[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's happened to the XBOX UI?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: whowouldwin.png (2MB, 1280x1440px) Image search: [Google]
whowouldwin.png
2MB, 1280x1440px
1: 2005, Xbox 360 "Blades"
2: 2017, Xbox One "Fluent Design"
Where did the Xbox go from having a colorful, glossy, detailed and textured dashboard to making it a plain dark, simple, un-customizable screen that changes every 5 months and has ads all over it?
>>
>>387787370
The moment they god rid of blades, honestly.
>>
>>387787370
Every time ms did a major update of the UI it became worse and worse. What kind of hack designer are they paying for this shit?
>>
>>387787370
Every so often what's popular changes, there was a design change a while back that shifted towards flat minimal UI rather than 3D styled.
iOS changed, Android changed, Google changed, Windows changed, Websites changed. It's just the new design paradigm, it'll change again at some point.
>>
>>387787617
Point is it's not only uglier (my subjective opinion) but also less organized and unintuitive to use.
>>
>>387787528
Welcome to the Material Design era. Everything looks like someone took a clothes iron
>>
>>387787617
History learns from the past. I doubt there will ever be another good looking design concept that rivals the likes of Blades, the old iOS, etc.
>>
Not only Microsoft but even Sony had a better UI for PS3/PSP than PS4. XMB is so much better than the PS4 changing boxes abortion. It's like they are going to epic design for design sake forgetting that a fucking dashboard also need to be navigable.
>>
>>387787370
They just announced it will feature a light, white based version and a customisable home screen in the next update.

You can't customise the basic button (like on ops pic) however. The main problem is the most used features are very complex to use now. On 360 the New Xbox Experience wasn't that bad actually, especially since you could do anything on the quick mini dashboard.

For example you want to invite someone in your game. On 360 you pushed the guide button, picked friends and pressed X on the names you wanted to invite. On XBO you have to push the guide pick the names, open the profile, choose invite, choose where to. This is a joke. When you were in a party at least they put an invite all button on the top but now there is the fucking co-streaming menu and after the invite. Not to mention you have to send invites to everyone in the party every time if you don't want to stumble around in the profiles one by one.
>>
>>387787964
Yep I saw that when I was making the picture. Agree with everything you said.

--

The white theme looks awful. People saw Discord and then they became adjusted to an all-black UI and now white burns their retinas or some dumb shit. The problem isn't that there's all white, it's that there isn't enough things to take away from the white or make it bearable or fashionable (like Blades or NXE)
>>
>>387787370
They should just make the blades optional for the nostalgia faggots.
>>
>>387787370
>it's a retarded nostalgiafag episode
As much as it's tiring to look at yet another minimalist transparent interface, if you actually think the 360 one was better you should stop posting forever
>>
>>387788326
What do you consider the best UI design for any console to date without any mod or JTag?
>>
>>387787370
The blades were so slow and shitty. I remember everybody hated them back in the day.
>>
>>387787706
Designers put aesthetics above usability
these days, everything has to be sterile and pretty.
>>387787884
It's always possible we'll see a return to 3D nested designs like the Blades and XMB.
>>
>>387787370
the blades went well with the shape of the original 360 console

the xbone is a black cube, so the UI is a black cube
>>
times change. peoples' tastes in aesthetics change.
>>
>>387788803
Brilliant design.
>>
File: 1502874795353.jpg (254KB, 1000x611px) Image search: [Google]
1502874795353.jpg
254KB, 1000x611px
>It's a let's quietly pretend Microjeet shills from India aren't starting threads again and desperately trying to fool people into thinking there is a active Xbox community on /v/ that hasn't been ridiculed and laughed at so badly they backed their bags and moved to Facebook years ago episode

The Xbox has no games and is a terrible console.
>>
>>387788395
Unironically the Wii.
>>
File: 1501396226136.jpg (46KB, 750x573px) Image search: [Google]
1501396226136.jpg
46KB, 750x573px
HAHAHA ITS JUST THE FUCKING PS4 UI WITH AN EXTRA ROW OF SHIT FOR ADS

AHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>387788893
functional, but fucking boring
>>
Microsoft trying to unify their uis across all devices because apparently that's not completely retarded. Like a lot of these metro interfaces it'd be fine if it wasn't for all the fucking ads.
>>
>>387788910
If you hate literally every modern and old console why are you on /v/ (Video Games)?
>>
>>387788924
That's pretty fair.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.