[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

THERE IS NO ZELDA TIMELINE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 192
Thread images: 13

File: pic.jpg (42KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
pic.jpg
42KB, 600x338px
The Zelda timeline is horseshit. There is no Zelda timeline.

Hyrule Historia was written on a whim to get fans to shut up. It was not planned from the beginning, and it certainly isn't something the developers actually care about. Zelda games are not about the story or lore; they are about the gameplay. Story and lore are tacked on to give players more motivation to play. It's just like Mario. When the developers make a new game, do you really think they give two shits about whether a certain idea or gameplay mechanic will fit within the timeline? They focus on the gameplay, because at the end of the day, that's all they care about.

Yes, there are nods in some games to other games. Yes, there are some games meant to be direct sequels or whose lore is a past game. But those are exceptions, not the rule. The developers don't give a shit, and when asked about the timeline, more often than not, they bullshit the answer. Which is why they don't even have a definite answer for the most recent game's placement.

Prove me wrong.
>>
Okay.
>>
>>387720907
ok
>>
the official writers have said there's a timeline and given us the timeline. You can say it's bad/convoluted or w/e but it's there whether you like it or not.
>>
>>387721858
And Miyamoto said Link's last name is Link. I guess you believe that too
>>
>>387722136
Well in Japan you are refereed to by your last name except by close personal friends so his name would be Link.
>>
>>387722136
This. OP is right and not a faggot for once. About time Zelda fags got a reality check.
>>
I've never played a Zelda game, ask me anything
>>
>>387720907
>not planned from the beginning
>Zelda 2
>A Link to the Past
>LInk's Awakening
>Ocarina of Time
>Majora's mask
They gave up on it with Wind Waker
>>
>>387720907
I actually agree, OP. Good post.
>>
>>387722453
Do you want to start?
>>
>What is Skyward Sword?

>What is the origin story manga that takes place before Skyward Sword?

They wouldn't have created those works if they didn't care about the direction the Zelda stories take in sequel games.
>>
>>387723527
They do it because people won't shut the fuck up about it.
>>
>>387720907
>There is no Zelda timeline.
Considering there is an actively canon timeline I think this post is from 30 years ago
>>
>>387720907
So what's a difference between present Link and future Link?
>>
>>387724270
It's bullshit they made up as an afterthought.
>>
>>387720907
the first game is links second adventure while the second game is links first adventure
>>
>>387723732
>>387724845
>Get proven wrong
>T-they did it to shut people up! I'm not wrong!
>>
>>387725638
When I say "there is no timeline", the argument is that there's no timeline that is kept in mind as they develop in the games. Did you know that people can lie and/or bullshit, particularly to keep fans happy?
>>
>>387725849
Oh so you have no source and it's just conjecture on your part to assume because they're human that they didn't consider split timelines post OoT.
>>
>>387724895
And ALttP is a prequel yet!
>>
>>387726017
When asked about BOTW's placement, they couldn't give a definite answer. That alone should tell you they don't actually think about it when developing the games.
>>
>>387725849
This is conjecture against material that exists.
>>
File: ITS A SECRET TO EVERYBODY.jpg (1MB, 2257x3101px) Image search: [Google]
ITS A SECRET TO EVERYBODY.jpg
1MB, 2257x3101px
>>387725638

He's right though. They only made it to appease the autists.
>>
>>387726273
More likely they don't want to spoil it for you and wnat you to figure it out for yourself by playing the game.

>" I’m not going to tell you where the game ends up in the Zelda timeline before you’ve had the chance to play, but if you watched the third trailer, then you heard about the voice that said Hyrule is a country that went through many battles against Ganon.

I’d say this is a clue as to when the game takes place."

And here is an actual source, unlike your conjecture:

http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/zelda-breath-wild-eiji-aonuma-answer-questions-fans/
>>
>>387726284
This is missing when he goes to the Olympics
>>
>>387726847
That's not a definite answer.
>>
>>387727015
Why do you want the game spoiled for you?

Why don't you play it yourself?

At least in my source he acknowledges that the game does have hints of where the game occurs in the timeline.

So you can take your assumptions and shove it.
>>
>>387727119
Who cares about story in a Zelda game? What is there to spoil? Go beat Ganon, that's it. Besides, that's irrelevant, the game has been out for months now. They're bullshitting an answer again, because they have no real answer. They're bullshitting over the story they made up while developing the game.
>>
>>387727307
There's nothing hinting that that's the case
>>
>>387727307
So first you complain that it's an afterthought and now you complain "who cares about story?".

Great thread OP.

Why don't you make a gameplay thread instead of trying to make arguments with checks that don't cash?
>>
>>387722136
Yes, and his first name is whatever you put into the name field.

George Link
Derick Link
Fagballs Link
etc.
>>
>>387727436
>complaining
What? I'm not complaining, I actually think that not worrying about the story allows for greater creativity.
>complain "who cares about story?"
Do you even know what complaining means?
>>
Shit fanfiction, OP.

This reads like one of the many butthurt posts on the Zelda Universe forums when Hyrule Historia came out.
>>
>>387727639
>The Zelda timeline is horseshit. Prove me wrong.
This is complaining.

If you really wanted to discuss gameplay, you would've started the thread talking about BotW gameplay.
>>
>>387727784
It's not complaining. You don't know what complaining means.
>>
>>387723732
Not an argument. Games and franchises only exist because a sizable amount of people don't "shut the fuck up" about them.
>>
>>387720907
The anti-timeline fags have become more autistic than the actual timeline fags. Timeline is canon, accept it and move on. If you don't care about the "story or lore" then it shouldn't matter to you either way. But it DOES matter to you because it doesn't fit your precious headcanon.
>>
>>387727896
I guess this isn't a thread trying to debate the concept of allowing storytelling (that isn't intrusive to the gameplay at all) in order to make a more compelling game because you're upset and unsatisfied with its existence (the nature of your complaining).

Carry on then OP!
>>
>>387727896
Not him but you're very clearly complaining.
>>
File: BotW_Decayed_Guardian_Model.png (265KB, 425x394px) Image search: [Google]
BotW_Decayed_Guardian_Model.png
265KB, 425x394px
Where does Breath of the Wild even lie on the timeline? Zelda herself explicitly references Skyward Sword, Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess, so I'm guessing it's somewhere on the child timeline.
>>
>>387727896
You're basically filing a complaint against the series anon
>>
>>387728223
From everything I can tell, it's Child. They even bothered to retcon the Ruto in via a memorial in TP
>>
>>387728113
I love story based games. I also love games that aren't about story (including the Zelda games). I'm just saying just because they make up bullshit about the timeline as an afterthought that doesn't mean the series is suddenly centered around the timeline from the ground up.
>>387728204
>>387728315
Complaining about what? Put words in my mouth please.
>>
>>387728315
It can be anything but child, all of the divine beasts are named after the sages of oot which never became sages in the child timeline.
>>
>>387728438
No, I think it's still viable as child, otherwise the comment she made about that's a direct reference to TP wouldn't matter.
>>
>>387728429

Meant to quote >>387728254 but quoted >>387728315 instead
>>
>>387728528
Refer to the your OP
>>
>>387728438
But then how does Zelda know about the events of Twilight Princess, which takes place in the Child Era timeline?
>>
>>387728429
>doesn't mean the series is suddenly centered around the timeline from the ground up.
Who's saying that?

The only ones I'd argue for this being the case are Skyward Sword and Ocarina of Time.

However, you can't just completely dismiss the idea that once they finish the gameplay concepts that they aren't considering the idea of where the game might fit in the timeline after adding all the monsters, tools, npcs, etc. to the game.
>>
>The stage is set in the period when Hyrule was one country, long before the actions of Link.

From the Japanese ALttP box. A general chronology existed for the games pretty much from the onset. OP is definitively wrong
>>
>>387728526
Exactly it doesn't matter, its literally impossible for it to happen in the child timeline because they make specific mention of events that occurred in the adult portions of oot which were erased when he travelled back in time to the child timeline. The devs didn't give a fuck about the timeline in this game, they just put references everywhere, there are references to other timelines in zeldas dialogue as well, but from what we know it cannot be child just due to all of the inconsistencies.
>>
>>387728650
So basically after the game is practically finished? So as an afterthought?
>>
>>387728438
They don't have to have been. Ganondorf was captured based on Link's words to Zelda so it's not unlikely the would-be sages gained fame from their actions in another timeline
>>
>>387728832
>its literally impossible for it to happen in the child timeline
by your same logic it can't be in any timeline because there are references all over the place. There are references in every zelda game anon, you shouldn't take all of them to heart, only the ones which are put in the foreground.
>>
>>387728969
Child timeline is the only timeline which has inconsistencies associated with it, it would fit perfectly in the downfall timeline. There is also a bunch of weird stuff with the child timeline, like how Ganon died in TP and a literal new ganon was born in FSA, it takes a bit of the impact away if the Ganon in botw isn't the normal Ganon, while just thematically it fits in the downfall timeline since Ganon has been constantly resurrected in the downfall timeline to the point where in botw he is mindless.

>>387728952
Hyrule historia says the hero of times actions were forgotten.
>>
>>387728969
Not that guy but how does that even logically follow? What counts as "just a little nod" and what counts as a "canon part of the lore"?
>>
>>387728937
If it were truly an afterthought, the games wouldn't be compelling enough to foster a large fanbase that exist today.

There's a reason why the stories in the series are compelling and that's because they put in as much care to them as they do the gameplay, enemes, npc, etc..

Being able to try to guess the timeline based on the events, characters, enemies and stories told throughout each game is a fun part of the game as well.

I don't see them as afterthoughts but more things for more nuanced Zelda fans to discover and provide even more entertainment.

There's nothing wrong with timeline events being hidden and letting you explore where each game fits in them.

You can also readily ignore them and enjoy the raw gameplay.

Quit being so obsessed with the fanbase and enjoy the game how you want to enjoy it OP.
>>
>>387729341
>If it were truly an afterthought, the games wouldn't be compelling enough to foster a large fanbase that exist today.
That argument sucks, guy. Mario has probably an even bigger fanbase and its story is famous for being an afterthought.
>>
>>387729553
Mario doesn't have a fanbase who care about the story, but Zelda does
>>
>>387729252
It doesn't say his actions were forgotten unless you can post a page saying otherwise
>>
>>387729553
>its story is famous for being an afterthought
Maybe because outside of the RPG games and a small amount of Mario Galaxy, Mario Bros games don't really have any dialogue and variation to the format of the story.

Even though many of the Zelda games have you saving Zelda from Ganon, there are many other characters with important roles or interesting developments with Link for you to fill with them.

There are also plenty of Zelda games where she is Link's partner instead of just a damsel in distress which is 95% of Peach's role in Mario games.
>>
>>387729691
> a fanbase who care about the story
It's a reaction to the Hyrule Historia, which was a reaction to fan guessing around the time of the old 2D games, which were made before the timeline was even conceived.
>>
>>387726284
This chart gets me every time. OP is right, the Zelda timeline is bullshit and will always be bullshit.
>>
>>387730087
There was no guessing about the order of the games until The Wind Waker came out, the overall order sans the Oracle games were easy to figure out if you read the nanuals
>>
>>387729926
That doesn't say he was remembered, look on page 118 it says "Ever since returning to the Child Era, the swordsman has lamented the fact that he was not remembered as a hero. "
>>
>>387730445
>The timeline is written in the manuals besides the oracle games
I call bullshit.
>>
I've never played a Zelda game. Which one should I start with?
I've heard OoT (or Majoras Mask) is best but do they hold up? Is it Nostalgia Goggles?
What about Skyward Sword?
>>
>>387730795
A Link to the Past if you want a casual taste of what the Zelda series is largely about. If you like that, and still want to be casual, I'd say move on to OoT, then Twilight Princess. If you plan on being a hardcore fan in the future, the first game you want to try out is the original LoZ, and work your way up.
>>
>>387730795
If you play OoT or Majora's Mask, the 3DS iterations are the best versions.

Skyward Sword if you have a Wii or a way of emulationg Wiimote and Nunchuk is playable on Dolphin, though alot of people are conflicted on Skyward Sword because of the motion controls and Overworld being small.

If you play OoT, prepare for alot of the 3D games following it in similar progression with:

>goto dungeon
>collect dungeon item to traverse said dungeon
>use dungeon item to clear boss
>move onto the next dungeon and repeat

However, I'd argue that the true origin of this playstyle is ALttP and that OoT is basically ALttP but turned 3D.
>>
>>387730760
I call ADD for anyone who says otherwise.

Zelda II takes place after the first one according to its manual.

The back of ALttP's box says it takes place before Zelda I.

ALttP mentions how Ganon was previously human, which OoT shows.

Link's Awakening always seemed to be related to ALttP to me but its manual was always vague about it. Doesn't matter since LA is kind of inconsequential.

Majora's Mask is clearly a direct sequel to OoT which its manual supports.

The only outliers were the Oracle games which makes sense since they weren't developed by Nintendo.
>>
>>387720907
Basically this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cswC6Z8Qx54&t

Fucking dickless nerds.
>>
>>387730475
Oh I see what you were referring to. I don't see how that contradicts my theory though. The Hero of Time's story could still have been remembered enough for each group's leaders such as Nabooru to be promoted basically and gained fame through their own actions. Why do the names in BotW have to be based off of sagedom?
>>
>>387720907
Correct.
I Play Zelda since 98, I've played all of them multiple times, I've read all the interviews, I'm the biggest fan out there.

But there is no timeline, Skyward Sword and BotW made it impossible.

There may be some games connections, like OoA/LA and Z1 and 2.
>>
>>387722136
>Mario Mario
>Luigi Mario
>>
>>387722679
Correct, after TWW the series is about soft-reboots. But even in TWW everything was already shallow.
>>
>>387733356
t. brainlet
>>
>>387733713
Really?
Can't you find the plotholes for youself?

What about the mess that it Hyrule maps?
>>
>>387733713
literal ad hominem
>>
>>387734009
Why are the maps only a problem as of BotW and SS? Geography doesn't really matter when it comes to plot connections
>>
>>387734042
Thank you for pointing out the obvious, brainlet
>>
>>387734497
If you apparently didn't know, fallacies can be dismissed because they don't help your point, and basically you wasted a bump.
>>
>>387734334
Not only SS and BotW, but the entire series.

Plot holes, multiple time travel mechanics.

It was established in the Zelda II manual that the first princess Zelda was the one sleeping at Zelda II, and then they retconned it to be the Hylia Goddess...
>>
>>387728223
Twilight Princess is mentioned directly and every other game in different timeline just gets references in items.

Therefore, since the story directly mentions a previous game it has to be in the timeline that game is in. It'd be retarded as fuck if a game in the Wind Waker Timeline directly mentioned say TP because that would be impossible
>>
File: timeline.jpg (532KB, 2700x2025px) Image search: [Google]
timeline.jpg
532KB, 2700x2025px
>>387720907
>uuuuur the zelda timeline is SOOOOOOOOO confusing durrrr.
>>
>>387734697
Not confusing, just inconsistent, and contradictory and obviously made up on a whim.
>>
>>387734887
No I know, just shitposting for shitposting sake.
>>
>>387734692
>I don't know what a soft reboot is.
>>
>>387734697
SMT isn't bad when you realize that more than half are just alt universes and they're all connected via the amala network.
>>
>>387733539
>shallow
>infinite sea and potential for a sequel
>but MUH REALISM
>get decent, but not great zelda that recycles too much but midna was great
>get shitty "3d" ds game with stylus controls instead
Why nintendo?
>>
>>387734629
The Sleeping Zelda story was retconned as early as OoT if not ALttP. And the only retcon there is that she no longer is the first Zelda which isn't significant.

Nothing you mentioned means there isn't a chronology somehow. Also "timeline" doesn't and never has precluded there aren't plot holes or other such errors.

It's like insisting an inconsistency in Seinfeld or something means there is no specific order to the episodes.
>>
>>387722679
>They gave up on it with Wind Waker
Doubt it when it literally continues from OoT/MM
>>
File: hyrule matched up.jpg (713KB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
hyrule matched up.jpg
713KB, 1936x2592px
>>387728223
BOTW is a merged timeline
>>
>>387735216
>Rushed game
>Unfinished unpolished game
>Vast see of nothingness
>They just skip Hyrule part
>Triforce hunt
>Only 2, instead of 3, dungeons before get the Master Sword because of rush.

Could've been a great game, though, if they kept the fire, ice, haunted ghost, and third dungeon in the game. Not to mention the, possibly, revisited OoT Hyrule with its dungeons.
>>
>>387735124
The child timeline is basically the soft reboot timeline being as there are almost no games on it, which is why Nintendo placed it there.
>>
>>387735502
How does a "merged timeline" even work on a logical level
>you're on one timeline, then BOTW happens
>suddenly everything on another timeline happened as well
>>
>>387735502
Timelines can't merge, silly.
>>
>>387735327
No, it was retconned in SS.

There a lot of things like that, minor and major, throughout the series.

The decedents of the sages being girls, instead of Zoras, Gerudos, Gorons...

And then in TP they are like... spirits things...
>>
>>387735502
Neat fanfiction my man
>>
>>387735730
>>387735792
I'm not saying it isn't retarded but that's the most likely scenario

The only good part of BOTW's weird timeline placement is seeing some of the OOT locations in HD
>>
>>387726017
>>387726847
No, you fucking retard.
They don't give a fuck and fanboys kept pushing for answers since OoT fucks everything up

>Link dies lmao timeline
There was never a "bad ending" in OoT

Hyrule Historia is just there to sell some shit to retards and get them off their backs. They already retconned some stuff with the Hyrule Encyclopedia.

>>387723527
Another prequel.
A pretty shitty one.
>>
>>387735795
No it was retconned earlier. The Sleeping Zelda story requires an untouched Triforce of Courage until Zelda I and II happen which is an impossibility with OoT and ALttP.

OoT is no longer the Imprisoning War so its sages not being all human isn't an inconsistency.
>>
>>387734697
Catherine should be put into the Persona timeline as Vincent appears in 3 from what I hear.
>>
>>387735887
> seeing some of the OOT locations in HD

I mean, if you like seeing them as destroyed piles of debris, sure.
>>
There's a timeline, it just wasn't planned out.
>>
>>387726284
Is it just me or does this make more sense than the Zelda timeline?
>>
>>387728223
>>387728315
>child timeline
>mentions oot sages
The TP sages indicate BotW can't be in the child timeline.
>>
>>387736080
He appeared in the non canon P3P

P3FES is the definitive version
>>
>>387734692
But WW also gets mentioned through items in BotW
>>
>>387736194
OoT is when the timeline splits into three separate branches though, you idiot, so yes, it can still be on the Child timeline.
>>
>>387736063
> The Sleeping Zelda story requires an untouched Triforce of Courage

What? Why? This is actually the first time I'm hearing it.

Another major inconsistency is Link, Zelda and Ganon being reincarnated, but at the same Hero's Shade being the OoT's Link. Is he reincarnated or not?
>>
>>387736381
I don't think you understood my post at all. The sages in OoT don't get awakened when Link goes back at the end of the game, hence the ghostly hylian sages in TP. Cunt.
>>
>>387736381
>OoT is when the timeline splits into three separate branches though
I love how they pulled the third timeline out of their ass in HH.

I have a question though. Is the Hero's Shade really a Stalfos? I always thought it was just a ghost/skeleton and it doesn't look like the Stalfos in TP at all but just like a skeleton of a warrior.
>>
>>387736762
Hero's Shade is literally OoT/MM Link after he had long since died and was forgotten.
>>
>>387736260
What's the difference? It's the same game with a few added features in each one. I can't keep track of how many times Persona 3 was ported.
>>
>>387736871
Yeah, sure I have no problem with that.
But I hear a lot of people say OoT/MM Link became a Stalfos which doesn't make much sense to me.
>>
>>387736649
WW has its own sages as well, but I don't see you complaining about that.
>>
>>387737026
Those people are retarded.
>>
>>387737026
That was before HH confirmed anything, iirc.
>>
>>387736871
>>387736762
Also he probably become a Stalfo because he wandered too much on Lost Woods looking for Navi.
>>
>>387736543
Just read the manual, it's pretty obvious. Or, here: https://zelda.gamepedia.com/Zelda_II:_The_Adventure_of_Link

The Triforce of Courage is hidden away as a direct consequence of the Sleeping Zelda. Therefore, the Triforce of Courage must remain untouched from this event up until AoL.

Therefore, when OoT was released it was plainly obvious sleeping Zelda isn't the actual first Zelda.

As for reincarnation, all that's said is that each Link has the spirit of the hero, I'm not sure that means literal reincarnation.
>>
>>387737026
>>387737113
What?
That was obvious, besides that, it's confirmed in HH.
>>
>>387736328
Yes but that's more easter egg then direct reference in the story. If it was in WW time then they'd mention the flooding of Hyrule
>>
A Link to the Past was literally made as a prequel to Zelda 1 and 2. It's in the fucking title.

Ocarina was literally made as a prequel to ALTTP.

Skyward Sword is a prequel to that.
TP and WW are sequels.

Portable games are just spinoffs.

It's not hard to follow, kiddo.
>>
>>387737026
Hylians who enter the Lost Woods are doomed to become Stalfos.

OoT Link is a Hylian.

OoT Link entered the Lost Woods (you are forced to to complete the game).

Thus, OoT Link eventually ends up as a Stalfos.

Also for those wondering, Breath of the Wild takes place after all the other games, by at LEAST 15 thousand years. The idea is that it would take 5k years for the Hyrule Kingdom to technologically advance to see the machines and laser beams and such that the ancient machines have in Breath of the Wild. Then the civilization falls over 10k years, and BoTW happens.
>>
>>387736949
It's missing the full story and FeMC route is not canon. Also the city in P3 isn't a space station
>>
>>387737028
Why would I? Those are sages of different temples.
>>
>>387737192
> the King of Hyrule had hidden a third part of the Triforce, the Triforce of Courage, in the Great Palace to safeguard it from evil.

True, which makes even more sense to say they really, really didn't care about Zelda continuity.

They just created story after most of the game was finished, as stated by Aonuma. The storyline is an afterthought. There isn't really a timeline, just an excuse that is normally consistent inside of just that game, maybe 2.
>>
>>387737248
>>387737129
Where does it say that the Hero's Shade is a Stalfos? I always thought it was a ghost.

>>387737501
Except that Link didn't turn into a Stalfos after 7 years and the one human we saw in the Lost Woods became a Stalfos pretty fast (or just disappeared)
>>
File: 1461360076837.jpg (29KB, 430x350px) Image search: [Google]
1461360076837.jpg
29KB, 430x350px
>>387737414
All that's clear to me because of people like OP is that the timeline that definitely exists is this one, the one where people are too dumb to read game manuals and boxes.
>>
>>387737748
Then what's wrong with the sages in TP? Not all sages in the series have to be the same ones or related to each other. Everything so far points to BOTW being on the child timeline.
>>
>>387737783
>Hero's Shade
The Hero's Shade is a character from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Once a famed swordsman of Hyrule, he is, according to the Hyrule Historia, the Hero of Time from Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask that died lamenting that he was never remembered as a hero, as well as not passing down his skills to the next generation.

http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Hero%27s_Shade
>>
>>387737926
>>387737414
see
>>387737753
>>
>>387737753
Story being an afterthought doesn't mean there isn't a timeline. The game part of these video games is obviously more important.

And contradicting one unimportant detail of an NES game doesn't mean there isn't a chronology eithet
>>
>>387738025
Again, where does it say that it's a Stalfos?
>>
>>387737783
You don't become a Stalfos as long as you have a Fairy.

But Link wandered too much without Navi, as shown in MM.

Also, MM is just a dream now. Maybe Link really died in that game.
>>
>>387738069
There isn't a pre-planned timeline. Each game advances the timeline or goes back in time.
But there is a timeline.
>>
>>387735493
Hyrule was flooded ending it for good, along with the timeline.
Wind Waker 2 was the next step, but then they abandoned the whole concept for Ocarina 2.
>>
>>387738069
Hey brainlet
see
>>387738069
>>
>>387720907
The only possibilities for not believing there is a timeline:

1. Did not play the games
2. Did not understand the games or weren't paying attention
3. Delusion

Every game has direct references to ay least one other game. Put them together and you get a timeline. The branching timeline is clearly established by the ending of oot.
>>
>>387728832
The adult portion wasn't erased it was shown to continue on. They had a big party.
>>
>>387738362
Stalfos are undead skeletons, just like OoT's Link. Link was wandering Lost Woods, that's proved when playing Majora's Mask...

That's the only logical conclusion.

Link never gave up looking for Navi, had other adventures. but eventually he fell and became a Stalfos.
>>
>>387738713
>>387738373
They had to pull out a third timeline (Link dies) out of their ass just so it could somewhat make sense.

If OoT had a gameover screen like Zelda 2 it wouldn't be an asspull
>>
>>387737990
The TP sages are the old sages that Ganondorf gets rid of in OoT, requiring new sages. They're there during his sentencing which takes place not long after OoT.

>everything so far
There's nothing famalam, Zelda mentions WW but it's hard to hear in the English dub.
>>
>>387738973
>save the world
>doomed to live life trying to find your best friend
>eventually become a shade

Feels bad.
>>
>>387738713
The only possibilitys for believing there is a timeline:

1. Being a Nintendocuck
>>
>>387720907
Nintendo fans don't understand this because Zelda games are the only Nintendo games that have any semblance of a plot.
>>
>>387739075
Is there a point?
>>
>>387739138
That was pretty cool.

But SS was released, and all of them are reincarnations of long past heroes. That doesn't make sense anymore.
>>
So what's everyone's headcanon for the Hero Fails timeline?
I got some idea that part of the wish in ALttP that you make at the end is how Rauru knew Link needed to be frozen in time before fighting Ganondorf. Originally, child Link fights Ganondorf and loses. HH pokes some holes in this though.
>>
>>387739085
>There's nothing famalam

Please fact check yourself. Pic related is from the "Subdued Ceremony" memory cutscene.
>>
>>387720907
The only people who care about the timeline are people with autism OP don't bother. Zelda games take place in their own universe unless directly connected like OOT to MM.
>>
File: 1499898644964.png (492KB, 870x897px) Image search: [Google]
1499898644964.png
492KB, 870x897px
>>387738973
>That's the only logical conclusion.

Not really.
First of all, the Hero's Shade doesn't look like a Stalfos at all. He still has a consciousness unlike other Stalfos.

Sure, he probably died looking for Navi and turned into a ghost or whatever
>>
>>387739568
did you stop at that exactly point in my post? couldn't even finish the line?
>>
>>387739610
Sweet fanfiction my dude
>>
>>387739773
Then where does she mention WW? I'd be willing to give you this argument if you gave proof of it. I don't recall it anywhere except in item descriptions.
>>
File: qaczbrhrvjry.jpg (98KB, 728x1013px) Image search: [Google]
qaczbrhrvjry.jpg
98KB, 728x1013px
>>387720907
While Zelda isn't entirely about the story overall, I do believe the story of each game plays an important role. The stories aren't supposed to be linked together but they're important on their own regardless. Some stories do go together, like OoT and Majora's Mask or LTTP and LBW, since they take place in the same version of Hyrule, but the story overall isn't meant to be taken seriously.
>>
>>387739279
That the timeline stuff is/was an afterthought
>>
File: 1488504678568.gif (411KB, 400x237px) Image search: [Google]
1488504678568.gif
411KB, 400x237px
>>387727514
>Fagballs Link
>>
>>387740061
the same cutscene, listen to Zelda
https://youtu.be/vwf2QDv5DfU?t=61
"the seas of time and distance"

not like translations matter as much as the Japanese, but the French and German also make it even clearer
>>
>>387738973
>That's the only logical conclusion.
You're being autistic again.

It's just a cool stylistic choice. He's a ghost.
>>
>>387740452

Not him, but
That's not TWW

What does TWW have to do with time at all? OoT fits better, Sheik in OoT even describes time as a river which is a similar metaphor to what's used in your quote.
>>
>>387740835
>>387740452
Isn't WW Link the "Hero of Wind"?
>>
>>387740835
here's the nip line
>海を越え 神の作れし黄金の を求めん時
>You cross the seas when you seek the gold made by the gods
sounds like wind waker to me
>>
>>387740452
Well, shit, I guess it's up in the air at this point. I stick to the child timeline, though.
>>
>>387741256
So the speech is at least contested, but what other child timeline evidence is there?
>>
>>387720907
>The flow of time itself is convoluted; with heroes centuries old phasing in and out.
>>
>>387741384
I think we can really only wait on confirmation from Nintendo at this point.
>>
File: GoldenLand.png (2MB, 1081x753px) Image search: [Google]
GoldenLand.png
2MB, 1081x753px
>>387741545
>Mangled remnants from every age and every land..
>It actually sort of lends credence to the old rumours... that the Sacred Realm rests below it all
tfw FromSoft will never design the overworld to a Zelda game, feels bad
>>
File: MuralOrni.jpg (44KB, 650x162px) Image search: [Google]
MuralOrni.jpg
44KB, 650x162px
>>387741256
TPHD added a mosaic depicting Ritos

Why make such an inconsequential change if not to hint at BotW?
>>
>>387720907
>op is too stupid to understand the timeline for a children's game
>>
>>387743573
>anon is too stupid to understand that the developers merely thought of the timeline as an afterthought
>>
>>387744273
>anon is too dumb to read a few paragraphs in an instruction manual or the back of a box
>>
>>387744850
>anon is too stupid to understand that the entire timeline was made as an afterthought, even after the developers admitted as much
>anon is so delusional that he ignores basic inconsistencies for the sake of forcing together a timeline that explains some things but destroys other things logically
>>
>>387740520
>being autistic

you are trying too hard
>>
>>387744273
The Wind Waker specifically mentions the hero of time and the events of OOT.
>>
>>387720907
The biggest thing is that they've revealed 3 different timelines that contradict each other
When even the creators themselves don't know it you know for a fact there is no timeline
>>
>>387738973
TP Link is OoT Links direct descendant. Link becoming a Stalfos has been a debunk theory for years
>>
>>387745216
It's on HH.

Also, the hero is reincarnation of the SS one. Is he father of himself?

It's all fucked up. There is no timeline.
>>
>>387745545
>It's on HH.
Nope, I own the HH and it isn't stated anywhere he became a stalfos. A shade =/= stalfos
>>
I honestly don't understand the anti-timeline crowd? Which games aren't meant to for together? Apart from BOTW and some of the side games they are all obvious prequels or sequels.
>>
>>387745583
But he clearly is a Stalfos, but he's under Ganon's influence.
>>
>>387745023
>anon is too dumb to understand that a basic chronology intention not being as important as gameplay doesn't mean there is no chronology
>anon is too much of a brainlet to read what OP actually says
>>
>>387745843
not*
>>
>>387745878
By "no timeline" I mean no meaningful timeline, (which it matters whether you actually spend time to look into), which is true if it's an afterthought, and if you can see basic "they didn't even care" inconsistencies if they wanted to create a serious timeline from the beginning.
>>
>>387744273
>anon is too stupid to realize that backstory is an afterthought for ALL good games
You really shouldn't be playing video games if you want devs to be designing games based on timelines rather than gameplay first.
Go back to the Last of Us reddit fan page
>>
>>387746082
I personally don't care what you find meaningful and most of the inconsistencies aren't really inconsistencies at all or are too minor when compared to obvious connections that aren't contradicted, as pointed out by many anons in this thread
>>
>>387746295
You're retarded. Play a story based game.
>>387746369
>There are no contradictions
Creationist-tier.
>>
>>387746525
Learn to read, brainlet

Actually, I have a better site for you

www.fanfiction.net
>>
>>387735730
That's sort of how it works in The Elder Scrolls anyway. They just don't have any games on the specific timelines created by Daggerfall. Instead we next play Morrowind whose history is every ending at once contradicting each other and co-existing.
>>
>>387746525
>Play a story based game.
But I'm not 12 anymore

Whoops sorry, I meant Red Dead is the Citizen Kane of our times!
>>
>>387747462
Twelve year olds play games for the gameplay, not the story, champ. They all skip all the dialog and story
Thread posts: 192
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.