[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some fun starts in CK2?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 25

What are some fun starts in CK2?
>>
Zunist
>>
i like to just hit the random button
>>
>>387752809
The last Karling count in France in the 1066 start date. Reforge the Carolingian empire.

Alexios of the Byzantine empire during the Alexiad start is pretty fun. Kick ou the sand niggers and make the ERE great again.
>>
>>387752939
This.
Several times if I random some difficult-to-manage county or an european land with too much foreign tensions.
>>
>>387752809
I just tried ck2+ for the first time and picked random, got a Bavarian minor, formed the HRE without meaning to 150 years in and tensions between Byzantium and the HRE are rising, I don't think I'll be able to keep the schism from happening.
So yeah, random really does it, if you don't like what you got go for random again

Also, try starting in 769 as a Jewish.
>>
>>387754273
How do you start as a Jew?
>>
>>387754273
>Charlememe start
Not even once
>>
>>387754810
If I recall correctly there's a o
OPM on the 769 start on east Africa, Semien, perhaps? That was a fun yet challenging run
>>
>>387752809
I had a lot of fun as the Hapsburg's in the 1066 start. Karen was also a bunch of fun.
>>
>>387755010
I think I've always started at the earliest date possible, what's wrong with that?
>>
>>387755116
Game turns into disgusting bordergore
>>
>>387755384
That would be correct, but I do like having many centuries to play around, is it really fun to begin in what would be mid game starts? How so?
>>
>>387755384
Feudalism lends itself to border gore. It's just how the shit is.
>>
>>387752809
uninstall.exe
>>
>>387755116
1066 is extremely stable due to less gavelkind, less tribes, a few fairly stable large realms like France, HRE, and purple blob that won't completely dissolve when the leader dies, and widespread Christianity. Any earlier and you get retarded borders and religion all over the place.
>>
>>387755528
Personally, I never reach the end date. A few extra centuries doesn't mean anything to me when I never go past 1400 anyways.
>>
>>387755568
>haha lmao XD
Just shut the fuck up.
>>
>>387755384
>>387755543
Borders didn't even exist in that period, the only reason CK2 has borders is because it's built on Paradox's engine. It should be like Mount & Blade.
>>
>>387755528
See >>387755695
The 700 odd years from Charlemagne to end is really excessive
Whether you're into blobbing or just want to set your own goals and rp you really don't need that much time
The high medieval dates have enough big countries to at least keep some semblance of balance
>>
>>387755612
>>387756109
Aren't pagans royally fucked in the 1066 start though?

Still, I'll give it a try on my next game, cheers guys.
>>
>>387756109
What start do you recommend?
>>
>>387756646
OP here, I'm looking at a 1066 religion map mode right now. There's still a huge area of Suomenusko and smaller areas of Germanic, Slavic, and Romuva. Try playing a Finnish ruler. One of my favorite games I started as the count of Karelia. I ended up converting to Catholicism but not for a good while. And of course you don't have to do so if you don't want.

I just started as the emir of Granada, btw.
>>
>>387756646
>>387757057
Oh yeah and there's lots of Tengri, too, if you're into that. I forgot the game classifies that as pagan.
>>
>>387756852
Stanford Bridge (or William the Conqueror if you don't want to leave it to ai to see who wins the war for England) and Alexiad are my personal favorites,
plenty of time to just enjoy yourself, the crusades are just around the corner etc

>>387756646
Western pagans are mostly fucked, there's like some norse pagans still in the northern scandinavia, don't remember the situation exactly with slavs but they're mostly christian too, there's still of course a whole bunch of tengriists and shit around
>>
>>387757214
Hmph, I remember having started game as a horde but for some reason the mechanics didn't click with me :/
>>
>>387757361
Do you remember what it was like? I've played tribal (my Finnish game) but never nomadic. I don't know how they do shit.
>>
>>387752939
this. but I reroll if I get anything in byzanblob or in poointhelooistan
>>
>>387757542
Vaguely, I do remember that there was some kind of council where you had to prove your dick is bigger than the other horse lords from time to time, I also remember that settling sucked, since you lose most the land you conquered, I guess it makes sense but it still sucks. Perhaps someone with more knowledge about this topic could help out, and don't forget to check the wiki for information about said mechanics
>>
>>387757767
Install swmh for a better map and disable poo for the optimal experience
>>
>>387757767
Why don't you like the Byzantines? I haven't played them but I imagine it's similar to being in the HRE? India I get, I haven't played them either but the area looks uninteresting.
>>
>>387757912
>disable poo for the optimal experience
What do you mean and why?
>>
>>387758035
I think he means no more brown nations
>>
>>387758035
When you install it it gives you a choice to go for a lite version where you won't have a billion arab tribes in north africa for example and the entire subcontinent of india is greyed out, for one it might help your game run smoother especially late in the game when there's less characters
>>
>>387752809
Nantes. You start with a large pregen army and you can prepare and invasion force. start from nantes and take over whatever place you want and then make that your new home.
>>
>>387758231
Ah, I never noticed that option. What's up with north Africa though? Are those Muslims not there or the tribes are just more consolidated?
>>
>>387758368
The mod (somewhat more historic map) adds or at least used to add a ton of minor tribes and provinces all across Sahara
In the lite version it's more like the vanilla where there's provinces only along the coast
>>
>>387757927
Byzantines start with late feudal administration which means you never get to keep a duchy since they are all fucking viceroyalties. You can suck the emperors nuts and hope he gives you a county but if you ever try to rebel so you can actually expand beyond one little shitty county you're going to get castrated, blinded and all your lands taken. It's pretty much the most boring shit ever since you cannot do fucking anything without getting your ass pushed in by the emperor.
>>
>
>
>
>>
Fucking Sunni shits converted most of the Mongol Empire I just inherited. Tengri or get the fuck out, you sandshits. Last time I played as a Muslim my wives were constantly slaughtering each others kids and I was dealing with decadent retards.
>>
>>387752809
I always liked the 1204 start and trying to get the Byzantines out of some of their darkest times. Plus you also got some other interesting nations in Anatolia like the Latin Empire, Trebizond, etc, which all are relatively equally matched. There is also the 1255 start with a Nestorian leader of the Golden Horde, which makes for an interesting run when you are part of a religion no one else is in ruling a huge empire filed with muslims, pagans, and different christians.
>>
I don't play anything besides the AGOT mod, haven't touched vanilla since Horse Lords
>>
>>387757542
Nomad is all about prestige, horsefuckery, kicking the shit out of your neighbors, and clan politics. I had fun starting as the leader of Bolghar.
>>
>>387752809
Haraldr Fairhair of Ostlandet in the Old Gods start date is my favorite Viking: he was historically the pseudo-legendary first King of Norway. Also in the Old Gods start date, I like Alfred the Great (of Dorset I think? He's a vassal in Wessex.). He starts out with a strong claim on Wessex, and can pretty easily form England. From there, you can go on to fight the Great Heathen Army and unite Britain.
>>
>>387752809
I have the game on Steam, can I just pirate the DLC?
>>
>>387758754
What are the main differences playing a Muslim as opposed to playing Catholic?
>>
I like to start around 1081 or thereabouts if you plan to play in the Middle East. At that point, the Fatimids are way less powerful, the Seljuks are a bit less relevant, and Byzantium isn't a stale big purple blob because they've lost most of Anatolia to Rum.

Otherwise, I like to start as a count over in England or the HRE. France is often too heavily dominated by the struggle between the king and the Duke of Aquitaine, which makes it difficult to get anywhere. Poland can be fun as well.
>>
>>387759412
Don't do it. Managing decadence and all of your 10+ goddamn sons is a nightmare.
>>
>>387759395
Absolutely, you can and you should. Paradox abuses the shit out of the whole DLC business model. I'm not getting milked like that and neither should you.
>>
>>387759412
Decadence fucking you over. Imagine being a pimp and having to manage the four stabbiest bitches on the track, except they don't pay you and kill off your kids you had with the other thots. Fucking silly divorce rules too from what I remember. Bitch it's 1000 AD and I can't just kick a ho out? As a muslim? Decadence will absolutely rape you. Other than that I had fun.
>>
>>387759395
/gsg/ op has the link to the cs.rin.ru thread where you can download all the dlc etc in the hastebin I think
There's no sense in buying the dlc 2bh, just getting the proper expansions will cost you like $100 or some shit
>>
>>387752809
I liked starting as a norse nobody and launching a prepared invasion anywhere, and abandoning the original holdings.
Most parts of the Mediterranean are divided enough to be doable and rich enough to set you up for the rest of your playthrough.
>>
>>387759860
Damn dude, yeah that is weird that you don't have control over your cumdumpsters.
>>
>>387760115
Just play as a pagan and have concubines instead
>>
>>387760226
>Gavelkind
>>
>>387759591
>>387760006
Cool, I don't want all of them since it'll just hog my toaster. What are the must get DLCs? I'll grab the Muslim one and what else?
>>
>>387760226
Yeah already done that. That was low drama. How much decadence is considered high? Like what should I try to stay below? For that matter how does it go up or down?
>>
Anywhere in E_Persia should be pretty fun with the next expansion but FUCK playing there right now knowing full well it's gonna get expanded upon in the near future.

Spain's pretty comfy though just remember Sunset Invasion is a thing and you may desire to disable it if you got it as part of a sales package or something like that.

Tulunid/Fatimid is pretty fun if you just want to fuck around with near-unbeatable cheap-ass bullshit-fuck mercenaries, even if you convert to a different religion you retain them. Same can be said for Seljuks and hell the Abbassids too if you successfully press a claim on K_Egypt as that al'mutazz fucker once you stabalize your realm a bit.

I heavily gravitate towards Khiva, so I'm pretty miserable being basically unable to play the base game atm since I can't stand playing knowing a better playthrough is right around the corner after the expansion content gets patched in February.
>>
>>387760342
Oh geez I don't even know tbqh. I just got them all and turned them on. Since I didn't get them one at a time I don't really know what's in them. I don't think they take much space, though.
>>
>>387760342
The Old Gods and Charlemagne unlock the earlier start dates if you want to play them. The others add stuff depending on what you want to play. Sons of Abraham adds Christian mechanics, Rajas of India for Indian mechanics, Horse Lords for Nomads, Republics for republics, etc, but I always just always had all of them activated.
>>
>>387760907
Sons of Abraham adds tha j00s too I think.

Just get them all dude. I'm sure your rig can handle it.
>>
>>387760502
I'm honestly most looking forward to just triggering some chinese protectorate event to have them on the map and then just change character to play as the chinks
Unless there's some legitimate way to play them
>>
>>387752809
Thinking of starting a game as a dothraki warlord with the GoT mod.
Should be fun.

My most successful game was when I started as Wessex in England.
I maxed out my capital with castles and was earning probably as much as Constantinople.

Tried playing as athens last week as a lusty duchess who wanted to conquer the world by seduction.
Didn't work very well because they kept acknowledging my bastards as their own so when I died my heir wasn't part of my dynasty.
Fugg, I need to practice.
>>
>>387761298
It's a safe guess that Anxi in Charlemagne will have some playable chinese fella in it, last I heard the Khitan guy currently there is just there for the sake of vague emulation.

I'm still playing as Tocharians though since they got a shit ton more provinces to play in, not to mention southern neighbors to conquer; hell depending on how that pagan Tibetan religion is may roll it.
>>
>>387760006
> [[Please login to see this link.]]

Damn.
>>
>>387761441
>Fugg, I need to practice.
I feel ya man. I am competent at this game but I'm playing it for the first time in several months and I feel disoriented. I'm having to remember a lot and it's not all coming to me as readily as I'd like.
>>
>>387761962
There used to be a Mega archive with literally all the paradox games until some fag with a chip on his shoulder from all the autistic /gsg/ drama reported it
>>
>>387762127
I remember that! /gsg/ is a shit general, thus why I chose to see if I could get some discussion here instead, but that was a 10/10 link.
>>
>>387752809
Anything Zoroastrian or potentially Zoroastrian.
>>
File: 1475735013018.png (247KB, 710x667px) Image search: [Google]
1475735013018.png
247KB, 710x667px
>>387758641
>>
>>387762414
Kek are you a wincest man?
>>
No matter how I start every game I play goes the same way, start out being kind and people start plotting against me so I start doing horrific shit to them and enslaving their families. I swear to God I fear for the world if I am ever given unlimited power I think I'm a prideful psychopath
>>
>>387762737
It's fine dude, CK2 isn't called the baby murdering simulator for nothing
>>
>>387762737
Kek you do realize it's USUALLY possible to mend those fences with your unhappy courtiers and relatives right? I mean, nothing wrong with RPing a tyrant, I just wanted you to know all your options.
>>
I don't know why but I love starting as a count in Brittany at the earliest start date. Even though I always get fucked by Muslims somehow.
>>
>>387762737
the thing is, it's easy to feel detached from the faces in CK2

you know they're programs designed to entertain you

you know they are not people

the same can be said in propaganda, really

so, is it immoral to be amoral in relation to pixel people?
>>
File: 1471386301270.jpg (142KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1471386301270.jpg
142KB, 500x375px
What's your irl trais
mine is
>Indulgent Wastrel, dull, greedy, slothful, frail, envious, honest, shy, content, cynical, depressed
>>
>>387762980
For me, I remember that they are just programs, but I always feel bad when I do something like fuck over someone who helped me in many wars, and try to be generous like giving a conquered county to a character who always supported me, even if it is not the optimal choice.
>>
>>387763351
Same. The role-playing is half the fun here. The stories that the game tells if you let your imagination get involved are great.
>>
File: Scandanavian Empire 4.png (2MB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Scandanavian Empire 4.png
2MB, 1440x900px
Would Ragnar approve of my empire, fellow Norsemen?
>>
>>387762737 (YOU)
>>on my pc now

the last game i played game of thrones mod
married a girl from volantis who had 3 sisters
accepted alliance request from her father
kept getting spammed with messages to help him in his wars with pretty much everyone overseas
finally said no
he broke alliance
i pressed wife's claim and declared war
took him and all his daughters prisioner
enslaved them all
took all my wife's sisters as my concubines
every male child they had i married it to one of those sisters so they were all inbreeding each other and i forced their father to marry his granddaughter-daughter

i thought it was funny at the time but later i thought about it like man that was kinda fucked up but the valyrians are into that inbred shit so
they prolly loved it
>>
File: 1484811936145.png (399KB, 532x582px) Image search: [Google]
1484811936145.png
399KB, 532x582px
>>387762936
>Brittany
Good taste.
>>
>>387762936
>playing on raid honeypot archipelago
>>
>>387763134
Scholarly Theologian, drunkard, scarred, quick, lunatic, attractive, scholar, gluttonous, chaste, kind, humble, craven, content, just, paranoid, trusting, stubborn, shy, sympathy for Christendom
I feel like a right wanker writing all that
>>
>>387763505
Very nice. Very groß.
>>
>>387754810

769 Siemen in Ethiopia
867 Khazaria Nomads in modern day Ukraine
>>
>>387763505
Now try to modernise yourself.
Kek, you'd have to fund the construction of hundreds of castles
>>
>>387763775
Pretty sure everyone who plays this game, including myself, is a huge cunt.
>>
>>387763775
>paranoid
>trusting
no thanks
>>
>>387761441
>Thinking of starting a game as a dothraki warlord with the GoT mod.
Meh. It's pretty easy to immediately became the top Khal with your starting character, but chances are your sons are gonna be somewhat disappointing, and because of how the Dothraki culture works your Khalasar is gonna crash into the fucking ground once your first Khal dies leaving your heir to squabble with your more powerful and prestigious lieutenants.

I find it much funner to stay in Westerous during the Bloody Years or whatever the earliest starting date was its called and turning the Starks into fucking lunatics that even the Boltons are afraid of.
>>
Is hunting any good as a focus? Anyone know? I'm thinking of taking it for the health bonus. My nigger is 60 with no living son.
>>
>>387763134
Naive Appeaser, patient, charitable, lustful, deceitful, homosexual
>>
>>387763134
Same as you, except Detached Priest and lustful instead of greedy
>>
>>387765043
It's ok, has a chance to give you bunch of good traits and shit or a witch waifu
>>
>>387763775
>attractive
>quick
>humble
hmmm....
>>
>>387765043
Assuming you want sons the family focus would be better. You could also choose seduction and go out on a grand quest to hump every one of your courtiers before you die. Maybe cuck a king or emperor while your at it. You can even die from getting your brains humped out if your unlucky or your wife is a lusty hoe.

As for hunting, its a great focus with a really great lifestyle trait if you use cavalry. Grand hunts can give you easy prestige and stat bonuses. Watch out for the potion event which can hurt you or help you. Also a chance for an event that can give you a lover with amazing traits/stats.
>>
>>387765043
if your 60 it's pretty much too late for a son of your own. I would suggest marrying a lustful and attractive wife so she sleeps around and it says she's pregnant, believe her and don't investigate if given the option.
>>
File: HerSmileAndOptimism-Returned.gif (1MB, 478x360px) Image search: [Google]
HerSmileAndOptimism-Returned.gif
1MB, 478x360px
>Tfw your quick, wroth, proud, chaste, stubborn, childless, twice widowed, thirty something year old Queen of Poland marries the attractive 18 year old son of a Duke and she immediately falls in love and gets pregnant with a wonder child
>>
>>387766049
I thought men didn't ever go infertile in ck2
>>
File: 1479064608507.jpg (5KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1479064608507.jpg
5KB, 200x200px
How do you expand via marriages? I have a custom dynasty with about 8 children & 6 grandchildren. How do I use these kids to expand?
>>
How the fuck do I get better at this game? I've played for 20 hours and I can't even unite Ireland.
>>
File: 1503212058387.gif (1MB, 205x223px) Image search: [Google]
1503212058387.gif
1MB, 205x223px
>asshole fucks my concubine
>impregnate his wife
>he's raising "his" daughter now
It's good to be the king.
>>
>>387766427

Marry women with claims on land you want, then murder their families until they are the only claimants left.
>>
>>387766427
marry sons to princesses for claims
marry daughter for alliances
can also marry daughter matrilineally to bastards or 4th/5th sons to get claim
then declare war for the claim or strategically assassinate

the long game is also marry your shitty children with trait into some powerful dynasty to spread the inbred
>>
>>387766258
they can gain traits that reduce fertility, but the randomized fertility stat is modified by age. a man could have 60% fertility, and when he is 20 he has 100% modifier so a total of 60% fertility, but when he's 35 it would have like a 70% modifier, reducing his actual fertility. Past like 50 I cant remember what the modifer is but I'm pretty sure it was very low or 0, meaning that even if your dude had a high fertility when he was young and has good fertiltiy traits, it still won't give you a decent chance for a child especially since the wives fertility is also required.
>>
>>387766427
Daughters will be your bread and butter for expanding usually. Invite claimants for real estate you want, then marry them maternally with a daughter of your choice. Land the claimant with a barony or a county close to the land you want for simplicity's sake, then press their claim. If they are landed and you win the war they will automatically swear fealty to you IF they are of a LOWER rank otherwise they will break free and become independent. Oh and they take the land you gave them too ;). Would recommend waiting until they produce an heir too just to be safe.

Otherwise marry daughters or sons for alliances and crush your enemies for your own claims.
>>
Why does India even exist in this game
>>
File: f6a.gif (2MB, 659x609px) Image search: [Google]
f6a.gif
2MB, 659x609px
>>387763134

Tough Soldier, Light Foot Leader, Stressed, Drunkard, Scarred, Brawny, Hunter, Lustful, Patient, Honest, Content, Cynical, Stubborn.
>>
File: 1359731020414.jpg (63KB, 569x472px) Image search: [Google]
1359731020414.jpg
63KB, 569x472px
>Giant muslim blob ruler has jew educate his heir and the kid ends up converting to jew and inheriting the empire and revolts tear the whole thing apart
>>
>>387767041
because Paradox is too lazy to actual expand upon or fix existing mechanics like how crusades and Christianity are still pretty shit, so instead they add epic new regions to generate hype that people play for maybe one or two games before never touching or going near ever again, mostly because giant stable muslim blobs block all interaction with the east due to diplomatic range. I fucking hate that they're actually making a China expansion since it will be half-assed like all their other recent DLC, but I'm glad they're at least not adding in all of china which would kill performance just like India did.
>>
>>387759323
He's legit one of the easiest starts in the game. Makes shit pretty boring beyond the first 100 years
>>
File: 1501524823017.gif (1MB, 260x146px) Image search: [Google]
1501524823017.gif
1MB, 260x146px
>be emperor of scandinavia
>conquer wessex and give it to a relative
>some time later he formed the kingom of england
>tried to form ireland and conquer scotland too
>>
File: 1484669713148.png (277KB, 728x522px) Image search: [Google]
1484669713148.png
277KB, 728x522px
>>387767447
>I fucking hate that they're actually making a China expansion
I hope your mistaken friend
>>
>it's Byzantium's time of the month again.
>>
>>387763134
Dutiful Cleric
Frail
Shrewd
Envious
Chaste
Humble
Craven
Shy
Paranoid
Cruel
Homosexual
Eunuch
>>
File: MLK.jpg (155KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
MLK.jpg
155KB, 1200x1200px
>>387760325
>he can't into gavelkind
>>
>>387767806
Is there any better feeling than inheriting some land far from your territory, giving it to a relative and setting him independent to not deal with it, and then looking back 50 years later to see he conquered 3 kingdoms?
>>
>>387767818
it's a bullshit interface that show china's status and outlook toward the west.
basically it's gonna be another aztec expansion with a fancier interface
>>
>>387767818
2 dev diaries out already, it basically adds China as off screen entity that meddles with the eastern parts of the game and has impact on the silk road and shit
Also, they might do invasions I guess

>>387767447
I feel like crusades would so easy to fix too or at least improve upon too, it's retarded that it's still such a dogshit mechanic
>>
File: notthisshitagain.png (63KB, 120x190px) Image search: [Google]
notthisshitagain.png
63KB, 120x190px
>>387767982

>win a kingdom via holy war
>give your kin a strong duchy with a couple of somewhat strong dukes to keep him in control along with the kingdom
50 years later
>kin is deposed one of your shitty dukes managed to consolidate the entire kingdom under his control
>>
File: ill-go-out-for-a-beer-or-2.png (376KB, 500x491px) Image search: [Google]
ill-go-out-for-a-beer-or-2.png
376KB, 500x491px
>>387767823

Honestly you can't call yourself a real lord if you've never sacked Constantinople.
>>
>>387768023
>>387768148

Oh this sounds fine actually. I would rather it be handled this way if china is actually going to be in the game then them actually placing china in the map.

>invasions

Dumb as shit but at least there is a good chance it will toggable through the rule menu.
>>
>>387768358
I think the invasions are more like if the folks at the border of China act like cunts they'll send in a governor to pacify them or something basically bringing a chinese ruler to the far right of map
>>
Do I need a massive amount of autism to play these games? They're confusing as fuck.
>>
>>387768532
not really, just like a minor amount is enough
>>
File: 1502906307988.jpg (27KB, 450x429px) Image search: [Google]
1502906307988.jpg
27KB, 450x429px
>>387768334
>pillage venice
>go to rome and pillage that too
>get the finger of a saint
>gift it to the byzantine emperor because i'm not christian
>pillage constantinople afterwards
>all that fucking dosh
>>
Idk how to play this game it seems wicked autismo
>>
>>387768532
Once you kinda figure out what's going on in ui etc it's not really hard or complicated at all to just play and learn as you go
I'd recommend watching some kinda tutorial video on youtube for starters where somebody plays the game and explains the basics
The in-game tutorial at least used to be fucking worthless back in the day
>>
File: cmano.jpg (376KB, 1599x863px) Image search: [Google]
cmano.jpg
376KB, 1599x863px
>>387768532
CK2 is probably one of the easier GSG to play, it's more like a Sims for men than anything. Warfare sims are where the real autism is at
>>
>>387768681

I don't think the game even has tutorials anymore, I think it just dumps you into the learning scenario.
>>
>>387768298
>brother inherits minor now-independent duchy through carolingian-era "every succession is a succession crisis" shit
>on good terms with him, leave it alone
>within 5 years he's fucked up both provinces (bandits and lack of funds iirc) and then unironically gets conquered by some danish adventurer
>walk in and take it back
>brother spends the rest of my life unlanded, wanting to be steward, but relegated to realm's "babysit pagan children and secretly turn them catholic" bitch
>>
File: 1501604405222.jpg (255KB, 872x964px) Image search: [Google]
1501604405222.jpg
255KB, 872x964px
>conquer a kingdom
>every year there is an religious uprising
calm the fuck down you autists
>>
>>387768472
If so then you should be able to give them a taste of their own medicine and pacify them. If they do it right it could make mongol playthroughs more interesting than DECLARE WAR PILLAGE SUBJUGATE UPRISINGS.

but this is paradox so I probably should expect nothing but the most laziest over priced bare bones dlc that I will end up pirating anyways.
>>
I formed carapathia on a Croatia play through. I enjoy the south slav games
>>
File: index.php.png (3MB, 1556x875px) Image search: [Google]
index.php.png
3MB, 1556x875px
Wtf Paradox
>>
File: gxAmIU3.jpg (71KB, 703x450px) Image search: [Google]
gxAmIU3.jpg
71KB, 703x450px
>>387752809
why does a historical game have a fictional character on it's cover?
>>
>>387771175
It's not a historical game though
It's chock full of ahistorical shit
>>
I like Ireland. A nice little island to plot my potato nigger takeover of the world.
>>
>>387771239

Nobody likes a pedant, anon.
>>
>>387771175
>Historical
Maybe once upon a time but now we have satan wizards, immortal kings, and aztecs roaming the fields of Europe
>>
>>387768148
>>387767447
I'm too lazy to find the exact quote, but the guy in charge of CK2 is on record stating that he never liked the focus on European feudalism and crusades, and that those things are baggage from when Pdox acquired the IP way back when they did the first game. His preference is for a much shallower game with simpler mechanics and gameplay geared towards multiplayer that encompasses the whole Earth during the medieval period.
>>
>>387752809
immortal trait
or joining satanist cult
>>
File: 1494178710872.gif (1MB, 257x170px) Image search: [Google]
1494178710872.gif
1MB, 257x170px
>>387771520
>gameplay geared towards multiplayer
>>
>>387752809
don't tell me you got yourself jewed with the dlc by paradox?
>>
>>387771949
Fuck no man, we talked about this earlier in the thread. I pirated it just like everyone else.
>>
File: gnESITC.jpg (151KB, 1054x637px) Image search: [Google]
gnESITC.jpg
151KB, 1054x637px
>make myself an immortal character
>become lunatic
>make my horse my chancellor
>turn my horse immortal by giving it my blood
>Everything is fine and dandy
>suddenly get a message about some faggot being upset at me for threatening his way of life with my lunacy
>after a few weeks pic related appear
>fight him in single combat and fuck him up
RIP glitterhoof, you were a fine horse/chancellor
>>
>>387770083
wtf I love paradox now
>>
>>387771520
It's not an excuse for a complete trash mechanic though
>>
>>387772424
Where does this immortal shit come from?
>>
>>387772896
There is one rare event chain that has a very rare chance of giving your character immortality at the end
>>
>>387772896
some dlc added it, dunno which one

just pirate the DLCs and you should get an event chain to acquire it, you have a chance of dying doing the events too but hey man immortal life ain't a bad deal

alternatively get the ruler designer unlocked mod and you should be able to add the trait manually before starting a new game
>>
>>387773086
Is the event chain meant to be rare? Because I got it with almost every single character I played. Although it usually fails.
>>
>>387773207
The event will happen only once per game and it's guaranteed to happen at some point. It's insanely unlikely for it to work even if you choose the correct path.
>>
File: crusader kings.png (1B, 486x500px)
crusader kings.png
1B, 486x500px
Can anyone recommend a good co-op start? Being vassals of each other is fine by us

We played as 2 Irish counts, the 2 leftmost rajas, 2 mongols, the 2 Iceland provinces, 2 Welsh counts

Tried playing AGOT co-op but it has a ton of sync issues, would give a shot to other mods if they are stable.
>>
>>387775749
Start as 2 kings and just keep marrying all your kids to each other back and forth and create the most incestuous, inbred line in history
>>
>>387776068
This is what we end up with every time
>>
>>387752809
Starting the task manager and closing the process
>>
>>387771490
>buying dlc
>>
>>387777431
>telling others how to waste their money
>>
File: ip3f4y3scizy.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
ip3f4y3scizy.png
2MB, 1366x768px
Viking mega-pope cannot be stopped.
Thread posts: 160
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.