[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went right ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: Nintendo-Switch-0021.jpg (321KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo-Switch-0021.jpg
321KB, 1500x1000px
What went right ?
>>
>>387756185
Not having the "Wii" name anywhere near it.
>>
"console" quality games on a portable
>>
>>387756253
God knows gamers couldn't wait to be rid of the Wii branding for good.
>>
Nothing. Nintendo was forced out of the console industry to make weak tablets.
>>
>>387756185
1.advertising
2.good concept. People like tablets.
3.Stole five Wii u games for the first year
4.released right around income tax time
5.mainly advertising.
>>
No games. Weak. A flop sales wise. Nothing.
>>
>>387756185
it blends, the future is here
>>
At this point, Nintendo is just waiting for Odyssey
>>
>>387756185
honestly, nothing. nintendofags just hype and praise it like no other. i live on the border of LA and orange county and there are always units available in stores. always. well, i guess one thing it did well was lie to nintenfat manchildren about how it will turn them social
>>
>being able to switch between portable and home console modes
>good first party release cycle
>putting all of their games on a single platform
>good pro controller

Although to tell the truth these haven't really paid off yet, should really take off next year, so many Nintendo studios have been silent for a while, there are games in the works, that have been in the works for 3+ years.
>>
>>387756185

Actual marketing.
>>
>>387756185
Fast loading times because disk instead of CD

Exclusive Zelda/Mario/Metroid/KirbyPokemon/Xenoblade/Yoshi/Splatoon games
>>
>>387756185
swallower audience
>>
It's a good look. The Wii u looked like dated tech when it launched. Bulky ugly ads brick. The switch looks good. Advertising and looks go far.
>>
>>387756474
>Stole five Wii u games for the first year

BotW, MK8, FRN, Pokken, and...?
>>
it wasn't the wii u
>>
>>387757503
Rayman legends and splatoon "2"
>>
>>387756724
>i live on the border of LA and orange county
My condolences
>>
>>387757783
Legends was stolen from the Wii U before it even came out, because gamers wouldn't stop bitching. Thank fuck Nintendo never caved with Bayo 2.
>>
They actually attempted to market this one unlike the wii U and had normies hyped about it
>>
The only reason the Wii u failed was because they didnt advertise. They thought all they had to do was slap the word Wii on it and it would sell 100 million
>>
File: 1458311634421.gif (599KB, 290x270px) Image search: [Google]
1458311634421.gif
599KB, 290x270px
>>387756185
not having him in charge of the console team
>>
>>387758427
We get it, Sticker Star happened.
>>
Did they remove woomy from splatoon ? I never hear it anymore
>>
>>387756373
gamers don't matter.
it's the casuals that matter. they're the ones buying the switch. they had no idea the wiiu was wii2

did you ever noticed how /v/ was talking about wiiu so much and yet it failed?
>>
>>387759279
>did you ever noticed how /v/ was talking about wiiu so much and yet it failed?

>thinking /v/ has an impact on anything
>>
>>387759279
I really wish Nintendo would've advertised the Wii U more, and properly. I think casuals would've loved it. Nintendo Land especially.

My parents always got a kick out of mine and they're as casual as they come (and they know it was a different system from the Wii).
>>
everything
switch is the future of gaming
>>
File: Screenshot_20170820-221940.png (223KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170820-221940.png
223KB, 1440x2560px
Switch taught me the power of preordering. My FB is filled with people pissed they missed the chance to get the project edition of the xox. Not gonna miss the same chance to flip the console like I did with the switch
>>
>>387759619
>implying the next generation won't just be a cell phone that hooks to your tv
>>
File: iwata-metroid_zps5d1c0d5e.png (66KB, 513x362px) Image search: [Google]
iwata-metroid_zps5d1c0d5e.png
66KB, 513x362px
- Nintendo reminded people how much they like Nintendo games last year with the one-two combo of Pokemon GO and Mario Run
- The failure of Wii U and underperformance of 3DS meant that lots of gamers had been away from Nintendo for a while so it's an attractive change
- good concept, communicated well
- good technology and design
- perceived added value of console/handheld in one
- it sells itself in public when you hand a controller to someone
- launched with one of their highest-rated games ever
- rest of year's games is pretty solid
>>
>>387759905
Cell phones are going to take over everything. There won't be anything In a home in 10 years except speakers. Everything will just come from the cell phone.
>>
>>387760473

http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-elite-x3-p-2cf75ut-aba--1
>>
>>387756185
You know it's pretty sad that most of the people who bought the Switch are all neckbearded manchildren who probably sit on the computer day in and day out checking the seller's around their areas stocks so that they can get their mom to drive up there and purchase it for them.

Every shop in my area that sells the Switch is cleared out within a day after they get a new shipment in, it actually fucking ridiculous. I honestly feel bad for any parent who wants to give their child this for the birthday or as a present for something because it must seriously be a headache trying to fight this autism.
>>
>>387761482
>so that they can get their mom to drive up there and purchase it for them.
Nice try; my mom drove me but I bought it myself.
>>
>>387761482
I know that feeling.
It took me almost 4 months after the Switch's launch to actually get a hold of one because everytime my store would restock them there would be a horde of fucking whales waiting there.

I was finally able to get one simply because I was able to get off of work earlier than I usually do and I went straight to my local Target to get one. By the time I was there they only had 2 left and they restocked that fucking morning.
>>
>>387756185
Advertised cool, trendy adults playing it rather than kids and families. This made kids want to get it.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.