[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This series is dead now, right? How does that make you feel?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

File: thumb-093-dark-souls-4.jpg (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
thumb-093-dark-souls-4.jpg
1MB, 1280x720px
This series is dead now, right? How does that make you feel?
>>
sadly, yes. now we're stuck with mediocre games until FROM announces the new dark fantasy IP
>>
Good.
Shit series
>>
It needed to die, and no I'm not one of those people who think DaS2 and 3 were trash. Everyone was burnt out on them one way or another though, and From would be better off (maybe not financially) making something different or going back to another IP.
>>
I'm fine with it. From has been at their best when creating something new. Not every game needs to be a franchise that goes on forever and that's basically zero potential left in the Dark Souls world for a direct sequel.
>>
>DaS becomes popular
>Thread about Super Mario gets filled with comments like "Mario should be more like Dark Souls"

Good riddance.
>>
Good, it didn't need to last forever. We just need Demon's Souls and Dark Souls remasters for non-buggy 1080/60.
>>
Just fine. It would've been really awful to see it become the next COD with endless yearly sequels.
>>
>>387787119
It ended before I started hating it so I'm fine. Besides, the best games were always the first/only ones in the series (Dark Souls 1, Bloodborne, Demon's Souls) so I'd rather have From make something new.
>>
Good. It never should have had sequels but obviously I get why they did it.
>>
Oh fuck OP say it ain't so. I needed a souls game in my life every 2 years now I have nothing to live for
>>
>>387788538
Yeah an xbox one and PC Demon's Souls remaster to make faggots ruin this game forever
>>
File: 18j46m1b7prspjpg.jpg (66KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
18j46m1b7prspjpg.jpg
66KB, 800x450px
>>387787119
It makes me feel old
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB6sOhQan9Y
>>
>>387787119
What if you were to give this game to, say, twenty... intelligent people i mean, what would that do? Let's face it, what would it do?
>>
>>387787556
by the time demons souls, ds, ds2, bloodborne and ds3 came out, only One 3D zelda game came out, for comparison.
>>
>>387789836
>''My first console was a 360!!''
>>
>>387787119
Bad, but at least Souls has reinvigorated the industry and now nearly every game is trying to incorporate Soulsian elements into them, and rightly so.
>>
>>387789658
Agreed, should have just left it at Demon's Souls.
>>
>>387790476
Well he posted a picture of Demon Souls so that makes pretty much no sense.
>>
Ads, for me, was feeling really tired and forced. I actually didn't mind 2 and thought 3 was mostly pretty good with DLCs. But it did feel like they were out of idewas and just going through the motions at times.

>>387790420
That's pretty astounding actually.
>>
>>387789836
fuck that dude, and fuck that area
>>
sad Souls would be perfect for an ongoing series but butthurt faggots ruined it all.
>>
File: 1491741126637.jpg (101KB, 669x574px) Image search: [Google]
1491741126637.jpg
101KB, 669x574px
Slightly dissapointed, but it's loooong overdue.
>>
>>387787119
At least From has the decency to know when it's time to move on.
Nothing worse than watching a series you enjoy dragging itself into mediocrity.
>>
File: 1498091121637.png (347KB, 368x600px) Image search: [Google]
1498091121637.png
347KB, 368x600px
>>387787119
Goodbye old friend.

But may the fanbase be destroyed in unholy nuclear fire.
>>
>>387787119
Good. Maybe people will finally stfu about it and stop making clones of it.
>>
>>387787119
I'm glad it's put to rest, contractually obligated sequels and franchises can suck a cock.
I just finished getting the dark soul achievement today. Thankfully a friend dropped me sif's soul so I only had to go to NG+1
>>
>>387791584
but it already did
>>
>>387787119
Good, it should never have been a series to begin with, these games work best as one offs not direct sequels as they have the freedom to try new things instead of being boring iterations like DaS2/3.
>DeS kicked everything off laying the groundwork
>DaS brought the interconnected world and estus
>Bloodborne brought a new combat system and drastically new setting
>>
>>387787119
I'm glad the series is dead. The only ones worth a shit were the ones that were different: Demons Souls and Bloodborne.
I want them to continue making new shit and not just some new dark fantasy medieval series.
Armored Core comes out rarely enough that they aren't tired but I hope the next AC is more like 4A instead of 5.
>>
Good, I'm tired of them and the fans are disgustingly obnoxious.
>>
File: trying to grab blood echoes.webm (3MB, 889x500px) Image search: [Google]
trying to grab blood echoes.webm
3MB, 889x500px
Absolute shit, I'm glad to see it die. I hope Bloodborne doesn't get a sequel either
>>
File: dark_souls_of_articles.jpg (2MB, 659x6973px) Image search: [Google]
dark_souls_of_articles.jpg
2MB, 659x6973px
It makes me feel like the Dark Souls of gamers
>>
I would honestly keep playing yearly or bi yearly releases for as long they kept producing them. It's the only series I can still binge on and play like 40 hours a week.
>>
>>387790420
>only one 3D zelda game came out
Why make the distinction with 3D? A lot of Zelda games came out.
>demons souls: Feb 5, 2009
>Spirit Tracks: Dec 7, 2009
>Skyward Sword: Nov 18, 2011
>Link Between Worlds: Nov 22, 2013
>Breath of the Wild: March 3, 2017
>Dark Souls 3 Sunken City : March 27, 2017
Also
>9 different ports, remasters and remakes
>>
File: logan.jpg (34KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
logan.jpg
34KB, 640x480px
>>387793504
this is not even git gud, this is don't have a brain tumor.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.