[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So the entire game is essentially gonna be carried by really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_1446.jpg (173KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1446.jpg
173KB, 1200x800px
So the entire game is essentially gonna be carried by really unfunny ironic humor, right?
>>
The game's gonna be carried by including as much nostalgia shit (like the villains) they can stuff into the game as possible. They've been doing this ever since Sonic Generations got such great ratings
>>
>>387769646
It's not like people don't like shit like that though, you should see people creaming themselves in the Kirby threads over every old random villain or reference in the new games.

Honestly Sonic deserves it too since it took them like 20 years to even reference what should be the main theme. I dont see why people get so mad about it too. Up until generations Sonic was almost the only long game series to just say fuck it to is roots and pretend that outside of the characters the music, levels, and story from the older games never existed.
>>
So those Happy Tree Friends guys wrote this one too, right?
>>
why are there two sonics?
>>
>>387769510
No, it's gonna be carried by purely concentrated edgy. Ironic edge is even worse than legitimate edge.
>>
>>387772113
From Sega, two hedgehogs were born
>>
>>387769510
Yes, the entire game is based around amerifat comics.
>>
>>387769510
Sonic Team is getting very desperate; they are absolutely expecting this to be carried by nostalgia, edginess and even OC autism. It may be considered a trainwreck (though not a complete disaster like 06 and Rise of Lyric) by the more sane fans, but it will still sell because of normalfags and the less sane fans.
>>
>>387773610
>Nostalgia
>Only nostalgic things are classic Sonic and Green Hill
>Not even 5% of the game has been shown yet

The hell are you doing?
>>
>>387773808

You forgot Shadow, Metal Sonic, and Chaos
>>
>>387773861
Oh man you're right I also forgot about the other nostalgiabait sonic tails and knuckles
>>
>>387773861
Chemical Plant too. It's okay though, I'm sure they're stopping there in a game about revisiting old places and villains.
>>
>>387771985
sadly pontac and graff will be writing this yes. It's gonna be fucking awful. At least the gameplay might not suck and the music will hopefully be decent (bar fist pump or whatever that hoobastank
track is which is fucking awful.)

It's gonna sell well though. Without needing 4 amiibo to access the whole game. So good old Sega are still doing what Nintendon't.

>regarding Mania, Iizuka said it would have NO DLC because the game was a traditional throwback to the old days when games were released complete and for a low price.
Fucking savage. But also hypocritical when Forces will probably have DLC out the ass.
>>
>>387769510
theyre being attacked by underwear made to eat salad!! XD
>>
File: 1502595598357.jpg (77KB, 615x627px) Image search: [Google]
1502595598357.jpg
77KB, 615x627px
>>387775048
>>387769510
Okay shit like this make me think. What theme should the series be? Straightforward and humorous (Colors/Lost World/Generations) or dark and serious (Adventure 1-2/Shadow/06)?
>>
>>387774395

I'm not holding my breathe with the director of Sonic: Lost World heading this game and the producer of Sonic 06' attached to it.
>>
>>387775407
Can you really call Adventure dark and serious? It was lighthearted but not strictly made for little kids, with a tip of seriousness and dark at the end.
>>
It's gonna be carried by boost pads everywhere
>boost pad in front of a loop
s t o p
>>
>>387775671
You call Chaos driving Knuckles' species to extinction "lighthearted"?

>>387775621
It wouldn't hurt to give Shun a second chance. He only directed one game. But the writers do need to be replaced.
>>
>>387775680
>wanting to walk 50ft back before the loop to gain enough momentum instead of just going through it
gameplay
>>
File: fuck_that.gif (2MB, 360x203px) Image search: [Google]
fuck_that.gif
2MB, 360x203px
>>387775680
>Sonic 4 physics in 2D segments
Thanks, Sega
>>
>>387769510
>Ironic
You wish.
>>
>>387769510
Well, there certainly won't be any solid gameplay to carry it.
>>
>>387775807
Yes. And Chao genociding the city at the end too. Can we please stop this notion that lighthearted things must not have any drama whatsoever? Lighthearted refers more to presentation than content anyway, and none of them kept going over tragedies except maybe SA2's last story.
>>
>>387775902

if you're bad enough that you lost your momentum before the loop you can just do a spindash of shame in front of it, it'll get you through
>>
>>387775902
Yes, that is gameplay indeed.
>>
>>387775963
The dark story had Shadow constantly flashing back to Mariah's death and the hero's story treated Sonic getting fired out of a cannon dead serious.
>>
>>387774395
>sadly pontac and graff will be writing this yes.
They've been demoted to localization. Faithful localization supervised by Sonic Team and Sega. So it's not gonna be cringy lost world-tier shit.
>>
Please stop making Sonic games, and get him out of smash bros. Just repalce Sonic with a clown, cause buying his games is throwing money down the toilet. I hate how they make new game as if these shit games are justified.

I played a lot of them but now they're just pissing me off.

Fine keep making sonic games, idgas. Not gonna play it unless I know for sure you pooped out a good game, but these last games are just fuck all fuck off! If you're gonna make more Sonic games then at least get him out of smash bros, and play your shitty game.

Who even directs this shit gameplay? When I play these, it feels like whoever directed it has never even touched any control and played a video game, which fucking blows my mind how unbelievable that is.

I can't even believe Sonic is a video game icon. The developers and directors need to reevaluate a new formula of mechanics, cause how the game plays, and the stages with the game play are wtf.

You're better off making a simple chao spin off game with mini games, level up system and customization. And the mini games better be good, actually, everything better be good, feel good, and fun.
>>
>>387776596
You're never getting Adventure 3 shut the fuck up.
>>
>>387776263
>and the hero's story treated Sonic getting fired out of a cannon dead serious.
As serious as you can with Tails' voice actor and dialogue.
>>
>>387776672
YOU JUST TOLD ME FOX BOY
>>
>>387774395
>Iizuka said it would have NO DLC because the game was a traditional throwback to the old days when games were released complete and for a low price.
lmao why did he lie? Sonic3&K was one game split into two sold at full retail price each.
>>
>>387774120
We haven't seen chaos have any importance in plot since SA1. Metal sonic hasn't been important since heroes and this is the first time since SA2 that Shadow is a villain again.
>>
>>387775902
that's what the spindash is for
>>
>>387775902
Arin Hanson pls
>>
>>387769510
>haha it's alright for me to do dumb shit cause I'm meta

I blame the MCU.
>>
I'd rather the writing be done by whoever wrote Sonic Boom.
>>
>>387773610
Normalfags won't get anywhere close to this thing. Only the less sane fans will get Forces.
>>
File: l_dc133941.jpg (22KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
l_dc133941.jpg
22KB, 320x240px
>Yfw "Faster than Sonic,"
>>
File: h-hayai.jpg (63KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
h-hayai.jpg
63KB, 1280x720px
>>387780952
>>
>>387769510
So basically it makes it by being so bad, everyone memes about it into the ground. Everyone's been waiting for "the big one". The moment when Sega finally breaks and puts something that makes Sonic 06 look like the epitome of game design.
>>
>>387782196
I remember when they released the original trailer and people were getting wet over a short CG animation movie.

I don't remember if this happened before or after the Mania reveal.
>>
>>387782406
Same stream. they showed Mania first though.
>>
>>387782526
>Mania shows gameplay
>Forces shows animated intro

The hints were here all along.
>>
>>387776498
We might end up with the worst of both worlds, a retarded 06 tier plot by the Japs with Pontaff trying to fit some of their shitty jokes in the dialogue when they can.
>>
Can 3D Sonic just fucking die already?
>>
>>387785539
3D sonic died 11 years ago. No, these new "3D" games where 90% of it is 2D isn't """"3D"""
>>
File: 1494863628539.png (48KB, 350x339px) Image search: [Google]
1494863628539.png
48KB, 350x339px
>yfw halfway into forces the story goes gainax levels of insane as reality falls apart and begins an extreme and completely unexpected shift into a meta commentary and deconstruction of its reputation and fanbase and takes sonic and your oc through a dramatic, emotional journey of angst, self-discovery and realization that ends with all of sonic's friends and enemies and the rest of the entire franchise universe, maybe even implying all other parallel realities (boom, classic/mania, etc.) as well, erased and recreated by infinite or sonic in some manner, but with the new reality unshown, leaving the future of the franchise completely uncertain.
>>
>>387786861
Wow I'm definitely not buying this shit
>>
>>387786154
What about the games where you're going through a corridor hitting triggers for cinematic platforming, are these 3D for you?
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.