[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finally got around to play the demo of pic related. What the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 11

File: Prey_cover_art.jpg (47KB, 280x357px) Image search: [Google]
Prey_cover_art.jpg
47KB, 280x357px
Finally got around to play the demo of pic related.

What the fuck is wrong with you autist. It plays like a system shock reboot. Actually pretty good.

Does it get bad later on? I don't understand why people dislike Prey.
>>
>People whose first immersive sim was BioShock
>The incredibly small minority of people who actually thought Prey (2006) was anything higher than a 6/10
>Nu-/v/
Those are the only groups of people who dislike Prey (2017) and some of them will overlap, it's GOTY as far as I'm concerned.
>>
It doesn't get bad later on. You should simply never listen to /v/.
>>
>>387737045
>Does it get bad later on?
I dislike some enemies being bullet sponges with no weaknesses, like the gloo gun and the shotgun hits like a wet noodle, despite that, really like it.
Especially the helmet feature, its the right mix between helping you spot shit and "oh god I hate having that thing on"

>>387737209
>bashing Prey 2006
Whats wrong with you?
>>
>>387737269
Seriously, I put off playing it until today. The demo actually had me engrossed and reading shit. Considering we won't get SS3 or the original System Shock rework for a while, I think I might actually buy prey.
>>
>>387737045
what are you, an jounarlist forming your opinion based on a fraction of the game? buy it and play it
>>
>>387737045
But think of prey 2 anon. Don't you care about that?
>>
/v/ doesn't like anything anymore. You basically can't talk about video games positivly here, since at least a year or two ago.
>>
File: 1438460512276.jpg (119KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1438460512276.jpg
119KB, 1280x720px
It got boring fast, I couldn't finish the demo and I couldn't finish the game when I rented it.
Nothing compelled me to move further, the enemy designs were shit, their existence was boring, the story moving me further was just band.

Bioshock 1 had an amazing villain, had a unique setting, had disturbing enemies like the big daddy and little sisters you were actually engrossed in this destroyed utopia.

prey is just boring, it plays boring and everything is bland
>>
>>387737436

upgrade the shotgun, it doesn't hit like a wet noodle. It's prolly the strongest weapon.
>>
>>387738191
I have, because the game literally shits on you with materials, the pistol is way better because the shots dont magically dissappear when you try to kill something from far away.
>>
Ive been playing it too, since I upgraded pc and can run it at smooth 60fps locked, in 1440p on ultra. Really good, but I feel like neuromods are way too fucking sparse
>>
Lack of enemy/threat variety was my only issue with it, it did make it feel a little samey in places. Otherwise one of my top games of the year.
>>
>>387738306
You'll be surprised at how hidden many of them can be.

Later on in the game, you can craft Neuromods once you find the schematic which leads to you owning a shit-ton of them.
>>
only gen z millennial pieces of shits who wanted prey 2 open world MUH CYBERPUNK trash hates this one
>>
>>387738561
Hope. I wouldnt mind if 1 neuromod = 1 skill, but 3-4= 1skill is a bit rough in beginning at least. Guess Ill have to look harder.
>>
>>387738058
You didn't want to explore a fuck huge space station filled with psychic aliens? You're just a sad boring person.
>>
File: 1480615919706.jpg (75KB, 475x720px) Image search: [Google]
1480615919706.jpg
75KB, 475x720px
>>387738743
Abandoned alien infested space stations a dime a dozen.
I mean jesus fucking christ, alien isolation literally came out not too long ago, its the most cliche thing out there.

I'd rather just replay dead space at this point.
>>
>>387738741
You will drown in them, especially if you take a moment to think what you really need.
lifting isnt that great
recycling is
hacking is
>>
>>387738903
prey plays much differently than those
>>
>>387739002
Yeah, it plays like garbage.
You spent 5 minutes cumming at the enemy and when he's hot and sticky you whack at it with your cock until it just starts questioning its existence and disappears.
>>
>>387737209
First Prey is the best thing that happened on idtech4 and I'm one of the people who actually enjoyed Doom 3 and RoE for the fun shooters they were.
>>
>>387738058
>namefag
>shit tastes
checks out.
>>
>>387741763
You forgot anime poster too.
>>
Still waiting on Arkane to drop a patch with a survival mode that reimplements all of the hardcore features they cut during development

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hk7ks5YoWI#t=5m0s

Would have been a legitimate System Shock 2.5 with weapon degradation, a trauma system, limited oxygen in space, and limited-use fabrication plans. But people couldn't handle it, so they stripped it all out, along with much of the tension and depth. Sigh.
>>
>>387737045
>It plays like a system shock reboot
It doesn't
Replay first System Shock and fuck off with your "literal system shock reboot" for skyrim generation
>>
Biggest flaw of the game is that the ayylmaos are boring design-wise and when fighting them. The mimic was a great idea, but why are all the other also walking goos? And don't let me start on Nightmare. Make it unkillable or let me kill it and be done with it, after 5 kills they should start to evade me for fuck's sake, it's such a chore and it doesn't help that "evading it" takes 10 longer than walzing around it with a shotgun.
>>
GOTY. Only other contender is Pyre, which also shares all the same letters. Kek.
>>
>>387737045
There are some issues with the ending, but the ride is a wild one. It seems it was a commercial failure, though.
>>
>>387742227
Weapon degradation and limited-use fabrication plans sounds like a fucking stupid idea to me.

First one isn't even realistic, and just adds additional chore of having to go to a recycling bench and crafting a new one. You loose nothing but your time.

Limited use plans would be cool for like a unique grenade or somethings, neuromods could use a culling too, but not for shit like ammo or healthkits or recycler 'nades. That's essential.

Together combined it sounds like "make stealth games great again", if the stealth wasn't so terrible in the game.
>>
>>387737269
Remember, never trust /v/'s recommendations but always trust /v/'s recommendations.
>>
File: H2x1_WiiUDS_HollowKnight.jpg (557KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
H2x1_WiiUDS_HollowKnight.jpg
557KB, 2000x1000px
>>387743182
>Only other contender is Pyre
Hehe
>>
File: 1438442827443.jpg (34KB, 429x381px) Image search: [Google]
1438442827443.jpg
34KB, 429x381px
>>387739196
>Yeah, it plays like garbage.
Not really.
>>
>>387743635
Not really, I found it pretty average.
>>
>>387742227
http://www.nexusmods.com/prey2017/mods/1/

This exists, it does pretty much everything you want and more except weapon durability and limited O2, but I don't think those would be very interesting or fun mechanics anyway
>>
>>387743551
Weapon degradation and limited fabrication make the resource economy more meaningful. Right now it's just fill up your inventory with junk and produce a million hypos.

>>387743842
I'm well aware of this effort, yes. Too bad it's not complete.
>>
>>387737045
I liked it though I felt the psionic powers were op as fuck and made the game a cakewalk.
>>
>>387738058
You should be the OP, because you sure suck a lot of cocks. Bioshock was a wannabe SS, was already aging horribly as you (yes, you, you faggot) were playing it, and had even less enemy variety and they were more bullet spongy.

>>387743551
Health kits are essential? Really? If I have a stack less than 50 when I hit the arboretum it is because I have been ignoring picking them up, even on nightmare. How much trouble are you having with the encounters?

>>387742227
I'd prefer the fabricators just be removed from the game. Not too interested in weapon degradation; it's almost always either way too strict, or so lenient it becomes a non-factor. Far Cry 2 was the only game to get it right, and that's only if you pick up new guns at the armories.
>>
>>387744059
Right now it's dump everything into speed and guns and play it like Doom, and I'm fine with that, that's a playstyle that wouldn't work with that. You have to play scavenger hunt either way anyway.
>>
>>387745197
>"Far Cry 2 was the only game to get it right"
>shoot a few mags and your guns are now scrap metal

what
>>
File: Prey2017-2.jpg (415KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Prey2017-2.jpg
415KB, 1920x1080px
>>387737468
I've been waiting for a decent sale, and I just bought it a few days back. 40 canadabux is a great price for it, the game is really packed and has only improved in atmosphere and mechanics as I've progressed. just got to the arboretum and it went from 8/10 to 9/10. Really digging it so far.
>>
>>387745197
I've never crafted the health kits myself, often recycled in fact, also played on nightmare, but think of people who are shitters and run out of shit to craft halfway through the game. Sounds like an easy way to get bad reviews from Polygon. I would quickly run out of ammo and guns though.
>>
File: 480490_20170509000304_1.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
480490_20170509000304_1.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>387737045
its a 7/10 pleb filter
>>
>>387737045
What retard told you the game was bad?
>>
>>387745883
>"But... I swear - there was a moment... I saw her again."
Feels bad man.
>>
>>387745197
System Shock 2 did it just right, and they were cribbing everything else from its design.
>>
>>387737209
Anybody who uses immersive sim is worse than Kojima fanboys.
>>
I just started this a couple hours ago.
I'm afraid of spending neuromods. What do I level up?
>>
I know you're talking shit from the moment you claim it's a SS reboot. Half the reason people probably think it's shit is from making that bollocks comparison between a really good game and this above average game.
>>
My only complaim is the lame ass enemy designs and the endless back and forth to get ammo. Other that those two, i really enjoyed it.
>>
>>387747308
But you're wrong
>>
The loading times are ass and the combat never becomes good, just trivial enough to not be a nuisance.
>>
>>387747165
Hacking, recycling, and whatever else you want.
Avoid leverage, there are many other ways of getting heavy things out of your way.
>>
>>387737045
>I don't understand why people dislike Prey.

Early on the exploration and atmosphere is top notch. But by the end the game turns into a slog. The enemy designs are just bad (vaguely humanoid shapes and amorphous blobs). The shooting is very lackluster - unloading a shotgun into somethings face doesn't feel any more impactful than hitting it with a wrench. In turn, this means getting into fights aren't particularly exciting. Maybe using Typhon powers is supposed to alleviate this, I dunno. I did a no powers run.

Not a bad game, but its flaws are glaring enough to land it firmly in 'mediocre' territory.
>>
>>387748525
>I did a no powers run
Then why bother commenting on the game at all?
Some of these posts sound like you people watched a youtube video instead of playing the damn thing.
>>
>>387749064

>I played the game in a way that I enjoyed, and which is actually recognized by the developers
>"Hurr then why even comment?"

You're a special kind of stupid.
>>
>>387737209
it's not my GOTY but I was pleasantly surprised by it, the hate is unjustified.

That said, DO NOT play this shit on a console. PS4 and Xbox One run it at 30fps with awful input lag and a terrible FOV. On PC it's pretty easy to max if you've got a 970 or better.
>>
>>387738058
Bioshock's gameplay was consolized trash, and it also looked ugly as sin because UE3 is incapable of displaying an underwater art deco city without turning it into a vaseline-smeared bloom-flooded mess.
>>
>>387743627
I mean he kinda has a point. I used to come here for good games but after years and years of letting newfag cancer take over /v/ is unreliable as fuck for game recommendations.
>>
>>387737045
its good but they just ruined the ending. Like they hype it up but it literally goes nowhere and its turns into a giant JK LOL. It could have been better and harder. It wasn't bad tho.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (48KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
48KB, 1280x720px
Yfw
>>
The game is shit and I'm glad I pirated it.
>>
Great game.
Could use more enemy variety. I personally didn't use any typhoon powers, and would've liked more weapon variety.
>>
>>387737045
>Does it get bad later on?
It does get a bit worse. The main problem of Prey is that it's too easy to make it too easy. Unless you make a counter-intuitive character build choices, you can easily find yourself being overpowered in the late game even on nightmare difficulty, stuck in a loop of simple exploitative strategies that declaw most threads and remove the need to be clever or inventive.

That said, vast majority of people shitting on the game JUST DON'T LIKE SYSTEM SHOCK and similar game.
It's that simple. Most people don't, actually. Not nowdays. They might claim that they do, because that makes them sound cool and old-school. But they most likely never played it, and they would not fucking like it if they did. SS is just a token, a buzzword they use to support their "I hate X and that makes me cool" act.

Prey does have it's issues, there is no doubt about it. The top-notch atmosphere early game does not hold up for the entirety. The story is meh and the ending is downright annoying. It lacks variety in enemy times (though don't believe people that complain about bad enemy design - they are just children who have no idea what they are talking about). The whole thing is a bit front-loaded, with the last new mechanics, enemies, weapons and tools introduced about half-way through.

But it's a damn good game at heart and it's being shat on mostly for unrelated reasons: either people having just bad taste, or doing it because that is the cool thing to do these days.
>>
>>387750246
I'm convinced if you didn't destroy that glass by mistake there was some kind of secret like the one with the old guy and his thermo
>>
>>387737045
It's western without waifus so it goes against my agenda.
I didn't even try the game I just make sure everyone hates it and ask them to play Nier or Persona instead
>>
>>387749952
The shitty ending didn't bother me that much, I kinda didn't want it to end. The lack of new game+ was a disappointment, though.
>>
>>387750307
You are shit and I'm sorry we didn't abort you.
>>
>>387751176
>I'm sorry we didn't abort you.
Why'd you think of saying something like that? No parental love?
>>
>>387750925
>that guy and his thermo
Holy fuck I did a mess of the room and couldn't for love of god find it. I actually thought from the mails that you had to find the plans and manufacture it. I gave up after half an hour of running between the various wings I noticed it was rolled under the stairs. 9/11 puzzle, I would rather play pixelhunting in old adventure games.
>>
first hours 9/10
guts and outside trips 3/10
last half of the game 7/10
>>
>>387751515
I bet you're the mailman's anyway.
>>
>>387751719
I think you should stop projecting. It's all quite sad.
>>
>>387737045

i enjoyed it and posted that i enjoyed it. you should've listened to me, and not those other fags,
>>
>>387751838
Son, that's not what projecting means. Let's not do this in front of people.
>>
>>387748525
>The enemy designs are just bad (vaguely humanoid shapes and amorphous blobs)

yeah if i made a list of flaws in the game, the enemy design would absolutely top the list.

also, way too many fucking mimics. they desperately needed another low-threat enemy to mix in.
>>
>I don't get why people dislike this game I like
Wow... insightful and amazing thread...
>>
>>387750246

it was very cheap, but i can forgive it once in a game.
>>
>>387744147

psychoshock certainly was, anyway. any enemy hit by it became harmless.
>>
>>387738561
I spend more time crafting bullets than neuromods. Fucking minerals.
>>
what's the more patricial strategy, gloo + sticking a recycler directly on the phantom, or lift + gloo and letting it shatter to bits when it lands?
>>
Don't listen to /v/ about anything. Especially Prey (2017), the game is actually good.
>>
i think that good but not great would be a fair assessment
>>
>>387753086
I'd say it's an 8.5

I think the shooting is actually good. My only minor autism is the physics.

>Morgan's office
>Never touched the planet or chair
>Both are on the floor and not in the original position, ruining the look

Ticks me off.
>>
>>387749167
He obviously didn't enjoy it though. He played a game that gives you a dozen different ways to play, and he cut off over half of them, then he said it was a boring slog with crappy combat.

Sounds like a pretty dumb fuck to me.

I mean I've played a no powers run, but I tried a bit of everything first.
>>
>>387753814

>game literally tells you that it's probably a bad idea to inject Typhon bullshit into yourself
>WOW WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST PLAY THE WAY I PLAYED IT?

It's not like Bioshock or Dishonored where you need to get at least one power. The developers gave me the option to not do a certain thing in game, therefore it is illogical for you to complain that I am critiquing the game that I experienced. That experience was one the devs intended for some players to see.

Take it up with them, but you're just being a fool if you think that playing the game in a completely valid way invalidates any criticisms I have.
>>
I just didn't like the enemy design at all. A shame as the rest of the mechanics were good.
>>
I'm playing Prey 2006.

Playing as an Indian aboard an alien ship.

Kind of a gruesome game. Not really fun, but it's okay. Hoping it gets more interesting. I'm just using the alien assault rifle and running through everything.
>>
File: 1262039445114.jpg (10KB, 280x105px) Image search: [Google]
1262039445114.jpg
10KB, 280x105px
>>387755090

look man if you don't like gross pussy doors i don't even know what to say
>>
>>387755090
what platform are you playing it on, and if it's digital copy where did you get it pls?
>>
>>387737436
I speccd into combat with shotgun and it fucking tore all my enemies apart.

Full speed+Weapon damage is best
>>
>>387755409

i got it from www.google.com
>>
>>387755558
no you didn't.
>>
>>387737209
I fucking loved Prey 2006.
I also like this Prey even though I wish they just called it something else.
And I don't know what an immersive sim is, but bioshock seemed like just a standard action/adventure fps
>>
>>387756008
>And I don't know what an immersive sim is

just a pretentious wank term
>>
>>387755090
Prey was amazing. I don't even care if it was casual. I'm pretty sure it's not even possible to die since when you do you just go to the spirit realm and revive right where you were. I loved the play with physics and portals and shit. I loved how the protagonist isn't silent. The guns were fun. You also get to kill children, which is rare in video games.
>>
I have Prey and Dishonored 2. Which one should I play first?
>>
>>387756730
Yes.
>>
>>387756730
As much as I liked Prey it just kind of keeps going and going and a lot of it feels like filler. You should probably play Dishonored first and then you'll have time to amble around in Prey.
>>
>>387737045
How long does the demo last? It's way more open than the first console demo.
>>
>>387737045
It is good. People just like to voice their opinions in shitty ways because theyre morons.
If they didnt like it somehow that means its utter unplayable shit.
>>
>>387757161
Pretty sure it's the same trial? I played both, you can freely explore the Talos I lobby up until the point where you need to enter Dr. Calvino's workshop.
>>
>>387737045
I don't know man, the enemies were boring and I the lack of ammo annoying, I just felt like I had better things to do.
>>
>>387757365
No the PC demo lets me backtrack to the initial area before the lobby and I'm pretty sure I could enter the workshop since there was no demo is over popup.
>>
>>387757594
I literally just played the PC trial, once you reach the entrance to the Hardware Labs the game hits you with the paywall, but yeah, you're free to backtrack. the console demo was the exact same from what I remember, but I played that back when it first came out.
Thread posts: 105
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.