[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does almost every Rockstar game have the same storyline?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Grand_Theft_Auto_V.png (187KB, 300x369px) Image search: [Google]
Grand_Theft_Auto_V.png
187KB, 300x369px
>main theme of the game is "you can't escape the past" or "the past will come back to haunt you"
>protagonist(s) is forced to work for government agents
>character is trying to put their life behind them but the past keeps getting them back in the game

I really hope RDR 2 doesn't have a lot of this bullshit. It's gotten so overdone. If I have to see another "you can't escape the past" storyline I will scream
>>
SA
IV
RDR
V

>almost every R* game
>>
>>387747579
You confirmed it. Also, Max Payne 3.
>>
>>387747579

Okay so 5 games is almost every Rockstar game.

Good one retard.
>>
>>387748296

meant for >>387747745
>>
>>387746904

I remember how Jimmy Hopkins has the past come back to bite him. Also, I love the mission where you infiltrate a CIA building to recover documents in Bully.

GTA: I
GTA: II
GTA: III
Bully
Vice City
Chinatown Wars
GBA GTA
Max Payne 1 and 2
Vice City Stories
Liberty City Stories

WOW, LOOK AT ALL OF THOSE GAMES THAT DON'T FOLLOW THAT FORMULA.
>>
>>387748592
>Max Payne 1 and 2
>Rockstar games
holy shit just neck yourself
>>
>>387748592
And LA Noire
>>
>>387748770

That was published by Rockstar, not made.
>>
The main theme of the game is not escaping the past, LMAO! That is, at best, a plot device.

Though I won't excuse the shifty writing and characters that this game has, thank God we don't have to deal with them in Online.
>>
>>387747579

But thats every RECENT game they've made...So its a pattern of receny
>>
>>387748620
>reddit spacing

This is only a term reddit or use though.
>>
>>387748875

No.
>>
>>387747579
Vice City, too. And LA Noire. Even Bully.
>>
>CIA forces you to play secret deniable table tennis
>>
>>387748996

Are you being serious or ironic? I dont remember that in vice city
>>
>>387748949
backpedaling.
protip: 4chan has no account names. saving face is not even a litttle bit important.
inb4 you think im the same person you were replying to
>>
>>387748996

Vice City's not about escaping your past or your past affecting the game, and nor is Bully.

VC is just mc dealing with a deal gone wrong, then taking advantage of his surroundings.

Bully is MC just taking over a school.
>>
>>387746904
>you can't escape the past

I don't understand why Rockstar thinks this is an interesting revelation. And it's not even true all of the time, anyway
>>
>>387749223
You just had no argument so you went with the new non-argument defence reddit bogeyman.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.