[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Medieval / Game of Thrones

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: rlj.jpg (30KB, 340x270px) Image search: [Google]
rlj.jpg
30KB, 340x270px
What games can I play to scratch my Medieval / Game of Thrones itch? I'm already burnt out on Mount & Blade and Chivalry. I was thinking about buying Total War: Medieval 2 when it goes on sale.
>>
File: 202155_front.jpg (166KB, 640x739px) Image search: [Google]
202155_front.jpg
166KB, 640x739px
>>387746298
>>
File: what.jpg (321KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
321KB, 1920x1200px
>>387746529
Speaking of which, is it any good? I checked out the reviews for both the rpg and the rts game (genesis), but I'm hearing a lot of mixed/bad things. I'm very skeptical.
>>
>>387746298
Crusader Kings 2: Game of Thrones mod
>>
File: it's all ogre.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
it's all ogre.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Exanima
>>
Dwarf Fortress adventure mode. Make a human or elf swordsman, train yourself up from wrestling with goblins until you're lopping heads off dragons with a single swing. You don't need any experience with DF whatsoever to jump into adventure mode and have fun.

Eventually you'll learn enough from adventure mode to feel confident trying fortress mode too, which is a whole different game.
>>
Well, aside from the ones you mentioned... very, VERY arguably The Witcher series, especially TW2. They are widely anachronistic, but they put a lot of care in making their historical inspirations count - and actually go out of their way to establish landscapes and architecture that is well researched and feels "authentic". The second game also has a very character-driven and political plot which generally avoids high-fantasy clichés of magical mcguffins and fate-of-the-world scenarios. Can't say the same about the third game though. And they are still high fantasy.

Other than that, there is a slim picking. Medieval, Attila (especially Age of Charlemagne) are good choices.
Or you can wait for a few months and see how Kingdom Come: Deliverance pans out. Though as much as I wish it is good, I won't hold my expectations very high.
You could also give the good old Age of Empires or Stronghold a try.

There is also this very obsure Czech RPG called Inquisition, which creates a releatively effective medieval not-so-high-fantasy feeling, but damn it's more wordy than Planescape, and the combat is just fucking GARBAGE.
>>
>>387746645
no its trash
>>
the witcher series
>>
ICE DRAGON
C
E

D
R
A
G
O
N
>>
Skyrim with an ass load of mods and a nice ENB
>>
>>387746298
I feel you, we gotta wait for Bannerlord. Have you played other total war games? If medieval 2 is your first you'll enjoy it, I'm pretty sure theres even a got mod for it.
>>
File: unnamed (1).jpg (25KB, 210x259px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (1).jpg
25KB, 210x259px
>>387746781
>Doesn't have a bookmark at the start of this guy reign

Wasted opportunity.
>>
>>387747405
Yaaaaaaas Queen!
>>
mordhau comes out next march, but the closed alpha is at the end of this month

it's basically chivalry, but with improved mechanics, added content, and no reverse overhead ballerina shit
>>
>>387746298
Dragon's Dogma
>>
>>387746645
If you're going in for the story the RPG is actually really decent, and it's confirmed canon. Meaningful dialogue choices, twists and turns etc.

The combat on the other hand is pretty anal. Almost identical to Of Orcs and Men if you've played that.

100% the RPG about a month ago, was very surprised with how good the actual storyline is.
>>
>>387747571
who?
>>
File: ree.jpg (126KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ree.jpg
126KB, 1920x1080px
>>387747286
I'm glad you mentioned Kingdom Come: Deliverance, because I'm actually pretty excited for it. I am skeptical as well, but I really like the way their combat system looks, which is what I'll be spending my time on, most likely. And speaking of combat, Mordhau comes to mind as well, hopefully it's as fun as Chivalry was before all the cheats and exploits became so widespread.
>>387747369
I played W2, and now I'm going through the first one. I also really like Dark Souls's gothic medieval feel.
>>387747469
Fuck no.
>>387747509
I'm definitely excited for Bannerlord, hopefully we'll be seeing some sweet as mods for it.
>>387747718
Really excited for this as well.
>>387747738
Ehhh. I'm not so sure
>>387747747
Anything of the RTS?
>>
>>387746943
when did they add more shit? never saw that monster
>>
Expedition vikings
Tyranny
>>
>>387746645
Story was great
>>
>>387748372
Basil the second, also known as the bulgar-slayer, he was a byzantine emperor.
>>
Oblivion
>>
Battle Brothers
>>
Skyrim
>ib4 todd
>>
>>387749520
Fucking candy crush has a better combat system than Skyrim
>>
>>387749972
Take Deadly Combat, ASIS, Mortal Enemies, TK Dodge, Combat Evolved, Lock On. I'm actually having fun now.
>>
File: Dragon-Age-Origins.jpg (144KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon-Age-Origins.jpg
144KB, 1280x720px
Try Dragon Age Origins its basically GOT repackaged as a BW game.
>>
>>387750773
I also noticed that the plots are very similar. Grey Warden's are the night's watch, darkspawn are white walkers, the dude in your party at the beginning is a bastard, you have to unite the houses but some of them are treacherous and fuck you over. Makes me think it was originally going to be a licensed GoT game.
>>
I watched recent the Kingdom Come Deliverance trailer. My god those animations were kinda bad. And the lip sync was awful. I REALLY hope the combat lives up to its promise.
>>
>>387746298
well medieval 2 has a got mod on tw center so you should stick with that.

crusader kings 2 also has a very good got mod if you are into grand strategy games.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.