[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did the Wii U fail?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

Why did the Wii U fail?
>>
Meme magic
>>
>>387774783
honestly? it's because nintendo actually tried 3rd party support early on, yet nintenfat manchildren refused to buy anything other than mario and zelda after begging for 3rd party support. same will happen to switch. 3rd parties arenalreafingjumping ship and even nintedo seems to be hesitant on making games for it. you chose this future, mario bing bing WAHOOO boys
>>
>>387774783
shitty name and marketing. The gamepad was a decent gimmick but Nintendo believed the Wii normies would return for some reason.
>>
>>387774783
No marketing.
Third parties ignoring it as soon as it didn't sell like the Wii.
NX rumors killed the will of buying the Wii U for many people.

Still, I played it more than my 3DS and PS4.
>>
>>387774783
Was meme console I didn't want, Switch is a meme console I can get behind
>>
>>387774783
This is why it failed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e3qaPg_keg
>>
>>387775003
Little cunt, have you any idea of the third party support at launch was HORRIBLE?
Mass Effect 3 port at full price when the whole trilogy pack was released at budget price.
Fifa was literally the Wii version upscaled.
Ubisoft delayed fucking Rayman and released an old ass AC port.
Why would ANYONE buy that shit?
>>
>>387775338
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 was fully updated and had exclusive content
>>
>>387775332
That legit has to be the worst reveal trailer of a console I've ever seen. They didn't even specify if it was a new console.

>>387775338
Nintendo by no means was an innocent party in the 3rd party debacle for the Wii U.
Read this
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-secret-developers-wii-u-the-inside-story

That being said, many 3rd parties did screw over the Wii U.
>>
Dumb gimmick, no marketing, few worthwhile exclusives
>>
>>387774783
No games.
>>
>>387775127
>>387775130
>>387775462
>marketing
People know WiiU they just don't want that liquid shit.
>>
File: 1reggie.jpg (6KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
1reggie.jpg
6KB, 275x183px
The success of it relied heavily on catching the same people who were drawn in by a Wii with the Wiimote's. Unfortunately for them the Gamepad didn't catch eyes because it came out in a time where devices similar in usage to it were mainstream already so the appeal was lost. They couldn't catch the "hardcore" because they didn't even consider them as an audience for it so all they were left with were the fans who are always buying their latest things. The line-up they had prepared over the years represents this as a decent chunk of their titles were made as beginner friendly games rather than ones to please fans.

If the system came out earlier before the tablet/smartphone days it would've done better. It was simply a system behind on the times from poor planning as they had it set in stone before they knew what the market would look like.
>>
File: 1279153117314.jpg (57KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1279153117314.jpg
57KB, 500x281px
>>387775130
>No marketing.

Worked at a vidya store when the Wii U launched and I swear to god not a single customer knew what a Wii U was.

>customer returns a Wii U game, thought it was a Wii game, happens a couple times
>realize hardly any customers know what the fuck it is
>every time someone brings a Wii U game to the counter I start specifically asking them "Oh, do you have the Wii U system?"
>most were clueless, thought the game was for Wii or thought the Wii U was just an optional tablet for the Wii
>>
>>387774783
Well, the name for one. The marketing, too. And the lack of third party support.
>>
No gaems until late in it's life but that was too little too late.
>>
>>387774783
When it was first revealed I honest to goodness had no fucking idea if it was an actual new console or just a Wii add-on. Their marketing, especially at launch, was legit fucking terrible
>>
>>387776397
There were only two reason I knew for sure it was a real console, one I was tracking it when it was called Project Cafe and two, if you squint all the way to the bottom right of the reveal trailer, you can see a white box that was different shape from the wii.
>>
>>387775130

>No marketing.

More like fucking shit marketing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6opj_AQgxw
>>
LITERALLY NO ONE KNEW IT WAS A NEW CONSOLE

EVERYONE THOUGHT IT WAS A WII ADDON
>>
>>387776505
I was marginally aware that Project Cafe was in the work but thought the Wii U was just some add-on they'd release for the Wii as its swan song soon before the Project Cafe launch. Kinda like how they released the DSi soon before the 3DS launch
>>
>>387776593

>when a good chunk of the marketing in your product's lifespan is trying to undo normie confusion over one idiotic decsion
>>
>>387776561
Ads like this just made people completely embarrassed to own the system.
>>
>>387776693

>Reggie comes from a marketing background
>Wii U marketing in the US was an absolute dumpster fire
>gets to keep his job
>>
>>387774783
>gimmicky
>terribly named
>terribly marketed
>lacked decent games
>>
>>387775332
>controller
>controller
>controller
wew
>>
>>387775338
>Mass Effect 3 port at full price when the whole trilogy pack was released at budget price.

spouting lies.

It was 60$ not a budget release or someshit.
Also why nintendo fags are privileged to get 3 games for same price when they would be entirely ported from other systems? Trilogy pack was just already released games on same disc shit. all those games were already available on ps3/x360.

>old ass ac port
again nintendo baby spouting bullshit it was Assassins creed 4 , one of the best in series and released same time with console.

>muh third party abandon us
>>
>>387775130
>Still, I played it more than my 3DS and PS4.
well then you're just dumb because both of systems have more and better games than Wii U
>>
Why would anyone buy a sligtly upgraded (if not worse in some manners) Wii U in 2012 when everyone knew next gen would arrive in 2013?

Consoles were past end cycle showed their power with 24 player Battlefield 3 vs 64 player on PC. Wii U didn't had 48 player or 64 player version of it . It didn't had better GTA 5 or at all.

Why would fuck you would buy Wii u For? Playing some gimmick zombi game? playing 100 rehash of same mario 2d platformer

literally worst console ever created.

thank god it bombed to barrier.

Buying a Wii u in 2012 where PS4 released in 2013 would be most stupid move you can ever do
>>
I think if they released the WIi U in 2009 or 2010, it would have been a success. Hell, maybe even 2011. But no way in 2012. Everyone knew the PS4 and Xbox One were coming out in 2013 and Nintendo made a console as powerful as the Xbox 360 with more ram for 2012.
>>
Question, did anyone ever see an ad for Bayonette 2?
>>
>>387777721
I remember seeing them on adult swim around the time it came out
>>
>>387774783
The absolute retarded name.
>>
>>387778343
yeah im sure "name" is problem when you have retard "new new new new ipad".

Name was not the problem. Problem nobody wanted this shit.It didnt had next gen specs so it was trash in box at launch.

If product was good name wouldnt be issue.
>>
>>387778480
iPads and other phones have numbers indicating which generation they are. Nintendo went full retard and used a letter.
>>
I think the Wii U could have been saved if in November of 2014, they released a completely redesigned Wii U with a sleek, non plasticy, non glossy coating with a normal controller standard and the the memory bandwidth issues fixed.
>>
File: image.png (918KB, 1024x1060px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
918KB, 1024x1060px
>>387776736
Consider the following:
reggie wanted it differently, but his japanese samurai overlords ordered him to do it there way.
Reggie ordered a nunchuk-ninja that killed the responsible nintenboss with a WII U pad senpuku style.
>>
File: unbox.ph ipad-3.jpg (37KB, 614x409px) Image search: [Google]
unbox.ph ipad-3.jpg
37KB, 614x409px
>>387779772
It just says iPAD
>we already have that son
>why you want same shit again

remind me new ipad again
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.