[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Video Games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

File: 6b010c1dd30f8d11a714f8e6ef5a11e2.jpg (111KB, 1481x820px) Image search: [Google]
6b010c1dd30f8d11a714f8e6ef5a11e2.jpg
111KB, 1481x820px
Hey guys remember when we all thought the Nintendo Switch was going to be like this?
>>
We? I, along with everyone else who has a brain, knew it was bullshit the second they looked at it.
>>
>>387751554
Hey guys, remember when we all thought the Switch was gonna be a REAL console for once, and not another gimmick fuckfest limited by trash hardware?
>>
>>387751658
i mean, you dont need to go from "0" to "cunt" right away
>>
>>387751681
...said no one ever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5ON29GzkZg
>>
>>387751554
Literally nobody thought this was real for half a second. This is almost as dumb as that fake Nintendo Revolution leak.

>>387751681
Go home, SuperMetalDave
>>
>>387751809
There were tons of people claiming it would be close to an xbone in power and trying to justify how it would be.

People were still doing that for months after the reveal.
>>
>>387751915
>these are regular people not people working for Nintendo
ok and what makes you think that what they're saying is true
>>
>>387752049
>Post talks about regular people
>Respond with reggie
>Post talks about regular people again
>BUT THEY DON'T WORK FOR NINTENDO!

I don't think you know what you are actually responding to.
>>
I mean, the handheld part was right I guess.
What's stupid though is the patent clearly had handles yet this design ignored that.
>>
>>387752435
The final design threw most the ergonomics out in favor of the stupid split controller thing.
>>
File: IMG_0154.jpg (30KB, 442x333px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0154.jpg
30KB, 442x333px
>>387751554
>we all
>>
>>387752193
>reggie said himself "it's not about the specs"
>people were actually thinking it was going to be another wii u
>you think people said that NINTENDO were going to make a powerful, no-gimmick console
>N I N T E N D O
jesus christ I've been a nintendo fan for a long time and even I know that's not gonna fly
>>
>>387751554
>we all
Speak for yourself. This looks like a worse vita.
>>
>>387752618
The joycons are ergonomic as hell, you shouldn't shit talk things you have never actually tried.
>>
>>387752817
I have, and they aren't as comfortable as regular handled devices and there is NOTHING ergonomic about the over under stick and button placement.
>>
>>387751681
Best games so far in 2017:

>BotW, on Switch and Wii U
>Splatoon 2, Simple art style, runs sub 1080p quite frequently
>PubG - an Unreal 4 game that looks pretty janky
>Friday the 13th, same as PubG
>Persona 5, literally a PS3 game
>Sonic Mania, beefed up Genesis graphics

What about last year?

>Overwatch, simple art style, scales down to low end PCs
>Superhot, simple art style, basically just textureless chunky polygons
>Stardew Valley, SNES graphics

Starting to think that this whole graphics thing isn't as important as you make it seem.
>>
>>387751681
Switch is the first nintendo console I've bought since gamecube and I think it's pretty neat to be honest. Why are you so upset about a consumer electronics device made by a japanese electronics company (originally a japanese card game company)?
>>
>>387751762
Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>387751817
>I didn't believe it so no one else did!
Oh fuck off everyone was flipping out over the oval touchscreen design concept.
>>
>>387755071
>Skipped the worst period for nintendo hardware, gimmicks, and massive loss of third party support, and the console that the switch is just a redo of cause it sucked
>Doesn't get why people aren't hot on the shit they've done with their systems.
>>
I have never once given a fuck about the switch. I don't like the people I know who bought one either
>>
The sad thing about that
Is that it looks more interesting than the Nintendo Switch
>>
File: 20160717095609_1.jpg (119KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160717095609_1.jpg
119KB, 1920x1080px
>>387754929
people are realizing stylistic visuals age so much better than pseudo realistic bs. games like the witness and inside were gorgeous, and breath of the wild looks stupid good sometimes.
>>
>>387755482
Totally agree. Don't get me wrong, if I can get more pixels and more frames, and more draw distance, I'll take it. Visual fidelity is awesome. But art direction will make a game timeless.

Also, I'll play a game like Battlegrounds, which I think looks objectively ugly, for hours on end. The visuals don't matter because the game is so fun.
>>
>>387751554
Didn't that end up being some modded rear-view mirror?
>>
File: switch etika.jpg (4MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
switch etika.jpg
4MB, 3024x4032px
>>
>>387757329
>set up funding after this
i mean listen man, that was fucked up but he played some people (retards) well.

whatever happened to that funding page anyway
>>
>>387751681
No, I wasn't retarded.
>>
>>387757329
That home button isn't even the right color and the button texts are xbox hueg
>>
>>387757289
No, it was 3D printed.
>>
No, but I remember when you did.
>>
Before the switch was revealed Nintendo was dropping hints about a unified OS across multiple devices like iOS. The reveal happened and there has been nothing about since.
>>
>>387758842
I guess they weren't what you thought they were.
>>
>>387751658
>everyone else who has a brain

Apparently at least 75% of us who posted here doesn't have a brain. There were so many Nintendoomed threads and images, 4chan's server actually coughed up briefly.
>>
>>387754929
What an umbelievsbly autistic taste, the fact you put Splatoon and PubG there tells me all I need to know about your tism.
>>
>>387751554
That's the NX
>>
>>387751554
I think everyone knew that was fake as fuck, but it basically has the same design as what we got.
>>
>>387751658

FPBP. How could people fall for that?
>>
>>387759127
I want to say there's no way any console developer could be stupid enough to think this was acceptable but I've been proven wrong before.
>>
>>387751554
man, imagine how great the switch could have been.
>>
>>387759362
Just wait until Sony reveals the PS "Change" or whatever they'll call their PS Move-like copycat
>>
>>387760815
I was going to bring that up but I didn't want to risk upsetting the sonyvictims.
>>
File: nintendo revolution.jpg (333KB, 736x1010px) Image search: [Google]
nintendo revolution.jpg
333KB, 736x1010px
I still remember when everyone thought this was gonna be the wii.

And that the console was going to be shaped like a pyramid.

Amusingly though, they did predict the Wii-U
>>
>>387758842
SwitchOS is going to be the unified OS. Just wait, few years down the line there will a home-only and handheld-focused version of the Switch.
>>
>>387761983
I remember the autism about what the revolution would have.

>the vr helmet
>rampant speculation about what hologram technology the front flap contained (ended up being sd card slot)
>hot/cold controllers for le immersive haptics
>heartrate sensors to measure your stress on-the-fly
some of you retards were convinced
>
>>
>>387759127
>transparent buttons

The lack of critical thinking is unreal. 5 seconds of thought and the person would realize that making a button transparent would just show a hole in the screen where the button goes.
>>
>>387751554
CONFIRMED
>>
>>387754929
>forgetting Doom 4
>>
>>387762606
>Doom 4
>2017
>>
>>387762164
I've been saying this for a while now. They will drop the 3DS line in 3 years and make the Switch the dedicated handheld. At that time, a new Switch will come out and the dock is going to be reimagined as a full uncompromised console but still retaining the dock feature. Meaning you can use it like the regular Switch or two independent consoles if you want. Hopefully both on the same architecture taking the same game cards and everything.
>>
>>387763580
What would be the point of docking if the dock already acted as an independent console? If it's just a separate home console and handheld, it's not really any different from what Nintendo was already doing, is it?
>>
>>387764206
No I imagine it sharing the same game cards... titles that would have been 3DS would go to Switch, which can be played on either Switch system. Meaning you can buy the Switch handheld or home console on its own or both if you really want to, they can share the same big library - just owning one would grant you access to both handheld and home libraries, or it can also do what the Vita did with the PS4.

But Ninendo is too jewy for this, they will continue to force users to pay for two different and incompatible consoles to play all their games.
>>
>>387764206
There wouldn't really be much of a point in docking it anymore then unless you just go with the OG dock.
>>
>>387764981
>they will continue to force users to pay for two different and incompatible consoles to play all their games.
seems more like they're pushing just switch.

fyi the dock doesn't do anything except provide an hdmi out and power. there are no performance internals on the dock. games actually run better in handheld mode because they render at 720p instead of 1080p.
>>
>>387764981
Nintendo's already done things like that with the Super Game Boy and the Game Boy Player. Right now, Nintendo's transitioning into a new generation of hardware while the 3DS is still active in the market. Just cutting off the 3DS at this point wouldn't be reasonable.
>>
>>387765161
>games actually run better in handheld mode because they render at 720p instead of 1080p.
Unoptimized games, sure. Most games you wont notice a difference either way.

Than there's Disgaea 5, which runs better docked during Item World farming because so much is getting rendered at once.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.