[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stardew Valley thread / questions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: Stardew Valley.jpg (41KB, 456x209px) Image search: [Google]
Stardew Valley.jpg
41KB, 456x209px
I'm thinking about buying Stardew Valley, but I have some questions first:

- Is there any difficulty on it or the only "limiting factor" is time spent on the game? I mean, to get the hardest items or the most valuable crops, do I need decent management skills or playing as a retard will get me to the same places?

- I'm not interested at all in the social system or the NPCs. Can it be mostly ignored and progress in the game or do I have to interact with them regularly? Marrying in-game does unlock something?

- And the ultimate question. IS IT FUN?

Thanks.
>>
>>387786286
You might just want to play like, cookie clicker.

If you're just in it for the progression, there's a lot of games that are about numbers going up and management.

The things you seem to want to avoid are what make Stardew special.
>>
File: 1498757010726.png (438KB, 553x538px) Image search: [Google]
1498757010726.png
438KB, 553x538px
>>387786286
get mods
>>
>>387786286
Apart from the limited easy combat its all a matter of time, its a comfy fag game.
>>
>>387786359
I'm not in for the progression only, I like the building, producing, sorting, managing... part. And there are several activities to keep it interesting.

But I'm not able to "care about NPCs". To me, they're just props, means of obtaining items.
>>
File: 1312040407271.jpg (6KB, 170x213px) Image search: [Google]
1312040407271.jpg
6KB, 170x213px
>>387786538
>But I'm not able to "care about NPCs". To me, they're just props, means of obtaining items.

I know people joke about this a lot here, but you might have actual diagnosable autism.

Go get some government bux.
>>
Also interested, same questions.
>>
>>387786826
>can't care about things that are not real
>you might have autism
It works exactly the other way around.
>>
>>387786826
Heh, now that I read it, I sounded like that... It's a language problem, English is not my main language and I sound "more serious" when I speak it.

Any input on the game?
>>
>>387787002
Game's great.

Pirate it, buy it if you like it.

looking forward to multiplayer.
>>
>>387786948
Replying to obvious bait, no wait difficulty with sarcasm is a sign of autism.
>>
>>387786286
If you want your farm to be efficient, i.e. build sprinklers, have good animals, durable fences you need to try a little, go mine ores, fight mobs along the way. You can just also be rather inactive and wait for crops to grow all day.

You can easily skip social interactions in the game. Increasing your relations with villagers gives you food, recipes, random loot, majority of it can be obtained different way, but not all.

Game is fun, but it is first and foremost comfy
>>
there's no difficulty at all. its just a fun game where you run a farm. multiplayer was modded in a year ago so you can co-op if you like but it makes the game even easier.
>>
>>387787049
I honestly don't know why are people looking toward multiplayer that much. Only instance where I can see it working is when you want to hook your girlfriend (>implying) into coop gaming, so you have some cosy farming game.
There is no endgame, nothing is hard to obtain or requires anyone help.
>>
>>387786286
>>Is there any difficulty on it or the only "limiting factor" is time spent on the game?
Not really these kinds of games aren't meant to be difficult learning to manage your time will certainly get you shit quicker but that's not at all the point you're supposed to go at your own pace

>>I'm not interested at all in the social system or the NPCs.
Then the game probably isn't for you it's centered around playing a farmer in a slow paced comfy game not being some lootfest twitchkiddie achievement filled game
>>
File: 1473846170569.jpg (68KB, 472x472px) Image search: [Google]
1473846170569.jpg
68KB, 472x472px
>>387786286
You don't really need management skills. The "hardest" things are unlocked through a system where you either have to collect items or pay money. Generally speaking, you can just make a shitton of money by just farming a lot. If you know the game well, you can plan ahead and spend all your money on the most valuable crop and place sprinklers everywhere. You can also just fuck around and unlock everything more slowly.

Social stuff can be completely ignored. Some people might give you unique cooking recipes, but this is just completionist stuff. Marriage doesn't really help you much. Your wife/husband might feed the animals or water the plants some days if she feels like it, but this is automatic with late game tools anyway.

If you liked Harvest Moon, you will like this. It can be stressful if you want to unlock everything as soon as possible, since some items are only available in certain seasons. The game will never lock you out of anything forever, though. If you miss out on something, you can always get it back later. The only thing you have to look out for is to choose the right perks when you level up a skill. For some reason, you cannot change these without modding (unless this has been patched. I haven't played in a year).
>>
>>387786538
It seems that factorio suits you better, with enemies turned off.
>>
Thanks for all the replies.

>>387787553
So... if there's no difficulty, what makes the game FUN?

>>387787614
Already played it, thanks.
>>
C o m f y
>>
>>387787783
>what makes the game FUN?
RPG. You inherit a run down farm and build it back up, with many options to customize it to your liking. If you need a challenge to have fun, this is not the game for you.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.