[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Street fighter 3rd strike

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 9426_front.jpg (69KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
9426_front.jpg
69KB, 640x627px
Alright /v/. I never played a fightning game (seriously anyway ) but i always wanted to. I do however love 2d and sprite art and i think street fighter 3rd strike looks amazing.
So, is it a good place to start?
>>
It's pretty good, so yeah.
>>
Not really. You should probably play a newer game. 3s community is virtually non-existent, literally all better than you and most of the mechanics it would enforce into you (parry, whiff to build meter, taunt for bonuses, etc) don't exist in other things. Make friends in new games, get your bearing there and develop your basics and THEN go back to 3s with your friends and grow together.
>>
>>387783049
Shame. I decided im going to choose the fightning game i start with based on wether i like the way it looks or not. I think 4 and 5 look like shit. so if i cant pick up 3 then im going to try my luck with something else like kof 13 or any of the weeb fighters like Blazblue
>>
>>387782862
Only played Skullgirls 30-something hours because of the fancy hand-drawn animation but I'm also interested by an answer to your question, since I feel the same way as you.
And I like Q's design.
>>
>>387783235
What do you think of Guilty Gear Xrd Rev? The 3d engine mimicking 2d is pretty amazing in my opinion. It's the same they'll use for Dragon Ball FighterZ.
>>
>>387783235
for what it's worth 3s is more at home gameplay wise with anime fighters compared to (virtually) every sf, so try all the big new ones of those to see which you like best. You can always come back to 3s. It's on fightcade so all you need is to haggle in some (beginner) friends from other games.
>>
it's literally impossible to get into 3rd strike

the community is dead and the skill ceiling is ridiculously high because of parrying, only master tier autists still play it and you cannot beat them or get to their level

just play something else
>>
>>387783049
I have an easier time finding games on Fightcade for 3S than I do for any fighting game that isn't SF5.

Even Xrd takes around 10 minutes to find a decent match.
>>
>>387783235
BB and KOF may be a bit unfriendly to beginners. If you need solid tutorials try Guilty Gear, Skullgirls and Under Night In-Birth if you likes their looks
>>
Melty blood is a decent option too
>>
>>387783235
Honestly, I never had a problem with getting my ass kicked on fightcade. 3S is fun to the point that I don't mind losing.

Also, it helps if you can get some friends into it too. It's pretty low commitment since it's free and just requires getting the right roms.
>>
If your goal is to learn the very basic ideas behind fighting games, then yes, you could learn those with any fighting game.

Each one has it's own unique bullshit that people will say will teach you bad habits, but no two Street Fighters are the same, and the "bad habits" are deep within the meta of the game where you won't see for a long time if ever.

You'll need someone to play against though, because fighting the AI doesn't teach you anything other than combo memorization and button familiarity.

3S is great I hope you enjoy it.
>>
File: 1501907632533.png (194KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
1501907632533.png
194KB, 600x700px
UNI[st]
>>
>>387783815
Xrd always has lobbies though. Unless you're doing ranked or something.

Also changes nothing I said about everyone being better than him. He's a beginner, and going into a game people have potentially 15+ years of experience on him. 3s is even harder than Xrd and there's no tutorial system and fightcade 3s doesn't even have a training mode. This isn't launch day, dude. It's not something you just jump into completely blind and expect to learn on the fly. He'll just die to your yun super and not understand anything.
>>
>>387783626
Yeah i like it. Its pretty cool looking, think thats what im gonna pick up. either that or the dbz game if its good
>>
>>387783834
>>387783979
>>387784124
>>387784214
thanks for your suggestions fellas
>>
Unist has been getting nightly threads for the last month and making lobbies. People are just playing for hours in those threads.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.