[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is FFXV really good or just mediocre?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: 1479893942162.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1479893942162.png
2MB, 1280x720px
Is FFXV really good or just mediocre?
>>
worse than mediocre

Tales of Berseria is mediocre, but at least it's finished

FFXV is mediocre and unfinished, that makes it worse
>>
File: 1499372858342.png (360KB, 624x729px) Image search: [Google]
1499372858342.png
360KB, 624x729px
Unironically even Neptunia VII is better than FFXV.
>>
FFXV is good but unfinished.
It's not great like some people say but it's not shit either
>>
If you enjoy being in the road 75% of the game, having loading time of 1 hour and shit story, then this game is for you
>>
File: average fight in FFXV.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
average fight in FFXV.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>387785513
mediocre.

The story is a disjointed mess. Characters hardly get developed. Combat is a mess, see this webm (knb4 XV-kun posts one of his cherrypicked webms).
>>
really mediocre
>>
>>387787264
that's not much of an achievement desu
>>
>>387785513
Both

When it all comes together it can be great, but other times it can be a slog

literally MGSV syndrome yet that at least had a faster pace gameplay wise

I personally love FFXV when Im just exploring Duscae but the ball dropped HARD when reaching Altissia
>>
Its okay. Awful story, solid gameplay with huge room for improvement.
>>
>>387785513
It's not very good & with the PC version coming out Sonyfags won't put it on a pedestal anymore

But with the DLC & likely future DLC with Ardyn & world of ruin, it could be good, especially if they integrate it all properly into the main story
>>
>>387785513
It's the "enjoyable with the right mindset" kind of deal. On its own it's fucking horrid, but it does the "bros travelling together in an interesting world" pretty amazingly. As all post-VII FFs, this is best enjoyed when you're 13 and don't see how stupid the story is or how gameplay is not actually real in that it's practically unlosable, nothing's ever at stake and everything you do results in a victory and reward from the game no matter how stupid or silly.
>>
File: ffxv_kingsglaive_brotherhood.jpg (819KB, 1414x999px) Image search: [Google]
ffxv_kingsglaive_brotherhood.jpg
819KB, 1414x999px
>>387785513
They took crucial parts of the story out of the game and put them into a movie and an anime series.
>>
what specifically is unfinished, without spoilers as best you can.

i've been avoiding buying this since I heard about the out of bounds glitch where people discovered another continent worth of content that was apparently just ignored because time constraints.
>>
File: survey-image-1.jpg (215KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
survey-image-1.jpg
215KB, 2048x1152px
>>387793117
Quite a bit of story stuff and the second half feels really rushed. PC will already get a better version but even then it's still early access
Of course that one fanboy will say it's totally not unfinished, but meh. To each his one
>>
>>387793391
usually im the fanboy saying something, even 13 wasn't as obviously bad in terms of not being done.

did they add -any- of that list? I thought I remember 2 of the girls were supposed to be avaliable eventually, through DLC...
>>
>>387785513
Great engine with good gameplay but rushed story midway and such little content
I think XV-2 will be amazing
>>
>>387785513
Mediocre.
>>
>>387793574
Nothing yet, the last DLC isn't even out yet, so they'll probably start after that
If all of that will actually come out one day it wil lprobably take another 2-3 years
They should just move on after the DLCs imo. They could make 1-2 new games in that time with the new engine
>>
>>387785513
Good for a 1 time playthrough but there's no end game and its very forgettable
>>
>>387785513
Cindy is love.
>>
>>387792708
>Sonyfags won't put it on a pedestal anymore
What the fuck, shit came out on Xbox too and nobody ever praised that crap but XV-kun
>>
>>387793391
>>387793574
Am I the only one who wants them to do a XV-2 and try to address community feedback? I feel like XV has a worthwhile base to work with, and I want to see what they can do without the baggage of 10 years holding them down.
>>
>>387796258
I think it's more of a engine playground for the devs at this point. I doubt they would get the money for a XV-2
It's more of a shame that they don't just move on and do Type-1 or something in Luminous. They can't just work on this forever while being the only eam that uses Luminous, would be a huge waste of manpower
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.