[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is guild wars 2 worth getting back into?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: index.jpg (13KB, 270x186px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
13KB, 270x186px
I stopped playing shortly after heart of thorns was released and I found out that there is a new expansion coming out. Did I miss anything from heart of thorns that was crucial also should I get back into playing this game?
>>
>>387770724
Not really
It's not even worth coming back for PoF
>>
Best MMO since TBC WoW.
>>
>>387770875
The reason why I stopped playing is because I got really burned out from exploring everything on the world map. Is the pvp in the game even good?
>>
>>387770973
PvP is alright but you'll have to buy the expac if you want to be competitive
>>
>>387771215
I own heart of thorns I just never played it lol. Bought it when it was new. What did I miss in that expansion?
>>
>>387770724
No.
>>
>>387771215
Guild wars 2 caps at level 80, how did they make it so that there is some sort of progression for an expansion?
>>
>>387771349

Mastery system and new class specializations.
>>
>>387771438
what is the mastery system?
>>
>>387771489

Adds a superficial level system that involves collecting mastery points that are spent to buy additional abilities to traverse the expansion maps in a Castlevania style progress system.

Most notably gliding in HOT, and mounts in POF. Among other things.
>>
>>387771276
If you never played it you missed everything retard.
It's worth getting into tho, they added a lot of stuff
>>
how badly will Camelot Unchained and Crowfall and whatever RvR MMOs in development be impacted by the new breed of leaders brought about by GW2 WvW?
>>
What mmo would you guys say is the best right now?
>>
>>387771964
they all suck
eve online is stale after 14 years
>>
>>387771964
Oldshool Runescspe
>>
i want to get back into it but everytime i think about the mastery grind i feel so demotivated
>>
>>387770724
Plain and simple, no.
>>
>>387774151
Just have fun bro.

Thats really what the game is about.
>>
>>387770724
>Did I miss anything from heart of thorns that was crucial

Yes

>should I get back into playing this game?

Yes.

I'm biased, but I do like this game a lot. I think the only games that made me stop playing GW2 was Tekken 7, Kof XIV and XCOM 2. And even though the last one kept me busy the longest, I still revert back to GW2
>>
So.

Any of the new elite specs interesting to any of you?
>>
Revenant is fun

some of the HoT elite specs like Scrapper are super fun

theres been ~6 new PvP maps and a ton of PvE content added since launch

definitely worth playing, especially since HoT is only $20 right now
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.