[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>unoriginal Tolkeinesque setting >brain-dread and repetitive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: skyrim.png (4MB, 1529x1898px) Image search: [Google]
skyrim.png
4MB, 1529x1898px
>unoriginal Tolkeinesque setting
>brain-dread and repetitive combat
>quests that tell you exactly where to go, what to do, and leave no room for exploration
>choices that ultimately have little permanent impact on the game world
>cliched "chosen-one" plot
>fans often boast about the atmosphere of the open-world instead the gameplay

So what did /v/ think of The Witcher 3?
>>
The witcher 3 is a masterpiece
>>
>>387759112
the witcher 3 is amazing
>>
>judging a bethesda game on the vanilla experience.

Don't buy any bethesda game until it's nexus site has 200+ mods available for it.
>>
>Special Edition
Why did they do this? The changes they made were literally already done by mods that were made like 10 years ago.
>>
>>387759112
Reminder that "Tolkienesque" is always inferior to Tolkien.

Fuck that shit with "Dwemer", "Alfar", and shit. Just call them fucking Dorfs and Elves and move on.
>>
>>387759112
>>387759532
>>387759737
The Witcher 3, combat was repetitive and trash.
>>
>>387759112
Witcher 3 shitty game praised by non-rpg players because of accessibility
>>
Elder scrolls 3 - you arrive on a slave ship, you are the chosen one

Elder scrolls 4 - you are in jail, you are the chosen one

Elder scrolls 5 - you are about to get executed but escape, you are the chosen one

I'm starting to notice a pattern here...
>>
>>387761156
Starts like that give the narrative an excuse to not give your character any established background.
>>
>>387761156
You're not really the chosen one in oblivion: You're more like the chosen one's bodyguard
>>
>>387760353

>No mods for a 64bit executable for epic stability and longevity to the modding community. That alone was worth it.
>>
>>387761827
Dude, you end being a daedra prince in Oblivion...
>>
>>387760550
Dwemer were called Dwarves, but the Dwemer were elves.
>>
>>387762218
Doesn't mean you're the chosen one at all. Anyone can mantle in Elder Scrolls, literally anyone.
>>
>>387759112
Oblivion was pretty good
>>
>he doesn't like a comfy traditional medieval fantasy setting which allows for the best worldbuilding, containing a little of what you do and potentially dozens of what you don't

Get some taste
>>
>>387760550
Dwemer and Alfar are more interesting than tolkien dwarves and elves, fight me.
>>
>>387759112
wasn't expecting that. agreed though.
>>
>>387761156
>Elder scrolls 4 - you are in jail, you are the chosen one

You didn't play Oblivion.

It's also debatable whether you are the chosen one in Morrowind or if you were just bad ass enough to fulfill a prophecy that many other heroes tried to do.
>>
>>387760550
You realize Tolkien elves didn't call themselves "elves" either?
>>
>>387760550
>>387763776
what the fuck is an alfar
>>
>>387763996
The Emperor literally chooses you because you meet one of the criteria for Nerevarine.
>>
>>387760276
for everyone in this thread who is too retarded to understand, this is a bait and switch.

OP is talking about the witcher 3 and not skyrim, but you think it's about skyrim due to the picture. Sad that I had to explain, but here I am.
>>
>>387764478
Yeah, but its implied pretty hard you might not be the nerevarine and instead some random hxc dude
In oblivion you are expressively second fiddle to the real chosen one
>>
File: DETd6OhXcAEXKtj.jpg (136KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DETd6OhXcAEXKtj.jpg
136KB, 1000x1000px
>>387759112
we have this fucking thread everyday
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.