[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Neverwinter Nights

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 256px-Neverwinter_Nights_cover.jpg (18KB, 256x354px) Image search: [Google]
256px-Neverwinter_Nights_cover.jpg
18KB, 256x354px
Playing this for the first time and it's kinda... disappointing. I mean, I'm having fun, but the story so far is just really dull and I'm surprised how the companions seem so unessential to the plot considering this is a Bioware game.

Also why can't arcane magic users cast healing spells? I know that's just a d&d balance thing but it seems so stupid that no one can invent a spell that heals wounds.
>>
I hope you're not playing the normal campaign. Play shadows of undrentide and then hordes of the underdark.
>>
Best game
>>
>>387761569
drop the original campaign and play the expansions
>>
>>387761569
NWN OC is pretty average. it's competently made but not very interesting.
once you're familiar with the controls and whatever, unless something really grips you about the OC (I doubt it will) I'd recommend what this guy says >>387762394

>Also why can't arcane magic users cast healing spells? I know that's just a d&d balance thing
well that's your answer basically
it's a thematic thing too- divine magic (which is granted to users by gods, unlike arcane magic) is more about helping people or whatever, so that's what healing is attached to

either way, having a healer isn't crucial in NWN, you just have to remember to stock up on healing potions
really, even classes that CAN heal have so many more powerful spells that wasting spell slots on healing is dumb
>>
>>387761569
Original campaign is literally 4 chapters of fetch quests. It's fun enough the first time, but not really worth a second go. Some would say not even a first go.

First expac (Shadows of Undrentide) is pretty good, Second expac is great, and lets you play around with high level shenanigans to boot.

Healing spells aren't needed at all since you can rest to full health/spells after literally every fight. If it makes you feel better, the actual pen and paper game has at least one low level token healing spell for arcane casters, but in nwn they're just not needed.
>>
>>387762394
>>387762940
>>387763365
I figured the expansions were more like continuations of the main story so I should do then after, are they really that much better?

Also how does Baldur's Gate compare to Neverwinter?
>>
>>387764840
The second xpac is a continuation of the first xpac (only barely, it's assumed the player is the same character and one companion carries over). The second xpac mentions some off screen adventures you had in between the two campaigns.

Both are seperate from the original campaign except for some the companions from the original campaign being available in the second xpac
>>
File: 1461519764996.jpg (53KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
1461519764996.jpg
53KB, 500x378px
>>387764840
>Also how does Baldur's Gate compare to Neverwinter?
Holy shit nigga, you played NWN before BG? It's like a gazillion times better, especially the Amn campaign. Go play that shit right now.
>>
>>387764840
>Also how does Baldur's Gate compare to Neverwinter?
Full party-based, summoned monsters/familiars do not fucking eat your experience points (reeeee, playing a summoner of any kind in NWN is terrible), BG2 introduces the Biowarian staple of having a lot of dialogue with the NPCs you join to your party, also one of the most memorable RPG companion rosters. Also BG games are much better story-wise I'd say,.

As for NWN, the best content available for it isn't even the expansion packs, but the modules. A Dance with Rogues, Aielund Saga, etc.
>>
>>387764840
BG is ok, nothing amazing. tons and tons of combat, gets a bit dull
I've heard BG2 is really amazing, but like you I played NWN before BG and got a little bored, ended up quitting after seeing one too many themes/areas I'd already explored a million times in NWN mods/PWs back in the day
>>
>>387765383
>>387765464
Alright wow, I'm glad I got NWN for free, I'll definitely pick up BG then.
>>
>>387766135
Yeah, NWN is generally not the best single player experience on its own. It's really the fact that it had revolutionary user tools that let you make your own adventure. There's tons of really good RPGs made on the NWN chassis, but the OC is really more of a "demo". SoU+HotU are good games, but BG2, in comparison, generally is considered a modern essential among roleplaying video games.

If you bounced off NWN, try it at some point with some buddies. Load up a hack'n'slash mod, it's really fun for that purpose.

Also, generally, NWN's implementation of the 3rd edition rules means that multiclassing is very much encouraged (unless you're a full-blown Wizard) and really fun to do and theorycraft with.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.