[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>built up as a really iconic and mysterious villain >finally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 216
Thread images: 28

File: Metal_Gear_Skull_Face_16.jpg (24KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Metal_Gear_Skull_Face_16.jpg
24KB, 512x512px
>built up as a really iconic and mysterious villain
>finally encounter him
>he reveals his master plan in the most boring segment imaginable, just babbling with no gameplay or reactions from venom
>turns out he's just a pretentious retard with a shitty plan
>no boss fight
>dies halfway through the game, killed in the most anti-climatic way possible
>otacon sr. shooting him ruins all the moral ambiguity from what venom and kaz did to him seconds before
>>
>>387774184
SUCH A LUST FOR REEEEEVENGE
>>
I WAS BORN IN A SMALL VILLAGE
>>
Who?
>>
seriously though what the fuck did he even need the mask for?
>>
His master plan was carried out before the game even starts and like the rest of the interesting parts of the story, it was relegated to shitty tapes because Kojimbo was too busy spending 50 million dollars mocapping Joosten rolling around on the ground for 80 hours.
>Did you enjoy my gift major?
>>
>>387774318
He's a big guy.
>>
File: 1502763582383.jpg (232KB, 579x819px) Image search: [Google]
1502763582383.jpg
232KB, 579x819px
Its like he has autism and is sperging out on the world. Kinda think of it all of them seem to have autism. Maybe autism makes you the perfect soldier.
>>
He would have been better without that stupid fucking ridiculous lone ranger mask.
Fucking Kojimbo hack with his stupid retarded decisions.
>>
>tfw not in the timeline where the game is about him fucking shit up with early nanomachines instead of stupid vocal chord parasites or whatever and he has a cool proto-Rex instead of that horrible out of place thing
>>
>>387774184

Supposedly he was going to be a Tyler durden-like alter-ego of Big Boss and Venom but then everyone started tweeting Kojima and calling it so Kojima got fucking pissed and changed the story so skull face was just some guy and Venom Snake's mental problems only manifested themselves once with the optional portion of the game involving Paz.
>>
>>387774184
His japanese VA is superb.
>>
File: 1501955082726.gif (1MB, 320x284px) Image search: [Google]
1501955082726.gif
1MB, 320x284px
>completely miss the car ride
>waiting for it the entire first chapter
>he dies
What did I do wrong? What the fuck.
>>
>>387774184
Man I wanted a final confrontation type thing but Kojima wanted to do some "epic" moment where you're stuck in a truck staring at this fuck for like 5 minutes while music plays
>>
>>387774592
He sounds fucking dumb.
>>
>>387774549

Sahaelanthropus is supposed to be out of place.

It was lost tech, much like the hominid of sahaelanthropus, a distant ancestor of humans that stood upright but died out long before homo erectus.

Also the biological analogs of vocal chord parasites and wolbachia are effectively early nanomachines. But their research was cancelled due to unpredictability.
>>
>>387774584
Earlier somebody said Ishmael was supposed to be just Big Medic's hallucination
So the end of MGSV would've just been another spin on "it was all a simulation" thing from MGS2 but this time it was all in your head
Lmaoing@Kojima
>>
>>387774785

Fox Die is likely the result of skullface''s research into micro-organisms that kill intended targets.
>>
>>387774820

Certainly makes more sense than BB and Medic both being hospitalized for years only to be attacked at the same time just as Medic wakes up.
>>
>>387774661
It's impossible to miss that sequence, why am I even (you)ing?
>>
>>387774184
Huey ruins everything, it's what he does, anon.
>>
>>387774661
You can't miss it. It's at the end of the Skullface mission where you sneak through OKB Zero.
>>
>>387774184
>otacon sr. shooting him ruins all the moral ambiguity from what venom and kaz did to him seconds before

I agree with everything else, but I liked this.
>>
>>387775226
But otacon is a traitor boss! GUILTY ALL ACCOUNTS!
>>
>>387774184
YOU ALREADY BECAME A DEMON FOR SUCH LITTLE WEAPONS?
>>
Why was everything so unfinished? You never get any real peace from skullfaces death, sehalanthropus fucks off with psycho mantis and eli never to be heard of again, quiet fucks off but theres no real story for d dog or horse, strangeloves death tape etc.
>>
>>387774184
>"It was me, John, I was the author of all your pain"
Really Kojima?
Also, he would've been handsome with his face intact
>>
>>387775449
>Why was everything so unfinished?
Because Konami ran out of patience and told Kojima to just ship what he had.
>>
File: b23f59e08647d13ea43c592a8c151323.png (266KB, 1163x1376px) Image search: [Google]
b23f59e08647d13ea43c592a8c151323.png
266KB, 1163x1376px
>>387775468
Forgot pic
>>
>>387774184
>killed in the most anti-climatic way possible

Fuck You that was very climatic.

You had just beaten sehalanthropus and then you and kaz joined arms to blow his limbs off. God I hate blind fags like you, also just because you didn't understand his plan or motives doesn't mean it was bad. MGSV was too ambiguous for you.
>>
>>387775449
>You never get any real peace from skullfaces death,

THAT'S THE POINT DICKHEAD. THAT'S HOW REVENGE ALWAYS WORKS

PLEBS FUCK OFF RRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>387775773
>THAT'S HOW REVENGE ALWAYS WORKS

Wrong.
>>
>>387774184
Should have just had Big Boss confront Skullface and when Skullface is making the end of his grand evil speech and his life bar pops on screen he gets stepped on by Snagglepuss.
>>
>>387775542
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?
>>
>>387774318
to hide the black thing around the eyes like quiet
>>
>>387774184
>>387775710
It's "climactic" not "climatic," you pair'a cunts.
>>
>Big medic throws vials into fire
>One gets burned
>One gets stolen by phsyco mantis
>Obviously other one is in quiet

Explain what happened to the psycho mantis one
>>
>>387775889
But why dosen't Quiet wear a mask then?
>>
>>387774184
The best part about him was the tape of him ringing the bell while interrogating Codetalker.
>>
>>387775975
psycho mantis was gonna unleash it somewhere or something but then it was cut.

just like how eli stole sehelanthropus and then it was forgotten that he did.
>>
>>387774184
He doped himself with parasite but why died so easily.
>>
>>387776175
He wasn't died he was fired
>>
>>387774274
http://picosong.com/wscHf/
>>
>>387776125
That was a good tape

I like skullface, he was awesome in the opening of gz, and he had great lines and presence
I didnt like his death, but I guess it was meant to be unfulfilling in a way. Sort of a massive bad guy who was always in the background scheming and cleaning up dying in a pleb way to the most pleb character of the series adds weight to it

Fuck haters
>>
>>387776748
fuck you
>>
>>387776847
Not him but fuck you too
>>
>>387776876
rude
>>
>>387774184
Was this your first metal gear game? When snake finds the villain they monologue at him while he grunts or gives one word answers. How many words does Big Boss exchange with Volgin. How many words does snake say to Liquid other than shouting liquid?
>>
>>387776912
literally one grunt is more than venom utters during the entire 5 minute scene. song plays during the middle of it for no reason. just exposition of a lame scheme with no further context or reactions or engagement. bad.
>>
>>387776847
No you
>>
WHO IS DOING THIS?
>>
>>387776994
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzODRWtEsXs

I don't think snake says a word this whole scene. Snakes never interact with the big bag. The mistake was not having someone else in the jeep to do interesting shit. I like the idea of snake just ignoring the ranting villain.
>>
>>387777120
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>387774184
>No boss fight
My biggest problem with MGS V the lack of great boss fights make it shit compared to other games.
>>
WOULDNT YOU AGREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?
>>
>>387774274
Local man ruined everything.
>>
File: IMG_2520.jpg (49KB, 373x359px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2520.jpg
49KB, 373x359px
>>387774184
My only problem with this guy was that he's the only really hammy character in the game. Everyone else in the game is all serious no ham.
>>
seriously the fucking car ride might be the worst decision I've ever seen regarding a villain in any medium
>>
>>387775980
he uses it cause hes ashamed or something i think there's a tape about it, quiet doesn't need to use it
>>
i bought this thankfully only for 20 dollars
this starting segment is taking fucking 10 years to finish with little to no input, the movement so far has consisted of only accepting inputs for one direction at an incredibly slow and grueling pace over relatively long distances
what the fuck is this shit will this stop ever?
>>
>>387777939
Git gud
>>
>>387778114
i wish i could but there's nothing to "git gud" at
stop being a faggot with your retarded platitudes
>>
>>387778168
Git gud at posting
>>
I was expecting another Gean kind of rival. In terms of personality it was well developed but...
>>
File: jodie foster.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
jodie foster.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>
>>387775792
>>387775773
>>387775449
>>>387775449
>>
The entire point of the ending for chapter 1 is to show that skull face hunts venom even after death but clearly because of cuts they couldnt expand on it.
>>
>>387774184
No, the moment you see him you laugh and know hes a moron and a retard with a shit plot, I mean look at the plot when you leave the starting spot.
>>
File: 1481627015563.jpg (47KB, 573x681px) Image search: [Google]
1481627015563.jpg
47KB, 573x681px
>kojimbo fucked up and wrote something poorly
>nu uh it's supposed to be shit, so it's actually really good!
>>
File: mgsv_code_talker.jpg (107KB, 302x351px) Image search: [Google]
mgsv_code_talker.jpg
107KB, 302x351px
>>387779793
w o l b a c h i a
>>
>>387774184
>play GROUND ZEROES
>skullface is rarely seen
>no idea what his plan is or what he's doing
>has this unit of soldiers that is quite literally meant to be the opposite of the FOX unit
>find a tape of him torturing a soldier and then psychologically taunting him during his evil monologue and convincing the soldier into giving in to the torture so maybe one day the soldier can get revenge on skullface for the torture instead of him dying

>play PHANTOM PAIN
>shows up in a Bandito mask

Kojima was a mistake
>>
This can describe most characters that were hinted at during pre-release actually
>>
>>387774184
Venom is Skullface. The motivation was a ruse. He didn't really die that way, that entire scene was fake. You know the one where Venom and Miller literally turn into past versions of themselves? Doesn't happen. Even Miller proves it later saying what Skullfaces last words are, which don't match the scene.

Even the part where Sahelanthropus supposedly smashes Skullface, right after that, the screen scrolls back and Venom stands up in a "switching character perspective" situation. Hell their backstories are even the same; they both had their face and identity taken from them. Skullface is seen driving away before he gets "crushed". Venom literally never talks to Skullface or talks when he's talking. There are diamond dog logos all over OKB Zero. Etc.
>>
>>387780192
>meant to be the opposite of FOX
>name them XOF
Wew
>>
Can we just render MGSV non-canon? Please?
>>
>>387780430
>quite literally the opposite side of the same coin.
>>
>>387780460
Only if we can render the huge turd so called MGS4 as well.
>>
>>387781332
mgs4 is a masterpiece
>>
>>387781332
MGS4 was awesome. Never got the complainants about it.
>>
>>387781509
at least someone gets it
>>
>>387780414
so who blew up the chopper with Venom in it? himself
>>
>>387781509
not him, but absolutely not.

>Literally everything is because of Nanomachines
>really tight, linear levels with a few variations in paths
>Patriots immediately retconned from boogeymen to LOLAI
>Every cutscene is telling you why the last cutscene was actually wrong, then a 10 minute powerpoint presentation on why this NEW thing is actually happening, and then explaining to you why it's important
>Boss fights are actual bullet sponges that you can just equip the M60 and use 100% of your ammo on without issue
>>
>>387781610
Yeah
What's your problem faggot?
>>
>>387781509
>>387781569
>50 minute cutscenes with people talking about nanomachines and geopolitical bullshit
>masterpiece
>>
>>387781757
Are you a brainlet?
Perhaps you should play Serious Sam
>>
>>387781610
Don't use internet memes as an argument. That part nanomachines was used to explain, made sense.
There are some levels like that I will admit but there are tons of levels with branching pathways, so thats wrong.
Same thing
>Every cutscene is telling you why the last cutscene was actually wrong, then a 10 minute powerpoint presentation on why this NEW thing is actually happening, and then explaining to you why it's important
Powerpoint presentation somewhat valid, but I like that they left no stone unturned. They dived deep into shit and everything was explained
>Boss fights are actual bullet sponges that you can just equip the M60 and use 100% of your ammo on without issue
Only valid compliant. Still, I look back and enjoy those more compared to MGSV. But bosses like 1-3 would of been perfect.
>>
File: 428792.jpg (97KB, 728x859px) Image search: [Google]
428792.jpg
97KB, 728x859px
>>387781791
>Wanting to play the game and not watching 45 minute conversations make you a brainet
>>
>>387775180
>>387775035
The only thing I can think of is that OP meant skipped (it's legit the o my skippable part of the game
>>
>>387781610
nanomachines keeps the patriots engine of war going, makes sense
Perhaps, but thats always been the way in mgs games, Snake Eaters setting lent itself to more exploration
Zero gave control over the patriots assets to AI because of his failing health, he had no real predecessor
Such as when?
You mean you had to use your head to beat a boss instead of spraying bullets at it? terrible
>>
>>387774184
>sit in a jeep while the big bad literally explains what he's done and why he did it
>venom does not say a single fucking word
Maybe I'm fucking retarded but I think a lot of what make previous MGS villains work is how they bounced off Snake/The Main Character. The stakes weren't always intensely personal, but you could tell what Snake thought of it. For example, Big Boss and The End had no persona enmity set up by the story, but how BB talked about him and how he showed regret if you just let the old fuck rot to death showed a lot about how he didn't personally hate his opponents, and might even respect them (which actually did a pretty good job in setting up the outer haven thing). Hell, Old Snake and Ocelot healing each other up while they were trying to beat each other to fucking death with their bare hands is commonly held up as one of the most 'kino' moments in the series.

Everyone likes a good hero, but villains are what makes the plot exist. You can't just half-ass that shit without a really good plan.
>>
I'm about to replay MGSV with the infinite heaven mod, anyone here that's tried it out?
It looks kinda cool.
>>
>>387774184
It's literally the most disappointing game ever made. Kojima being a hack that lost all respect for MGS was already blatantly apparent in MGS4 but this fucking turd is on a whole new level.
>>
>>387782096

You mean like how Volgin explains his plan and Snake doesn't say a word.
>>
>>387782146
what's it do again?
>>
I think they could have salvaged him if they did like Arkham Knight did and kept him in Snake's head (like they were apparently going to do) constantly there, never shutting up, and Snake still never responding
>>
>>387781831
I'm actually not using the internet as an argument, I thought it was incredibly bullshit that most of the realistic use of paranormal / supernatural stuff was simply explained away as Nanomachines. Everything was Nanomachines.

Screaming Mantis? Nanomachines. Followed by retarded fan service that was obscenely out of place and ruined the flow of you beating the game

>branching pathways
The same degree that some COD levels let you branch off, yes.

>left no stone unturned
There is no reason to go into this much detail on so much shit, let alone specifically constantly recontextualizing the same plot points continually over the course of what is supposed to be the final chapter of the franchise.

The game could have easily been focused on the shit that matters- When I criticize nanomachines, I'm not criticizing all nanomachines. I think stuff like all the PMC soldiers using nanomachines and it leaving them vulnerable to the Guns of the Patriots system is brilliant. But just because I like a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream doesn't mean I want to be force fed a giant tub of it in one sitting.
>>
>>387782294
if only you could google that
>>
>>387782146
>>387782294
>Has several hundred toggleable options ranging from Subsistence mode for all missions, replay side-ops, Mother base invasions with multiple attack helicopters, Skull attacks in Free roam, Free-cam, skip heli rides, customization of enemy and mother base gear, foot, heavy vehicle and heli patrols in free roam, and much more.

Last time I tried it, and that was a while ago, it was pretty much the same fucking game. Except you have a little menu you can access to spawn stuff and change a few things. Got old after a couple minutes, and could do so much more from Cheat Engine.

But then last time I tried it,
>foot, heavy vehicle and heli patrols in free roam
were precisely not available, because changing that stuff was deemed impossible by modders. So either someone found a way, or you're supposed to open the little menu and spawn them yourself as you used to.

I guess it's a good idea to try it again to see what's changed, but I wouldn't bet too much on it.
>>
>>387782294
It seems to do a bunch of shit but the features I'm most interested in is the ones that change freeroam a bit, adding high-end randomised soldiers to some outposts, patrols between outposts. It also has a setting to enable subsistence mode on all missions instead of just the few we get which is how I'm planning to play through the game where possible.
>>
>>387774465
For you
>>
I want MGS4 Meryl to put me in a headlock and jerk me off

Fuck I love those beefy arms
Kojima is a true visionary
>>
>>387782209
I get where you're coming from, and I'll agree that Volgin was easily the weakest character in MGS3, but holy shit ask me any day and I will always take "sadistic madcunt trying to spark off a world war" over "WHOOOOO" every time. And at the very least, BB and Volgin interacted more. He tortured the shit out of him, pursued him out of Groznyj Grad, and was personally present in his final boss fight.
and after volgin died he was followed by the best moment in the whole series, while I can't even remember exactly what happened after skullface got capped besides "wolbachia" and talk of hamburgers
>>
>>387782517
>Metal Gear Solid 5 could have been about how after the destruction of Mother Base, Venom is operating out of a tent in the desert with limited supplies and like the 1 helicopter at the start
>The AAC is the last base of operations Snake has
>They are Diamond Dogs because they are a pack of dogs, scrounging for scraps to rebuild their empire
>If you need to travel somewhere else get in the helicopter, and fly to another drop point on the map to get out seamlessly
>Inventory system is managed by calling in a helicopter and swapping out items / weapons on missions
>To add new weapons into inventory you must either do missions for rewards, or steal them from in the world to add them to your inventory
>Don't have to fulton 900 million things in all missions
>Don't even have to act like it's believable 3 dudes manage to single handedly build a billion dollar off shore platform after their last billion dollar platform was obliderated
>>
>>387774538
>a parasite that kills people who speak english
>a group lead by a spooky dude who isn't really spooky or strong and is actually weak as fuck.
>99.9% of the game is doing side shit and .1% being actual and so little story that it gets fucking boring
it's a fucking retarded plot
>>
>>387782836
is it ever explained how they got another fucking base in the first place?
>>
>>387774184
>dies halfway through the game, killed in the most anti-climatic way possible
he dies at the end of the game. Everything after that is post-game
>>
>>387782846
It's actually pretty impressive that despite Kojimbo's bullshit the team managed to salvage the project with an amazing and fun gameplay.
>>
>>387782894
If the stuff "post-game" is part of the game, then maybe the game isn't over. Never be game over.
>>
>>387775980
He can't speak his mother tongue anymore because of his own creation. I would feel embarassed too.
>>
>>387782886
Well I doubt Kaz was sitting in a corner playing with his diyuk in those 9 years.
>>
>>387782886
Yes. Try listening to the tapes.
>>
File: 1502816849202.jpg (99KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1502816849202.jpg
99KB, 640x480px
>>387777564
Even worst than Liquid Ocelot? Oh, right. MGS2 can't do wrong.
>>
>>387783323
Wanna just tell us how they got a couple hundred million dollars together to build their first platforms?
>>
>>387775449
>theres no real story for d dog or horse

How the fuck could you have a story for a horse? It runs away and you have to rescue from rapist Soviets and then you both fight a tank division?
>>
>>387781580
Zero
>>
>>387783448
The Seychelles government gave it to Kaz.
>>
>>387774184
Huey is the only sane person in the game
>shoot Skullface so he can end his suffering
>trap strangelove inside the pod because fuck her for creating the AI
>ignoring the idea of revenge
>realize that DD is actually a wolf instead of a dog
>realize that Venom is not Big Boss
>knows that the Diamond Dogs is just an insane unnecessary military power
>>
>>387783516
It's the son of the Boss's horse
>>
>>387783573
The Seychelles Government gave Kaz a base, that you constantly are able to expand building larger and larger and larger platforms to on new, previously non-existent infrastructure and add multiple platforms to, to the point that at the first sign of a soldier getting a stuffy nose they decide to build an ENTIRE platform to quarantine their soldiers?
>>
>>387783402
>implying that was bad
>>
>>387782756
>Who's afraid of a little lightning...
>>
>>387783653
Yes.
>>
>>387783720
Kojima truly is the Stephen King of video games.
>>
>>387783612
>It's the son of the Boss's horse

They made two clones of the horse and the two horses fight to the death on top of Sahelanthropus.
>>
>>387783761
They secretly made a third clone
>>
>>387783804
>They secretly made a third clone

The third clone horse has a lust for revenge. Takes control of Psycho Mantis.
>>
File: images (34).jpg (17KB, 551x267px) Image search: [Google]
images (34).jpg
17KB, 551x267px
>perfect clones of BB
>Look different

KOJIMAAAAAAA!!!!!
>>
>>387783667
It's completely retarded, even by MGS standards.
>>
>>387783653
Are you seriously complaining about the base knowing the other glaring problems with this game?
>>
>>387783869

The whole recessive genes thing doesn't make sense. You need a pair of genes for every allele. So if one has all the recessive genes and the other has all the dominant genes, that means that both of them are missing half of BB's entire genome and aren't actually clones.
>>
>>387783595

Huey is the only sane person in the game
>shoot Skullface so he can end his suffering
Oh yeah because Skullface totally did not deserve to suffer.
>trap strangelove inside the pod because fuck her for creating the AI
But he only trapped her there because she hid is son from him because he was making him be a part of experiments.
>ignoring the idea of revenge
The only one who really wanted revenge was Kaz and the motherbase soldiers
>realize that DD is actually a wolf instead of a dog
Uh
>realize that Venom is not Big Boss
He never realized that.
>knows that the Diamond Dogs is just an insane unnecessary military power
Pls
>>
File: tumblr_lwudgwhIJv1qh87wbo1_1280.jpg (10KB, 200x139px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lwudgwhIJv1qh87wbo1_1280.jpg
10KB, 200x139px
>>387774184
>muh gameplay
>muh open world
>muh online

I'm sure I'd have enjoyed it if was more of a normalfag.
>>
>>387783869
>perfect clones of BB
They aren't though.
>>
>>387781509
Then you deserve MGSV being canon.
>>
>he reveals his master plan in the most boring segment imaginable, just babbling with no gameplay or reactions from venom
This is different from other MGS entries how exactly? They're always bland, 45 minute (literally) monologues at the end of the games. Everything else is just character drama, which MGSV had plenty of, you (and I) just didn't give a fuck about any of the characters.
>>
>>387784143
I feel like Venom was supposed to respond at some point, and they just removed his lines entirely because they wanted him to be a silent protagonist.
>>
>>387784254
>silent protagonist
>hired KEEFER SULTHALAN

Why wouldn't they just hire Hayter and get him to speak less? Like what the fuck?
>>
>>387784143
>Everything else is just character drama, which MGSV had plenty of
I never imagined they could make Ocelot anything but amazing but they managed to make him the most boring fucker in the game along with Venom and Quiet

Kaz felt like the only real character
>>
>>387784319

Because Hayter sucks ass and would make me cringe every time Snake opened his mouth.

I can just imagine the funeral scene with Hayter instead...*cringe*
>>
>>387780192
And then chico doesn't even show up in TPP so no revenge for him.
>>
>>387784321
>MGS5 could have had Hayter as the *true* voice of Big Boss once the Venom reveal hit
>Kaz's voice could have been done by Cam Clarke coming back to voice Miller by doing the voice of Liquid impersonating McMaster Miller, which would be meta as fuck and fully explained why Solid Snake never figured out why it was Liquid
>>
>>387784556
He was meant to
>>
>>387784454
>*cringe*
*farts in your face*
>>
>>387784012
the purpose of diamond dogs is only to hide the real big boss m8
>>
File: 1488770246589.jpg (20KB, 396x593px) Image search: [Google]
1488770246589.jpg
20KB, 396x593px
>>387784556
>mfw the game came out and all the Chico=Quiet shitposting got killed with a throwaway line
>>
Would've have been better if Skullface turned out to be Hot Coldman or some shit?
>>
>>387784321
That's because it's filler and Kaz is the only player on his level, the only one with anything to lose or theoreticallu gain. Ocelot is playing the Patriot's Game (no pun intended), Huey knows Venom isn't BB and evidently wants to GTFO Mother Base, Liquid is here... for some reason, Quiet has no motives beyond getting the Medick, Old Diner only came for the hamboigahs, and Kaz just wants to play soldier with his friends but nobody else wants to and he has no friends.
>>
>>387784717
>Man on Fire isn't Python
Kojimbo is eternally salty, also nobody played PW. Didn't people theorize that Skullman was Steve Blum's character from PW?
>>
File: metalgearsolidstefaniejoosten1.jpg (147KB, 660x320px) Image search: [Google]
metalgearsolidstefaniejoosten1.jpg
147KB, 660x320px
Why though
>>
>>387784902
Why what?
>>
>>387784937
Why, dude
>>
>>387784759
Did Huey know about Venom?
>>
>>387784957
Yeah dude, why?
>>
>>387784998
No, he just didn't recognize him immediately.
>>
>>387785046
C'mon man, just tell me
>>
>>387784998
Nah he didn't, this guy is talking outta his ass, pham.
>>
>>387784660
And to build on the Legend that is Big Boss and his PMC.
>>
>>387784143
I always wondered if the fact that Venom never responds is just because he really isn't BB
Couldn't give less of a shit about Skullfuck's plan
>>
>>387775449
People think the game is 2/3rds finished but I was involved in some commissioned audio technician work for both GZ and TPP and they had
SO
MUCH
more shit planned.
Game is like 1/10th done as it is now.

They were going to have a whole fourth area on top of the third area we didn't get, it was going to be a big military complex which you were suppose to clear out and make yours as a precursor for outer haven.
I did a lot of audio work for some of the environment in it, and the dam map for metal gear online was going to be a part of another area in the second map.

Mother base was going to have a launchpad and you were going to be able to work on another metal gear like you did in Peace Walker.

A young Solid Snake was going to make an appearance, I did a lot of audio work for an early sneaking suit that apparently got pushed off onto MGO's team to work with.

A lot of the out-of-place high tech shit you get was going to be paced out a lot better so you steadily advance to it, the original idroid planned for Ground Zeroes was a lot more low tech and apparently they scrapped that early.

They were also planning on small animals having their own storage and models, worked on a lot of animal noises for them.

Maybe the story wouldn't have been so stupid if it wasn't so cut back but from the way it was going if they DID have the time they needed to make everything like they wanted to then we'd probably still be waiting for it to release though.

I wish Kojima all of the luck on his next project, I know a lot of people think he's a hack and that he has a huge ego but he's actually a very mellow dude and very enjoyable company. I think a lot of the "Hideo Kojima game" is because he's a huge movie autist and wants his games to feel like both a game and a movie. He tries to make sure the game is something he would enjoy playing himself as much as possible.
>>
V was such an abortion. The famous Solid series ended not with a bang, but with a whimper.
>>
>>387785287
True story
>>
>>387785287
Sure you did, bud
>>
>>387785287
>Kojima only managed to finish 1/10th of his game with a 80 million dollar budget and atleast 4-5 years of development

Am I supposed to believe this?
>>
>>387785463
You can back it up with left over files. A lot of unused shit went over to MGO.
>>
File: 1473869425684.png (10KB, 305x275px) Image search: [Google]
1473869425684.png
10KB, 305x275px
>>387785246
Probably it's a combination of him having PTSD, a shrapnel to the head, being brainwashed and saying big words to villains being pointless in his position.
>>
>>387785556
We don't even know his name.
Just some confused dude trying to fill shoes of some asshole. And we're told to not feel bad, because Venom shares and builds up the legend of that asshole.
But what if he wanted to have his own legend?
>>
>>387785556
Is there a Big Medic edit of the wojak party picture except with it's him in the jeep with Skullington
>>
>>387784319
I thought that Kojima decided on the silent protag thing late into development, long after they had hired Kiefer and had him record a bunch of lines that were then thrown out.
>>
>>387785937
No, he decided that in pre-production.
>>
>>387785856
I'm afraid there's not such a pic.
>>
File: MGS 5 revelations from 4ch v.png (3MB, 1920x7356px) Image search: [Google]
MGS 5 revelations from 4ch v.png
3MB, 1920x7356px
>>387785287

the plot thickens
>>
>>387787518
(((Konami))) will never finish the game and have the best game ever made

They already have so much done and made heaps off the game already

Feels bad man
>>
>>387784717

He would've been better if he was in a finished game, with his finished story and planned mechanics. Like how sound files imply he was supposed to be a boss, and maybe even recruitable for your base.

The most important thing he did in terms of story was actually finding out where Zero was, and fucking him up physically by making him prick his finger somehow or some shit. Everything else he did was almost irrelevant, which is a shame because Skull Face looks fucking awesome.
>>
MGS is shit, nothing new
>>
Can a nibba get caramel in here
>>
>>387789124
Skullface as a recuitable character would have been awesome
>>
>>387777777
Checking the comment
>>
>>387776908
Fuck you
>>
File: gamescom-2017.jpg (34KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
gamescom-2017.jpg
34KB, 1280x720px
This year's Gamescom is the last event I could potentially see them announcing some kind of MGSV content. Gamescom is the first major event since the 30th anniversary of MG, and it's the same event they announced Survive at, so I'm getting ever so slightly hopeful for some cool surprise.
>>
>>387782146
can you make a dd soldier wear the sniper wolf uniform

only thing ive ever wanted to do
>>
File: B7f2_OECEAAyijj.jpg (27KB, 545x362px) Image search: [Google]
B7f2_OECEAAyijj.jpg
27KB, 545x362px
>TPP was nearly 2 years ago
why
>>
REMOVE ENGLISH
>>
>>387783595
>shoot Skullface so he doesn't speak about how he betrayed everyone and knew about the fake nuclear inspection
>trap Strangelove in France to avoid paying for child support
>gets revenge against fucking everyone stealthily
>tries to brainwash people by complaining about D-Dog being a wolf, when it's just a pun because D-Wolf doesn't sound good enough, plus the PMC is called "Diamond Dogs" not "Diamond Wolves", and everyone knows it's a wolf, and none of this constitutes an argument
>realizes Venom isn't the real Big Boss, but if he had been Big Boss, he'd have schwooped his ass
>misses the point of the existence of Diamond Dogs, and almost kills everyone on the base, including himself

He is the very definition of insanity.
>>
File: did they know.jpg (188KB, 781x1395px) Image search: [Google]
did they know.jpg
188KB, 781x1395px
I have just one question. Did they know?
>>
>>387789894
>so I'm getting ever so slightly hopeful for some cool surprise
A new Survive trailer.
>>
>>387783869
Solidus is the perfect clone and guess what
he looks identical to BB
>>
>>387789894
>literally who: the event
>not TGS
>>
File: MetalGearSurvive.jpg (145KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
MetalGearSurvive.jpg
145KB, 1280x720px
>>387789894
>MGS5 zombie bullshit is actually an involuntary VR Training from abducted Mother Base soldiers at the end of Ground Zeroes
>Soldiers forced to run this brutal survival simulator for years, every death wipes their memory and they are inserted as a new person
>Their memory is wiped but their reflexes and instincts improve
>The final chapter is the soldier breaking out of the VR Training and completing a 4 hour mini campaign that ties up all the lose ends from MGS 5 and world building for MG1
>>
>Reading through this thread
MGSV was fucking stupid
>>
>>387791273
This looks really shit.
>>
>>387791039
How mad do you think he was when he lost his left eye?
>>
>>387791727
It has base building
And I can play as a gril

Pre-Order for me
>>
File: Solid_and_Solidus_Snake.jpg (150KB, 818x599px) Image search: [Google]
Solid_and_Solidus_Snake.jpg
150KB, 818x599px
>>387791039
Solidus was literally just older Snake
I'm pretty sure all three of them are supposed to look pretty much the same
But it's not like real life identical twins look exactly alike even though their dna is perfectly identical
>>
>Originally, the player, when being escorted by Skull Face, was supposed to go directly into OKB Zero via a jeep and be given a "tour" of the facility. It also intended that mass production assembly lines of Sahelanthropus would have been included before emerging at Serak Power Plant's internal elevator. However, because of Konami's insistence that The Phantom Pain be released for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in addition to the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam versions, the path was altered so Skull Face instead has Venom Snake escorted from OKB Zero down a path passing by the Soviet Base Camp and then through Serak Power Plant, with OKB Zero itself being left unfinished in terms of development.

TL;DR The jeep ride was tacked on and rushed for the sake of last gen consoles.
>>
>MG Monhun instead of Survive
In the end you beat the shit out of various elder dragons in a REX and then a RAY
>>
>take mens tongues, not mens lives
>LOL SO THERE ARE THESE PARASITES
>LMAO
>SO THEY CAN TARGET SPECIFIC LANGUAUGES AND WILL KILL YOU IF YOU SPEAK IT WHILE INFECTED
>IM GOING TO LAUNCH GOD DAMN MISSILES EVERY WHERE HAHAHA
>bong rip
>>
>>387792131
>Believing anything a person who solely blames a console the game was originally developed for says

Anon you are too gullible
>>
File: 1499800192652.jpg (5KB, 233x250px) Image search: [Google]
1499800192652.jpg
5KB, 233x250px
>>387792131
>source: /v/
>>
>>387792340
>IM GOING TO LAUNCH GOD DAMN MISSILES EVERY WHERE HAHAHA
The mass production of nukes was just for deterrence purposes, so little countries could survive.
>>
>>387791983
What image you just showed right there is literally a time cutting development technique, to rehash everything from another model instead of creating a new one right out of scratch.

Similar to how all the Protoman sprites in the classic Megaman games are just sprite edits of Mega Man with glasses and a scarf.
>>
>>387793514
I'm talking about the ones for the parasites
>>
>>387774538
he would be better if he spoke in a raspy fucking voice

>I LOST MY LANGUAGE SNAKEEEE
>>
>>387774318
To make it easier to see who is controlling Psycho Mantis. Mantis wears the domino mask when controlled by Skullface. Burning hands when controlled by the Man on Fire. Red Beret on the shoulder when controlled by Eli
>>
>>387794624
Doesn't invalidate my point, the reason they could do that to begin with that they're supposed to look alike
>>
>>387794786
The parasites where meant to be shot with missiles iirc. The explosion would have killed the microbes.
>>
File: 1497038650087.png (826KB, 518x834px) Image search: [Google]
1497038650087.png
826KB, 518x834px
>>387794793
Remind me of this
>>
>>387795361
I don't know anon the game is just a fucking mess.
>>
>>387795361
weren't*
>>
>>387774184
Say what you will but that scene did a fantastic job of making Huey easy to hate
>>
File: 1499727484272.gif (2MB, 275x226px) Image search: [Google]
1499727484272.gif
2MB, 275x226px
>>387774846
This actually makes sense.
>>
I hate how skullface goes back in time to cuck all of BB's achievements in MGS3.
>>
Huey Emmerich, Eric Pardo, and Griffith for the Did Nothing Wrong crossover when?
>>
>>387791828
Stop it, man. You're giving me the shills.
>>
>>387795580
Really? You didn't hate that spineless shit already?
>>
>>387795794
There is a tape about Skull Face and Zero arguing about parasites and fox die iirc.
>>
TO PREVENT COPULATION
>>
File: Skull Face.png (1MB, 1100x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Skull Face.png
1MB, 1100x1080px
>>387795794
>>387795905
Here, found it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0WvUEjhadM
Thread posts: 216
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.