[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Great Games Ruined By Controversy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 190728-manhunt-xbox-front-cover.jpg (130KB, 800x1136px) Image search: [Google]
190728-manhunt-xbox-front-cover.jpg
130KB, 800x1136px
pic related
>>
Manhunt 2 though that game was literally kino goodness
>>
>>387766365
How was it ruined? It's still a 9/10 despite the butthurt.
>>
>>387770606
its just overshadowed by the murders and shit surrounding this games' release
>>
>>387766365
imagine manhunt being released in [current year]
what would happen?
>>
>>387770984
Gangs with people of color in them!!!???

Fucking racists!!!
>>
>>387770984
It would be censored and/or rated AO

Just like what happened with the sequel, and Hatred.
>>
File: 1502073969317[1].jpg (290KB, 708x864px) Image search: [Google]
1502073969317[1].jpg
290KB, 708x864px
>>387771212
>the first boss is a big buff black dude that beats the shit out of you for half the game after each level
>tfw nowadays this would be interpreted by 4chin as being "cuckold propaganda" and "reverse racism" where the white protagonist gets beaten up by a black man over and over again

>tfw I'm glad I played it back when this perspective didn't even exist
>>
Manhunt Redux/Manhunt 2 HD Edition WHEN??
>>
>>387773443

The first runs great on PC still. Can't comment on 2.
>>
>>387766365
>>387768253

tfw both these games are still banned in your country.

(along with, Postal 2 and RESERVOIR DOGS lol)
>>
>>387774060
Manhunt 2 is still banned in my country iirc. I think Rockstar never resubmitted the censored version that got released in UK and US, so it never got classification in my country
>>
>>387770632
>murders surrounding the games release
What?
>>
>>387774734
some fucking moron stabbed his friend in the name of this game
sauce: http://murderpedia.org/male.L/l/leblanc-warren.htm
>>
>>387770984
My faith in vidya would be restored.
>>
>>387766365
BAN THIS SICK FILTH
>>
File: 1503197737768.jpg (407KB, 2400x3300px) Image search: [Google]
1503197737768.jpg
407KB, 2400x3300px
>>387774840
>"The way Warren committed the murder is how the game is set out - killing people using weapons like hammers and knives.

>"There is some connection between the game and what he has done."

Yo , you do the same shit in condemmned and it came out 2 years later, why didn't that game get banned?
>>
The Manhunt games fucking suck. The stories are okay but the gameplay is utterly shit.

t. guy who beat them both about a month ago.
>>
>>387775184
Daily Mail had moved onto scare stories about other things. The lawyers on both sides of that case said manhunt wasn't linked to it but the daily mail pushed the idea and the victims parents said it was.
>>
>>387768253
Dude Manhunt 2 was garbage.
It looked a damn sight worse, probably 'cause they were going for a more cartooney look.
It's less brutal, I even modded out the filter and it just looks over the top as opposed to the grittiness of the original.
The story is a lot more stupid, doing the 'Fight Club' thing and ending it with a silly dream sequence.
The PC version has such aggressive auto aim that it just snaps to people's heads after you get your hands on a weapon (which doesn't take that long) so you're pretty much a god 1/3 in.
Even before that, when it's pure melee, it still sucks ass because of the stupid minigame you have to play every single time someone walks past you when you're in the shadows, taking away the tension as it pulls you right out of the experience.

The only good thing I have to say about it is that it has good level variety, and I sort of liked the 'government experiment' sideplot, an interesting reason for the violence but still not as engaging as the first game where you're just a dude being fucked with, making it out on your own.
>>
>>387776846
>grittiness
Literally stopped reading there. Why do stupid fucks do this? The noun is "grit," you retarded shitstain. When you nominalize an adjective whose base was already a noun, you just use the fucking base noun.
>>
>>387777230
>grittiness
not that guy but
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/grittiness
>>
>>387766365
>horror games are dead
>stealth games are dead

So why don't more games do what Manhunt did and combine both? I mean this was a stealth horror game after all.
>>
I just recently bought Manhunt 1 for the PS4. I don't know what you guys see in this game.
>>
>>387770984
no one would care. It would get bad rating by "reviewers" but there wouldn't be the huge controversy.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.