[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Destiny 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 9

What are your thoughts on Destiny 2?
>>
I don't.
>>
I'm not that excited about it but I loved D1 so I'm going to give it a chance
>>
File: destiny2skills.png (60KB, 580x425px) Image search: [Google]
destiny2skills.png
60KB, 580x425px
>>387781712
looks like shit
>>
They're making horrible design choices to reel back in the normalfag crowd they lost with destiny 1.

I'll still buy it because I love destiny but I hope they fixed some shit in the PC beta.
>>
>>387782021
>but I hope they fixed some shit in the PC beta
I guarantee that the PC beta will be the same as the console beta, meaning none of the updates they said they've made to the ammo economy or anything else.
>>
File: (You)Are.jpg (57KB, 1200x740px) Image search: [Google]
(You)Are.jpg
57KB, 1200x740px
>>387782021
>They're making horrible design choices
>I'll still buy it
>>
>4v4 only crucible
>destiny

i'm good.
>>
Halo: Space Wizards Edition was fun for a while but it gets old fast. They made an MMO shooter with the barest downright minimum MMO elements in order for it to be even somewhat considered as one.

There was no local voicechat, so you HAD to add somebody into a party if you wanted to talk to them.

No voice chat in PvP, which I can honestly not even see the reason behind this. So nobody gets their feelings hurt or some dumb shit probably.

And dont forget how fucking repetitive it gets and is. I enjoy grinding. Destiny grinding is fucking BORING, I'd honestly rather go count the hairs on my head than do the same goddamn fucking mission 50 times.
>>
I'm only giving it another chance because it's coming out for PC.
>>
>>387782349
ahh I see you were one of the 3 million people who bought the game at launch and returned it a week later?
>>
>>387781712
Looks like a Borderlands MMO.
Not sure why it's so hyped up, when you can just play regular Borderlands. inb4 Battleborn memers.
>>
>>387782349
>Destiny
>MMO

Destiny has never been advertised as being an MMO, it has only been mistaken for an MMO by retards
>>
>>387782372
Why? They're the ones who kept it from PC in the first place.
>>
>>387782436
>Destiny has never been advertised as being an MMO
Oh yeah, they were VERY prudent about not advertising Destiny as what it actually is, because the console players apparently hate MMOs and associate the genre with PC gaming.
>>
>>387782434
borderlands is an endless numbers climb with nothing to do but repeat the story 10 times over for bigger numbers on your weapons
>>
>>387782558
So, you're agreeing with me.
>>
>>387782140
It's the 2nd game I've put more than 1000 hours into, it has a special place in my heart.
>>
>>387782440
But now they're bringing it to PC so why not? +1080p, +144fps, ultra settings, text chat, m/kb...too many things to pass it.
>>
>>387782541
>Game isn't an MMO
>They don't advertise it as an MMO

Makes sense to me
>>
I'm going to put hundreds of thousands running the little content it will provide, just like the first one

source: autism and being poor
>>
>>387782694
Same. The thing I'm least looking forward to is a repeat of the "one raid per expansion" model but I played an enormous amount of each raid in the first game.
>>
>>387782694
This desu.

>paid $140 for 1400 hours of active pla time

Game wouldn't be worth anything of /vg/ wasn't a thing though.
>>
>>387782424
Nope, bought it, played it to max lvl, dropped it because it gets old very fast.

Came back for the Lone King DLC or whatever the fuck it was that was "supposed to fix everything guys pls its good now!" and nope same shit.
>>
Did they say anything about matchmaking or raids?

I'd try it but I don't want to use lfg sites to get gear. I'm burnt out from raid groups in actual mmos
>>
>>387782914
there is in game lfg now
>>
>>387782914
There's an in-game system for find raid groups now, it's not matchmaking but more like a recruiting tool. It won't work for Heroic raids, though.
>>
File: 1478334072896.gif (47KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1478334072896.gif
47KB, 429x410px
>>387782654
>unlocked resolution
>unlocked framerate
>text chat
>m/kb

These are the BARE MINIMUM of PC games, not amazing features worthy of praise.
>>
>>387782654
ultra settings means nothing when the only difference is vfx effects and illumination, the texture for pc and console is the same sadly.

Bungie being jews yet again, delay pc build by 48 days, does not set up the game to fully use what pc is capable of.
>>
>>387783150
I'm glad people like you exist to remind me why I should never feel sorry for PC gamers getting scraps.
>Psh I got more than a shitty port job? Well I GUESS It's okay.
>>
>>387782140
im the same, theres some horrible shit, but i love the world and style. also played a ton of diablo 2, so i like that grind loot kind of gameplay.
>>
>>387783150
What features should it have to elevate it? It isn't that the features are worthy of praise so much as the original game did not have these features, and so their inclusion in the PC version are marked improvement.
>>
>>387783362
You remember Dark souls and everyone calling it a shit port. You know why it was a shit port? Because it was exactly the same game as on Consoles.
>>
>>387783672
thats not exactly true, the matchmaking was fucked so online was dead unless you downloaded some third party patch and playing in 60 fps broke the game's physics/jumping and durability mechanics.
>>
>>387781712
>Bungie gets a ton of feedback on Destiny 1 what went wrong, and what they could do to fix it
>Just made Destiny 1 again
>>
>>387783765
Matchmaking was fucked in console version too, it had no difference between two, shit netcode is still a shit netcode.
>>
>>387783792

While it does seem like simply another DLC patch, that's enough for the fans.
>>
>>387783808
idk how they didnt just copy paste halo multiplayer, i wouldve played the fuck out of that. but they had to fuck it all up with stupid shit and shit aiming acceleration controls.
>>
>>387783918
This is like the Walking Dead all over again - nobody enjoyed watching the first few seasons of the show, but it had potential and they HOPED it would get good in the future, so they kept watching.

Maybe if a bunch of people stopped giving Bungie money every time they fix one thing, Bungie will be forced to make a good game.
>>
>muh MLG PvP

It fucking sucks that they are pushing PvP this much. Everything is fixed even the guns will have same perks. I'll miss the grind. Remember Grasp of Malok? I farmed that shit for 20 odd hours and not a single CB one dropped. Owning godrolled weapon felt good and it made difference in PvP. D1 had such a amazing meta every update and you had to adapt. I mainly did PvP and went flawless every weekend. I totally get why PvE players were mad cause most nerfs came thanks to PvP. But this new fixed and controlled D2 doesn't seem right neither. Plus new abilities are worse. When you heard Hammer Titan pop his super you ran but now ... Nobody will get super in a match. It really looks like PvP is going to be snore fest ao I hope PvE gets great story. But my expectations are low.
>>
>>387782634

Same here. Raiding with a group of friends is 10/10 fun
>>
>>387784036
I enjoyed MP for 2 hours but from what I remember I couldn't change my weapons on the fly and from what I remember that is exactly the reason I stopped.
>>
>Wanna run strikes? 3 people only
>wanna run crucible" 4 people only
>raids? 6 people only

it's a good thing we don't have friends, huh gang?
>>
>>387784083
I'm PvE only, I couldn't care less about PvP so I'm very butthurt about the changes like the weapon system and ability recharge times that are very obviously in service on PvP.
>>
>>387784192
if you could switch between all your weapons in your inventory on the fly itd be a completely broken clusterfuck of a game
>>
>>387784489
not even that, I couldn't have loadouts, nothing is more frustrating that going out with PvE weapons and realising you are fucked.
>>
>>387784537
u could switch between weapons by going to your inventory and switching them out wtf
>>
>>387784683
Well, I didn't know that, would be nice If I did.
>>
I'll keep my ear to the ground about the pc version.
but I'm very dubious. I had my fingers burnt when I bought a ps4 exclusively to play D1 then realised soon after it wasn't the next gen Halo experience we were promised.
>>
>>387784083

Bungie confirmed that cooldowns for Supers, grenades etc. will be noticeably shorter in the final game.
>>
>>387784489

Pre-set loadouts aren't in Destiny because it would be too easy to cheese multiple exotics by quickly switching between sets.
>>
>>387783672

>hurrr we DEESURB better
>>
>Kill literal Gods in the original Destiny
>Get curb stomped by a generic brute at the start of Destiny 2
>>
>>387786482

well they kinda wrote themselves into a corner after Oryx
>>
>>387786482
His giant starfish took our space magic away
>>
>>387786482
He literally steals your plot armor.
You get it back lightning fast despite that, though, Which is dumb. Kinda like how they kill off Shepard in the opening of ME 2 but then instantly bring him back. Why even bother?
>>
File: latest.jpg (16KB, 400x374px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
16KB, 400x374px
>>387786482

he ain't taking your shit anymore
>>
>>387786482

1. Oryx and Crota aren't "literal Gods". Yes; they're extremely powerful but they don't have omnipotence nor did they create the universe

2. Your guardian's power comes from the Traveler's Light. When you encounter Ghaul the Cabal have already captured it and "cut you from the source".

3. You're underestimating just how strong Ghaul is. All the Cabal we see in Destiny 1 are merely a scouting party for the Cabal empire. Despite being at the bottom of the ladder in Cabal hierarchy, they still had the might to plant enough explosives on Oryx's Dreadnaught to blow up THE ENTIRE SOLAR SYSTEM. If that's the kind of power and strategy you see from a scouting party, you can only imagine what the main forces of the Cabal empire are capable of, much less the leader.
>>
>>387786953
Gods aren't necessarily creators or omnipotent.
Like the Elven gods in Dragon Age. They were just stupidly powerful mages, and as time went on people started thinking of them as gods.
>>
>>387781712
I'm not buying it. Mostly because I didn't play first much and Destiny cares so much about your account playing a long time. (I think. Isn't it a very legacy-type game? The longer you've played the more shit you get? I don't have it on my Xbox One so I'm fucked.)
>>
>>387787062
It's not.
The new game literally starts from sratch, I think you can import your character, but you'll still start at level 1 with none of your old shit.
There's different armor and weapons to get, but beyond some minor differences, only the Exotics (Legendaries) really stand out as different. For some reason, all the assault rifles only had 3 different values for the rate of fire stat for instance, and it was like that for all the stats. Which resulted in the "loot" not being different at all.
>>
I just hope the raid is good it's all I care
>>
>>387786482
we killed atheon and Oryx also SIVA but these motherfuckers just came in and raid us like nothing what the fuck
>>
>>387787192
You've convinced me to wait for the reviews. That's saying a lot considering I didn't give a single fuck about Destiny 2 minutes ago.
>>
File: 20170819151600_1.jpg (355KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170819151600_1.jpg
355KB, 1920x1080px
if it gets me pic related, and it completely eliminates the 'dlc or fuck off' plot drive, maybe.
>>
>>387787523
The Cabal were always set up to be more powerful than the other factions. They weren't really dealt with in the first game. Only low numbers and not their best forces.
>>
>>387787523

yeah, they even came when our good weapons and armor were in storage. these guys are good, the vex could learn

>just wait for these niggas to shower
>>
>>387787062
>>387787192
>>387787570
even the original game wasn't like that, each time the level cap shifted it didnt REALLY matter what you had achieved previously outside of having access to some legacy weapon skins and stuff like that, each 'expansion' more or less reset the playing field in terms of gear

what you're describing sounds like something like eve, where literally the longer you play the more skills you'll have, as much as destiny isn't really an mmo it is much closer to standard mmo fair in terms of gear resets and expansions
>>
>>387787570
The first one was a good shooter that was obviously fucked in the very late phases of development, which resulted in the piss poor plot. The PvP also wasn't something to write home about. But they learned with the Taken King, and hopefully they learned more this time around.
I just want them to put in more MMO mechanics, honestly. More group content, more RPG like stats, more abilites, more diverse weapons.
>>
>>387787192
On second thought, I won't understand the commutiny.

Back to hating the game.
>>
>>387787586
>The Cabal were always set up to be more powerful than the other factions.

Nah, the Hive were. Oryx is what, over 4 billion years old and has destroyed countless civilizations that were propped up by the Traveler. From the grimoire, I thought it was understood that the Cabal were running from something, namely Oryx.
>>
>>387787681
That's what I was saying. That it doesn't really matter how long you play. If you play for long enough you could get good shit in a week or 2 during the ramp up to Taken King and at the beginning of Taken King.
>>
>>387783597
>I love the world and style
it's generic af how can your tastes be so garbage?
>>
>>387787845
the cabal are running from the darkness
>>387787597
lmao the vex are weaker than the fallen probably
>>
>>387787924
its in space. no other games are in space really that are popular online games.
>>
>>387787924
It's not generic at all you monkey. Most of the interesting stuff might not be shoved in your face, but that doesn't mean it's not there.
>>
The Beta was boring as hell.
>>
>>387786573
>>387786573
what you mean Oryx it's just part of something bigger
>>
>>387788030
>Most of the interesting stuff might not be shoved in your face, but that doesn't mean it's not there.
Don't you even try to pretend like destiny's setting or story is somewhat subtle. It's just so poorly written that retards like you might think it's actually "deep", and also has so many incoherencies don't even get me started on this shit.
>>
>>387788332
go ahead bro I wanna know this stuff
>>
File: oryx-taken-king-lore-worms.jpg (466KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
oryx-taken-king-lore-worms.jpg
466KB, 1920x1080px
Where are you going? No, wait, listen.

I was right, at first. In the ever-expanding Blighted-place, even Light must obey the sword-logic. Even you Guardians, you best and brightest of the dying dawn, you drew blood in honor of the Taken King. The Warpriest did his duty, and you did yours. Oryx was challenged, yes, but challenged in the way of the Hive, which is to say that challenge is worship — is challenge — is power. Sword-logic. You played your part well.

You were not supposed to touch the Light.

How did you find your way into the King's Cellars? How did you even recognize that benighted draught for what it was? Do you not know that the Hive pursue Light precisely for the purpose of devouring it with slavering jaws and slick greedy gulping throats? How did you take (or rather, un-Take) the Blighted Light that Oryx gathered to offer in sacrifice to Akka, and ignite it so that it burned and burned the Darkness?

It was barely Light anymore. But you took it. And when you took it, you did not keep it. You set it free.

You fools! You disastrous, bumbling squanderers! It's not right! Who now shall be First Navigator, Lord of Shapes, harrowed god, Taken King? Not you! You might have been Kings and Queens of the Deep! But you have toppled Oryx and you have not replaced him!

There must be a strongest one. It is the architecture of these spaces.

Why are you leaving?
>>
Oh man I just wish it was good. I was so hyped when Destiny 1 was announced. It looked like a game I have always wanted. When it turned out to be total shit I was so disappointed. Good sci-fi shooters are so hard to come by. Hope they learned from their numerous mistakes.
we all know they didnt
>>
>>387788452

Oryx dropped purples. Destroying the light = no purples.
>>
Might aswell just play warframe.
>>
>>387788030
L O L
It's obvious they cut huge chunks of story content
The grimoire cards are a lazy substitue for it (Im guessing thats what you call "not shoved in your face")
You have to be autistic to defend the story of destiny
>>
Getting the basic version on release to see if they actually learned and care. If it's another "get's better with dlc" episode then fuck em, aint buying another bungie game ever
>>
>>387788491
the game is good now if you own all the dlcs
>>
>>387788679
>Im just gonna buy it then see if its good :)
pure cancer
>>
>>387788679

They're having an open beta, just play that. Don't buy the game, watch a stream or Let's Play and see if you actually want it.
>>
>>387789008

I dont want to be spoiled
>>
>>387786103
Ok let's say they do increase the rate. You know they won't go super crazy with this. That means we go from having 0 supers a match to just 1. That's still utter shit.
>>
>>387788667
How about you shut the fuck up you toxic, entitled fuck?
>>
>>387788663
warframes doing some open world shit too now or some update that looked cool. idk ill prob checkit out. i hear its a way worse grind though.
>>
>>387789353
I was not expecting any arguments from destiny fans but going full ad hominem wow, you actually surprises me by hitting new lows.
>>
>>387788663
Warframe and Destiny are apples and oranges. I say that as someone who has played enough of each to fuck up his life.

>>387789098
You won't be spoiled if you watched any gameplay from the D2 reveal or E3, the beta is the exact same content.

>>387789243
Keep in mind that we probably had shitty low-light gear in the beta.

>>387788667
I can confirm that only people on the Autism Spectrum care about Destiny's story.
>>
>>387789607
are you that guy who posts israeli guns on destiny general
>>
>>387789486
No one gives a fuck what you entitled shits think. Bungie doesn't owe you anything. Instead of bitching about a game you'll never buy how about you get the fuck out? But we know that's bs. See you September.
>>
>>387789840
I don't go to /dg/
>>
>>387789353
>calling people toxic on /v/
kek
>>
>>387789607
>Low rank gear

And? If that was true Bungie would have said something not cave in and say yea we are increasing the recharge speed. They admitted fault right there and show that gear doesn't matter as much with regards to the problem.
>>
>>387789982
Destiny fans are retards they really are. They are like autists who can't handle criticism without freaking out.
>>
>>387790045
You might be right but we're talking about the people who lied when they switched to SBMM and said that nothing changed
>>
>>387790143
Ok this further proves that we shouldn't trust Bungie and blindly buy their shit since they constantly lie all the time.
>>
>>387789849
You're making so many assumptions it's astonishing.
If you can't face criticism why are you here? Oh you wish all these threads were only pure circlejerking.
Feel free to accept mediocrity but don't complain about people discussing your turd, not everyone eats shit without a second thought.
>>
File: destiny.jpg (19KB, 614x236px) Image search: [Google]
destiny.jpg
19KB, 614x236px
I fell for your ruse once but I won't fall again, foul demon.
>>
>>387790329
>xbox
KEK
>>
>>387781712
Destiny 2 / Battlefront 2 or New LOTR?
Help me decide /v/
>>
>>387791251
destiny 2 is a better long term investment
>>
>>387791251

You can get the other two games for the price of Destiny. If you're not buying the $40 season pass for Destiny don't bother.
Thread posts: 109
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.