[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gone Home

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: Gone_Home.png (1MB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
Gone_Home.png
1MB, 1200x675px
how is this game? Is it at least an interesting period piece?
>>
>>387736858
>how is this a game?
Video Game
noun
any of various interactive games played using a specialized electronic gaming device or a computer or mobile device and a television or other display screen, along with a means to control graphic images.

Not good enough we need to go deeper.

Game
noun
an amusement or pastime:

Hmm decent but not good enough let's dive deeper.

Amuse
Verb
to cause (time, leisure, etc.) to pass agreeably.

Nice, so a Video Game is an interactive program that allows me to control graphical content. And while doing that it also helps me pass my time agreeably.

So Gone Home is interactive, it has graphical output that i can control and for some it is one way to pass time agreeably so yeah it is a game.
>>
>>387737714
eat a dick
>>
I voted for it for GOTY. It is a valuable piece of media for the evolution of video games. Shows us that video games can be more the killing something. They can provoke thought and discussion as would a book.
>>
>>387738293
is this a meme?
>>
>>387737714
Learn2read.

>how is this game?
>>
It was good. I liked ost a lot. I would just put record to play and walkaround other rooms, hearing songs blast somewhere. Really comfy. Story what you readwas alright
>>
>>387738407
Yes friend. /v/ has been memeing gone home for a long time
>>
seems like one of those pretentious games made to mock whoever dislikes it
>>
File: gone home wad.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
gone home wad.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>387738752
I wonder if someone made it in the Quake engine or Build also
>>
>>387738752
is that the game? you just walk around a house reading a drama story?
>>
>>387738867
Yes.

I thought it was alright. Not anything worth remembering once you're done with it.
>>
>>387738867
It's basically an adventure game with almost no riddles and no getting stuck. The goal is to find all items to piece together the story, but there are no interesting twists and no real motivation to find them all except your curiosity or some sort autism, I guess.
>>
made by and for cucks who want to check their privilege
>>
>>387739551
why is it praised so much
why do people act like this is breaking some new ground with 'art games' when things like this have been done numerous times before
>>
>>387739769
Reviewers absolutely love little indie games that they can knock out in one night and still have time to write their review, because they're lazy and aren't very good at playing games.
>>
>>387739769
Anyone can beat the game, it's about an LGBT relationship, it tries to be deep, it's targeted at mature gamers and so on. It's only interesting for people who don't enjoy normal games, which applies to most reviewers sadly.
>>
Lame. Literally "beat it" by Looking around stairs as soon as walked in the house in the first 10 seconds.
>>
there hundreds of indie walking sims on Steam with shit reviews but the same quality as Gone Home. What the fuck gives man?
>>
>>387742890
Those weren't made by people who also happened to be buttbuddies with a clique of """journalists"""
>>
>>387743184
so crony capitalism is how these fuckers fight capitalism?
>>
>>387743335
Did it take you this long to realize that these people are insipid hypocrites?
>>
>>387737714
Perfect
>this triggers the /v/tard
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.