpost instead of arguing against flawless arguments
Just agree that thiaf is shit and grow up. Old thief is a masterpiece of game design still not matched or superceded to this day. Thiaf is a boring piece of AAA slog with no redeeming values
>>
First, not really a true reboot in a sense. They even reference the original Garrett in the game.

Second, that asside, no, its not great. Its better in terms of stealth mechanics than Dishonored, and on par with Nu-Hitman, but even with Classic Mode turned on, its too context heavy, has too many qte's and the story is fairly bland
>>
>>
>>387815413
e-celeb worshiping cucks get no opinion. also, I hate thi4f.
>>
i dont thief is dishonored.
styx is thief.
>>
The asylum level of Thief 4 was such a let down. I wouldn't recommend the game honestly. It wasn't horrible, just super generic and easily forgotten.
>>
>>387816389
>If somebody makes an argument too strongly and too detailed then their opinion doesn't count
>>
EH
>>
>>387814235
it's an official fix I think
>>
I'm going through it right now. It's ok. It gets repetitive, but if you want a game about steeling shit this is it. The Enclosed levels (mansions and other buildings) are really good and stealth is encourage because you can get easily overwhelmed, although there are some neat mechanics to get you out of alerted situations, but they can be easily manipulated. Hidden loading screens every time you break into and out of a place are annoying as fuck and "tap E to open" fucking every time. There is no need to go to a fence to sell your booty, instead whatever you steal turns to money right away except for a few "unique" trinkets and paintings here and there which decorate your hideout but this aspect is mostly not handled well. It should be played by diehard fans and completionists, or maybe not I'm not sure.
>>
>>387814441
>>387814696
>>387815359
>>387816690
>>387817552
woah dude you're so quirky
>>
File: 1391998987841.png (2MB, 1237x2687px) Image search: [Google]
1391998987841.png
2MB, 1237x2687px
>>387813715
No, how many times are you going to try this shit.
Do old taffer threads, but not this cancer.
>>
File: PCGamer_2000_08_pg126.jpg (504KB, 1516x2114px) Image search: [Google]
PCGamer_2000_08_pg126.jpg
504KB, 1516x2114px
>>
>>387814270
>but it's not BAD either.
Yes it is. The segmented hub world is a fucking chore to slog through, because it's never clear if the window you're opening or the door you're going through is going to lead to an interior, or a loading zone. Needing to see the animation of picking up everything you're stealing was a profoundly stupid fucking design choice, since this is ostensibly a Thief game: you're going to be picking up thousands of things.
>>
File: PCGamer_2000_08_pg127.jpg (554KB, 1522x2104px) Image search: [Google]
PCGamer_2000_08_pg127.jpg
554KB, 1522x2104px
>>
>>387820303
>>387820479
What a time to be alive. I wish I was older then.
>>
>>387820479
>cd section
that is so strange
>>
>>387815012
>e-celeb
that video's by a literally who
>>
thi4f is made for people who don't like Thief but wanted to jump on the bandwagon so they can pretend they also enjoy the classics.
Same as most classic reboots, just update them with modern cancer so that the people who never liked the originals, and refuse to even consider playing them because they're "outdated", can a act like they they're "in". These reboots are pure shameless pandering to retards.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.