[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How'd you enjoy your Wii /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

File: WiiWantToPray.jpg (118KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
WiiWantToPray.jpg
118KB, 1200x1200px
How'd you enjoy your Wii /v/?
>>
>>387794863
Very much after installing homebrew.
>>
The startup music still brings me back. Fuck this had to be the comfiest console on the market.
>>
File: download (5).jpg (188KB, 1024x575px) Image search: [Google]
download (5).jpg
188KB, 1024x575px
>>387794942
>Ywn have this level of comfy again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYN6DRDQcjI
Why live
>>
>>387795025
But I did. On the Wii U
>>
File: sabbed.png (6KB, 230x219px) Image search: [Google]
sabbed.png
6KB, 230x219px
>>387795025
Makes me remember the time I first beat Subspace Emissary or got 9999 VR on Mario Kart. Why can't we make it all go back
>>
>>387795025
I could listen to this music for hours. Why is it so good?
>>
>>387795025
>>387795236
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ruNfajgUr0
>>
Still playing it a lot, only mario kart wii and F-Zero GX though.
Playing on the newer servers with the CTs is nice.
Also, for anyone out there, this lad called MrBean35000VR (In case you didnnt know him) found out recently that a mission mode was supposed to be implemened into the game, so he managed to access it; it's currently a mess and doesn't have much challenge/diversity, but seeing how dedicqted some members are, I wouldn't be surprised to see a mission mode implemented with missions up to most player's current skill level.
Hope someone out there is interested.
>>
Thank god for this thread. I've really been craving some metroid and prince of persia and stuff. shit brings me back to good times
>>
>>387796432
>MrBean35000VR
You mean the guy who produced these sounds?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMoL7F9VJBk
>>
File: image-3.jpg (266KB, 656x788px) Image search: [Google]
image-3.jpg
266KB, 656x788px
>tfw I remember I still have a shit load of wii gamer magazines laying around somewhere.
>>
>>387796423
Cancer
>>
Forgot I have one.
>>
File: IMG_6476.png (9KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6476.png
9KB, 320x240px
I miss it
>>
>>387794863
Used the shit out of it, especially after installing the homebrew channel and saving games on an external HDD

Now days Dolphin is significantly better, but I'd still recommend cheap Wiis to people on a budget, all it takes to crack them is an SD card. You can get an 8gb for a couple bucks
>>
>>387796432
>The sheer autism in the MK Wii community
Will these spergs just ever let the game die. ll they do is circlejerk at 9999 vr playing the same shit over and over again. How long will they keep trying to animate its dead corpse so that it resembles its former glory. They are like Meleefags in their stubborn disposition.
>>
>>387797025
>cancer
?
>>
Cons:
>AA batteries instead of an internal rechargeable was stupid
>Severely held back by its resolution in the era of HDTVs
>Barely any great games, with mountains of shovelware in a library similar to the N64 and GameCube
>Virtual Console was somewhat poorly emulated and overpriced, but they at least tried back then
>Friend Codes, the online system in general

Pros:
>GameCube backwards compatibility extended the library for those who didn't have one. Virtual Console made it easier to emulate some N64 games.
>The best games were incredible. Prime Trilogy, Pikmin updates, RE4 Wii, Mario Galaxy, DKCR
>It had some fun channels like Everybody Votes and Mii Maker
>Softmodding it is trivial
>Online play was free
>It came bundled with Wii Sports
>>
File: 1437465290873.png (62KB, 317x211px) Image search: [Google]
1437465290873.png
62KB, 317x211px
I still use it all the time. It's probably my favorite console ever just because of how much more you can do with it when it's homebrewed.
>>
Back when it was new I never had too many games many for it. Nowadays since it's so easy to mod it. I'm going and looking at the all games I missed for it.
>>
File: ship_of_feels.png (156KB, 1250x1100px) Image search: [Google]
ship_of_feels.png
156KB, 1250x1100px
>tfw playing MH: Tri into the late hours of the night
>tfw typing away on usb keyboard hunting with one of the best gaming communities I've ever experienced
>>
>>387794863
Quite a bit. It was stupid fun with friends, playing Sports, Mario Party or even dance games.
>>
>>387798256
AA batteries is a good thing, when they die you just swap them out instead of waiting for them to recharge
>>
>>387800274
You still run into troubles when the batteries are dead and you have no spares, but it's worth the easy swap.
>>
Only thing I hate about the Wii is that you couldn't use a GC controller in the main menu.
>>
>>387794863
I enjoyed it very much for years. and then I enjoyed emulating the games I couldn't get my hands on and few old ones in higher resolution. great system good amount of fun games
>>
>>387794863

Of all games i enjoyed shattered memories the most, ill probably look into moreobscure horror games later
>>
>>387802142
You can use a classic controller there at least. I usually chill back in bed with a wavebird, wiimote and classic controller for all of my various gaming desires.
>>
>>387800464
I use a bunch of rechargeables, well worth the investment

Ask anyone with a Wii U gamepad about charging it
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.