[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will PC ever be relevant again, or did Apple truly end them for good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: apple-pc-mac-people.jpg (33KB, 305x363px) Image search: [Google]
apple-pc-mac-people.jpg
33KB, 305x363px
Will PC ever be relevant again, or did Apple truly end them for good?
>>
People are getting tired of Apple's shit specially their refusal to repair stuff so no.
>>
The fact that Apple is just about to release the most powerful gaming console of all time on top of being the most popular computer gaming operating system means that Microsoft is never going to recover.
>>
File: conspiracy.jpg (22KB, 453x326px)
conspiracy.jpg
22KB, 453x326px
>>387806408
wtf is he talking about? anyone knows?
>>
apple was only relevant in the 80's because it tried to be like windows
now its just paying too much for a sleek design
>>
>this thread

What year is this?
>>
>>387806193
No they won't be relevant. It'll continue to have a strong, but niche fanbase in-regards to the general public. Kinda like vinyl records
>>
Apple dont seem to have a significant impact on the home computer market outside of artsy partsy people and college students.

They're only a big force in mobiles, and who fucking cares about that
>>
>>387807396
They've lost ground on the art crowd as well because their systems are non-upgradable and they haven't done a major refresh in a long time.
>>
>>387806193
pc was never relevant, home consoles were always the majority.
>>
>>387807396
I'm friends with graphic designers and architects, they hate Macs but are force to get them because clients won't take them seriously without them, they work on PCs and show their work on Macs
>>
>>387806193
If you do any sort of professional work that involves a computer you use a PC. Even if you work doesn't require a computer and just needs the basics of word + outlook + excel you use a PC. Windows PC's are in a position of "if you do your job right, it will look like you're not doing anything at all".
>>
>>387807396
Android sells more than iPhones now.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B-ekl_cEWk

remember this video?
this pretty much introduced me to rooster teeth.
>>
>>387808096
It always has, the way Apple reported numbers was misleading. They would report that the iPhone has sold more than any other individual model of Android phone, which while true doesn't tell the bigger story that Android makes up 90% of the smart phone market in the world.
>>
>>387807861
Clients are retarded, besides your designer friends could just disguise a PC to look like a mac.
>>
>>387808096

Selling and dominating are different things, iPhones are more profitable than the entire Android industry put together
>>
>>387807929
t. someone who has never worked in a research lab before

Macs and linux computers are heavily used in research because they are unix based operating systems. When I worked at UPenn in a behavioral neuroscience lab, every member of the lab used a mac variation of some kind.
>>
/v/ - technology
>>
>>387807396
Who even uses home desktops anymore besides designers/art people and..."gamers" tho. Been replaced by laptops, tablets, and phones
>>
>>387806193
PC and Mac will both be irrelevant in the consumer market in a few years anyway. Mobile devices and augmented reality are replacing them. The only reason to use a traditional PC or Mac will be for work.
>>
>>387808474

I'd rather go full Linux that use a fucking Mac though, and you get all the same ( and more ) benefits for cheaper/free.
>>
>>387806193
Apple computers are shit for gaming and they'll never 'end' anybody until they become decent gaming machines.
>>
>>387807861
>but are force to get them because clients won't take them seriously without them

really? because ive been a graphic designer for almost 13 years now and this has never been a problem and I almost always use a PC for my work. not once have I ever had someone say no to me because im not using a mac.

i dislike macs as well but stop making shit up.
>>
>>387807861
This sounds like the bullshit stories Mac fans make up to try to justify them. No person will hire a professional then criticize them for the tools they use when they themselves don't even know the field.
>>
>>387806193
Can't believe I use to be a macfag before these came out.
>>
>>387809081
macs used to be great
>>
File: 1502397117327.jpg (65KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1502397117327.jpg
65KB, 500x375px
>>387808973
>No person will hire a professional then criticize them for the tools they use when they themselves don't even know the field.
Lel have you ever worked a day in your life? People who don't know anything about a field tend to have the most opinions on it
>>
>>387806193
I forgot Apple even existed.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.