[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Runescape /Comf/ thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8

File: Old school runescape osrs.jpg (170KB, 590x332px) Image search: [Google]
Old school runescape osrs.jpg
170KB, 590x332px
Give me one good reason why Old School RuneScape shouldn't be awarded /v/'s most comf game
>hint: you can't
>>
Holy OSRS
That's a name I haven't heard in a lonnnggggg while
Fishing level99 masterrace
>>
>>387784223
If you believe rs3 is better than OSRS than just fuck yourself you degenerates
>>
>>387785865
I don't think about Runescape at all because I wasn't 8 in 2003 and was busy playing an actual MMO
>>
>>387785986
>an actual MMO
like what exactly?
>>
>>387786034
DaoC, XI, PSO, Asheron's Call, Lineage, Lineage 2, Ultima Online 2, take your pick.

They're all actual games with gameplay which is more than can be said about any version of Runescape
>>
>>387786273
cool
anymore shitposts before you go?
>>
>>387784223
OSRS always makes me sad, because of all the fun times I had and how I lost touch with all the people I played with. And of course because it is dead as fuck now.
>>
>>387786720
>And of course because it is dead as fuck now

are you fucking retarded? its more alive than it has ever been
>>
>>387784223
>Click tree
>Look away for 5 mins
>Look back
>Not done
>Go do something else

Sure is a great game.
>>
>>387787202
I mean community wise you dumb fuck. Nobody talks to anyone anymore, things like discord, skype and teamspeak ruined the sense of community in games like Runescape. People chat in their own little private groups and nobody tries to make friends and talk to strangers.
>>
maplestory was better
>>
>>387787320
oh, so you are one of those nostalgia blinded retards.
>>
>>387787373
So are you gonna prove me wrong that the community is dead as fuck?
>>
>>387787473
im talking with nearby players all the time when doing slayer. Dunno what you are crying about, dumb fuck
>>
>>387787549
>it happened to me so it happens to everyone

You are retarded.
>>
>>387787320
I don't think it's that badly off desu. It isn't that hard for me to strike conversation with other people chopping willows at Draynor or fishing there or in Karamja. Maybe it's easier on f2p worlds
>>
>>387787639
>it happened to me so it happens to everyone
You are retarded.

see we can do that too retard
>>
File: cape.png (573KB, 1653x1019px) Image search: [Google]
cape.png
573KB, 1653x1019px
Lads I got my first 99 today, I know it's firemaking and it's stupid easy but I've always wanted a 99 and a skillcape since I was a kid.
>>
>>387788675
did you do it via the minigame or did you just buy all the logs
>>
>>387788878
I did it at wintertodt which takes around 50-60 hours. Wintertodt is the closest thing to RS3 in terms of easyscape and free exp. I can't buy logs as I'm an ironman btw
>>
>>387789020
Hey /v/ro Im relatively new to runescape, would you recommend I play Old School RuneScape or the New Runescape 3?
Both seem to have their positives and negatives but you seem like a dood who knows a little bit.
>>
>>387787473
Considering theres around 28000 players online right now Id say its far from dead- that's only in OSRS too, which will get a whole new wave of players when it gets released for mobile.
Do some research cuck
>>
>>387790353
>/v/ro
Your sentence is death
>>
>>387790353
rs3 has no positives. Osrs is extremely easy to get into and has much faster xp/hr than back in 2007. Community is absolute cancer though, and reddit makes all the decisions about changes for the game. Also avoid the /vg/ rs clans. They are all tranny faggots.
>>
>>387784223
Mmmmmmmmmm havent played that game in a long ass time
Might be time to fire the old girl up :_)
>>
>>387790539
I will pummel your tiny ass into oblivion you little pathetic piece of crap
>>
>>387790653
>no positives
I strongly agree, but I found it easier to grind for bonds in 3 to support OS membership time since shop prices vs GE prices are fucked and I could make ~1m/day.
That said, there's really nothing missing from OS outside of WGS and the Chosen Commander, but those aren't something I'd suffer through 3 just to play.
>>
>>387790848
Better watch out, cause I'm uh, pretty quick.
>>
>>387790353
They're both different experiences and both games have their ups and downs. I prefer OSRS because I grew up with that version of the game, the combat system and the pace of the game.

Runescape 3 is still just as good and has a ton of extraI play both and I enjoy playing both, you just have to pick one and learn by exploring the gameworld (or both). bells and whistles plus the world feels a lot more polished and the armour/weapons/capes/auras are neat. It also has the controversial EoC or Evolution of Combat. Many saw this as an addition that killed the game, but there is a legacy mode available if you prefer the old style of watching your character duke it out.

OSRS is much more of a grind than RS3 as there isn't as much accessibility in comparison but has the charm that RS3 lacks. It also has a more rewarding feeling of progression that RS3 because there's no Solomon's store to give you free bonus exp.
>>
>>387790353
Combat system in rs3 is absolutely degenerate. Wouldn't touch that shit if someone paid me.
Plus lacks the aesthetics of OSRS
>>
>>387791078
Wow I have no idea what happened there, the last sentence somehow made its way to the first sentence. Apologies for my retarded self
>>
File: 1492528110196.png (442KB, 500x712px) Image search: [Google]
1492528110196.png
442KB, 500x712px
>>387784223
you can play it mouse only
>>
>>387784428
Fish lvl?
>>
>>387786372
I play runescape but that guy is right. Runescape is just mindless grinding for hundreds of hours until you have high enough levels for endgame content which just turns into more grinding for rare drops
>>
>>387791096
Despite agreeing entirely with you I must chide you for your overuse of buzzwords.

Put some effort into your distaste towards things. Explain why the combat is degenerate (higher APM required/legacy does jack shit if you want to kill anything worth killing/difficulty is skewed so you're either falling asleep or barely killing one monster before having to refuel/far more gear dependent than (player character) skill dependent, can't take on black demons with a dragon scimitar or the like/weakness and affinities being pants on head retarded (giants now throw rocks so they're using ranged so they're weak to melee)/exp given in one lump sum after killing a monster a la slayer instead of being awarded as you deal damage/and so much more).
Give some examples of the aesthetics being superior (no cosmetic overrides/crap armor all looks the same, good shit is distinct/simple designs that allow you to discern what someone is wearing at a glance/simple animations aren't tweened to hell and look like there's weight to them/simple models are not only easier on processors but again help with immediately identifying objects or NPCs/etc)

Embrace and enjoy your hatred towards vidya.
>>
>>387784223
OSRS community is trash as fuck.
Full of memelords, 16 year olds, and autists.
I miss 2007 Runescape.
>>
>>387793297
This
>>
>>387784223
>Nightmare Zone
>GE
>Splashing
>Zulrah
>NuSlayer
>Wintertodt
>Zeah
>No Randoms

Shit game.
>>
>>387784223
Grindy as fuck.
>>
>>387787319
>Click tree
>Shitpost on /v/ for 5 minutes
>Look back
>Not done
>Watch a YouTube video
>Click tree again

This is why RuneScape is maximum comfy.
>>
Am I the only one who loves F2P Runescape but hates the P2P features? My favourite thing about Runescape is the quests, which usually give you a nice reward for completing it and have a somewhat flesh-out story and characters to make it interesting. They're enjoyable in F2P because it never takes too long to get from one end of the map to the other. But once you become a member, the world becomes massive and I just feel like it becomes a chore to get anywhere you want. Also a lot of the P2P skills seem pretty pointless compared to the F2P ones, agility is the only one that ends up being pretty useful.

Honestly I felt that the F2P questing was almost good enough to be a single-player game. But the P2P quests just became tedious really fast. And when you take away the questing from Runescape, it's just an extremely grindy game where you mindlessly click on things. Although one thing I do like about P2P worlds is that they're a lot more lively. The F2P worlds are just silent most of the time.
>>
File: ss+(2017-08-21+at+08.24.52).jpg (37KB, 508x131px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-08-21+at+08.24.52).jpg
37KB, 508x131px
anyone botting
>>
>>387791921
>>
>>387794094
I don't understand this at all. How can you not like the P2P quests? They're fantastic, and there are like 5x more of them
>>
>>387792367
an the other ones are exactly the same but with more generic items and no soul
>>
>>387794284
I don't mind most of the quests themselves. But sometimes you're required to go back and forth between different places (especially if you don't use a guide so you don't know what items you need beforehand) and that just becomes really dull really fast. Even when you gain access to the Fairy Rings, it can still take a while to get to certain places.
>>
>>387794868
I always liked that. It makes you feel like you're going on a real globe-trotting adventure. And it's not like the world is that big; you can usually get where you need to go within fifteen minutes.
>>
>>387794357
Other what? Other mmos? Other than rs ive only play wow and the leveling to max doesnt take to long, your always enganged in quests or dungeon and theres an actual endgame which is doing raids with a group and getting better at killjng the bosses. Or pvp which is way more engaging than just rng and clicking potions/food
>>
>>387794163
nice
>>
>>387794129
Are there any bots with good antiban?
>>
>>387795327
runescape is simple and fun
the market works and you know what everything is
like a close friend
>>
OS desperately needs the run update

I'm 53 agility and I still run out of energy in like 30 seconds
>>
>>387795902
Transportation is easy enough as it is. It doesn't need to get any easier
>>
>>387795902
If you get 80 agi (theres no reason to ever go over 80 unless you're maxing) and you have graceful you hardly ever run out of energy. Definitely worth the grind in the long run
>>
>>387796001

Grinding agility sucks ass tho

And I say this as someone with 95 in shitscape
>>
>>387796086
just fucking do it you pussy or im gonna fucking kill you
>>
>>387796086
It's the worst skill in the game to train but it's vital to making the game more enjoyable by not having to walk. Doubly so on ironman accounts
>>
File: 1373924489120.jpg (44KB, 244x250px) Image search: [Google]
1373924489120.jpg
44KB, 244x250px
someone gimme some cash so i can just cheese the game pls
>>
>>387796302
how bout you don't be a fag and play the game
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.