[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to save JRPGs from Persona

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: Persona-5-Japanese-Voices-DLC.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Persona-5-Japanese-Voices-DLC.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
What should we take from the success of this steaming pile of shit? Is there any way to save the JRPG genre from being destroyed by this garbage? Is this the final victory of style over substance, or can we still save JRPGs?
>>
Wait for the new SMT
>>
>>387798127
This
Also Gust will save us
>>
>>387797272

killing yourself would be a first step into a nice direction.
>>
>>387798127
/thread

Also JRPGs were kind of always about style over substance, it's just that style has shifted over time.
>>
>>387797272
I'd rather take style over substance like P5 than something with polished rocks and absolutely no art direction like FFXV
>>
Are you fucking serious? You are complaining now? Did you miss persona 3 and 4' release?
>>
>>387797272
>>387797272
Wait, what was bad about it?
It seems like most people shitting on it are just antiweebs without any valid criticism.
>>
>>387800527
The entire premise of the game was fucking retarded, and the cringeworthy "DUDE PHANTOM THIEVES, DUDE FUCK ADULTS, AMIRITE" dialogue only made it worse

the game is essentially an edgy teenager's shitty fanfiction. Yuck.
>>
>>387797272
I feel like a /v/ generator could easily be made. When the game's released, you have people gloryfying it and saying how its one of the best games ever, now a couple of months later you have some anons saying its SHIT. This happened with Witcher 3, Overwatch, Nier Automata, with virtually every game outside of Call of Duty, Fifa. Even GTA 5 gets shitted on. Does this board even like video games?

Then you have the occasional console war threads with "Sony is winning" from Sonygeggers, and "Why did you not get a Switch yet" from Nintendults or "X1 has specs!" from Xboners. Honestly this board reeks of autism all over the place. Same commentary, same empty words, same bs. Never change.
>>
>>387801909
wow, it's almost like people have different opinions
>>
So is hating persona 5 the lastest /v/ contrarian meme?
>>
>>387801909
t. shit game apologist

just admit that P5 could have been written by an edgy 12 year old and it would've been no worse than it is now,
>>
>>387801909
>Witcher 3, Overwatch, Nier Automata, P5
all shitty games that were overhyped by braindead normies upon release.

it's almost as if bad games are bad, and brief periods of popularity with morons doesn't change that.
>>
>>387801909
The only good games are stuff like SMT Nocturne, VtM:B, Planescape Torment, Morrowind, and TF2.
>>
>>387802045
Nah, its the same rhetoric repeated behind another nobody. You'd be hardpressed to find constructive criticism on anything or to take the time to appreciate how many games we're getting in this console generation. But nope, "YOUR GAME IS SHIT" MY CONSOLE IS BETTER THAN YOURS" garbage is all you hear around here. Feels very hallow, meaningless.
>>
>>387802175
Persona has always been the target of anti weebs and other contrarians

Its no novelty
>>
>>387800527
>Pacing
>Character are bland archetype
>Dialogue is, too
>It's also repetitice as fuck (wow do you think we changed his hearth guy)
>Morgana
>Gameplay doesn't hold for that many hours.

It's a 20 hours game at best stretched for far too long and retard eat this shit up because they're horny teenagers without standards.
>>
>>387802250
>>387802298
>>387802359
Meh all of those games you've mentioned have been shitted on in /v/ before. Not that different except the usual "Muh taste is better than yours" without any concrete depth to back it up. Empty words from a bunch of nobodies.

>>387802461
Contrarians are the cancer killing 4chan if they haven't already.
>>
>>387802378
I've noticed this a common narrative among persona fan. When their favorite story do get shat on they resort to insults.

"W-well you should have looked at what kind of game it is"
"Look like you don't like anime baka"

The problem is they don't understand they lie about the quality of Persona's story and so trick many anons into playing a 80 hours teenage revenge fantasy against society.
>>
>>387802809
You should probably read the posts in this thread if you want to understand why people know p5 is garbage. It's amazing to me that grown men can play p5 and think it's anything but some teenager's shitty fanfiction/short story. Embarrassing,
>>
>>387797272
idk but i hope personafaggots end themeselves
>>
>>387797272
>How do we save menu based gameplay from a game that made menu based gameplay fun
>>387800527
Nothing really. Gameplay is solid and everything else is subjective.
It's really obvious
>>387800580
>>387802624
Didn't play the game
>>
>>387803045
>Didn't play the game
Try again, faggot. I did play the game, and that's how I know it's shit.
>>
>>387803045
Here we go again.

Because Persona 5 is slightly harder than the other Persona/final fantasy these peoples usually play they hold it in high regard despite the game being easy to cheese.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.